Post:Arisen Sahfra (5-12 Events Summary) - 5/14/2009 - 13:39:43

From elanthipedia
Jump to: navigation, search


This article has been tagged for wikification.
In other words, the format needs a bit of cleaning up and wikicode added to it.
Check Articles for wikification for more articles needing wikification.


Re: Arisen Sahfra (5-12 Events Summary) · on 5/14/2009 1:39:43 PM 10996
>> Yes please. I'd like to apply for presidency of the Khurek fan club as well.

As long as I still get to be president of the Tachid fan club.

Here's the log all cleaned up nice.




I>go door [Ilaya Taipa, Baso Dock] The harbor wall towers high above the Baso, or Stranger's, dock. While the interior town walls are elaborately carved and even highlighted with vivid, jewel-toned enamel, the outer have been smoothed as sheer as the stonemason's art can make them, providing no cracks where climbers could make their way up. Foreign merchants must dock here to take on or offload cargo, or to pick up passengers for the trip up the river. You also see a scruffy lynx, a lean bear and some heavy oak doors in the harbor wall. Also here: Temple Inquisitor Khurek. Obvious paths: none.

The scruffy lynx sits down.

Khurek harshly growls a few foreboding words as a halo of light flickers around his head.

I>per khurek You perceive Holy magic clinging to Khurek. There are no spells on Khurek. Khurek is preparing Revelation. Roundtime: 6 Sec.

IR>release You release the mana you were holding. The refractive field surrounding you fades away. You aren't preparing a spell. Type RELEASE HELP for more options.

You get a tear-shaped star sapphire from inside your velvet bag.

You offer your star sapphire to Khurek, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

You say, "Much more effective."

Khurek gestures. Khurek's eyes flare with a brilliant white radiance.

Khurek has accepted your offer and is now holding a tear-shaped star sapphire.

The lean bear sits down.

Khurek asks, "What is this?"

You say, "Garden's Vision."

You say, "Gaze into it. The identities of everyone in the area with you are revealed."

You say, "Can't hide from it."

A long River Elf skiff comes into sight headed towards the dock.

You get an odd feeling for a moment. >per Xibar is dominant, Yavash is moderate, while Katamba's influence is weak. Stellar Magic and Psychic Projection spells are favored. Your red moonbeam should last about thirty more roisaen or until Yavash sets. You sense that Vansiil just located you here, and you are able to backtrace his location to Southern Trade Route, Esouvar Deriel. You sense the Distant Gaze spell upon you, which should last until you lose your moonbeam or RELEASE GAZE. Roundtime: 3 sec.

Khurek says, "Interesting. Could help me catch a few more assassins."

Khurek harshly growls a few foreboding words as a halo of light flickers around his head.

You get a blue and silver Tokka deck from inside your knee-length longcoat.

You cautiously spread the deck out before you, sliding the cards around and thoroughly mixing them before carefully collecting them into a pile again. Roundtime: 5 sec.

The long skiff makes a steady approach to the docks under the effort of its oarsmen.

You say, "You can call it a gift."

You say, "If I can do a little something."

Khurek nods to you.

Khurek puts his sapphire in his leather pack.

You hold your Tokka deck out for Khurek to cut.

Khurek cuts your deck, removing roughly half the cards and placing the remainder on top of them.

You flash a quick grin.

You focus internally and align yourself for a prediction on magic. Roundtime: 2 seconds.

You face Khurek and prepare to deal from your Tokka deck. Envisioning the layout of Fateweaver's Glass in your mind, you briefly rest your hand over the place where each position in the spread will lie. Roundtime: 6 sec.

You say, "Let's see what the Glass holds."

You turn over the first card without hesitation, revealing the River of Aether as a Kismet. Roundtime: 2 sec.

You pull the next card from your deck with complete confidence, playing the Ram as a Kismet. Roundtime: 2 sec.

You tilt your head with a curious expression.

You smoothly draw the next card from your deck, revealing the Tapestry as a Kismet. Roundtime: 2 sec.

You smoothly draw the next card from your deck, revealing the Cow as the Thread. Roundtime: 2 sec.

You say, "That's...odd."

Khurek stares plainly at the cards.

You strongly turn over the next card, playing the Welkin as the Path. Roundtime: 2 sec.

The long River Elf skiff pulls into the dock.

You pull the last card from your deck with complete confidence, revealing the Falling Star as the Terminus. The Falling Star brightens for a moment, as if somehow lit from behind. Roundtime: 2 sec. You collect the cards and slide them cautiously back into your Tokka deck.

You blink.

You say, "Wow."

A deckhand shouts, "Don't delay folks, she never stays more than a few roisaen."

Khurek asks, "Are you done?"

You say, "Hmm. Yes. For now."

That won't affect your current attunement very much. You deftly waggle your fingers in the precise motions needed to prepare the Focus Moonbeam spell while silently pleading with Huldah to take no interest in your current endeavors.

Khurek pays his transportation fee and boards. Temple Inquisitor Khurek went over to a birch skiff.

You gesture. A beam of clear silvery-blue light descends from the heavens as you focus a moonbeam from Xibar into the area. You notice a lean bear stand back up.

>go skiff As you move to board the bateau, the captain stops you and says, "In order to ride along you will need to pay 58 dokoras.

You hand him your dokoras and climb aboard.

[A Birch Skiff] This particular skiff is roomy and solid with benches only slightly worn from use. A lantern is hung at one end, shining its light against the surrounding darkness. It makes a slight jingling noise as it sways along with the boat. You also see the Baso Dock. Also here: Temple Inquisitor Khurek. Obvious paths: none.

You put your deck in your knee-length longcoat.

You notice as a lean bear lumbers into the area.

The lean bear begins to watch the goings on carefully.

You ask, "You don't even want to know what it all means?"

You notice as a scruffy lynx pads into the area.

The scruffy lynx begins to watch the goings on carefully.

Khurek says, "So. Explain what you saw."

Khurek nods to you.

You flash a quick grin.

The lean bear sits down.

You say, "You are part of a great gestalt."

You say, "Aether... the binding element... and signs pointing to a great work, some craft you will excell at."

"Two roisaen!" shouts the captain, "Two roisaen till we push off!"

Khurek nods slowly.

You say, "But the falling star..."

You say, "Seems to be good in this context. I would say it points to the appearance of an auspicious sign."

You say, "If you heed it you'll receive great fortune."

You say, "If not..."

You wave your hand distractedly.

"Prepare to cast off!" commands the captain, "Last call for freight and passengers!"

Khurek says, "Vague as expected."

The captain shouts out for his crew to man the sweeps, while the first mate casts off the line holding the skiff to the docks, beginning the river voyage.

You say, "I try to avoid being specific."

The skiff swings carefully away from the dock, its bow coming around to point in the correct direction of travel. As the rowers begin pulling on their sweeps, one of them strikes up a rousing song and the rest join in.

Khurek asks, "Can your cards find me the Necromancer filth?"

You say, "One, no one believes me. Then two, when they start to believe me, they get extremely tetchy and act like it's my fault."

Khurek fixes you with a heavy, ponderous stare.

You smile.

You say, "Mmh. Not the cards, no."

You say, "This takes something else."

>study sky You carefully search the skies looking for insight into future events. The constellation of The Raccoon's significance should not be ignored. The constellation of The Wolverine bears thoughtful reflection. The constellation of The Giant seems to have a potent power over the future. The constellation of The Heron seems to have a potent power over the future. The constellation of The Spider has little to say but should be the first to be heard. You feel a lingering sense of dissatisfaction and think the heavens bear further observation before you attempt to unravel the mysteries of the future. Roundtime: 10 Seconds.

Khurek harshly growls a few foreboding words as a halo of light flickers around his head.

Khurek harshly growls a few foreboding words as a halo of light flickers around his head.

>predict event khurek You focus inwardly searching for insight into Khurek's future. Your vision darkens, barely revealing a small room dominated by an ornate deobar writing desk. Thick curtains are drawn across the only window,

leaving a lamp perched on one corner of the desk to throw fitful light on the scene. A slender man sits at the desk while an unnaturally bulging

form stands at the doorway, both little more than silhouettes in the gloom.

The man in the doorway tosses something onto the desk, where it lands with a metallic thud. He croaks out in a guttural voice, "What now?"

Your point of view shifts to look down upon the object, revealing a leather-bound tome. The blade of a belt knife sticks out from underneath, pinned to the desk by the book's weight. The slender man gently traces a slender finger across a sigil of sharp angles that marks its cover. "Now," the word escapes in a raspy exhalation. He pauses for another moment and when he speaks again, his voice is strong and grim, "Now we await the triumphant."

You cock your head.

You say, "Yes. I would say it can find you Necromancers."

The dock quickly disappears from view as the skiff picks up speed from the powerful sweeps of the singing Elven rowers.

Khurek gestures at a silver-edged lochaber axe. A deep indigo glow surrounds a silver-edged lochaber axe.

Khurek slings his axe over his shoulder.

Khurek asks, "Do you know the Lyba Khalo?"

You say, "Of her. I don't think I've ever met her in person."

You tug on your ear.

You say, "I'm Caelumia by the way. If you don't know my name, I shall take it as a compliment, if it's all the same."

Khurek chortles softly at some secret joke.

Khurek says, "You are well known in the temple."

You say, "Figures."

You mumble something under your breath.

You get a carved ivory box labeled "StressRelief" from inside your suede haversack.

You open your ivory box.

You say, "Just bloody figures. Years ago, too."

You get a thin silver-leaf cigarillo from inside your ivory box.

You close your ivory box.

You ask, "You smoke?"

Khurek shakes his head.

You put your box in your suede haversack.

You get a gleaming metallic-red cinder beast with glittering onyx claws from inside your suede haversack.

You quickly flick the switch on the back of the beast, pointing it at a thin silver-leaf cigarillo as flames shoot out the creature's mouth,

making the cigarillo quickly catch fire.

You say, "I figure it pays to be polite to the people with the legal power to detain and torture me to death."

You put your beast in your suede haversack.

A shimmering mirror of shadows appears momentarily in the air above, briefly revealing Vansiil's face.

You waggle your fingers mystically.

Khurek says, "Despite what they told me about you, you seem to have learned to hold your tongue when it's wise to do so."

Khurek says, "And I will remember this interesting lunar gift."

You say, "I'm a quick learner, where my organs and the integrity thereof is concerned."

You say, "I must ask. Why Aldauth? Perhaps that's too personal a question."

Khurek says, "It is."

You say, "I suppose asking you much of anything would not be very fruitful."

You ask, "I get the sense you are used to doing the asking, hm?"

Khurek says, "Questioning a priest's choice of faith is one of the things that anger me much."

Khurek says, "In any way."

You say, "I wouldn't question your faith. You're clearly quite devout."

Khurek asks, "Did you have business in Forfedhdar too?"

You say, "I just know most priests tend to have stories they like to tell."

You look at Khurek and shrug.

You say, "I have business everywhere."

Khurek says, "Perhaps you should give lessons to some of its people. They don't seem to worry about keeping their organs intact as much as you

do."

You say, "I have been meaning to pick up makeup on Ain Ghazal. I figure now is as good a time as any - Fate tends to push you in the right

direction if you let it."

You look at Khurek and shrug.

You say, "Well. Vansiil."

You gaze up at the sky.

You say, "Pethians, you know. They gouge their own eyes out and everything."

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

>per Xibar is dominant, Yavash is moderate, while Katamba's influence is weak. Stellar Magic and Psychic Projection spells are favored. Your blue moonbeam should last about thirty-eight more roisaen or until Xibar sets. Your red moonbeam should last about nine more roisaen or until Yavash sets. You sense that Vansiil just located you here, and you are able to backtrace his location to Gondola, Cab South. You sense the Distant Gaze spell upon you, which should last until you lose your moonbeam or RELEASE GAZE. Roundtime: 3 sec.

R>pre thou Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required. That won't affect your current attunement very much. You deftly waggle your fingers in the precise motions needed to prepare the Thoughtcast spell while silently pleading with Huldah to take no interest in your current endeavors.

>harn 15 You tap into the mana from fifteen of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you. Roundtime: 3 seconds

>cast vansii I had a beam at the Ain Ghazal dock you know, for you guys. But noo. You gesture. The mana you were holding contributes to the spell. You focus your mind on sending a message to Vansiil.

Khurek says, "The nosy Elf? He will find a pickle in his eye socket if he offers me one again."

You say, "His pickles aren't very good, to be honest."

You say, "Don't really blame you for turning it down. And I love a good pickle."

You ask, "Does Tallis still think it's Maelshyve?"

Khurek asks, "What is?"

You say, "The thing, the entity. The Hunger."

Khurek shrugs.

Khurek says, "Whatever it is, the relic unravels its influence easily enough."

You arch your eyebrow.

You ask, "It...does?"

You say, "But it eats. Everything. Anything that comes into contact with it."

You say, "It tried to devour the Clerics that perceived her."

Khurek says, "Ah, you mean Lyras herself. We won't know that part unless you can chain her down at my dungeon."

The skiff lightly taps the dock and the skilled River Elf crew quickly secure the skiff to the pilings.

You sigh.

You say, "I am less worried about little petty necromancers."

"Get your things, folks," the captain belts out, "We won't be staying here more than four roisaen and then it's back to the river."

You say, "I am worried about the big hungry one."

Khurek says, "And my job is the opposite."

A shimmering mirror of shadows appears momentarily in the air above, briefly revealing Vansiil's face.

Khurek shrugs.

Temple Inquisitor Khurek went over to the Ain Ghazal Dock.

>go dock [Ain Ghazal, East Pier] Subtle light gleams from bronze lanterns hung from a couple of tall poles, leaving shadows along a wood pier that juts off from the hard packed ground. The pier provides a sturdy transition from road to river conveyance, with its beams wide enough for large beasts to go safely aboard. The river's brisk waters beat against the rocks below with a wild rhythm, while a sign nearby warns of their danger. You also see a birch skiff and a side pier. Also here: Temple Inquisitor Khurek. Obvious paths: west.

You dust yourself off.

You ask, "You have business with the Lyba Khalo then?"

Khurek nods to you.

You say, "Private I assume."

Khurek says, "Yes. I don't know when I can see her. I imagine I'll have to stay here for a few days."

You say, "It's a good place to be stuck."

You get a tear-shaped star sapphire from inside your velvet bag.

You offer your star sapphire to Khurek, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

You say, "An extra one, just in case."

Khurek has accepted your offer and is now holding a tear-shaped star sapphire.

Khurek nods to you.

Khurek puts his sapphire in his leather pack.

Khurek says, "Very good."

Khurek gazes up at the chateau and frowns.

You say, "It's a fine place."

You ask, "Ever been?"

Khurek shakes his head.

Khurek says, "We'll see."

You say, "Good luck then, I suppose."

You scrunch your eyebrows together and furrow your brow.

Khurek lifts the long chain from which his vulture symbol hangs, brushing his lips against the raised image of the vulture.

Temple Inquisitor Khurek just went west.



Rev. Reene

This message was originally posted in Events and Happenings in DragonRealms' Elanthia (13) \ General Discussions - Events in General (OOC) (5), by IDONS-BUDDY on the play.net forums.