Post:Tiv returns to us.... - 02/18/2014 - 17:55

From elanthipedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Tiv returns to us.... · on 02/18/2014 05:55 PM CST 806
Zynara was at the bin in Langenfirth contemplating recent happenings and the like, when a long lost presence was felt after a very long and unexplained absence.

You gesture. You can just make out the details of Tiv's location but don't recognize anyone else there: [Lava Path, The Stone Stairway] A large stone staircase winds its way down the front of the volcano, carved into the face of the rock. A glimmering crystal formation to the west seems to catch the scarce light, glowing with a scintillating aura. Obvious paths: east.

Immediately she made made her way to the general location. Following is what happened afterwards:


[Lava Flow, Esouvar's Rest] The signs of ancient battle mark the area. A tall statue, at least thirty feet in height, towers far above the parched landscape. Eyes of faceted blue crystal sparkle brightly from the ash-streaked marble face. Also here: Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: east, northwest.

Guildleader Tiv goes east.

You stroll east.

[Lava Flow, Way of Swords] Ashes and dust coat the stone wall, covering the rock with a granulated layer of grey that abates only near an inset bronze plaque. A sparkling crystal hand is attached over the polished metal, also clear of the choking dust. You also see a polished black stone bench. Also here: Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: east, west.

You curtsy to Tiv.

Guildleader Tiv goes east.

You stroll east.

[Lava Flow, Wall of Swords] The volcano of the Lesser Fist looms over the barricade. It ominously shadows all below it. A glimpse of something reflective glints from near the maw of the fortress. Also here: Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: south, west.

You exclaim, "Guildleader!"

You blink at Tiv.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

Tiv glances at you.

You ask, "You have returned to us?"

You blink at Tiv.

Guildleader Tiv goes south.

You stroll south.

[Lava Flow, Wall of Swords] Wooden panels in the fence are carved into the jagged images of swords and weapons from lands far and near. The barbed metal partitions holding them together make touching the wall a most unpleasant thought. Also here: Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: north, southeast.

Guildleader Tiv goes southeast.

You stroll southeast.

[Lava Flow, Wall of Swords] A tall barrier lines each side of the road, bladed edges topping the polished wooden beams that compose the wall. You also see a dust-covered archway in the wall. Also here: Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: east, northwest.

You ask, "May I assist you in some way?"

You say, "We have been so worried."

Tiv blinks.

You see Guildleader Tiv Guildermann, a Human Moon Mage. Tiv has frosty white eyes. He is bald, with pale skin and an emaciated build. He appears to be archaic. He has a scruffy growth of stubble on his face. He is in good shape.

He is wearing a cut-crystal hand wrapped around a cracked amber jewel and a tattered white linen robe that hangs loosely about his frame.

Tiv scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

You ponder the meaning of Tiv's existence.

Guildleader Tiv stumbles east. You sigh.

You stroll east.

[Lava Flow, Path of Jade] Prickly, spine-covered bushes grow close to the ground. Ripe red fruit tauntingly dangles from behind long, sharp thorns. Also here: Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: southeast, west.

Guildleader Tiv stumbles west.

You stroll west.

[Lava Flow, Wall of Swords] A tall barrier lines each side of the road, bladed edges topping the polished wooden beams that compose the wall. You also see a dust-covered archway in the wall. Also here: Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: east, northwest.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.


Master Moon Mage Renucci just arrived.


Tiv studies the faces around him.


Renucci gazes at Tiv.

Guildleader Tiv stumbles east.

You stroll east.

[Lava Flow, Path of Jade] Prickly, spine-covered bushes grow close to the ground. Ripe red fruit tauntingly dangles from behind long, sharp thorns. Also here: Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: southeast, west.

You ask, "Sir.. please?"

You ask, "Do you not understand what I say?"

You peer quizzically at Tiv.

Tiv says, "...chelmor..."

Tiv shivers.

Guildleader Tiv stumbles southeast.

You stroll southeast.

[Lava Flow, Path of Jade] An elaborate golden stand is firmly bolted to the stone of the road. Remnants of a jade-green glass sphere lie in sharp slivers on the surrounding grass. Bits of coarse vegetation grow between the pieces of glass. Also here: Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: southeast, northwest.

Tiv scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

You say, "Okay.. what to do."

You fret.

You wring your hands nervously.

Tiv asks, "... chelmor?"

Guildleader Tiv stumbles southeast.

You stroll southeast.

[Lava Flow, Path of Jade] An ornate jade plant rests amidst a circle of pale white stones. Each leaf is delicately carved from the blushing green stone. Despite being covered in filth, it remains a beautiful work of art. Also here: Traim and Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: east, northwest.

Tiv studies the faces around him.

Traim says, "Master.."

Traim says, "You're alive."

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

You say to Traim, "Maybe you can make him understand you."

Traim gazes at Tiv.

Tiv yells, "Chelmor!"

You say, "He keeps saying chelmor."

Guildleader Tiv stumbles east.

Traim walks east.

You stroll east.

[Lava Flow, Path of Jade] Slender jade obelisks mottled with dust and ash stand guard over the narrow road. The way is clear, footprints from recent travel constantly being worn over one another in the soft earth below. Also here: Cyiarriah, Traim and Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: southeast, west.

Cyiarriah nods politely.

You ask, "He's cold?"

Traim asks, "Anything else?"

Master Moon Mage Renucci just arrived.

You get a bright blue velvet cloak embroidered with a rampant gryphon from inside your watersilk pack.

Your concentration slips for a moment, and your spell is lost.

You offer your velvet cloak to Tiv, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Renucci waves to Cyiarriah.

Cyiarriah waves to Renucci.

Tiv chants in a tenor voice:

"Avtai Avtoma Avtai"


You whisper to Traim, "I think he's speaking Gamgweth"

Guildleader Tiv stumbles southeast.

You stroll southeast.

[Lava Flow, Path of Jade] Flecks of shattered jade lie strewn amidst the rough gravel of the road. Images etched into the flat panels of rock that were once a busy street are now worn to nothingness, their patterns long forgotten. Also here: Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: south, northwest.

Traim just arrived.

Cyiarriah just arrived, leading her group.

You whisper to Traim, "Can you speak to him in the tongue?"

Tiv mutters something into the air about arthelun.

Traim asks something in Gamgweth.

Your offer to Tiv has expired.

Cyiarriah raises an eyebrow.

Tiv gazes at Traim.

Traim asks something in Gamgweth.

You put your cloak in your watersilk pack.

You get an elegant black journal embossed with silver stars from inside your watersilk pack.

Tiv blinks at Traim.

You gaze at your journal.

You ask, "What of the star?"

Tiv says, "Seord... arthelun."

Guildleader Tiv stumbles south.

Cyiarriah trudges south, leading her group.

You stroll south.

[Lava Flow, Path of Thorns] The masses of thorny growths thin to the north. Wrought iron sculptures where vines of roses once grew stand bare, metal corroding and long untended. The eerie shapes stand like hollow souls over the dead ash-covered earth below. Also here: Master Moon Mage Renucci, Cyiarriah and Guildleader Tiv who is lying down. Obvious paths: north, southeast.

Tiv rises to a kneeling position.

You gaze at your journal.

Tiv dusts himself off.

Tiv adjusts his linen robe into place.

Tiv stands up.

You say, "Oh my word."

Tiv studies the faces around him.

Traim just arrived.

Traim asks something in Gamgweth.

Tiv scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

You ask, "My dictionary is not fast enough to give me the answers.. something about a dark trail? and a star?"

Renucci gestures at Tiv. Renucci's cambrinth armband emits a loud snap.

Traim says something in Gamgweth.

Traim says, "He has said cold, star, dark, lava."

Traim says, "Perhaps more."

You ask, "The Wolf?"

Tiv shivers.

Traim says, "The Arbiter."

You raise an eyebrow in Tiv's direction.

Renucci removes a deeply hooded cloak of black silk lined in deep scarlet from his shoulders.

Your body is mostly dry now.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

Renucci offers Tiv a deeply hooded cloak of black silk lined in deep scarlet.

Traim says, "Certainly the first thing that comes to mind when I think of cold star and Tiv's recent run-ins."

Tiv yells, "Lyodin!"

Tiv cackles!

Traim frowns.

Traim asks, "Who is foolish, master?"

Cyiarriah looks with concern at Tiv.

You raise an eyebrow in Tiv's direction.

Renucci says, "Me."

Renucci taps a deeply hooded cloak of black silk lined in deep scarlet that he is holding.

You say to Renucci, "Then I join you in being foolish I guess.. I attempted the same."

You sigh.

Tiv says, "Avren gweld..."

Tiv exclaims, "Gweld... gweld. Gweld!"

Tiv gazes down at his hands.

You blink at Tiv.

Traim says, "Moon death..."

You ask, "Death?"

Traim asks, "Tiv, what do you see?"

You fret.

Tiv exclaims, "Chelmor. Avren chelmor!"

Traim says, "The cold moon."

You feel less aware of your environment.

Traim frowns.

Tiv spins around!

Renucci scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Traim says, "Moons go cold maybe..."

Traim searches around for a moment.

Tiv scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Sebrahn whispers, "He looks... strange."

The air shimmers for a moment as Sebrahn's spell ends and he becomes visible once more.

Renucci shudders.

You nod at Sebrahn, in complete agreement with his views.

Renucci says, "None are up right now."

Renucci drapes a deeply hooded cloak of black silk lined in deep scarlet around his shoulders.

Sebrahn whispers, "Does he seem alright?"

You say to Tiv, "You need sustenance..."

Traim asks, "Did the Arbiter do this to you, master?"

Renucci gets a flagon of loony moonie grog from inside his backpack.

Renucci says, "Might make him mor loony."

Renucci grins.

Renucci gestures. Renucci's cambrinth armband emits a loud snap.

Sebrahn removes a polished bronze armband inlaid with cambrinth horned owls from his upper arm.

Sebrahn puts his armband in his fetish pouch.

You say, "He's emaciated.. I can only imagine where he's been there wasn't a banquet."

Traim says, "Look at his eyes."

Tiv grabs Traim by the arms and stars at him unblinkingly before suddenly shoving him away again.

Sebrahn cocks his head.

Traim frowns.

Sebrahn asks, "Why do you speak as if he can't hear you?"

Traim says, "Tell us how we can help, Tiv. You even look like him."

Cyiarriah frowns.

Cyiarriah says, "He's like those miners."

You say to Sebrahn, "Because thus far he has not understood a word I've said."

Tiv ponders.

Renucci says, "Whos' to say he don't understand."

Tiv gazes towards the sky as if searching for something.

Sebrahn nods to Renucci.

You say, "True enough."

You nod politely.

Renucci says, "Maybe it's us whom are to be evolved."

Renucci gestures at Tiv.

Traim asks something in Gamgweth.

Cyiarriah rests her hand on Tiv's arm with a soft smile.

Renucci puts his grog in his backpack.

You say to Cyiarriah, "Is this how the miners looked? I did not see one."

Tiv points at Sebrahn.

Tiv says, "Avren."

Tiv points at Traim.

Tiv says, "Avren."

Tiv points at you.

Cyiarriah says, "It's how they were described."

Tiv says, "Avren."

Cyiarriah looks at you and shrugs.

Tiv points at Renucci.

Tiv says, "Avren."

Tiv points at Cyiarriah.

Cyiarriah says, "Talking... not making sense..."

Tiv says, "Gweld."

Cyiarriah ponders.

Tiv points at himself.

Tiv says, "Sanuso."

You blink.

Traim says, "We were moon. The non moon mage was death."

Traim says, "He is the diviner."

Cyiarriah frowns.

You frown.

Traim asks, "Arbiter...you are still there?"

Traim stands near Tiv.

Tiv says, "...ormo."

Renucci says, "All the moons went below the horizon not too long ago."

Traim says, "Disaster..."

You fret.

Renucci shudders.

Renucci says, "I don't want to hear about disaster."

Traim asks, "Is the disaster related to Pelag?"

Traim asks something in Gamgweth.

Tiv points at himself.

Tiv asks, "Avren?"

Tiv points at himself.

Tiv asks, "Gweld?"

Traim says something in Gamgweth.

>You perceive Lunar magic clinging to Tiv. >The following magic is on Tiv: > Clear Vision (which should last for a while) >Tiv has no spell prepared. >Roundtime: 3 sec.

Traim says something in Gamgweth.

Traim frowns.

Renucci says, "The Moons falter cause your death."

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

You say, "You still maintain lunar energy, and from what I can tell, ye'r not dead."

Renucci peers quizzically at Tiv.

Tiv ponders.

Cyiarriah says, "How did you survive..."

Tiv gazes off into the distance seemingly focused on nothing.

Cyiarriah says, "Where..."

Cyiarriah ponders.

You nod to Cyiarriah.

Cyiarriah rubs her head.

Renucci nods at Cyiarriah, obviously agreeing with her views.

Renucci pats Tiv on the back.

You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.

Tiv says, "Aldam."

You blink at Tiv.

Renucci raises an eyebrow.

Skaen just arrived.

You glance at an elegant black journal embossed with silver stars.

You nod graciously at Skaen, giving him a polite smile.

Renucci asks, "Aldam?"

Traim asks, "The Servant?"

Tiv chants in a tenor voice:

"Ormo Aldam"


Skaen smiles at you.

You whisper to Skaen, "I tried to find you but you were sleepin'"

Renucci gasps!

Traim says, "Disaster and the Servant."

Traim nods.

Yavash's influence rises as it moves further into conjunction with Katamba. You sense an overall increase in Lunar mana.

You nod to Traim.

Renucci says, "No He survived in the Servant."

Traim says, "Can you help, master? Can we help? We saw visions of the Arbiter helping you. Answering you."

Renucci gestures. With nothing more spectacular than a soft grunt of surprise, a sluggish Shadow Servant appears.

Renucci points his thumb at a sluggish Shadow Servant.

Renucci jumps back from a sluggish Shadow Servant!

You ask, "A disaster in fate?"

Renucci peers quizzically at Tiv.

Tiv cocks his head towards Traim in a rather birdlike fashion.

Renucci paces back and forth.

Tiv suddenly takes note of the Shadow Servant and flinches away.

Guildleader Tiv stumbles southeast.

Cyiarriah trudges southeast, leading her group.

Skaen glides southeast.

You stroll southeast.

Traim just arrived.

Skindancer Sebrahn just arrived.

A sluggish Shadow Servant trudges in, following its master.

Traim says, "Keep out the shadow creatures. The Arbiter would not like them."

Tiv glances at a sluggish Shadow Servant.

Guildleader Tiv stumbles east.

A sluggish Shadow Servant disappears.


Skaen glides east.

You can't go there.

Cyiarriah trudges east, leading her group.

Skindancer Sebrahn goes east.

You stroll east.

[Lava Flow, Path of Thorns] A heart-shaped wrought iron sculpture is overgrown, writhing vines coiled around it. The thick spike-like thorns appear to pierce the center, the sharp points gleaming with moisture. Also here: Skindancer Sebrahn, Master Moon Mage Renucci, Cyiarriah, Skaen and Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: east, west.

Traim just arrived.

Traim says, "Dismiss the shadow servant."

Renucci ponders.

You whisper to Traim, "aldam is fate, ormo is disaster?"

Traim says, "The Arbiter is a being of light. They share a plane, but probably not real friendly, or at least it doesn't seem like they like being around each other."

Traim nods to you.

You whisper to Traim, "not necessarily pelag?"

Tiv makes grasping motions towards the air, though he seizes nothing. He then spends several moments apparently focused on his breathing. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out...

Traim rubs his head.

Skaen whispers, "I'm guessing he's possessed by the Arbiter?"

Tiv scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

You whisper to Skaen, "it could be"

Traim asks, "A disaster in fate, or with the moons, how do we help?"

Traim says, "We've seen a vision of an elf eager to answer."

You nod to Traim.

Tiv points at himself.

Tiv asks, "...Pelag ai Aldam?"

You blink at Tiv.

Tiv sobs.

Traim says, "No. Arbiter in Darkness."

Tiv blinks at Traim.

Sebrahn gazes up at the sky.

Traim says, "The vision we saw suggested he would help you oppose Pelag."

Renucci nods in agreement.

Traim says, "And you look like you've had quite an extended run-in with a creature of light, master. If he's not still there..."

You nod to Traim.

You say, "I wonder if an empath should be sought."

Traim asks something in Gamgweth.

Traim smiles at Tiv.

Traim inhales a great swallow of air.

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

You feel your insight into future events slip away.

Tiv looks thoughtfully at Traim.

You gesture. You focus your mind on sending a message to Mistanna, "come to where the monks used to have their guild.. Tiv has returned"

Tiv inhales a great swallow of air.

Traim nods to Tiv.

Traim inhales a great swallow of air.

You feel fully rested.

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

Tiv slowly empties his lungs.

Tiv studies the faces around him.

Traim says, "Just like old times."

Traim nods to Tiv.

Traim says, "Calm. Breaths."

You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.

Renucci grins at Tiv.

Traim casually observes the area.

Traim says, "You all, try? Give him something familiar."

Renucci says, "I can only imagine the pain."

Traim says, "Just deep breaths."

Tiv suddenly seizes Skaen by the head and locks eyes with him. Skaen crumples to the ground holding his head in pain as Tiv releases him and looks skyward. [see footnote -Ed]

Traim winces.

You blink at Skaen.

Skaen wobbles, looking a bit faint.

Tiv says to Skaen, "Pelag ai Aldam."

You whisper to Traim, "he might be familiar with a prism?"

Skaen inhales a great swallow of air.

Traim inhales a great swallow of air.

Skaen rises to a kneeling position.

Traim says, "Breaths, master."

You whisper to Traim, "it's not something I have"

Renucci takes a deep breath.

Skaen stands up.

Tiv inhales a great swallow of air.

Traim says, "Out."

Tiv slowly empties his lungs.

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

Skaen glances up at the sky.

Skaen scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Traim smiles slightly.

Traim inhales a great swallow of air.

Cyiarriah gets a translucent glass bottle of iced tea cooler from inside her silk bag.

Cyiarriah offers Tiv a translucent glass bottle of iced tea cooler.

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

Tiv inhales a great swallow of air.

Cyiarriah asks, "Perhaps a sip of something?"

Renucci gets a glass of iced strawberry lemonade from inside his backpack.

Renucci asks, "Lemonade?"

You put your journal in your watersilk pack.

Skaen says, "He's holding everything. everything."

You get a cup of steaming black coffee from inside your watersilk pack.

Skaen shivers.

Traim says, "Just meditate. I know it's not your way, but it's his. Just breath."

You tap a cup of steaming black coffee that you are holding.


Traim says, "Help him get his center."

Traim inhales a great swallow of air.

You take in a great breath of air.

Traim gazes at Tiv.

You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs.

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

Sebrahn asks Skaen, "Did he tell you this somehow?"

Skaen shakes his head.

You raise an eyebrow in Skaen's direction.

You whisper to Skaen, "when he touched you.. did you see or sense something?"

Traim stands near Tiv.

Traim fixes Tiv with a frank, even stare.

Renucci puts his lemonade in his backpack.

Traim inhales a great swallow of air.

Skaen says, "When he grasped me I saw everything that is, was and shall be."

Skaen shudders.

>Something on the ground seems to catch Tiv's attention and he kneels down and starts dragging his hands through the dirt. He lists up a handful of dirt and watches as it slowly sifts through his fingers and he continues to gaze at his hands for several more moments, entranced by his dirtied digits. Throughout this process he mumbles to himself, "Thia. Thia. Thia thia thia!"

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

You feel less aware of your environment.

You frown.

The last few clouds in the sky above slowly drift away.

Traim nods to Tiv.

Cyiarriah looks thoughtfully at Skaen.

Traim says, "Yes, earth, ground."

Skaen says, "It was too much."

Skaen shakes his head.

Traim says, "You're back, master. Take your time, calm."

Tiv pats himself down looking for something!

Tiv gives a cut-crystal hand wrapped around a cracked amber jewel a hug!

Skaen inhales a great swallow of air.

Traim nods to Tiv.

Renucci smiles at Tiv.

Traim asks, "Do any of you have a prism on you?"

Traim says, "He might find that familiar too."

Traim nods to you.

Renucci gets a sapphire prism suspended from a rainbow painted chain from inside his thigh pouch.

You say, "I do not have one."

Renucci offers Tiv a sapphire prism suspended from a rainbow painted chain.

Traim praises Renucci.

Tiv exclaims, "Din!"

Renucci says, "Near I could find as Xibar."

Traim says, "He says..no."

Tiv pushes away the prism before holding his head and staggering about a bit.

Traim says, "It must be the link to prediction, to the other Plane."

Renucci puts his prism in his telescope tube.

Renucci gets a simple mahogany telescope from inside his telescope tube.

Skaen's eyes darken with thought, and his tail grows very still.

Renucci shows Tiv his mahogany telescope.

Traim asks, "Master, do you want to see familiar faces? An old student? Kssarh?"

You say to Traim, "That is good thinking."

Tiv gazes at the telescope for a bit, though it's hard to tell if any recognition passes through his frosty eyes.

Traim asks, "You remember Kssarh? Bright happy fellow, penchant for lighting fires?"

Traim smiles at Tiv.

Renucci chuckles at Traim.

Your mind hears Soliciti thinking, "{faintly}" "so nobody wanted dyes?"

Tiv asks, "Aes?"

Tiv says, "Chelmor."

Traim asks, "You want a fire?"

Traim roots around the area for a moment. Renucci roots around the area for a moment.

Traim roots around the area for a moment.

Skaen roots around the area for a moment.

Traim roots around the area for a moment.

You offer your black coffee to Tiv, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Traim says, "Hrm."

Skaen glides east.

You say, "A little coffee to warm you."

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Tiv has accepted your offer and is now holding a cup of steaming black coffee.

Renucci puts his telescope in his telescope tube.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.


You nod politely to Tiv.

Tiv sniffs at the coffee.

You say, "It is just coffee.. no spirits.. although I have some of those if you'd like it."

Renucci says to Cyiarriah, "Coffee..."

Cyiarriah says, "Go figure... I thought it would be too strong."

Cyiarriah looks at Renucci and shrugs.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

You say, "He is cold."

Skaen just arrived.

You say, "It is steaming hot."

Renucci says, "Need Hot chocolate."

Cyiarriah nods to you.

Sebrahn narrows his eyes.

Traim nods to Skaen.

Skaen gets a log from inside his beisswurm backpack.

Skaen offers Traim a log.

Traim points his dragon skull at a log and a flame shoots from the creature's mouth, making the log quickly catch fire.

Traim drops a burning log.

Traim puts his skull in his spidersilk backpack.

Traim says to Tiv, "Aes."

Traim nods to Tiv.

Traim gestures at a burning log.

Traim stands near a burning log.

The log on the ground sputters as it burns.

Traim crooks his finger, motioning Tiv to come closer.

Tiv takes a sip of his coffee.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Tiv dips a finger in the coffee and watches it slowly drip back down.

You raise an eyebrow in Tiv's direction.

Renucci says, "It must have been hard."

Renucci babbles incoherently.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

You ask Traim, "Didn't that one vision which has changed with Pelag.. basically say .. something has already started, we can't do anything about it?"

Tiv seizes his forehead in one hand and slowly drags the fingers away, leaving several smudges of dirt, as if trying to pull something from his mind. He flicks his fingers at the crowd and you find yourself elsewhere. Cold. Alone. And now back.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Traim gazes at Tiv.

Cyiarriah casually observes the area.

Cyiarriah shivers.

You blink.

Tiv scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Traim says, "That's where you were. But you are there no longer. You are back, master."

Renucci says, "Safe."

Renucci says, "As safe can be."

Traim says to you, "Pelag though it was started and he said we could do nothing about it."

Tiv gazes at Renucci.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Tiv laughs!

Traim nods to you.

Tiv cackles deep in his throat, his voice rising in chilling laughter.

Traim winces.

Sebrahn glances at Skaen.

Skaen gets a log from inside his beisswurm backpack.

Skaen adds a log to a fire.

Fingers of flame flutter from the fire on the ground.

Cyiarriah narrows her eyes.

Tiv takes a seat.

Tiv takes a sip of his coffee.

Cyiarriah puts her cooler in her silk bag.

Skaen takes a seat.

The log in the fire bursts into flames.

You ask, "Look to our prophecies, this ends only one way?"

Renucci babbles incoherently.

Traim takes a seat.

You stand near Tiv.

Cyiarriah scans the area briefly.

The fire on the ground sputters as it burns.

Traim says to you, "Pelag is inclined to believe in the finality of his construct."

You nod to Traim.

Traim says, "Hence why I believe Karosti believes he, and them, are the ones to answer."

You ask, "And the other.. where the nodes are smoldering?"

Traim says to you, "The side effect of Karosti's type of warfare."

You frown.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Tiv looks towards Zynara and holds out his hand flat, fingers together. The hand trembles slightly.

Traim says, "But this, Tiv, if he has the Arbiter's help somehow, could change everything."

Traim gazes at Tiv.

You wring your hands nervously.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

You rub Tiv gently, trying to massage any sore muscles.

Tiv takes a sip of his coffee.

Cyiarriah gets a bowl of potato soup topped with crumbled bacon from inside her combat pack.

Cyiarriah touches a bowl of potato soup topped with crumbled bacon with a glowing finger, and it begins to steam from the heat.

Cyiarriah offers Tiv a bowl of potato soup topped with crumbled bacon.

Tiv scoots dangerously close to the fire.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

You say to Cyiarriah, "Most excellent Advisor."

Sebrahn says, "Had. He had the Arbiter's help."

Tiv accepts Cyiarriah's potato soup.

Cyiarriah smiles at you.

Tiv sniffs at the soup.

Cyiarriah says to you, "A better choice than tea..."

You say, "If bacon doesn't help him remember."

Cyiarriah gazes up at the sky.

Tiv says, "Arthe."

Traim says, "I don't know enough to state that the help has ended, but I have no argument."

Traim nods to Sebrahn.

Renucci exclaims, "Beacon the Bacon!"

Renucci smirks.

Cyiarriah says to you, "Bacon does fix everything."

Cyiarriah nods to you.

Traim says, "Warm."

Traim nods to Tiv.

Tiv takes a bite of the soup.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

The fire on the ground burns with a comforting glow.

Skaen smiles.

Cyiarriah roots around the area for a moment.

Renucci says, "Keep the fire going."

You say, "I wish we could find shelter for this poor man."

Skaen gives a slight nod.

Tiv dips his hand into the soup and slowly eats from his palm, licking the fingers clean of soup and grime.

Cyiarriah says, "Not a lot of wood around."

Cyiarriah roots around the area for a moment.

Renucci nods to Cyiarriah.

A few fluffy white clouds drift into the sky above.

Renucci says, "Plenty of Lava."

Renucci chuckles.

Cyiarriah nods to Skaen.

Traim says, "Maybe after the food, and fire, we can find someplace better for him to recover."

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

You nod at Traim, in complete agreement with his views.

Traim says, "Someone needs to get word to Kssarh."

Tiv glances down at the cut-crystal hand about his neck and jerks back with a start, as if surprised to find it there.

Tiv drops a bowl of potato soup topped with crumbled bacon.

Tiv drops a cup of steaming black coffee.

Traim gazes at Tiv.

Tiv takes off a cut-crystal hand wrapped around a cracked amber jewel.

You blink at Tiv.

Cyiarriah ponders.

Tiv gazes down at his hands.

Renucci gazes at Tiv.

Skaen whispers, "I'm guessing someone has tried to read him?"

Traim says, "I'd advise against returning to the sect hall right now, master, if that was your thought."

You whisper to Skaen, "if you mean to sense his mana.. I did that, but I did not analyze him"

Tiv slowly studies the pendant by the fire as his breathing grows more regular.

You say, "Ah.. that's right.. calm yourself."

Traim smiles.

Traim inhales a great swallow of air.

Skaen whispers, "the analyze, that might be too invasive though for his current state of mind, and potentially dangerous for us"

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

You nod to Skaen.

You whisper to Skaen, "I didn't want to do anything which might be seen too invasive.. "

Tiv points at Skaen.

Tiv says, "Avren."

Tiv points at Traim.

Renucci says to Tiv, "It's very nice."

Tiv says, "Avren."

Tiv points at you.

Tiv says, "Avren."

Tiv points at Sebrahn.

Tiv says, "Avren."

Tiv points at Renucci.

Tiv says, "Avren."

Tiv points at himself.

Tiv shrugs.

You say to Tiv, "You are still."

Skaen says, "Avren."

Skaen nods to Tiv.

You nod to Tiv.

Tiv asks, "Pomger?"

Traim says, "Sanuso. Avren."

Traim points at Tiv.

Traim nods at Skaen, obviously agreeing with his views.

Traim says, "Alreid."

Renucci says, "The Moons are below the horizon."

Traim points at Tiv.

You nod at Tiv, in complete agreement with his views.

Tiv asks, "Alreid? Pelag?"

Renucci gazes solemnly at the sky.

You ask, "Teacher?"

Traim says, "Teacher, of us. You are alreid avren."

You nod at Traim, in complete agreement with his views.

You get an elegant black journal embossed with silver stars from inside your watersilk pack.

Renucci says, "Aena shabi."

You gaze at your journal.

Traim says, "You might be a servant too, but only in your own eyes. A servant to the guild and your students. That's how you might see it."

Tiv holds his head in pain and screams, "Ita!"

Traim scowls.

Tiv grips the crystal hand harder as he tries to calm himself.

Traim nods to Skaen.

Skaen sighs.

Traim gives a slight nod.

Traim says to Tiv, "Empty your mind, as you taught us."

You say, "Be calm sir.."

You nod to Traim.

Traim says, "In, and out."

Traim inhales a great swallow of air.

A burning log in a fire burns out and crumbles away.

Tiv inhales a great swallow of air.

Skaen gets a log from inside his beisswurm backpack.

Skaen adds a log to a fire.

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

Tiv slowly empties his lungs.

The log in the fire bursts into flames.

Traim says, "Watch the fire, breath, and let it all go. Just us and the fire."

Traim inhales a great swallow of air.

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

Traim takes a deep breath.

Renucci takes a seat near Tiv.

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

Renucci praises Tiv.

Tiv shudders as milky tears roll down his face one by one.

You sit down near Tiv.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

You rub Tiv gently, trying to massage any sore muscles.

Traim inhales a great swallow of air.

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

Renucci holds his breath.

Renucci rapidly sucks in air through his teeth in pain.

You whisper to Traim, "do you think soothing music would be beneficial?"

Your mind hears Fahijeck thinking, "{faintly}" "kenzaze your shop open"

Renucci breathes very slowly and looks much calmer.

Tiv stands up.

Traim gazes at Tiv.

Renucci says, "It's good to calm."

Tiv gazes upwards.

Renucci smiles at Tiv.

Renucci scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Skaen scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

You stand back up.

Renucci says, "They all all below the horizon."

Skaen glances up at the sky. After a few moments he lowers his gaze.

Renucci breathes very slowly and looks much calmer.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

You breathe in slightly.

A burning log in a fire burns out and crumbles away.

You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs.

Skaen gets a log from inside his beisswurm backpack.

Skaen adds a log to a fire.

Renucci stands up.

Sebrahn shakes his head.

The log in the fire bursts into flames.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

You glance at Tiv, a male Human.

Tiv gently places a hand on Renucci's forehead who shudders under the touch.

Skaen glances up at the sky. After a few moments he lowers his gaze.

Traim gazes at Renucci.

Skaen scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Traim asks Renucci, "You alright?"

You raise an eyebrow in Renucci's direction.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Renucci nods to Traim.

Tiv gently places a hand on Traim's forehead who shudders under the touch.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Tiv gently places a hand on Sebrahn's forehead who shudders under the touch.

Renucci scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Traim gazes heavenwards expectantly, but lowers his eyes unfulfilled.

Skaen glances up at the sky. After a few moments he lowers his gaze.

>Tiv places a hand on your forehead causing a thousand possible futures to flitter through your mind. Most quickly fade, though a general sense of the future remains.

Traim scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Renucci gazes heavenwards expectantly, but lowers his eyes unfulfilled.

You ponder.

Traim sighs.

You scan the sky from horizon to horizon. A few white clouds float lazily in the sky above.

The following heavenly bodies are visible: The early afternoon sun is unobscured by clouds. A cloud has obscured parts of the planet Verena. The planet Estrilda is unobscured by clouds. The planet Durgaulda is unobscured by clouds. The planet Yoakena is unobscured by clouds. The planet Penhetia is unobscured by clouds. The planet Amlothi is unobscured by clouds. The planet Dawgolesh is unobscured by clouds. Katamba is below the horizon. Xibar is below the horizon. Yavash is below the horizon. Roundtime: 5 sec.

Tiv softly says, "Helps. Too much."

You blink at Tiv.

Traim smiles.

Traim nods to Tiv.

You beam!

Tiv points at Skaen.

Skaen smiles.

Traim says, "We can share the burden."

Skaen nods in agreement.

You nod in agreement.

Renucci grins at Skaen.

Renucci says, "Yes."

A shiver runs up your spine.

Traim scans the sky, looking for portents and insight.

Renucci says to Tiv, "I have to agree."

Tiv quirks a smile towards Skaen.

You smile.

Renucci blinks.

Skaen glances up at the sky. After a few moments he lowers his gaze.

Tiv says, "Too much. Too little. Everything. For so long."

Tiv shudders.

Tiv puts on a cut-crystal hand wrapped around a cracked amber jewel.

You say to Tiv, "But you made it out.. you are here with us again."

You smile.

Skaen says, "It is good to see you returned to us."

Skaen gives you a slight nod.

Tiv laughs, his eyes reflecting barely hidden sorrow.

You nod at Skaen, in complete agreement with his views.

Traim nods at Skaen, obviously agreeing with his views.

Traim smiles.

Tiv says, "Nothing. Nothing. All nothing."

Renucci says, "The Planes are very empty."

Tiv says, "But here? Everything. All the things." Tiv taps his temple, "All. So much. Obliteration."

Cyiarriah asks, "Forgive my ignorance, but is that the Plane of Probability?"

Renucci pats Cyiarriah on the back.

Cyiarriah smiles at Sebrahn.

Court Adjutant Powerhaus just arrived.

Powerhaus casually observes the area.

You say to Tiv, "If you're referring to the devastation here.. there is yet hope some things survived, but will take excavation."

Powerhaus nods.

Tiv says, "Am I the bat? Am I the skull? No. No. One is enough for hatred."

You ponder.

You whisper to Skaen, "I'm the worst at riddles"

You feel a bit weak in the knees and find yourself wobbling.

Renucci gazes at Tiv.

Cyiarriah shudders.

Tiv glances at his crystal hand.

Tiv glances at Traim.

Traim smiles sadly at Tiv.

Tiv says to Traim, "You know. You know. Said you knew."

Traim gives a slight nod.

The fire on the ground burns with a comforting glow.

Cyiarriah nods to Powerhaus.

Tiv says, "I'm not the she-skull. Or the servant, or the darkness or the shrew, nor the nightingale."

Traim asks, "About the sect hall, master?"

Traim says, "Ah, yes."

Traim says, "You are Tiv. Our teacher."

You ask, "Who are you then?"

Powerhaus glances at Tiv.

Renucci grins.

Traim says, "Teacher of students. Self-proclaimed servant of the moon mage guild."

Tiv says, "Tiv." He rolls the word around in his mouth as if tasting it. "Tiv. Yes. I know this."

A burning log in a fire burns out and crumbles away.

Powerhaus nods to Cyiarriah.

Tiv asks, "Am I? Must I be?"

You nod to Tiv.

Skaen gets a log from inside his beisswurm backpack.

Skaen adds a log to a fire.

Renucci says, "You are."

Traim says, "The name is yours. Those others do not belong to you, and you know the power in the name."

Traim says, "None can take it from you."

A column of smoke trails off the fire on the ground.

Traim says, "Tiv."

The log in the fire bursts into flames.

Renucci says, "A very wise teacher."

Tiv asks, "Tiv once was. And then was I. So cold. So alone. But never empty. Never alone. Helpless. Am I he? Can I be?"

Powerhaus smirks.

Powerhaus observes Tiv with fascination.

Powerhaus frowns.

Renucci says, "You are Tiv in all the forms of our current fate."

You say, "Tiv is, who he chooses to be... but perhaps trying to decide too soon.. rest.. regain your strength."

Skaen becomes very still, eyes unfocused.

Tiv says, "Tiv knew. He knew. I would not choose the cold and alone and the certainty. But would he? Mayhaps."

Sebrahn nods to Skaen.

You assess the teaching environment...

Traim says, "You were always selfless, master."

You nod to Traim.

Tiv suddenly takes note of the coffee he discarded earlier.

Tiv picks up a cup of steaming black coffee.

The fire on the ground burns with a comforting glow.

Tiv asks, "Did Tiv like coffee?"

Tiv takes a sip of his coffee.

Renucci says to Tiv, "You wouldn't choose cold and alone.. It was an act of fate and faith."

Cyiarriah asks, "Who doesn't?"

Renucci grins at Cyiarriah.

You ask Tiv, "Do you?"

Tiv says to you, "It is real."

A burning log in a fire burns out and crumbles away.

You nod to Tiv.

Renucci says, "You are real."

Renucci nods to Tiv.

Tiv says, "Or is it? Is this more?" he taps his temple, "Seen this. Know this."

Katamba slowly rises above the horizon. You sense an overall increase in Lunar mana.

You say to Tiv, "You may not return to being the same Tiv, but you are here, and this is real."

Renucci says, "Nothing is hidden in your head that will not return in time."

Traim ponders.

Tiv says to you, "So certain."

Tiv says to Renucci, "Everything is hidden."

Powerhaus smirks.

You say to Tiv, "Perhaps this is gullible of me...."

Powerhaus says to Cyiarriah, "What you know is not certain."

Yavash slowly rises above the horizon. You sense an overall increase in Lunar mana.

Cyiarriah says to Powerhaus, "I know nothing."

Renucci says, "And in Time you will clear your mind."

You say, "But the moons rise, the sun is here, the stars will soon shine from the dark sky..."

Powerhaus nods.

Powerhaus asks Cyiarriah, "Neither does it?"

Cyiarriah shakes her head at Powerhaus.

Renucci says, "You will find there are many things that make your happy.."

Tiv takes a sip of his coffee.

Renucci says, "Things that jog your memory.."

Tiv says to Renucci, "Doubtful."

Renucci says, "Things that help you remember you are a great teacher."

Tiv says, "Memory. All is mine."

Powerhaus smirks.

Powerhaus nods to Tiv.

Cyiarriah forces Renucci out of her group.

Renucci praises Tiv.

Cyiarriah trudges east.

Renucci says, "They are yours."

Renucci says, "You can share them."

Renucci says, "Event the painful ones."

Tiv says, "Unwise. So very unwise."

A few fluffy white clouds drift into the sky above.

Powerhaus glances up at the sky.

You say, "It is our hope, when you are stronger.. that you might share what happened when you left."

Tiv says, "Knowledge is power. Ignorance is freedom."

Traim says, "What of Nera, Tiv? She may not have seen all that you have, but she faced the power of that knowledge, and she fought with it."

A column of smoke trails off the fire on the ground.

Renucci says, "Yes but you could teach the leason that provides clairity to avoid the pain."

Traim says, "Ignorance is not your way, it never has been. Your whole life has been dedicated otherwise."

Traim stands up.

Traim winces.

Fingers of flame flutter from the fire on the ground.

Tiv laughs at Traim.

Tiv says, "Lies. Lies. Failure."

You arch your eyebrow.

Traim says, "Failure? Of course there's failure."

A column of smoke trails off the fire on the ground.

Powerhaus asks Tiv, "The truth to you though?"

Dancing from one cloud to another, the sun wends its way towards evening.

Sebrahn rummages through a sable leather backpack with a frantic look of loss.

Traim says, "That was one of the first lessons I took in. Search for perfection and knowledge for the sake of the path, not the belief that you find it."

Renucci says, "There is never a future till it's the past.."

Renucci asks Tiv, "Don't you recall your youth?"

Tiv says to Renucci, "Perfectly, if at all."

Powerhaus smirks.

Powerhaus gets some field goblin jerky from inside his firestarter's pack.

Powerhaus takes a bite of the jerky.

The fire on the ground sputters as it burns.

Renucci says, "Good! Tell a tale of happyness."

Traim asks, "If anyone can handle it, it is you, master. You had to know that. That had to be why you did what you did. Did you not know what it would cost you?"

Tiv says to Renucci, "I've none. I know the ending."

Renucci covers his eyes with his hand.

Fingers of flame flutter from the fire on the ground.

Tiv says to Traim, "Knowing is not paying."

Powerhaus takes a bite of the jerky.

Cyiarriah just arrived.

Powerhaus puts his jerky in his firestarter's pack.

Cyiarriah adds a log to a fire.

Powerhaus joins Cyiarriah's group.

Skaen gives Cyiarriah a slight nod.

The log in the fire bursts into flames.

You get a snifter of Rissan brandy from inside your watersilk pack.

Tiv ponders.

You take a sip of the brandy.

A burning log in a fire burns out and crumbles away.

Cyiarriah gets a log from inside her combat pack.

Cyiarriah adds a log to a fire.

Sebrahn asks, "This is not the sacrifice you intended to make, is it?"

Cyiarriah gets a log from inside her combat pack.

Tiv says to Renucci, "Mislead, we were. Too late it was seen."

Cyiarriah adds a log to a fire.

Skaen asks, "By whom?"

Tiv says to Renucci, "I..."

Traim frowns.

Tiv frowns.

Renucci seems to be waiting for something.

The szeldite set in Skaen's buckler slowly bleeds from malevolent black haloed by a feral white glow to malevolent black.

Tiv says, "I let them die. I could have saved them, only to die. So I let them die."

You raise an eyebrow in Tiv's direction.

Renucci says, "You are a survivor."

Tiv says, "I fled and lost my way. He was there so strongly, so strong."

Cyiarriah gets a mug of blend coffee from inside her silk bag.

Cyiarriah takes a sip of her coffee.

Tiv says, "But I had to live, you see." Tiv taps his head, "For all the good it will do us."

You say, "He... we have debated."

Tiv says, "And then nothing. So much nothing. For so long."

Renucci nods.

Renucci says, "You have been gone for a while."

Tiv says, "No air. No ground. No gravity. Nothing. Nothing."

Tiv says, "Tiv would have died. All would have died."

Renucci says, "The Planes are difficult to navagate."

Tiv says, "But I was consumed by, this."

Purple flames waver across the fire on the ground.

Powerhaus asks, "Did Tiv die?"

Powerhaus observes Tiv with fascination.

Tiv says, "And I held on. Held myself together. You don't really need air there, you know? You think you do, so you do."

Cyiarriah winces.

Tiv says, "Nothing. Nothing."

Tiv asks, "How did I finally find something?"

Tiv exclaims, "I don't know. I should know!"

Tiv clutches his head.

Renucci ponders.

Traim asks, "Phelim, master?"

Tiv says to Traim, "They can touch there, but they don't. They don't."

Purple flames waver across the fire on the ground.

Traim nods.

Renucci ponders.

Tiv says, "Focus. Story helps. Focus on a thread. One thread."

Powerhaus grins.

Powerhaus nods.

The last few clouds in the sky above slowly drift away.

Traim ponders.

The fire on the ground burns with a comforting glow.

Traim asks, "Karosti's. Do you see it?"

Traim gazes at Tiv.

Tiv says, "I should thank you for helping me. Thank the voices in my head. That's something Tiv would do right? Even though he knows they're voices and the nothing is still out there, hungering for him. As only nothing can hunger."

Tiv shudders.

Powerhaus smirks.

Tiv asks, "Maybe this is real. If I focus on the voices long enough, on the visions, does it matter?"

Cyiarriah gets a log from inside her combat pack.

Cyiarriah adds a log to a fire.

Renucci looks at Tiv and shrugs.

The log in the fire bursts into flames.

Renucci says, "Does it."

Tiv asks, "Does anything?"

Cyiarriah says, "We consider it real."

Cyiarriah casually observes the area.

You ask Tiv, "We were ever so worried for you.. after you left.. we sensed that someone of your description helped a prone s'kra woman and a nightingale was on his shoulder.. do you recall anything of this nature?"

Renucci says, "Everything matters.. It's all in context of how you align yourself."

Renucci says, "What you enjoy."

Tiv says, "Lies."

The fire on the ground burns with a comforting glow.

Renucci says, "Life is worth every moment."

Powerhaus asks Cyiarriah, "As real as what you make of it, and it only matters to you I guess?"

Cyiarriah nods to Powerhaus.

Powerhaus says, "Cause to others it might as well not exist, so yeah, what is the point arguing..."

Powerhaus smirks.

Renucci says, "You just ignore those around you that cause chaos.. Those who are not worth bothering with.. You only worry about those whom are capable of true value."

Renucci says, "Place your energy where you enjoy."

Tiv says, "Simple. Simple."

Tiv says to Skaen, "You've a taste. Not that easy."

Skaen nods in agreement.

A burning log in a fire burns out and crumbles away.

Cyiarriah gets a log from inside her combat pack.

Cyiarriah adds a log to a fire.

Renucci says, "You once enjoyed concoring the mountain."

The log in the fire bursts into flames.

Powerhaus prods a burning log with the tip of his finger.

Tiv asks, "Why does enjoyment matter?"

You ask, "It is real?"

Renucci says, "It drives you to reality."

A burning log in a fire burns out and crumbles away.

You grin at Renucci.

You take a sip of the brandy.

Tiv shrugs.

Renucci says, "Keeps you from going insane.."

A burning log in a fire burns out and crumbles away.

Tiv seems bemused at that thought.

Tiv scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Skaen scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Traim says, "Meaning matters, master. And it grieves us to hear you speak otherwise, of the daily tasks, of everything. You give them meaning."

You ask, "Pleasure and enjoyment may be fleeting, but it is those things which often make the dark times easier to bear.. the hope of regaining such?"

Traim asks, "How many rugs or walls did I clean as an apprentice because you were trying to teach that lesson?"

Traim asks, "How many hours spent doing nothing but breathing?"

Traim asks, "Has your sight of Everything now made you believe in Nothing?"

Traim gazes at Tiv.

Tiv says, "I did not know."

Tiv says, "I'm tired. You don't sleep there you know. If you sleep you lose yourself."

Traim nods.

Powerhaus says, "Everything to do, and nothing to get done."

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

Renucci grins at Powerhaus.

Skaen asks, "Can you hold your focus here in sleep?"

You ask Tiv, "I would imagine.. do you think you can recall some place you would find comfortable?"

Tiv asks Traim, "Have you been there? Outside Grazhir?"

Renucci says, "The Grey expanse isn't easy to return from."

Powerhaus takes a sip of his coffee.

Traim says, "I have not been where you have, master."

Traim says, "Nor would I survive it."

Purple flames waver across the fire on the ground.

Tiv says, "Comfort. No. Everyone Tiv has lived is gone. It does not matter."

You frown at Tiv.

The sun nears the far horizon as the clear blue sky deepens into a rich indigo.

The fire on the ground burns with a comforting glow.

Renucci says, "It's crumbled."

Tiv says, "Telling would be cheating."

Powerhaus grins at Tiv.

Powerhaus nods.

Traim says, "Loved. They were always gone. This disillusionment is not you. I think you should speak with Kssarh, master."

Traim says, "When you've had time to rest."

Renucci says, "You are welcome to sleep on my cot.. It's not much but it is easy on the back."

You nod to Traim.

Tiv says, "I am not myself, I am aware of that - the thoughts are hard coming."

Skaen stands up.

Traim says, "Cherulisa too."

You nod to Traim.

Traim says, "Your old students will be helpful."

Tiv says, "Kssarh though... I've not forgotten."

Traim smiles.

Traim nods.

You say, "Would be hard to not remember him, I think."

A few fluffy white clouds drift into the sky above.

Renucci says, "Kssarh is still a cookie I can't deny."

Tiv says, "I could not face him in this state. He would understand, but I will not place that burden on him."

Renucci drools.

Renucci scans the sky from horizon to horizon.

Tiv says, "Gylwyn."

Tiv says, "She watched over him for so long, she is a care taker."

Traim nods.

You nod.

Renucci grins.

Tiv says, "I need. Time."

Cyiarriah takes a sip of her coffee.

Traim says, "I'll open a gate there. Unless you wish to travel on your own time."

Traim gestures. A beam of ruby brilliance splits the sky.

Tiv says to Traim, "Thank you. I do not trust myself."

Traim bows to Tiv.

You nod to Traim.

You gesture. An oozing pool of darkness collects at your feet as you focus a moonbeam from Katamba into the area.

Tiv says, "After all I said. He goes there."

Renucci nods to Tiv.

Powerhaus grins.

Cyiarriah mutters something into the air about Moon Mages.

Powerhaus says, "Fate or something.."

Powerhaus grins at Cyiarriah.

Renucci says, "It's not something I plan on doing anytime soon."

You gesture. [Obsidian Spire, Landing] Winding around the interior of the room is a flight of steps climbing steeply into the darkness overhead, lit only by the cold blue-white light of minuscule tzgaa spheres inserted into the end of each riser. Stairs lead back down, while an archway affords a glimpse of the outdoors. Also here: Guildleader Gylwyn. Obvious exits: none.

You make a subtle gesture in an attempt to affect your moonbeam. You sense your moonbeam move towards Gylwyn. Roundtime: 3 seconds.


You gesture. A swirling vortex of shadows draws itself from the ground and coalesces into a black Moongate, which yawns open like a hungry maw.

Renucci peers through the Moongate.

Skaen peers through the Moongate.

Cyiarriah peers through the Moongate.

You peer through the Moongate...

[Obsidian Spire, Landing] Winding around the interior of the room is a flight of steps climbing steeply into the darkness overhead, lit only by the cold blue-white light of minuscule tzgaa spheres inserted into the end of each riser. Stairs lead back down, while an archway affords a glimpse of the outdoors. You also see a pool of black shadows. Also here: Traim and Guildleader Gylwyn. Obvious exits: none.

You motion toward a black Moongate.

Skaen went through a black Moongate.

Renucci holds hands with Tiv.

[Lava Flow, Path of Thorns] A heart-shaped wrought iron sculpture is overgrown, writhing vines coiled around it. The thick spike-like thorns appear to pierce the center, the sharp points gleaming with moisture. You also see a black Moongate, a red moonbeam, a bowl of potato soup topped with crumbled bacon and a fire. Also here: Cyiarriah, Desperado Powerhaus who has a fiery visage, Master Moon Mage Renucci, Skindancer Sebrahn and Guildleader Tiv. Obvious paths: east, west.

Cyiarriah joins Renucci's group.

Renucci asks Tiv, "Ready?"

Powerhaus peers through the Moongate.

Powerhaus joins Renucci's group.

Tiv gazes about dazedly.

Master Moon Mage Renucci's group went through a black Moongate.

[Obsidian Spire, Landing] Winding around the interior of the room is a flight of steps climbing steeply into the darkness overhead, lit only by the cold blue-white light of minuscule tzgaa spheres inserted into the end of each riser. Stairs lead back down, while an archway affords a glimpse of the outdoors. You also see a black Moongate and a pool of black shadows. Also here: Guildleader Tiv, Cyiarriah, Desperado Powerhaus who has a fiery visage, Master Moon Mage Renucci, Skaen, Traim and Guildleader Gylwyn. Obvious exits: none.

You release your mental hold on the lunar energy that sustains your moongate. A black Moongate collapses in on itself.

Powerhaus casually observes the area.

Powerhaus nods to Gylwyn.

Gylwyn gasps!

You nod graciously at Gylwyn, giving her a polite smile.

Gylwyn just hugged Tiv.

Traim smiles sadly.

Gylwyn exclaims to Tiv, "We thought we'd lost you!"

Tiv seems slightly unsure what to do with the halfling wrapped about his legs.

Traim laughs!

Powerhaus asks Cyiarriah, "Lost, found, all the same?"

You grin.

Cyiarriah holds up her hand and tilts it side to side in a so-so gesture.

Tiv says to Gylwyn, "That remains to be seen."

Powerhaus nods.

Gylwyn asks, "What happened to your eyes?"

Gylwyn gazes at Tiv.

The black shadows fade somewhat.

Tiv says, "A foolish choice."

Renucci says, "I like the new look."

You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.

Renucci ducks his head.

You whisper to Traim, "sorry, I had no idea if a beam could be moved in here.. "

Cyiarriah nods to Powerhaus.

[Obsidian Spire, Landing] Winding around the interior of the room is a flight of steps climbing steeply into the darkness overhead, lit only by the cold blue-white light of minuscule tzgaa spheres inserted into the end of each riser. Stairs lead back down, while an archway affords a glimpse of the outdoors. You also see a pool of grey shadows. Also here: Guildleader Tiv, Cyiarriah, Desperado Powerhaus who has a fiery visage, Master Moon Mage Renucci, Skaen, Traim and Guildleader Gylwyn. Obvious exits: none.

Traim whispers, "No worries."

Tiv says, "I... it's thick. My thoughts are thick."

Gylwyn gazes at Tiv with concern.

You whisper to Gylwyn, "he's doing much better than when we first found him walking near the ruins of the fortress.. "

Tiv says, "May I stay here while I gather myself? There will be questions."

Tiv says, "I need to find myself. Try to dredge some use from this fractured mind."

Gylwyn whispers, "This is better?"

Powerhaus casually observes the area.

Powerhaus nods.

You say to Tiv, "You've made great strides in a short time, sir."

Gylwyn says to Tiv, "I... see. You are always welcome here of course."

Cyiarriah nods to Powerhaus.

A nimbus of pure white light blossoms from inside a soot-black firestarter's pack covered in naphtha stains that Powerhaus is wearing.

Powerhaus says to Tiv, "Good luck? with all this."

You whisper to Gylwyn, "it was worse.. much worse"

Powerhaus smirks.

Tiv says, "Thank you. It seems my usual bed is encased in lava."

Renucci says, "Nahhh It's easy to get to."

You whisper to Gylwyn, "originally he only uttered singled words.. in gamgweth"

Gylwyn studies the faces around her.

Renucci grins at Tiv.

Gylwyn says, "Thank you for bringing him here."

You nod politely.

Renucci praises Traim.

Tiv nods.

Tiv says, "Rest. It's been so long."

Traim says, "It goes without saying, but let us know if we can help with anything as you recover."

Skaen gives a slight nod.

Traim bows to Tiv.

Tiv says, "Thank you." He sounds slightly awkward as he says it, as if he wants to mean it but isn't sure how."

Cyiarriah says to Tiv, "Rest well."

You say to Tiv, "It is my dearest hope you find the peace you need to find to sort this out."

Traim grins wryly.

You nod at Traim, in complete agreement with his views.

Renucci praises Tiv.

Tiv begins climbing up the steps.


Skaen sighs.

You say, "Maybe we should see about getting some kind of excavation .. that might be a good project.. to see what, if anything, can be recovered."

Renucci nods to you.

Gylwyn says, "That was very unexpected, but wonderful."

Skaen smiles.

You nod at Gylwyn, in complete agreement with her views.

Cyiarriah nods in agreement.

Gylwyn says, "I shall have to call for empaths to check on him, when he's willing of course."

Gylwyn ponders.

You say, "I nearly fainted when I sensed his presence."

Renucci nods at you, obviously agreeing with your views.

Gylwyn says, "And I have to decide what to tell the rest of the council. They'll want to know of course, but he doesn't seem up to facing them."

Gylwyn ponders.

Traim says to Gylwyn, "Familiar things and habits were helpful to him."

Traim says, "Perhaps Kssarh and Cherulisa, when he's up to it."

The grey shadows are now too faint to be seen.

You ask Gylwyn, "He made great progress, but I think he really is barely holding it together?"

Gylwyn says, "We can hardly keep it a secret, that wouldn't do at all but he seems so fragile right now."

Renucci nods at you, obviously agreeing with your views.

You say, "Sad to say such a thing of a great personage .. but he's been through a lot."

Gylwyn says, "Oh Tiv... what have you done? You were always the best of us."

You gaze sadly at Gylwyn.

Traim says, "That's why he survived. And that's why he will make it back to himself."

Traim slowly empties his lungs.

You give a slight nod.

Gylwyn nods.

Renucci paces back and forth.

Skaen's tail cautiously lifts into a kind of "U" shape.

Gylwyn says, "Thank you for bringing him here. This is a wonderful day, even if tinged with a bit of sadness."

Renucci rubs his head.

You say, "And even more questions."

You wring your hands nervously.

You say, "He spoke of something else."

Gylwyn says, "I'll make sure he's cared for. Hopefully he'll recover with time."

You say, "Very early... before he started speaking common again."

Renucci nods to Gylwyn.

Traim nods to Gylwyn.

You ask Traim, "What was that again?"

Gylwyn nods to you.

Traim says, "Cold stars, dark lava, the destruction of fate."

You nod to Traim.

Traim says, "He has...a lot in his mind."

Traim glances at Skaen.

Skaen kicks at the ground distractedly with the toe of his shadowy black sandals.

You say, "Yes he touched us.."

Traim says, "As you said, hopefully he'll recover with time."

Renucci says, "Suprised he didn't shake your boots off."

Renucci gazes at Traim.

Gylwyn says, "I see."

Renucci says, "After all this babbling about the Planes and you jump right into them."

Traim grins wryly.

Gylwyn says, "Or rather, I don't think I do, but I imagine I will after spending some time with him."

You say to Gylwyn, "If he touches you.. you'll feel it."

Skaen nods to Gylwyn.

Traim says, "Yes, well, he's never agreed with a lot of the choices I've taken."

Traim grins at Renucci.

Renucci chuckles at Traim.

Traim says to Gylwyn, "Thank you, and let me know if I can help anymore as well."

Renucci says, "I think that's a Guild thing."

Gylwyn says, "We all have our detractors."

You say, "I think we're all in agreement we'll help in any way we can."

You give a gracious nod.

Renucci nods.

Gylwyn nods.

Traim asks Gylwyn, "Is there any reason why we should even try to keep this quiet?"

Traim says, "I know more than a few monks that deserve to celebrate the news."

Traim says, "Well, mages of all sects really."

Gylwyn says, "We'll have to figure out what happened to him before we can proceed with helping him, unless he just gets better on his own."

Gylwyn says, "No. It won't stay secret, and shouldn't. I just worry about the attention it will bring in his current state."

Skaen says, "Letting people know he's alive and walking upon this plane is one thing, what he carries in his head perhaps another."

Skaen furrows his brow.

Renucci nods at Gylwyn, obviously agreeing with her views.

Traim says, "Good points."

You say, "I wouldn't think we'd want folks to think he's diminished."

You say, "Until he's had a chance to rest."

You say, "He said he didn't sleep."

Gylwyn says, "It's not just about appearances, it's about keeping him safe from all of that."

You nod to Gylwyn.

Gylwyn says, "Perhaps he will mend quickly and it won't be a problem. We can hope."

Skaen's eyes darken with thought, and his tail grows very still.

Gylwyn says, "I'll need to think about how best to handle this and care for him. I don't expect he'll wake for awhile, so I should have a little time. Perhaps I'll consult with Taramaine."

Gylwyn ponders.

You flinch.

You ask, "Maybe Cherulisa?"

Gylwyn says, "The Guildleader Prime will need to know about this, it won't due otherwise."

You nod to Gylwyn.

You ask, "Yes, but .. well is he sympathetic normally?"

Gylwyn says, "He is a kind and caring man even if his office does not always let him show it."

Gylwyn says, "He'll understand."

Gylwyn paces back and forth.

You say, "You know him far better.."

You smile at Gylwyn.

Gylwyn says, "Yes. I do."

Renucci grins at you.

You smile.

Traim says, "I imagine they will all know in short order in any case. And Tiv knew he would be in good hands here."

Gylwyn says, "Thank you again. I thanked you all already didn't I? I just still can't believe he's back."

Traim smiles at Gylwyn.

You nod at Traim, in complete agreement with his views.

You curtsy to Gylwyn.

Renucci pats Gylwyn on the back.

Gylwyn hugs everyone, though she hugs you the hardest.

Renucci says, "We can't either."

Traim grins wryly.

You chortle softly at some secret joke.

Traim says, "Thanks all. I'm going to retire myself for awhile and think."

Traim smiles slightly.

Skaen nods to Traim.

Traim says, "See you all soon."

Gylwyn nods.

You say, "Farewell Traim."

Traim nods politely.

Gylwyn says, "I need to think myself."

Cyiarriah nods politely.

Renucci nods.

Skaen raises his hand in a quick salute.

Skaen begins climbing down the stairs.

You say, "Be well all..soo much dramatic stuff."

This message was originally posted in The Moon Mages \ Guild Events, by VICTRIX96 on the play.net forums.

Editor's Note

Skaen provided his vision:

Tiv suddenly seizes you by the head and locks eyes with you. Visions and knowledge burst into your mind, overwhelming all other thought as you know everything. Everything that ever was, is and will be. As sanity attempts retreat the knowledge vanishes and you find yourself curled in a fetal position on the ground clutching your head. Tiv stands over your, his gaze turned to the heavens.