A dye tub is a crafting tool used used to dye some crafting materials (cloth, leather, yarn), and crafted items (weapons, armor, fluff items, etc).
See Category:Crafting tools for details.
Creation and Repair
Currently, a dye tub cannot be made, only purchased.
Dye tubs do not take damage and do not need to be repaired.
- Dye can not currently be taken out of a tub, so only add a small amount to your tub to avoid waste.
- STUDY: This appears to be a tub used for dyeing weapons, armor, tools and clothing. You believe that dye can be added by POURing a single dose of it into the tub, or PUTting the entire contents of dye into the tub. Then, you can PUT items in the tub to attempt to dye them.
- With the dye tub in one hand and your Dye in the other, POUR MY DYE INTO TUB. If you LOOK IN MY TUB you will see a portion of dye inserted:
- pour in: You first clean the tub's interior, and then pour one use of some <color> dye into it.
- pour in: You pour one use of the dye into a colorful bamboo dye tub emblazoned with a dark dragon, combining it with the dye already present.
- look in: The dye tub is filled with <number> uses of <color> dye. The dye appears to be <value> potent.
- Next, you will PUT MY <ITEM TO BE DYED> IN TUB, where you will either succeed or fail to apply the dye:
- fail (total): You place the <item> into the tub and wash it back and forth. After a time you pull it forth, dry it off, and realize the dye completely failed to adhere to the material.
- fail (partial): You place the yardstick into the tub and wash it back and forth. After a time you pull it forth, dry it off, and realize the dye did not fully coat the material. You attempt it again with the results, only to discover the tub has run out of dye.
- succeed: You place the yardstick into the tub and wash it back and forth. After a time you pull it forth, dry it off, and realize the dye did not fully coat the material. You quickly put it back in and repeat the process several more times until it takes hold.
- Using a cleaning cloth will offer different results. Using a tin yardstick as an example, you can expect the following combinations:
- Now showing appearance 1 - a tin detailed yardstick with a tempered finish.
- Now showing appearance 2 - a tin detailed yardstick colored with wisteria dye.
- Now showing appearance 3 - a tempered detailed yardstick.
- Now showing appearance 4 - a tempered detailed yardstick colored with wisteria dye.
- Now showing appearance 5 - a wisteria detailed yardstick.
- Now showing appearance 6 - a wisteria detailed yardstick with a tempered finish.
- Now showing appearance 7 - a detailed yardstick with a tempered finish.
- Now showing appearance 8 - a detailed yardstick colored with wisteria dye.
- Now showing appearance 9 - a detailed yardstick.
- Now showing appearance 0 - a tin detailed yardstick.
|Store bought||N/A||40||2 - very delicate||2 - tremendously ineffective|
|Bogbirch dye tub with verdigris copper bands||true||not very effective||5||very delicate||2||superior||9|
|Compact dye tub with ebony handles||true||tremendously ineffective||2||very delicate||2||well||7|
|Deep bogbirch dye tub with twisted purple gold handles||true||not very effective||5||very delicate||2||superior||9|
|Deobar dye tub with pine handles||true||tremendously ineffective||2||very delicate||2||well||7|
|Durmast dye tub with eucalyptus handles||true||tremendously ineffective||2||very delicate||2||well||7|
|Dye tub||true||tremendously ineffective||2||very delicate||2||well||7|
|Iron dye tub with square handles||true||tremendously ineffective||2||very delicate||2||well||7|
|Item:Dye tub||true||true||tremendously ineffective||2||very delicate||2||well||7|
|Item:Mistwood dye tub fitted with lava drake-hide straps||true|
|Mikkhalbamar dye tub with ebony handles||true||tremendously ineffective||2||very delicate||2||well||7|
|... further results|
Different items will take different amounts of dye to cover the item completely. Using less than these volumes will result in needless waste of the dye and a partial failure message (see above).
- yardsticks - 3 volume