|Prerequisites:||Demrris' Resolve or Hodierna's Lilt|
|Mana Type:||Elemental Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||15 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||80 / 800|
|Valid Spell Target:||Item|
|Duration (min/max):||10 minutes / 40 minutes|
|Description:||Resonance creates a sympathetic bond between your weapon and yourself, enhancing the might of its blows and allowing you to recall the weapon to your hand should you happen to die.|
|Effect:||Enhances the top two damage stats of a weapon.|
|Example Messaging:||You close your eyes briefly, focusing on the dull thumping of your own heart. Extending that focus to a <weapon>, you feel it resonate with you.
You focus your magical senses on a curving golden scimitar with a silk-wrapped hilt.
You are certain that it could do:
- This can only be in effect on a single weapon. If you cast this on a second weapon the connection to the first weapon will fade.
- You can drop the weapon, place it in your container, on a surface, at your feet, or wear it and it will not lose the Resonance effect, but if another player handles it the effect will fade.
- There is no messaging when the effect fades and there is no periodic atmospheric messaging. The only way to tell if the weapon still has the effect is to focus on it or appraise it.
- BUG: Despite the description of the spell in DISCERN and guild leader speeches, if you die while holding a resonating weapon it does not appear to bond to you. Normal bond activation verbs such as INVOKE or LOOK <weapon> do not work at any rate.
- Does up to a 20% boost to the top two damage types of the weapon. There is a cap on how high this can go.