Corsairs are found in the pirate city of Enclave on the island of Hara'jaal because that is where they take shore leave. There are four types of corsair, though they all fight the same: talan, tasia, telgi, and hara.
While fighting a corsair it will occasionally look for a guard to have you arrested.
The corsair is dressed much like any sailor would be after many long days at sea. He appears happy to be on shore leave. The red/blue/green/black sash he is wearing is an indicator of which ocean sailing clan the corsair belongs to.
Red Sash: talan corsair
Blue Sash: tasia corsair
Green Sash: telgi corsair
Black Sash: hara corsair
According to The Gamgweth Dictionary talan means red, tasia means blue, telgi means green, and hara means black.
- A talan corsair ponders whether he has time to stop at one of the taverns.
- A talan corsair says, "I hope my ship doesn't leave without me."
- A tasia corsair ponders if the Baron would loan him a few gold til after the next run.
- A tasia corsair looks around with a wicked glimmer in his eye.
- A tasia corsair feels his money pouch while grumbling, "Time to try my luck on ship again."
- After a stun: *A tasia corsair says, "Take alot more than that to do me in bucko..."
- When trying to have you arrested: A tasia corsair sighs and says, "Never a guard around when ya need em."
- Death Message: A tasia corsair says in a ghostly voice, "Dang it I'll prolly miss my boat now."
- Depart Message: A tasia corsair says, "Well I was hoping to wait for a cleric first but if you watch my stuff I'll depart. Thanks."
The earth around the tasia corsair seems to awaken, opening up and curling around him, pulling the lifeless form downward, covering him until all that is left is the empty shell of his clothing.
While fighting with the corsairs they will occassionally look for guards. If guards show up then the attacker will be arrested, tied to a post for several minutes, and whipped.
A talan corsair sighs and says, "Never a guard around when ya need em."
A couple of shabbily dressed guards just arrived.
Spotting you breaking the Baron's peace, the two guards quickly apprehend you and drag you away. The guards toss you into a cell.
See Hara'jaal Justice for more detail.
You recall everything noteworthy about a <type> corsair... which is apparently nothing.
They are not known to cast any recognized spells.
They are known to carry loot in locked boxes.