You are Wildling Karisalthna Windrustle of Elanthia, an Elven Ranger.
You have an angular face, pointed ears, tilted almond-shaped stormy grey eyes and a freckled nose. Your ash-blonde hair is long and fine, and is worn braided. You have tanned skin and a lithe figure.
You are a bit over average height for an Elf.
You are an adult.
You have a tattoo of an iron rose with razor-toothed leaves on your wrist.
Race: Wind Elf
Karis was born on the 29th day of the 9th month of Dolefaren the Brigantine (ship) in the year of the Bronze Wyvern, 330 years after the victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
She lived her formative years on the plains of Ilithi, amongst the Zaldi Taipa - the Horse Clan. There she absorbed her love of the free places and there were many times where her mother was found on the edge of the nomads' campsite yelling for her wild daughter to come home.
A nomad's life is never an easy one and is always subject to the dangers of the roads and travel. This lesson was driven home when Karis returned with one of the smaller herds to find the camp in disarray - tents burned or knocked over, friends walking around covered in blood, bleeding or looking lost as they held the remains of their clothes tight to their bodies. Her parents were only two lost, but from that day she knew that she would defend those she loved with everything she had to give.
Once it was time for her to leave the herd she receive her blessings and set off to speak with Kalika and follow the Path of the Wilds. It was there in the guild, where she was missing home and debating finding her way without anyone to help her through all the trials when she met Kasrendyr, a Human Ranger who was much more knowledgeable. He took her under his wing and showed her the trails (so to speak). They became so close that he adopted her as his daughter.
A few years passed and Kasrendyr met Shenae, an Elven Cleric to Hodierna. As these things go, they fell in love and married. Karis continued on her journey and eventually traveled beyond the known Provinces for many years before returning just recently.
Upon her return she found her family and some few friends that remained, and began re-establishing her place in the provinces. She officially took her father's name, Windrustle, and marveled at the business venture he had started with RKM Curios.
She made new friends in Faehlan and Kenamer and the rest of The Theren Guard. Friendship turned into something more with Kenamer and now their friends and family wait to hear when the wedding will be.
In the meantime she decided to practice her family's traditional skills and has begun gentling and training horses. One can find listings of the horses she has trained in various marketplaces.
Standard Training Package: Leadrope, Saddle, Kneel, Jump, Animalistic Race Tolerance
Combat Training Package: Combat, Jousting, Tolerance of Magic, to fight with Paladins
Trick Training Package: Beg/Sit, Prance, Rear/Spin
- The blue roan horse is fifteen hands high with a black coat that has white hairs interspersed throughout. It has a black mane and tail. The gelding has a narrow white stripe running from below the left eye to just above the nostrils (think lightening bolt).
- The medium bay horse is sixteen hands high with a medium reddish brown colored coat and light brown highlights. It has a black mane and tail. The gelding has a white marking on the fetlock of the left hind leg.
- The silver grey horse is fifteen hands high with a medium dark grey coat and white highlights. It has a light grey mane and tail. The mare has a narrow white stripe running from below the right eye to just above the nostrils (think lightening bolt).
- The dapple grey horse is fifteen hands high with a light grey coat mottled with darker spots on the hindquarters. It has a grey mane and tail. The gelding has a small white mark centered on the forehead.
- An archer's blood-wolf-pelt bracer-One of the first pieces crafted by Kasrendyr, now a Master Craftsman.
- A sage-green cloth hair wrap dangling with a beaded eagle feather-From her Clan
- Some dyed hunting leathers - From her Clan
- Images expertly carved into the surface resemble several different wildland environments and painstakingly dyed to enhance the effect, these leathers look like they will easily blend into any environment. The masterfully crafted straps and buckles are padded with dark silk in a design intended to help muffle any possible sound. There appears to be something written on it. "Designed for a Huntress of the Wind Elves."
- Some fitted leather riding boots - From her Clan
- Cleverly applied dyes across each boot shaft depict a gryphon, wings spread wide as it searches for prey, soaring through a pastel sunset. Precise tooling depicts wild horses galloping freely across grassy plains, which overlays each boot from heel to toe. A hawk with mantled wings is etched on the sole of each boot to allow for traction. A short phrase is burned into the top rim of one boot. "Ride well, daughter of Horse Clan."
- A glittering friendship ring mounted with a carved ivory rose-Given to her by Faehlan
- Set on a band of masterfully sculpted diamondique, the fragile white petals partially curl open like a real bud.
- An antiqued filigree clasp overlaid with a crimson shield bearing the embossed gold image of a rearing silvery gryphon-Given by Aaiyaah during her Oathing Ceremony
- A regal gryphon segreant, upon a crimson field, holds a white rose in one talon and clenches a gold and crimson streamer in the other. Meticulously etched across the streamer is a flowing inscription. A filigree clasp reads:"Justice not Law, Deeds not Words."