The Weather Prediction system has received a fairly substantial overhaul, and is now live in both Platinum and Prime. TF will follow in a few days assuming all goes well.
What has changed?
- Predicting the weather now actually uses all the skills that it grants experience for, and likewise will grant experience for all skills it uses.
- How far into the future a moon mage
"Moon mage" is not in the list of possible values (None, Bard, Barbarian, Cleric, Empath, Moon Mage, Necromancer, Paladin, Ranger, Thief, Trader, Warrior Mage, creature, Commoner) for this property. can peer is now dependant on the Astrology skill, not their circle. Mages that only meet the min requirements for their guild in Astrology probably shouldn't notice much (if any) difference, but those who train Astrology beyond the minimums should now see improved results.
- Previously the prediction results were fairly unreliable. You will now find that as you gain skill, you will not only be able to see farther into the future, but you will be more accurate overall except on the fringes of your skill.
- The system now supports areas with unusual weather patterns such as deserts or high mountains.
- The system will also now support attempts to predict the "weather" in the Astral Plane. I'll leave it to you guys to figure out what that means.
- There's also something else new. What is it? That would be telling. When the time is right, we'll let you know. Until then, we'll let folks worry about what we are up to.
- GM Dartenian