See ALIGN command for syntax.
Rangers may align some of their spirit health to use with their Beseeches.
Align serves several functions related to both the casting of spells and predictions.
- ALIGN <skillset> / <skill> (CURSE): Aligns the mage to a skillset or individual skill for predicting upon. Defaults to attempting a positive prediction, but adding the CURSE command attempts a negative one.
- ALIGN MOON <Yavash / Katamba / Xibar>: Requires at least 20 ranks in astrology. Causes all spells requiring a moon as a target will to default to the aligned moon. I.e., a simple CAST behaves like CAST <MOON>.
- ALIGN MOON GRAZHIR: Similar to aligning to the other moons but is only available to mages that have completed the 100th circle quest. Causes all Teleport and Moongate spells cast without a target to take the mage into the Astral Plane at the nearest Grazhir shard.
- ALIGN MOON SEVER: Severs the mage's connection to the aligned moon. Required to align to a new moon.
- ALIGN SPLIT: Allows the mage to use only a portion of a prediction pool on a following prediction.
- ALIGN TRANSMOGRIFY <skillset1> TO <skillset2>: Allows the mage to convert one prediction pool into another. Requires passing a very difficult Astrology check.
Clerics can align themselves to a specific deity with ALIGN <Immortal>. Of five possible skills (Augmentation, Debilitation, Utility, Warding, Target Magic), each deity will bonus the two skills listed by 15%, and penalize the other three by 15%.
Note that the bonus to Targeted Magic only applies to increasing the amount of mana that can be used, not to accuracy.
There is a 6 hour cooldown between aligning to a deity and it requires an altar candle.
- Stand in a consecrated room. Rooms with altars or shrines tend to be consecrated. Meraud's commune will also consecrate a room.
- Light an altar candle. In Zoluren, you may purchase tall silvery altar candles.
- ALIGN <IMMORTAL>
A Warrior Mage must first align themselves to one of the elements with ALIGN <element> before other summonings can occur. This defines the nature of your Elemental Charge, energy that dwells in the bodies of Warrior Mages and is discharged to summon forces from the Elemental Planes.
Choosing an element to align to will automatically place you in opposition to another. For example, choosing Fire will place you in opposition to Water. Most Warrior Mages are locked into the classic pairings, but with exceptional skill in Summoning you can learn how to define your oppositional element freely with ALIGN OPPOSITION <element>.
Earth opposes Air, Fire opposes Water, and Aether opposes Electricity.
Related Forum Posts