|Mana Type:||Life Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||5 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||10 / 600|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||10 minutes / 40 minutes|
|Description:||The Blood Staunching spell temporarily halts the flow of your blood, keeping you from bleeding to death during that time. In addition, you can pre-cast the spell as a preventative measure in case you begin bleeding. If you attempt to replace a cast of the spell and have wounds that would otherwise be bleeding, they may resume bleeding again for a few moments as the fresh cast of the spell takes effect.|
|Effect:||prevents blood loss|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.|
A sudden sensation of warmth spreads through your body, focusing on your bleeding wounds.
Your bleeding is halted.
A sudden sensation of warmth spreads through your body, before settling itself between your shoulders.
- This spell can be used while shocked.
- The spell has two different durations. If cast while not bleeding, it will have a longer duration, that reverts to the lesser duration once it's triggered by bleeding wounds. If cast while bleeding, it will begin at the lesser duration.
- Not Bleeding: 10 minute duration at minimum mana, 40 minutes at maximum mana. (Regular spell duration.)
- While Bleeding: 2 minute duration at minimum mana, 10 minutes at maximum mana. (Battle spell duration.)
- Tended wounds still trigger the staunching effect.
- If cast while bleeding, it may take a few seconds to "pulse" and detect bleeding wounds, switching to the active effect and shorter spell duration.