Given what is said in this article, it looks like Grazhir is Gemstone's Liabo moon. Or is there some other moon in GS that they are referencing that is also a silvery-white? Having played a character up to cap in GS, I'd be surprised if there was one. Renian 22:51, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- This is what is known as an easter egg. Grazhir is not, in fact, Liabo. It may be pure coincidence, or it may be an OOC nod to the GS community, but there's no lore-based connection between the two moons.--Symphaena 03:41, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think I ever would have marked it as an easter egg myself. Dragonrealms is a spin-off of Gemstone, has Glaes, has mirroring towns (The Crossing is like Wehnimer's Landing, Riverhaven could be like River's Rest, etc), has nearly-mechanically identical spells/abilities in some cases (such as Warrior Mage Familiars = Wizard Familiars), has the same world name, has the Dragonspine Mountains, each game has 4 moons...and that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I don't think it's coincidence. Some might be (i.e., Dragonspine might just have always been a cool name for mountains), but I remember in an IRC log Melissa Meyer, former PM of both HJ and GS, stating that they were trying to figure out where they wanted to set Hero's Journey into the timeline of Elanthia, and were considering putting it inbetween the games.
- Though I will admit, it's not Liabo. On further inspection, it's Makiri. I forgot about the color changes of the moons.Renian 06:05, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
Should we update the Skill Needed table if we were able to memorize a shard's pattern below the ranks listen on the table? My Moon Mage just memorized Taniendar with 203 Astro, 205 Scholar, and 217 Arcana. Mrbobcat 19:39, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- Tabelrem was also learned with these ranks. Mrbobcat 20:12, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
I'm moving some information here. It's approximations on different skill levels needed per each shard that shouldn't really be on the main page. --Pathian 06:12, 18 January 2013 (UTC)
- Ranks as reported in the Dragonrealms forums
- Disciple, Intelligence and/or Wisdom also play a role.
- With Scholarship 168, Arcana 169 and Astrology 150, Discipline 20, Intelligence 21 and Wisdom 24 I was not able to learn Emalerje with six attempts;
- After training Discipline to 34, Intelligence to 30 and Wisdom to 30 [no change in skills], I was able to learn Emalerje on the first try.
- UPDATE 03/12/12
- Was not able to learn Auilusi with 305 ASTRO, 329 SCHOL, & 421 ARCANA. WAS able to learn it with 306 ASTRO, 331 SCHOL, 424 ARCANA
Tafaer was able to learn Rolagi with 108 Astrology, 231 Scholarship, 130 Arcana, 34 Discipline, 26 Wisdom, and 29 Intelligence. He was not able to learn Emalerje with these same stats/skills.