Post:Next... - 12/20/2001 - 13:21:39
|Next... · on 12/20/2001 1:21:39 PM||379|
| Ok, I've noticed some talk about in game secrets and how they are bad and I've noticed some complaints about the Super Guards again.
So, here's what I'll do for you all, I'll give you all something new and explain a tad how it works...
First let me start out by saying that I just re-went over the Town Guard Code to ensure everything is in place... and it is and it works.
The guards themselves still have the same super "vison" that they always have had but now you have ways to help defeat it.
1) Wearing things like a cloak and such can help you avoid the guards.
2) Having a thiefly title up hurts your chance to go unnoticed.
3) Having a fake title up HELPS your chance to go unnoticed. (no title does nothing)
4) Hiding your profession helps as well. If you have some fake title up with your thief profession showing, you are hurting your chance to escape. and the fake title is ignored.
5) Charisma plays a BIG part. Always has since the first tweak.
6) And this is the big one.... If a guard sees you you'll now have a chance to flee into a surrounding room "without" getting caught by them. This depends alot on your stats and your level. But mainly... this depends alot on the ESCAPE skill. Also, the more people in the room at the time the better. We love crowds don't we?
That's about it for the time being. Have fun with it and good stealing. I'm very happy to see that some of you have overcome the approach time also without the need for a cookie up. That proves the dedication that some of you have to this guild.
Once again, Have fun gang.
|This message was originally posted in Archived Staff and Game Master Announcements (50) \ Old GM and Staff announcements - Thieves (9), by DR-ROYCE on the play.net forums.|