Item:Faded salt-stained scroll
|faded salt-stained scroll|
|Look:||This is a Bardic scroll, enscribed with the non-magical Bard chant "Elanthian Sea Chanty". It must be studied to be used. If it is being read by another, no one but that person can study it.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 6,250 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||2 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Item:Black spidersilk haversack decorated with silvery shooting stars, Curse of the Ghost Ship, Black spidersilk haversack decorated with silvery shooting stars|
You begin to sing "Elanthian Sea Chanty" by an unknown author.
- "He didn't rest peaceful, he haunted and shrieked,
- To me, way-hey, pass the rum 'round.
- A tight roll of paper was held in his beak.
- Give me some time to drink this rum down."
- "I took yonder scroll and I read it aloud,
- Way-hey, oh what a sound.
- Dead Jonesy watched from his ghost-feathered shroud.
- Just like most times, my troubles compound."
- "A new mania be now storming the sea,
- Yo ho, the vast oceans abound.
- Be ye highest of classes or just bourgeoisie,
- Give it a look, but don' get yerself drown'd."
- "I thought to m'self, 'What be a bourgeoisie?'
- Way-hey, it makes me heart pound.
- A twelve-headed monster it must surely be,
- And in no time, I put ship t' ground."
- "And now the cruel and dark oceans surround,
- Yo ho, I'm scared of the sea.
- That critter be waitin' to sink me ship down,
- It waits for all time, that cursed bourgeoisie."
The song closes.