Equipped with a sturdy-looking net of woven hemp, the Velakan slaver looks around with a calculating eye.
- The Velaka Desert is an everchanging maze. To return to the city of Muspar'i look for "a rocky trail."
- Note: Velakan Slavers only appear in the area of the Velakan Desert called [Velaka Desert, Rock Circle], and you must be standing in one of these rooms to cause them to spawn. That is just 7 of the 47 rooms in the desert.
The Velakan Slaver will throw netting that freezes its opponents in place.
- The netting can be escaped by a Thief using Khri Silence
- The net is escaped after a short time (possibly based on Escaping skill?)
- Several slavers can cast multiple nets on a person at one time, prolonging the capture time.
- Caught: The Velakan slaver catches you off guard, and manages to ensnare you in its netting! You're trapped!
- Evaded: The Velakan slaver attempts to ensnare you with some netting, but at the last moment, you deftly maneuver out of the way!
Where to find them: If you want predominantly slavers to hunt, they gen in the room with the high plateau leading into zombie nomads. They will travel, but this is where I have had the most luck. Other nearby rooms gen more westies along with slavers.
- Armor and Defenses: slow around 320. Still dabbling in armor (1/34) at 359.
- Locks: Sweet spot if you are just under 200 until about 250. At 287, they are simple.
- Weapons: I am backtraining lower weapons, but I can hit them with 150 in the weapon (might be due to agility and melee mastery tho). Probably 175 would be a good starting range.