|Missing or Incomplete Creature Information Needed|
|To add any of the missing information listed above, use THIS FORM.|
The lava drake is a creature of raw incandescence drawn straight from the molten heart of Elanthia. Resembling a small angiswaerd, the construct is the length of a full-grown Gor'Tog and is protected by a multitude volcanic rock scales that cover its molten body from snout to tail. The creature is constantly changing and reforming, its form as fluid as its substance, but it tends to have a sinuous, low-slung body supported by four sturdy legs. Its fiery maw is crowded with razor-sharp teeth, and its eyes are pits of white-hot fire. Shrouded in a mantle of shifting flames, the lava drake leaves smoldering footprints wherever it goes.
You recall that these fiery lava constructs first appeared south of the Greater Fist after a terrible explosion rocked the area, scarring the earth with a massive crater. The lava drakes were sighted shortly afterwards, though it is impossible to say if their appearance after the blast is more than coincidence. The creature's form is as fluid as its substance hurts to its body are simply erased as it changes and reforms. Though vaguely dragonish in form, the drakes are not fire-breathers, though have been known to breathe superheated dust and ash at those who trespass in their territory. You recall rumors that the drakes are sentinels for some more fell creature which abides in the collapsed ruins of a black marble edifice.
They are not known to cast any recognized spells.
They are not known to carry loot in locked boxes.
- Immune to fire, but not weapon/armor flare or fire ammo.
- Can heal by burrowing.
- Equipped with a natural shield (like armadillos), which makes them harder to hit with weapons than most natural creatures. Adult wyverns (level 160) are actually easier to hit.
- Immune to barbarian Earthquake
- Bursts out of the ground to ambush.
- Successful special attacks give varying roundtimes for a short duration.
- A lava drake rears back and opens its fiery maw, unleashing a gout of scorching air and dust directly into your eyes!
- Dust flies into your eyes and clumps up, seriously hindering your vision!
- As the cloud of dirt sails towards you, you manage to sidestep out of the way!
- The dirt cloud sails on further, dissipating into tiny brown specks which glide back down to the ground.
- 1400+ ranks of skinning for perfect.