Item:Lucid crystalline ampoule
|lucid crystalline ampoule|
|Look:||The liquid sealed inside the crystalline ampoule is clear and free of impurities.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 22,500 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Return to the Keep 423/End loot|
The ampoule absorbs and/or dampens minor sorcerous backlash gained from both sorcerous spellcasting as well as sorcerous magical research.
- STUDY: Recalling what you've heard about the crystalline ampoule, you believe you could WEAR it for limited protection against the violent backlashes sometimes produced by sorcerous spellcasting. You can also ADJUST the ampoule to change where it is worn.
- ADJUST (while neck worn): You loop and knot the ampoule's silken cord, readying it to be secured to a belt.
- ADJUST (while belt worn): You untie the knot in the ampoule's silken cord, allowing it to dangle freely again.
The follow messaging is displayed when the ampoule reacts to sorcerous backlash:
- Your crystalline ampoule shudders and sways as if buffeted by an invisible wind! Writhing motes of bluish shadow coalesce around the tiny vessel and are drawn into its liquid depths, leaving the ampoule dimmer than it was before.
- Your crystalline ampoule shudders and sways as if buffeted by an invisible wind! Writhing motes of bluish shadow coalesce around the tiny vessel and are drawn into its liquid depths, leaving the ampoule completely darkened.
Although lacking a definite magical pattern, the liquid sealed within the crystalline ampoule seems mildly reactive.
An inherent instability in its mana resistance indicates an ability to absorb the chaotic energies released during minor sorcerous backlashes, as well as dampen the effect of others.
You believe the ampoule has the capacity to absorb energy from five more backlashes.
This crystalline ampoule cannot be upgraded with potency crystals.
An infuser stone can be used to remove some of the sorcerous impurities that accumulate within the ampoule during use, refreshing its ability to absorb backlashes.
An infuser stone would be ineffective now, because the crystalline ampoule is already perfectly clear and clean.
Applying an infuser stone before the ampoule's liquid is fully befouled by sorcerous impurities can waste some of the stone's potential.
Applying an infuser stone restores 3 charges, and the ampoule can hold up to 5 charges.