Weapon:Phalanx sword (crafted)
A phalanx sword is a melee-range Heavy Edged metal weaponsmithing template. It requires a special set of instructions to produce.
It is a 09- Intricate template, uses 9 volumes of metal, and is covered by the ? technique.
It is 8 by 1 by 1 spans.
Standard weapons are 100% high carbon steel for comparison between templates. They should be tempered, but never balanced or honed.
| T=Tempered, B=Balanced, H=Honed|
La=laminated, CB=Cable-backed, Li=Lightening
Red text means that some of the listed information
is either unconfirmed or otherwise unreliable.
Black underlined text means that it is the first
weight in which that value is reached.
High carbon steel
|95||03- low||10- v.heavy||05- fair||03- poorly||07- reasonably||06- decently||27|
|96||03- low||13- severe||07- mod||04- inadequately||05- fairly||08- soundly||55|
|95||03- low||14- v.severe||08- s.heavy||05- fairly||04- inadequately||09- well||67|
|99||04- s.fair||14- v.severe||08- s.heavy||05- fairly||05- fairly||09- well||62|
|104||04- s.fair||15- extreme||09- heavy||05- fairly||04- inadequately||09- well||65|
The phalanx sword does not follow standard construction.
|90||?||18 - p. invulnerable|
|80||?||18 - p. invulnerable|
|75||?||18 - p. invulnerable|
|70||?||17 - n. impervious|
|50||?||14 - v. strong|
- STUDY: As you study the sword, you think you could probably wave, turn, clean, pull, punch, push, raise and poke it.
- WAVE: Raising your phalanx sword overhead, you swing it in a spiral, hearing the whine as the blade cuts through the air.
- TURN: Savoring its gleam, you tilt your phalanx sword side to side, allowing light to dance over it.
- CLEAN: Noticing a smudge marring the metal of your phalanx sword, you exhale across the blade, then buff the mark away.
- PULL: You rest your hand against your waist, seemingly relaxed, but the point of your phalanx sword remains ready.
- PUNCH: To emphasize a particularly important point you're thinking about, you slam the pommel of your phalanx sword into your empty palm. The deep thudding sound is as impressive as it is painful.
- PUSH: Slick as oil, your blade cuts the air with a soft "SSSSS" as you draw your phalanx sword out to the side.
- RAISE: Raising your phalanx sword overhead, you prepare a devastating downward thrust.
- POKE: Imagining the form of your dearest foe, you jab your phalanx sword at vital organs, trying not to grin as you imagine the response.
Related Forum Posts