Item:Dark asketine runestone
|dark asketine runestone|
|Look:||You see nothing unusual.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 3,750 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Trading Post (1), Sierack's Reagents (obsolete), Sierack's Reagents, Random creature drop|
- You easily recognize the runestone, the first and most iconic magical device. By charging the runestone with mana, or otherwise invoking it, it will produce the framework of the spell pattern that has been carved into it. While the spell will not function in this state, it serves as a guide to allow magicians to prepare spells they do not know.
- Runestones function due to the presence of hollows and channels in a mass of mana-resisting material. The resistance causes carefully harnessed mana to avoid the mass entirely, saturating the hollow components instead. Naturally occurring runestones, though freakishly rare, may have been the source of mankind's first spells. Today, runestones are often constructed by carefully carving and bonding together multiple layers of mana-resistant wood or rock, or through sand casting mana-resistant metal.
- You focus your magical senses on a dark asketine runestone.
- Though not actively magical, the runestone is made out of a material that resists the flow of mana. Tiny tunnels and furrows are present in the runestone, which form the shape of a spell pattern.
- You recognize the pattern of the Compost spell.
- You should get six more spells out of the runestone before it wears out.