|Requirements:||30th Circle, Quest|
|Type / Skill:||pathway / summoning|
|Description:||Barrage links a fully formed target matrix from a spell to a held weapon attack. The spell casts as normal, but the targetting matrix enhances the immediate strike as well as adding some flare for the element that you are aligned.|
|Effect:||Cast a TM spell in conjunction with a weapon attack|
|Messaging:|| Not enough charge:|
- Elemental flare indicates bonus to melee attack was successful.
- Works with Strange Arrow from the Analogous Patterns Spellbook, and all targetted Warrior Mage spells except Ring of Spears, Chain Lightning, and Fire Rain.
- Requires a fully formed target matrix to activate.
- Cannot be used while another pathway is active.
- Barrage uses a fair amount of your elemental charge for pathways. Approximately: A charge dances just below the threshold of discomfort.
- Attempting to barrage a nonexistant body part maintains the spell but uses up reserve when it fails.
- The Melee attack portion of barrage will attempt to continue through spelled induced stuns.
- Despite wobbling from the stun, your greatsword continues on course.
The string indicating a bonus you see just prior to your attack will vary depending on the element of the spell you are aligned, as follows:
- Heatless orange flames climb your scimitar before winking out of existance.
- A shimmering silvery-blue glow quickly spreads from your hand to the tip of your scimitar, then quickly fades.
- Tiny fingers of lightning course rapidly along your scimitar, disappearing almost immediately.
- Pebbles all around your feet jump quickly into the air and hover a moment, before falling back down.
- A thin layer of frost quickly forms on your iltesh before just as quickly evaporating.
- A quick gust of wind picks up from out of nowhere and quickly swirls about you.