Beseech the Dark to Sing quest
|This article reveals in-game secrets, spoilers, walkthroughs, or other information not intended for general knowledge in-game.|
- Tomma says, "A very interesting ability, I hear the caves on Aesry are a good place to start to learn about sounds in the dark."
- Head to Aesry and into the Sea Caves where you'll face Nipoh Oshu. Find the room in the hunting area where you can see without a light source (a couple NE then North once in the Nipoh Oshu hunting area).
- Here you will need to forage one each of a clear crystal, a black crystal, a crimson crystal and an azure crystal.
- Put them in a container and move one room south.
- While in the dark you must proceed to correctly combine two colored crystals at a time to produce a new colored crystal using
- COMBINE <color crystal> with <color crystal>. This order is different for everyone. (see below)
- Once you combine all the crystals together, you will have a multi-colored prism.
- The next step is to TAP prism, but make sure you do this in a dark room with either someone guarding you, or someone on the lookout for creatures because you will drop to the ground and be stunned for a bit. After you've done that, you will have your beseech.
Wilderness bonus has to be at maximum and that those rooms nearby do not necessarily lead to maximum bonus - the ranger has to find a nearby room, get to maximum bonus, then attempt to forage the crystals. One problem is that "PACE" makes those rooms in the caves appear to be max, but they're one or two steps below.
You tap the prism, causing a slight ring to flood the area.
The ringing of the prism becomes amplified into a dominating hum.
Closing your eyes, you try to concentrate on blocking out the noise as it howls through the caverns.
A sharp pain pierces your temples like spikes of ice! You drop to the ground stunned!
Drifting in and out of consciousness, the humming sound grows like a choir in your head. As you try to close your eyes and block out the sound, echoes begin to reverberate in your mind at different pitches.
Slowly and almost magically the echoes swirling around you coalesce into images of your surroundings. Something has changed you feel your senses heightened by the intense sounds around you...
The beating of a moth's wings pound loudly in the darkness and its image blooms before you.
Water trickles far down the cavern walls and rings with such crystal clarity you gauge the distance by its pitch.
Something has happened, something is different. In a moment, you become conscious once again and see the room around you perfectly...
Your vision parts the darkness and you see...
[Steam Vents] Steam gushes into the small chamber from several flues in the walls and floor. Some of the dense clouds escape through small shafts in the ceiling, leaving a light mist blanketing the room. You also see a nipoh oshu, a nipoh oshu, a nipoh oshu, a nipoh oshu, a nipoh oshu and a nipoh oshu. Obvious exits: north, northeast, southwest.
...only after a brief moment do you realize your eyes are still closed! The dark is singing to you and you can see its song!
As the hum dissipates, the prism vibrates momentarily before breaking into thousands of tiny pieces and scattering into the air. You feel a slight sting in your right hand.
Your enhanced vision fades and you descend again into darkness as a low-pitched humming rises from vents and holes in the walls and floor. The pitch grows higher and the volume louder until a loud whistling shrieks in your ears, causing your head to pound achingly. Finally, it tapers off and all falls quiet again.
Here is a list of the different ways to combine all the crystals. Go through one by one to make sure you don't miss one (and remember, which hand it is in DOES matter).
|Left Hand||Right Hand|