Post:Xerasyth and allies make their move! Long log. - 1/10/2010 - 2:53:37

From elanthipedia
Jump to: navigation, search


This article has been tagged for wikification.
In other words, the format needs a bit of cleaning up and wikicode added to it.
Check Articles for wikification for more articles needing wikification.


Xerasyth and allies make their move! Long log. · on 1/10/2010 2:53:37 AM 4643
>This is REALLY LONG! I've trimmed it down as much as I possibly can and cut out a few technical difficulties we had. It includes the initial talk with Sinstra, capturing Xerasyth, and the events that unfolded in Ignifera's home. If anyone has more to contribute please do, I'd love to see what I missed.

>The evening begins with all of this...

A meteor streaks across the sky as a Kaldar's soul departs forever to walk the Starry Road, stripped of its profane aegis.

A meteor streaks across the sky as an Elf's soul departs forever to walk the Starry Road, stripped of its profane aegis.

A meteor streaks across the sky as an Elf's soul departs forever to walk the Starry Road, stripped of its profane aegis.

Your mind hears Sinstra thinking, "Necromancers. You witness in the skies what will happen if you continue your evil ways. Repent, and perhaps the gods shall find mercy on your wretched souls."

Your mind hears Sinstra thinking, "Those who would sympathize with necromancers. It is too late for them, but perhaps not for you. Pray to the gods for forgiveness, and they may answer."

Your mind hears Sinstra thinking, "Though necromancy is among the foulest of sins, if your own soul is not tainted by it then there is still time. Do not walk this evil path, no matter what is promised or what lies they whisper in your ears."

Your mind hears Sinstra thinking, "Those who are neither. A great evil spreads amongst the land, harming it to its very core. Necromancers walk the streets, defiling everything that they touch. Undead plague our roads and kill our people. The world is dying, and only you can save it. Do not give in to them."




>I go find Sinstra in the temple. Others are speaking with her so I wait around a bit and then...

[The Iris Rim, Shrine of Outwardness] Dedicated to spirit manifested outwardly, one wall of this room is dominated by a rich tapestry. Its opulent stitchery depicts a kneeling, plate-clad warrior humbly offering his blade to an Alfar whose blazing, unearthly beauty surrounds him with radiance. A stained glass roundel depicting Elanthia graces the ceiling, traced in gold with the major trade routes of land and sea. A bright flicker in one corner reveals an extraordinary sculpture -- a crystal phoenix rising amidst real flames. You also see a giant hairless polar bear that is sitting and a lapis-edged arch. Also here: Ysselt, Visionist Wimgel, Asperity, Dafo Zamara, Aes-Amachi Terra, Gallant Marsais, Temple Inquisitress Sinstra. Obvious exits: none.

You say to Sinstra, "I have helped your Inquisition in recent weeks."

You say, "I have given them the names of necromancers, punished others, and I recently saved Szrael's life."

Sinstra says, "We have heard, yes."

You say, "Today I can make good on my promise. I can give you Xerasyth before the sun sets again."

Sinstra raises an eyebrow.

Sinstra says, "A bold claim."

You say, "I would not make it if I could not do it."

Ysselt says, "I find Sebastienne, for all her faults, does not make claims she cannot back up."

Sinstra says to you, "Let me make this very clear."

Sinstra says to you, "I do not trust your words or your actions. Neither does Khurek, and neither does the Temple."

You say, "That lack of trust is very mutual."

Sinstra says to you, "You have, in the past, dabbled in blatant evil like it is a child's toy."

You say, "And I turned back."

Sinstra says, "Redemption is a road, not a destination."

Sinstra says, "You still have a long way to travel."

The hairless polar bear growls, "reguardless of what she can provide, one does not merely walk into Xerasyth room and capture him"

Sinstra says, "Indeed. So, we will believe his capture when we see it."

You say, "One does if one knows where he is and has some tricks up her sleeve."

You say, "But before we get into that..."

You say, "The trust issue is serious."

You say, "I have little reason to think you will not cast me out the second I have served your needs."

You say, "Perhaps you can set my mind at ease and then I will give you your necromancer."

Sinstra raises an eyebrow.

You say, "I would like an acolyte dispatched to...to wherever there is a member of Dergati's faith in this labyrinth of a temple. I want them told that I seek a meeting with them at some future date to discuss visions relevant to the goddess."

Sinstra says, "A not so unreasonable request. If you want to speak to a priestess of Dergati at some point, that should be easy enough."

Sinstra speaks briefly with an acolyte, who quickly leaves the shrine.

>Wanting to speak with a priestess of Dergati is what I've been saying is my reason for helping the Inquisition, in case people were wondering. I actually DO want to speak to one, but it's probably not likely now... :(

You say, "I appreciate the gesture."

You say, "I know where Xerasyth is, right now."

The hairless polar bear growls, "how can you know so much about someone no one can find?"

You ask, "You are Trop's bear, are you not?"

The hairless polar bear growls, "yes i am"

You say, "I would think you know enough of me to know what I am capable of."

Zamara says, "So, about the tail-theif."

Zamara motions to you.

You say to Zamara, "I dislike your commanding gestures, particularly when they are directed towards me. Keep it in mind."

Sinstra asks you, "You realize that simply knowing where he is will not be enough, yes?"

You say, "Yes. It should not be a problem. It will take a few moments to explain, though."

Sinstra says, "Since he seems to be able to appear at our doorstep, kill, and disappear again."

You say, "I overheard him speaking with Totenus and listened in from a safe distance for quite awhile."

Jaelia asks, "Has he not also been captured and escaped many times before?"

You ask Jaelia, "Can I talk?"

Jaelia says to you, " I've never seen you incapable of it before."

You chuckle.

You say, "Nice. Now please, shut up."

Sinstra says to you, "Watch your manners."

You say, "Fine. Forgive that."

You say, "Much of what they spoke of was magical or philosophical in nature. Including a term Xerasyth called "null faith" that I think is key."

Jaelia says, "What is this null faith, it sounds really ... very bad."

You say, "Null faith is something that he described to Totenus as a 'lack of faith strong enough to shield one from faith'."

Sinstra says, "Heresy."

You say, "Essentially a person either believes in one of the 13 immortals or their aspects, and places their faith in them, or they do not."

You say, "Some necromancers -- Xerasyth is one, Lyras is obviously another if you think about what happened with his Highness -- are such strong non-believers that they are shielded from the power of a single faith."

Sinstra frowns.

Caelumia gazes off into the distance.

You say, "Xerasyth specifically warned Totenus about the power of multiple faiths. That null faith can block one, but not many."

Sinstra says, "Interesting."

You say, "I would suggest then that you prepare something that has the power of multiple faiths in it. Holy water, perhaps, or a weapon. And we go use it on Xerasyth. I am quite wiling to bet my life that it will make him much easier to handle."

The hairless polar bear growls, " do you think all Necro's will have this "null-faith"?"

Jaelia asks, "So simple faith in just an aspect, or a single Triad, or a One-God, is actually not just simple, it is potentially harmful?"

Sinstra says to Caelumia, "Stop doing that."

Caelumia frowns.

You say, "I think all necros have it in the sense that they do not believe in the power of the Immortals any longer. I did not get the impression that it will protect all of them like it does Xerasyth."

Caelumia says to Sinstra, "I am trying very hard -not- to think."

You say, "I suppose it is something that comes with time and experience."

You say, "Certainly Xerasyth and Lyras have shown themselves to be amazingly resilient. Totenus still seems to die like anyone else, he is just good at fighting and sneaking about."

Sinstra says, "As an aside... I would urge you all to not delve too deeply into this sort of study. Not even to fight it. This is how a great many necromancers begin their careers."

Caelumia quietly says, "Not thinking."

Sinstra says to Caelumia, "Logic and reasoning will not save you, heretic. Only faith will. Remember that."

You say to Sinstra, "Should you wish to try to follow up on this, I will lead a hunting party to him. If not -- well you have the information for another time. But I am quite certain we can have him before the sun sets."

Sinstra says to you, "Now... If what you say is true. We will need to prepare."

You nod.

Inquisitorial Truthsayer Szrael came through a lapis-edged arch.

Sinstra says, "Ah, Truthsayer."

Szrael says, "Caelumia said my presence was required. Good morning."

Sinstra says, "Good morning."

Sinstra says, "It seems that the branded woman has a plan to destroy Xerasyth."

Szrael grows extremely still as she turns an intensely calculating look on you.

You say to Szrael, "We can have him today, if things are done properly."

Szrael says, "Surely my Goddess would smile upon such an outcome."

Szrael says, "But I can't imagine that it would come easily."

Szrael fixes you with a cold, reptilian stare.

You say, "I expect to die today."

You say, "You should too."

You say, "But I am confident we can get him, or I would not be here."

Caelumia says, "Death. I'm okay with death. It's the other thing I don't want."

Szrael says, "If it might bring the end of the khozh, then I am willing to die as often as I must."

Zamara nods to Caelumia.

Szrael folds her arms and lifts her head, a proud gleam in her eye and her tail resting firmly against the ground.

Sinstra says, "I will prepare some holy water in the manner you have suggested, then."

Sinstra says, "All of you, gather what friends and companions you can and meet me at the Temple gate."

Caelumia tilts her head down.

Szrael slowly empties her lungs.

Traim says, "This is my kind of meeting."

Caelumia says, "Yes."

Ysselt gives a slight nod.

Caelumia glances at Traim.

Traim flashes a wide grin.

Sendithu grins at Traim.

Caelumia asks Traim, "Ready to razzledazzle, sweetcheeks?"

Sinstra says, "It will take little time. Be ready in ten roisaen."

You ask, "Who wants to show me the way out of here?"




>We head down to the gates to start prepping...

[Temple Grounds, Entry Gates] The immense outer walls of the temple meet here, a thick lacquered mahogany gate acting as their mediator. The hardwood entrance has been banded with sturdy bars of steel to ensure its stamina in the most dire of times. A cobblestone path leads to the north, winding off into the various parts of the temple grounds. You also see a battered canvas tent with a large gladiola painted on the exterior, a white-robed monk and a low mahogany building. Also here: Visionist Wimgel, Sendithu, Ysselt, Inquisitorial Truthsayer Szrael, Dafo Zamara, Traim, Fateweaver Caelumia, Peacemaker Heartsfyre, Arcane Doombringer Tropicalo who is surrounded by a shimmering shield. Obvious paths: north.

You say, "A few more people would be good but I would be discreet about it. There are plenty who will try to stop this as well if they catch word."

Szrael says, "Empaths, do not heart link Xerasyth."

Szrael says, "He can use it to harm, or even kill you."

Temple Inquisitress Sinstra just arrived.

Sinstra says, "I have holy water prepared in the manner that was suggested."

You ask, "Are we about ready, then?"

Sinstra says, "Now, everyone. If we lose this fight, all that we lose is our lives. If we win, we rid the world of one of the greatest evils that threatens our world."

Mazrian dryly asks, "We're all following Sebastienne?"

Caelumia says, "Yes."

Szrael rubs her head.

Zamara says, "It is her plan."

Traim says, "It's her plan it sounds like."

Mazrian says, "And this seems like a good idea."

You ask, "I am the only one who knows where to go. Hurts a little, does it not?"

Sinstra says, "Do not bring your grievances with each other here."

Caelumia says, "Treat it like the cemetery, guys. Grudges at the gate."

You say, "I am tired of being called...of BEING a villain. So swallow your dislike of me for a few roisaen and let me prove to you that I have turned things around."

Traim asks, "And...anyone want to brief us on the plan?"

You say, "We are moving in one roisaen."

You say, "I will explain the plan when we are closer to our destination."

Sinstra says to Juravial, "Remove yourself, sorcerer, or I will do it for you."

You disband Juravial.




>We head up towards Dirge...

[Lava Fields, Narrow Trace] Close by, a primitive pathway has been scratched out of the hard rock and basalt to the east, where it wanders into grey shadows of dust and floating ash. A narrow road lies between high boulders in the other direction. Faint marks etched into the coarse dark stone point towards the path and away from the caravan road. You also see a giant hairless polar bear and a sly-looking sleek white lynx. Also here: Mazrian who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Advisor Juravial who is in a globe of blue fire, Fateweaver Caelumia who is in a globe of blue fire, Sendithu who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Ysselt who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Dafo Zamara who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Peacemaker Heartsfyre who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Blademaster Cerval who is emanating a malevolent holy aura, Occultist Vien who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Inquisitorial Truthsayer Szrael who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Visionist Wimgel who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Arcane Doombringer Tropicalo who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Temple Inquisitress Sinstra who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Traim who is in a geometric azure cage, Court Assistant Celitha, Warrior Vashir, Undertaker Eylise who is shrouded in ghostly flames. Obvious paths: east.

You whisper to Caelumia, Sendithu, Ysselt, Zamara, Heartsfyre, Cerval, Vien, Szrael, Wimgel, Tropicalo, Sinstra, Traim, Celitha, Vashir, Alagash, and Eylise, "alright. Listen carefully."

You whisper to Caelumia, Sendithu, Ysselt, Zamara, Heartsfyre, Cerval, Vien, Szrael, Wimgel, Tropicalo, Sinstra, Traim, Celitha, Vashir, Alagash, and Eylise, "I will keep this short. Sinstra will splash Xerasyth with a specially treated holy water. This should make him easier to bring down. It is still not going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination."

You whisper to Caelumia, Sendithu, Ysselt, Zamara, Heartsfyre, Cerval, Vien, Szrael, Wimgel, Tropicalo, Sinstra, Traim, Celitha, Vashir, and Eylise, "You all have one advantage going in though...he is likely to be extremely angry at me, being a former ally. So I am probably going to die first. Make that count."

You say, "Moving in 5."

[Dirge, Merchant's Row East] The road ends here with a small store and the entrance to the town livery stables. The outer wall curves in to meet the flank of the mountain but some of it has collapsed into a huge pile of unstable-looking rubble. You also see a small home. Obvious paths: west. Mazrian, Eylise, Vashir, Celitha, Traim, Sinstra, Tropicalo, Wimgel, Szrael, Vien, Cerval, Heartsfyre, Zamara, Ysselt, Sendithu and Caelumia followed.

You point at a small home.

Sinstra asks, "He is here?"

Sinstra asks, "You are sure?"

Sinstra raises an eyebrow.

You say, "Inside that home."

Tropicalo says, "Les go."

Caelumia says, "Adrenaline. Go while it's good."

Mazrian says, "It looks unremarkable."

You say, "I suppose I can pick the lock if you all keep quiet a moment."

Sinstra says, "Do it, then."

Heartsfyre covers her mouth with her hand.

You get a master's iron lockpick from inside your nightsilk longcoat.

You set about picking the small home, but it quickly becomes apparent you are not making any progress. Roundtime: 5 sec.

Sebastienne begins to pick the lock on the home... You hear a soft click from the home.

[A Dimly-lit Home] The flickering of candlelight flame is insufficient to light this moderately sized room, leaving shadows obscuring the papers strewn out over an oaken-hewn desk. Comfort seems an afterthought, with only two plain chairs a nod to the need for relaxation. Shelves affixed to the walls hold small ivory trophies and knickknacks, all carefully arranged. You also see a plain wooden door. Also here: Alchemist Xerasyth. Obvious exits: none. Eylise, Vashir, Celitha, Traim, Sinstra, Tropicalo, Wimgel, Szrael, Vien, Cerval, Heartsfyre, Zamara, Ysselt, Sendithu and Caelumia followed.

Tropicalo begins to advance on Xerasyth.

Tropicalo closes to melee range on Xerasyth.

Traim appears to be aiming at Xerasyth with his forester's crossbow.

Xerasyth blinks.

Caelumia's fingers waggle in small, simple movements as she prepares a spell.

Zamara begins to advance on Xerasyth.

Eyes unfocused, Traim raises one hand before him in a studied gesture.

Cerval gestures at Xerasyth. Tiny red and purple shafts appear within the black mist surrounding Xerasyth and writhe in frenzy.

Caelumia says, "Oh hi."

Eylise points a crooked finger at Xerasyth and garbles an unintelligible curse. Tiny red and purple shafts appear within the black mist surrounding Xerasyth and writhe in frenzy. A disturbing black radiance creeps over Xerasyth's hazy barrier. A disturbing black radiance creeps over Xerasyth's rotting scales. A disturbing black radiance creeps over Xerasyth's ironwood staff.

Szrael closes a plain wooden door.

Zamara closes to melee range on Xerasyth.

Vashir gets a throwing hammer topped with a blackened steel skull from inside his supply sack. The throwing hammer hits a wall and falls to the floor!

Celitha's eyes go distant as she quickly forms intricate patterns in the air.

You say to Xerasyth, "Sorry dear."

Caelumia gestures at Xerasyth. A crackling stream of energy flies at Xerasyth. Xerasyth manages to get out of the way of the stream!

The steel-tipped pulzone hits a wall and falls to the floor!

The pained wailing of incorporeal voices accompanies Cerval's spell preparations!

Vashir picks up a throwing hammer topped with a blackened steel skull.

Vashir puts his hammer in his supply sack.

Sinstra says, "Xerasyth. Your time has come."

Tropicalo gestures at Xerasyth. A large stone boulder rips itself free of the earth, shatters into small shards and hurtles toward Xerasyth! The shards are partially blocked as they glance off his shield. The shards impact causing a light hit to Xerasyth's abdomen.

Caelumia's fingers waggle in small, simple movements as she prepares a spell.

Wimgel begins to advance on Xerasyth.

Alagash bounds from his hiding place and stands looking about blankly.

With a few arcane words, Vien's eyes darken unnaturally to a shade as black as a starless night!

Eylise bows her head and chants a prayer.

Traim gestures at Xerasyth. A crackling stream of energy flies at Xerasyth. Tiny red and purple shafts appear within the black mist surrounding Xerasyth and writhe in frenzy. Xerasyth intercepts the stream with his shield!

Vashir slings a polished mahogany double-stringed crossbow with a gleaming animite boltplate off from over his shoulder.

Wimgel closes to melee range on Xerasyth.

Cerval seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Celitha seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Eyes unfocused, Traim raises one hand before him in a studied gesture.

Xerasyth makes a sweeping gesture with one arm, bringing it up from the sky down towards the ground. Tiny red and purple shafts appear within the black mist surrounding Xerasyth and writhe in frenzy. With a slurping sound, a massive torrent of viscous red and green goo rains from above! The viscous solution drenches you thoroughly, quickly solidifying and forcing you to struggle to get to a point where you can move more properly again. Roundtime: 25 sec.

A look of cold menace crosses Szrael's features, and her hands fall to her sides, her tail lashing at the ground with a sharp, angry slap!

Xerasyth swipes his fingertips across his hand. Tiny red and purple shafts appear within the black mist surrounding Xerasyth and writhe in frenzy. Blood suddenly forms up upon Xerasyth's fingers. The blood on Xerasyth's hand seems to burble and shift before he flicks his wrist to send the incarnadine droplets hurtling towards you! Your ethereal shield crackles with energy! A white glow flares around you. Incarnadine droplets slam into your face with terrible ferocity, each igniting in an immense explosion of raging, deep crimson flames. You have the briefest sense of them combusting your skin and bone with merciless efficiency before your ability to sense anything abruptly ceases. Your locust crossbow falls to the ground. The field of silver-blue light dissipates from around you. The sense of calm focus leaves you, and your joints feel strangely more stiff than before. The soft white glow fades from around you. The shimmering ethereal shield fades from around you. Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world. A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation. Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 115 minutes. You don't feel particularly confident after this.

Tropicalo gestures at Xerasyth. A large stone boulder rips itself free of the earth, shatters into small shards and hurtles toward Xerasyth! The shards are partially blocked as they glance off his shield. The shards impact causing a good hit to Xerasyth's abdomen.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

Tropicalo lands a good hit that scratches the right hamstring in a light blow barely worth mentioning.

Celitha seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Eylise gestures at Xerasyth. Small motes of light flicker for a moment around Eylise, then fade.

Vashir appears to be aiming at Xerasyth with his double-stringed crossbow.

Caelumia gestures at Xerasyth. A crackling stream of energy flies at Xerasyth. Xerasyth manages to get out of the way of the stream!

Szrael just left your group.

Ysselt begins to advance on Xerasyth.

Vien gestures at Xerasyth.

Sinstra steps up to Xerasyth with a cold look on her face, her eyes narrowing. Splashing handfuls of holy water on him at a time, Xerasyth is soon drenched thoroughly. Nothing seems to happen at first, then Xerasyth makes a strange hissing noise as wisps of steam rises from his scales and the smell of burning flesh fills the air.

Caelumia begins to advance on Xerasyth.

Cerval gestures at Xerasyth. A mass of deep ebon ether erupts from thin air, coalescing into the spectral form of a shadowy black unicorn which gallops rapidly toward Xerasyth. Xerasyth moves aside as the rampaging black unicorn charges past him!

Szrael steps towards Xerasyth to join him but Xerasyth steps away.

Tropicalo gestures at Xerasyth. A large stone boulder rips itself free of the earth, shatters into small shards and hurtles toward Xerasyth! The shards are partially blocked as they glance off his shield. The shards impact causing a very heavy hit to Xerasyth's abdomen.

* Xerasyth is slain before your eyes!




>Yay victory go Inquisition rah-rah-rah. Between being dead (the majority of the people ran off and left me lying face down in X's house) and still having a severe head wound when I finally did get rezzed, I missed the vast majority of the post-capture talk. Finally though I get healed and head back and stand around.

>Plague Wraiths begin to hit the Crossing, then Totenus and some buddies begin hitting the Crossing as well. But I missed all of that so someone else will have to fill in.

>Khurek starts Inquisitogging Xerasyth when something very bad happens.

>[23:35] * Khurek was just struck down! >[23:35] * Xerasyth was just struck down!

>Oh no what could have happened :(

>There's a gap in my log here, but there wasn't a whole lot to see anyway. Mostly us standing around speculating about what was going on down below. It turns out Xerasyth damaged the shard that the Inquisition uses to walk the people who visit the Red Buzzard Dungeon. He also escaped and I guess he killed Khurek on the way out.

>Things quiet down for a little. Tote and company back off, people clean up the wraiths. Sinstra comes and talks for a bit but she can't tell us much and she seems very reluctant to go back down into the dungeon and face an angry, angry Khurek.

>And then something horrible happens!

>[00:13] * Ignifera was just struck down!

>The foul Totenus has slain my wife! I spin a quick lie to Sinstra and Szrael, telling them that he's demanding that the three of us come face him or he'll do something awful to Ignifera. Of course they like me a little more since I gave them Xerasyth and readily agree so long as we attack him instead of trying to talk. Okay ladies! Off we go...

[Temple Hill, Hero's March] The stately manors constructed high on Temple Hill enjoy a broad view of the Mycthengelde Flatlands and the roofs of the Crossing. Rows of colorful flowers and shrubs encircle each manor and give them a distinctive look. A narrow stone path leads south towards Finch Cottage Path. You also see a white sandstone villa, a grassy path leading uphill, a tall red brick manor and an elegant fieldstone chateau. Also here: Inquisitorial Truthsayer Szrael, Temple Inquisitress Sinstra who is emanating a malevolent holy aura. Obvious paths: southeast, southwest.

You ask, "Alright. It is the chateau. Our home...I guess he forced her there. I will open the door. Ready?"

You sling a black locust crossbow inlaid with mother-of-pearl off from over your shoulder.

Sinstra whispers to your group, "Kill him as soon as we enter."

You nod.

You say, "Alright."

Sinstra makes a holy gesture and intones reverently, "Aldauth, hear my plea!" The malevolent, dark aura of divinity slowly wanes from about Sinstra. She suddenly exudes a malevolent, dark aura of divinity.

Szrael nods.

You unlock the door to an elegant fieldstone chateau.

You open the door to an elegant fieldstone chateau.

You walk through the door of the chateau. [Ignifera's Home] Walls of polished ironwood and a polished riverstone floor covered by a deep-fringed jewel tone carpet enclose this room. In one corner lies a red curtained ironwood bed, and near the bed sits a sturdy oak table with a mug and a heavily marked-up parchment map of the five provinces on it. A gorgeous riverstone fireplace burns along the far wall with an oblong mirror surrounded by leaping flames of crimson glass accentuated by slivers of gold hanging above it. The room holds a very faint scent of moonflowers. You also see an arched ebony door, an elaborate polished bronze throne, a regal bronze Human statue and an insubstantial banshee. Also here: the body of Screecher Ignifera who is lying on the floor. Obvious exits: none

Sinstra walks in the door.

Szrael walks in the door.

You say, "Iggy."

You close the door.

You lock the door.

Szrael closes her eyes for a moment and grows still.

You frown.

You notice movement out of the corner of your eye. Dametri appears from hiding suddenly, flinging a handful of dirt straight at Sinstra's face! Sinstra seems taken by surprise by the cloud of expanding dust! Swirling brown dust envelops Sinstra's face. As it dissipates, she seems disoriented. Dametri seems to have vanished after the sudden attack!

Szrael says, "Two."

Sinstra seems particularly irritated, blinking her eyes occasionally as if to clear them somehow.

You search around for a moment. Roundtime: 2 sec. You notice Totenus, who is quite obviously attempting to remain hidden. You notice Dametri, who is quite obviously attempting to remain hidden.

You hear the ghostly voice of Ignifera exclaim, "Seb!"

You notice Dametri as he stealthily closes to melee range on Sinstra. Dametri leaps out of hiding to strike at Sinstra's neck, but she doesn't seem surprised. Sinstra is clouted solidly across the neck in a single precise stroke! Sinstra collapses in a heap.

You notice Dametri slip into a hiding place.

Szrael searches around for a moment.

You notice Totenus direct an insidiuous assault at Szrael from hiding. Szrael raises her shield suddenly to fend off something you cannot see.

Dametri appears to be aiming at Szrael with his oak and horn crossbow.

Szrael gets some bright green powder from inside her leather haversack.

You whisper to Dametri, "tie sinstra"

Szrael tosses her bright green powder into the air, creating a misty, bright green cloud of dust! The bright green powder reveals Totenus's hidden location. The bright green powder reveals Dametri's hidden location.

Szrael gestures at Totenus. Totenus gasps and gives Szrael a startled look.

>Szrael is an absolute beast, I love her <3

Szrael's eyes go distant as she quickly forms intricate patterns in the air. Szrael seems to be concentrating intently on something.

You notice Dametri's attempt to remain hidden while firing his oak and horn crossbow. Driving in like an unbeatable force, Dametri snipes a steel-tipped pulzone at Szrael. Szrael attempts to evade, taking the full blow. The pulzone lands an extremely heavy hit that rips her right leg off at the knee with a dead-center blow to the kneecap, lightly stunning her! That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to! The steel-tipped pulzone falls to the ground!

You notice Dametri loading his oak and horn crossbow while remaining hidden.

You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved. Roundtime: 2 sec.

Sinstra seems particularly irritated, blinking her eyes occasionally as if to clear them somehow.

Szrael rattles the handle of the door.

Szrael rattles the handle of the door.

You turn to face Szrael. You begin to target Szrael.

Szrael rattles the handle of the door.

You hear the ghostly voice of Ignifera exclaim, "I don't know how they got in! They must have followed me!"

Szrael unlocks the door.

Szrael opens the door.

You remain concealed by your surroundings, convinced that your moving to fire went unobserved. < Moving with powerful grace, you snipe an ironwood quadrello at Szrael. Szrael attempts to dodge, taking the full blow. The quadrello lands an extremely heavy hit that cleaves the right arm from the shoulder, severely stunning her.That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to! The ironwood quadrello falls to the ground! [You're winded, solidly balanced and in dominating position.] [Roundtime 1 sec.]

Dametri appears to be aiming at Szrael with his oak and horn crossbow. You notice Dametri's attempt to remain hidden while firing his oak and horn crossbow. Driving in like an adept combatant, Dametri snipes an ironwood quadrello at Szrael. Szrael partially blocks with a shalswar-hide buckler. The quadrello lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that rips away the right eye and half the nose! The ironwood quadrello lodges itself savagely into Szrael!

* Szrael is slain before your eyes!

The translucent sphere around Szrael suddenly pops like a soap bubble.

Sinstra seems particularly irritated, blinking her eyes occasionally as if to clear them somehow.

Dametri comes out of hiding.

You come out of hiding.

Dametri gets a braided bundling rope from inside his oilcloth rucksack.

The door is open. You'll need to shut it first.

Sinstra begins to stir.

You notice Dametri slip into a hiding place.

You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved. Roundtime: 2 sec.

Sinstra stands up.

Dametri comes out of hiding.

You notice Dametri slip into a hiding place.

You begin to stealthily advance on Sinstra.

You close to melee range on Sinstra.

Quietly, you raise your left hand up to your side, and in a single, fluid movement chop straight at Sinstra's neck! Sinstra is completely surprised by your stealthy maneuver! Sinstra is unable to avoid your hand, and you clout her neck with a single precise stroke! Sinstra collapses in a heap. Roundtime: 3 sec.

Dametri comes out of hiding.

Totenus reveals himself. Totenus gestures at Sinstra. Sinstra's ethereal shield crackles with energy! Sinstra suddenly freezes in place!

Sinstra seems particularly irritated, blinking her eyes occasionally as if to clear them somehow.

You exclaim, "Tie her up!"

You exclaim, "Now!"

Dametri comes out of hiding. Dametri slings a laminated oak and horn crossbow with a blued steel cranequin over his shoulder.

Totenus gets a braided bundling rope from inside his traveler's backpack.

(Dametri quickly ties Sinstra with the rope)

Sinstra seems to no longer be irritated by the dirt.

Sinstra seems particularly irritated, blinking her eyes occasionally as if to clear them somehow.

Dametri moves a braided bundling rope to his right hand.

(Totenus works to quickly secure the rope.)

Sinstra no longer seems petrified.

Sinstra begins to stir.

You sling a black locust crossbow inlaid with mother-of-pearl over your shoulder.

Totenus asks, "Now what?"

You say, "You can stay and watch if you like."

You say, "Or you can go. But go quickly if you are."

Totenus says, "I think I would."

You nod.

You say, "Alright then."

Sinstra slowly says, "So it was all a lie, then."

Totenus says, "I'm afraid so."

You ask Sinstra, "I spoke of motivation a few moments ago. Did you ever stop to think about why I would work with Xerasyth in the first place?"

Sinstra says, "Everything was a lie."

Totenus closes the door.

You lock the door.

Sinstra says, "Necromancers, all of you."

Totenus says, "Only some of us."

Totenus chuckles.

Sinstra says, "You will not get away with this, you know."

You say to Sinstra, "I am motivated by love. Nothing more or less."

You say to Ignifera, "Go right ahead."

Ignifera's corpse begins to shake violently, sprouting new mass to replace its lost organs. The convulsions reach a fevered pitch and then abruptly stop when Ignifera's eyes snap open! She lies in a fetal position, wracked with pain and gasping for air, but clearly alive.

You ask Sinstra, "Is she not a beautiful young necromancer?"

Sinstra says, "She is corrupted. Ruined."

With a flick of your wrist you stealthily unsheathe a grooved steel dagger into your right hand.

Ignifera says, "I'm reborn, enlightened."

You kneel down upon the ground before Sinstra.

(Sebastienne plays the tip of her blade across Sinstra's cheek.)

Sinstra says, "You are dead to the gods and to the world."

Sinstra says, "And you, branded, will share her fate."

Ignifera rests her hand on your arm with a soft smile.

Ignifera says, "She will indeed."

Sinstra says, "You will burn together."

The door's handle suddenly rattles!

The door's handle suddenly rattles!

You say, "I hear people outside by the way, escape is going to be great fun."

Sinstra says, "That mob's going to kill you all."

(Sebastienne rolls her eyes and leans over Sinstra's body. She pinches her nose shut and works the blade into her mouth, not caring much for damage done along the way as she quickly cuts out her tongue.)

You say, "Mouthy little insect."

Dametri picks up a burning fat cigar.

(Sebastienne makes a few superficial cuts on Sinstra's face.)

Ignifera says, "Death is temporary."

Sinstra attempts to speak further but can't.

The door's handle suddenly rattles!

Totenus says, "It wouldn't be the first time they've tried tonight."

You say, "I hate you so much. And I have wanted to do this for so long."

Sinstra scowls.

(Sebastienne makes further cuts along the neck and arms, slicing a little deeper.)

Sinstra doesn't wince at all, glaring defiantly.

Sinstra squirms.

Totenus peeks through a peephole in the door.

The door's handle suddenly rattles!

Sinstra continues glaring defiantly, unable to say anything.

A dull thud comes from the door.

(Sebastienne places the tip of the blade against Sinstra's chest and stares down at her, her face a mask of rage.)

Sinstra's eyes widen just a bit, then narrow again.

Ignifera rests her hand on your arm with a soft smile.

Ignifera says, "Finality, dear one."

Dametri walks over to the table and leans against it.

The door's handle suddenly rattles!

(Sebastienne leans forward, throwing her weight behind the initial deep thrust. She pulls the blade back and stabs again...and again...and again...quickly slipping into a psychotic frenzy as she burrows through clothing, flesh and bone in search of Sinstra's heart.)

  • Sinstra is slain before your eyes!

Dametri allows a line of smoke to rise from his mouth. Your nostrils detect a spicy aroma akin to cinnamon, but with a musty undercurrent.

A dull thud comes from the door.

A dull thud comes from the door.

Totenus gazes at Sinstra.

Ignifera smiles widely.

Totenus says, "I hope it was as satisfying as you had hoped."

Ignifera says to Sinstra, "And now my dear one will be whole again."

(Sebastienne manages to maintain control of herself enough to extract the heart, though the damage done to the body is monstrous and her rage seems to linger.)

Ignifera says, "You monsters. You always think you know best, violating the essence of a being."

Dametri takes a long drag off of a burning fat cigar.

Totenus says, "Or utterly destroying it..."

The door's handle suddenly rattles!

Ignifera nods to Totenus.

Totenus says, "And WE are the evil ones."

You stand back up.

Totenus says, "But perhaps that time has come to an end."

Ignifera says to Sinstra, "There is no redemption. There is only transcendence."

The door's handle suddenly rattles!

(Sebastienne raises the heart to eye level, staring at it with almost religious reverence. She appears to be steeling her nerve for something and then, with the quickness of a viper, she brings the heart to her lips and bites into it deeply.)

Ignifera exclaims, "And we will build our pathway upon your wasted flesh!"

Ignifera kisses you, letting her lips linger.

You kiss Ignifera, letting your lips linger.

(Totenus briefly wears a look of disgust but quickly composes himself.)

Dametri coughs.

(Sebastienne devours the heart with considerable suppressing of the gag reflex. By the time she's finished she seems to have regained some composure.)

Ignifera gets a heavily marked-up parchment map of the five provinces from its place on a sturdy oak table.

Ignifera puts her map in her backpack.

A dull thud comes from the door.

Ignifera gets a mug from its place on a sturdy oak table.

Ignifera puts her mug in her backpack.

Ignifera says to you, "In case of fire."

With a flick of your wrist you stealthily sheathe the steel dagger in your wrist sheath.

You hear the ghostly voice of Sinstra say, "You are forgetting something, necromancers."

Dametri peeks through a peephole in the door.

You get a rough white bath towel with a thin woven edge from inside your nightsilk longcoat.

You hear the ghostly voice of Sinstra say, "We have the gods on our side. You do not."

(Sebastienne cleans her hands with the towel, but seems oblivious to the blood staining her teeth, lips, and chin.)

Totenus says, "We do not need them."

You put your towel in your nightsilk longcoat.

Ignifera says, "Your gods eat your essence to sustain themselves, and your prostrate yourselves before them for the honor of being their meals."

You peek through a peephole in the door, and see: [Temple Hill, Hero's March] The stately manors constructed high on Temple Hill enjoy a broad view of the Mycthengelde Flatlands and the roofs of the Crossing. Rows of colorful flowers and shrubs encircle each manor and give them a distinctive look. A narrow stone path leads south towards Finch Cottage Path. You also see a lesser plague wraith, a vile plague wraith, a vile plague wraith, a vile plague wraith, a cracked oaken strongbox, a medium silver bar, a pale blue moonbeam, a shattered heap of bones which appears dead, a titanic bone monstrosity, a pyroclastic ash cloud, a stitched cadaverous hulk that is lying down, a tiny gold bar, a tiny platinum bar, a snaer hafwa, a white sandstone villa, a grassy path leading uphill, a tall red brick manor and an elegant fieldstone chateau. Also here: Scavenger Tygor, Asperity, Court Assistant Celitha, Sister Jaelia who is lying down, a stunned Master Healer Challeirra who is lying down, Entropist Xelten who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Legendary Ranger Alagash who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Sendithu, Traim who is in a fiery crimson cage, Fateweaver Caelumia, Arcane Doombringer Tropicalo who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Mesmerist Vahlissa, Peacemaker Heartsfyre who is lying down, Inquisitorial Truthsayer Szrael who is lying down. Obvious paths: southeast, southwest.

You say, "There are a lot of undead outside. I guess Xerasyth sent us a congratulatory ensemble."

Ignifera says, "How thoughtful."

You say, "We need to get out of here."

Dametri asks, "So, what's the escape plan?"

You say, "My ship is docked up near Riverhaven. I was really expecting to do this near Dirge..."

Ignifera nods to you.

Ignifera says, "We'd not really intended to do it here. I like my house."

You say, "We can all turn invisible. I suppose we just have to be quick."

Ignifera says, "What a pity."

You say, "We need to go now while we can."

You say, "I will open the door when everyone is ready."

Totenus says, "Give me a moment."

You hear the voice of Dametri say, "Ready."

Ignifera raises her arms skyward, chanting.

Totenus closes his eyes and breathes deeply.

You say, "Ignifera, they are going to get in here, we will not have time to lock the door."

You hear the voice of Ignifera say, "I took the map. The rest can burn."

You peek through a peephole in the door, and see: [Temple Hill, Hero's March] The stately manors constructed high on Temple Hill enjoy a broad view of the Mycthengelde Flatlands and the roofs of the Crossing. Rows of colorful flowers and shrubs encircle each manor and give them a distinctive look. A narrow stone path leads south towards Finch Cottage Path. You also see a vile plague wraith, a pile of smoldering bones which appears dead, a vile plague wraith, a tiny clear diamond, a vile plague wraith, a vile plague wraith, a vile plague wraith, a tiny gold nugget, a tiny crimson topaz, a tiny platinum bar, a small auburn quartz, a pyroclastic ash cloud, a tiny faceted russet sapphire, a chipped marble mortar, a massive steel shield, a medium silver nugget, a tiny platinum nugget, a cracked oaken strongbox, a medium silver bar, a pale blue moonbeam, a tiny gold bar, a tiny platinum bar, a snaer hafwa, a white sandstone villa, a grassy path leading uphill, a tall red brick manor and an elegant fieldstone chateau. Also here: Subai, Scavenger Tygor, Gallant Marsais, Asperity, Traim who is in a fiery crimson cage, Arcane Doombringer Tropicalo who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Mesmerist Vahlissa. Obvious paths: southeast, southwest.

You hear the voice of Dametri ask, "So we meet at your boat?"

From out of thin air you say, "Yes. It is at the ferry dock on this side of the Faldesu."

Totenus says, "I will find my own way."

You hear the voice of Totenus say, "Ready."

You peek through a peephole in the door, and see: [Temple Hill, Hero's March] The stately manors constructed high on Temple Hill enjoy a broad view of the Mycthengelde Flatlands and the roofs of the Crossing. Rows of colorful flowers and shrubs encircle each manor and give them a distinctive look. A narrow stone path leads south towards Finch Cottage Path. You also see a vile plague wraith, a vile plague wraith, a snaer hafwa, a snaer hafwa, a pile of smoldering bones which appears dead, a vile plague wraith, a medium blue aquamarine, a pile of smoldering bones which appears dead, a vile plague wraith, a sluggish Shadow Servant, a vile plague wraith, a tiny platinum bar, a vile plague wraith, a vile plague wraith, a vile plague wraith that appears blinded by a veil of shadows, a tiny gold nugget, a tiny platinum bar, a pyroclastic ash cloud, a tiny faceted russet sapphire, a tiny platinum nugget, a medium silver bar, a pale blue moonbeam, a tiny gold bar, a tiny platinum bar, a snaer hafwa, a white sandstone villa, a grassy path leading uphill, a tall red brick manor and an elegant fieldstone chateau. Also here: Peacemaker Heartsfyre who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Advisor Juravial who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Gallant Marsais, Arcane Doombringer Tropicalo who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Mesmerist Vahlissa. Obvious paths: southeast, southwest.

From out of thin air you say, "Going in 3...2..."

You unlock the door.

You open the door.




>We make our escapes. We're all wanted for Forbidden Practices in the Crossing, of course. And I got a little something extra:

Perhaps it's the side effects of actually tearing out and eating a cleric's heart, but you suddenly feel sick and a little weak. Darkness seems to seep into you like an oozing bog, covering you entirely.

>Dametri and Ignifera saw:

An oozing darkness seems to creep over Sebastienne, foul and tainted.

>Ignifera got this from Xerasyth:

A weak, rasping hiss echoes in your ear, "Congratulations on your dramatic unveiling. I'll speak to you more once I've recovered from the Inquisitor."

>And as we were nearing Ratha we all saw this:

An unnaturally near crack of thunder sounds from the skies above.

A large wave suddenly crashes sideways into the ship! Dametri's head is dripping with water. Pools of it are forming all around him. Ignifera's head is dripping with water. Pools of it are forming all around her. Your head is dripping with water. Pools of it are forming all around you.

Without warning, a great wind surges through the area. Ignifera is suddenly blown out of the area. A great gust of wind knocks you off your feet. Suddenly Dametri comes falling into the area followed by the howling of a loud wind!

>Given my title (Perfect Storm) and the fact that none of us got hurt, we chose to believe the storm was actually a good omen.

>We also all have social outrage. Probably a lot of it.

>Thanks to all involved in this. Greatly looking forward to follow up RP with people.

This message was originally posted in Events and Happenings in DragonRealms' Elanthia (13) \ Zoluren Events (14), by AMBERRONE on the play.net forums.