Category:Living vine cloaks
The vine cloak's appearance changes when worn and is sensitive to the seasons. Different flowers will bloom on the vines, dependent on the time of year. These living cloaks will bond to the first to wear it, though the owner can choose to BREAK the bond. Doing so will most certainly upset the vines, perhaps in more ways than one.
Living vine cloaks must be fed periodically. To do so, FEED it while standing in a natural outdoor area. They like dirt.
- They do not lose health while offline.
- They also do not lose health when not being worn.
- Should the vines die, the only way to revive them is through the power of a potency crystal.
- Using an infuser stone on a living vine cloak will grant it 30 days of sustenance. While under said protection, it will not lose health. Additional stones can be used to add 30 days each.
Any time you see an atmo message, it's lost some health. When you see a bolded atmo message, it's changed health tiers. Atmo messages happen every 15-30 minutes naturally, though RUB/TICKLE can alter the timing (and RUB causes a bigger hit up front because of the delay in atmo messages). Most of the atmo messages, but not all, will display a health indication. These aren't something you need to babysit hourly to keep alive, but definitely don't go afk for a full day. Random item is very random in terms of the damage done -- its mood and activity levels (hidden stats that also randomize themselves periodically) can affect the damage they take each cycle, too. All of these factors also affect the atmo messages that can trigger.
|Health Tier||Vine Health||Flower Health|
|7||lush emerald green||vibrant|
|6||rich and earthy green||vivid|
|5||spotted green and yellow||hearty|
|4||wilting light green||faded|
|3||mottled green and brown||splotchy|
|2||limp and mostly brown||withering|
|1||dried out brown||shriveled|
- Depending on the mood, hunger, health, season and perhaps any number of other whims that strike the vines at any given moment, the cloak could be manipulated in the following ways: PUT items within, OPEN, CLOSE, WEAR, REMOVE, PUSH, PULL, CLENCH, HUG, WAVE, PUNCH, ROLL, TURN, YANK or FEED.
- You can RUB the <living vine cloak> while worn to temporarily put the vines into a less animated state, but this won't last and may harm the <living vine cloak> if done too much. You can TICKLE the <living vine cloak> to rouse the vines back to a more active state.
- The cloak will bond to the first to wear it, though the owner can choose to BREAK the bond. Doing so will most certainly upset the vines, perhaps in more ways than one.
- The <flower> are currently <health> and the vines are a <health> color.
- Potency Crystal Usage:
- The vine cloaks are a living entity that must be cared for by its owner. Should the vines die, the only way to revive them is through the power of a potency crystal.
- --The <living vine cloak> is still alive and cannot benefit from a potency crystal at this time.
- Infuser Stone Usage:
- Using an infuser stone on a <living vine cloak> can grant it 30 days of sustenance. While under said protection, it will not lose health. Additional stones can be used to add 30 days each.
- The <living vine cloak> currently has no lasting sustenance and its owner must FEED it to maintain it.
- Using an infuser stone will provide sustained nourishment until Mon Oct 19 14:00:46 ET 2020.
- You can't tell anything else about a <living vine cloak>.
- You drape a <squirming lump of vines> from your shoulders, and its tendrils come alive, enfolding you in a strong embrace.
- You tug gently at the <living vine cloak>, and its many vines cooperatively slither off from your shoulders and into your hand.
- You gently rub your hands along the <living vine cloak>, soothing the <health> tendrils and encouraging them to sleep.
- You tickle your fingertips against the <living vine cloak>, encouraging the tendrils to be more active!
- You affectionately rub the vines of your cloak, coaxing them to loosen their grip on you. Slowly they relax, unravelling and hanging casually from your shoulders.
- You tug gently at the vines, and they begin to coil tightly about your body in a firm embrace.
- You rub your hand down the lush emerald green vines of your cloak, taking care to avoid the <health> <flowers>. The vines shift lazily but soon settle back to their original spots.
- You tug on the <living vine cloak> lightly, and the vines sullenly coil around your body, draping lazily into loose, <health> loops.
- When dry:
- You reach for one of the tendrils and give it a squeeze, causing the whole cloak to come alive as the vines probe curiously towards the ground. As they reach your ankles, half of the mass anchors itself into the ground and the other half constricts, pulling you off balance! You tumble over!
- When wet:
- You reach for one of the tendrils and give it a squeeze, causing the whole cloak to come alive as the vines probe curiously towards the ground. Satisfied, the vines anchor themselves into the ground and then slowly stretch back up, efficiently absorbing the water dripping from you.
- You hug your cloak to yourself. The tendrils slither around your body, clenching and unclenching to return the hug.
- You brush a hand along the front of your <living vine cloak>. The tendrils sweep away from your body and wave lazily in the air for a moment before settling back into place.
- You punch the <living vine cloak>! The <health> tendrils retract and constrict immediately, pinching you in return!
- Actually, using a weapon would probably be a bit more effective.
- You fiddle with one of the idle <health> tendrils of the <living vine cloak>, twirling it around a finger.
- You gently adjust the swaying vines of your <living vine cloak>, encouraging them to rest more comfortable against you.
- You sharply yank one of the vines of your <living vine cloak> The tendrils constrict tightly, stealing your breath!
- (Initial message)
- You relax your body, allowing the vines to roam downward to test the ground for nutrients.
- The vines sink deeply into the dirt and begin to feed, binding you in place.
- (in progress)
- The feeding vines undulate in a pleased manner as they gorge themselves on the rich nutrients in the dirt.
- The mass of feeding vines retract from the dirt, having their fill of the rich nutrients. They rapidly slither back up around your body, allowing you to move once again.
- You reach for one of the tendrils and draw it close. Without hesitation, you rip the tendril savagely from the mass, severing it in a cruel act of betrayal. The writhing mass constricts into a tight ball as if clutching the wound, but just as swiftly explodes into a terrible frenzy of slapping, slashing, stinging strikes.
- At last, the vicious onslaught has played itself out. The vines noticeably weakens, its flowers fading and vines withering. The tendrils barely move anymore.
- (This action wounds the former owner.)
- A hint of the fragrance from the <flower health> <flower color> <flower type> covering your vine cloak draws your attention.
- Ever curious, the questing <vine health> tendrils of your vine cloak stretch outwards towards <room object> as if trying to divine its nature. Swiftly, they stretch further, like a child reaching for candy, and the vine cloak nearly topples from your shoulders!
- The vines of your vine cloak suddenly rise up, momentarily blocking your view. You gently push them aside.
- The <vine health> tendrils of your vine cloak wave excitedly about.
- The <vine health> tendrils of your vine cloak wave lazily about.
- A tendril sprouts from a thicker vine of your vine cloak, its tender tip questing out from the parent creeper to weave itself into the complex growths along the garment's surface.
- With child-like curiosity, the <vine health> tendrils of your vine cloak stretch towards the <direction>.
- Your cloak's vines run along the ground, probing here and there as if searching for something.
Related forum posts
Pages in category "Living vine cloaks"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.