|Location:||The Heraldry Shop (Ranik Map 67e)|
Amid the pungent smells stands Bonime, a tall, aristocratic woman of statuesque proportion. Her long dark hair is swept up from an alabaster neck and ornately coifed in an artful simulation of riotous curls that decorates her distinctive forehead. Her silver almond-shaped eyes are rimmed with thick lashes and full pink lips complete the vision of Elothean loveliness. She seems almost out of place here amongst the paint, smells and drawings and yet her slender fingers constantly flit over brushes and paints, ensuring they are regimentally in place. Her expression is one of hauteur, meeting your scrutiny with frank return.
- Bonime arches a delicate brow and says a little disdainfully, "What do I know of shields and such? They are but the canvas upon which I enact my art."
- Bonime blinks at you, looking surprised. "Is this some trickery? I am Bonime, Heralder of Shard. Who did you expect to be in the Heraldry shop, the Ferdahl?"
- Bonime says, "The field is the background upon which the charge is painted. It is important to get the color of the field right. It affects the design completely and can highlight or drown the charge."
- Bonime absently twirls a loose tendril of hair about her forefinger obviously giving your question some thought. "In its purest form it is the art of blazoning or painting armorial bearings, of settling the rights of persons to bear arms or to use certain bearings, of tracing and recording genealogies, of recording honors, and of deciding questions of precedence. Of course I don't get involved in such matters. My art is that of the charges and fields. But I can tell you this, heraldry tells a story about the one who bears the arms and not just anyone can ply the craft. It takes time and patience to perfect and the secrets and recipes are passed from generation to generation. In Hibarnhvidar the tradition is passed from second daughter to second daughter but I was taught as an apprentice artisan. Makes it much easier."
- Bonime looks about thoughtfully a moment before saying with a touch of pride, "I don't like clutter and I don't work for free. Every design you see here is a Bonime original. I serve the Ferdahl and the Houses, the Orders of Elanthia and various other nobility. My art is second to none, and will last the life of the shield, provided you don't break it."
- Bonime puts down a brush she had picked up and says, "The recipe for each tincture is a trade secret, some families pass down their own variations from generation to generation. Each color must be exact. If you would like to know the colors available, I have them listed in the catalog."
- Bonime indicates some small tincture pots and with perfect diction, enunciates clearly, "The recipe for each tincture is a trade secret, some families pass down their own variations from generation to generation. Each color must be exact. If you would like to know the colors available, I have them listed in the catalog."