Item:Clouded glass mirror fragment
|clouded glass mirror fragment|
|Look:||Functions as a normal mirror, shows reflection.|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Guildfest 412/Auction|
This is a fragment of mirror recovered from the ruins of the Lesser Fist Moon Mage guild. Its properties are unknown, but lunar enchanters suspect that it may alter fate in some way.
You recognize the pattern as a tangled skien of Lunar and Holy magic.
The pattern manifests as a series of curves within the nominally two-dimensional surface of the fragment. Analysis of the pattern shows that its geometrical structure is made up of many fractal-like layers.
Each cross section appears to be a fractal at all perceivable scales.
- STUDY: Looking at your fragment, you feel certain that you could EXHALE, INVOKE, CLEAN, FOCUS, PEER, LOOK and TAP it.
- EXHALE: You steadily exhale against your mirror fragment, your breath misting its surface. The glass slowly clears, but it looks much the same as it did before, though it feels slightly cold to the touch.
- INVOKE (stuns): All color abruptly leaves the reflections in the mirror, the world painted in stark shades of black and white. Your consciousness is battered by a vast force, brutally superimposing your current state with that of a previous incarnation, the inconsistencies between the two grown huge and painful -- a massive, unbridgeable gap. With painful suddenness the two states are simply forced together, the world around you a maddening blur of black, white, and puce. Your minds resists this impossible union, but your mental endurance collapses against the onslaught, leaving your head awash in a confusion of half-remembered knowledge. Your body, as well as your mind, seems changed.
- CLEAN: As you buff your fragment's cloudy glass, you notice the world reflected in it seems to be moving at a slightly different pace than the one you see around you. Now slower, now faster, it seems correct on average, but not instantaneously. For a moment you sense an underlying pattern in the reflections, but before you can fully articulate it in your mind it slips from your mental grasp, leaving you with the beginnings of a headache.
- PEER: You peer into the cloudy depths of your mirror fragment. For a short moment a fractionally younger version of yourself peers back.
- TAP: You absently tap the cloudy glass surface of your mirror fragment. Out of the corner of your eye you catch a glimpse of the fingers of a pale, withered hand tapping back -- from the inside.
Time moves in fits and starts, each moment staggering drunkenly through a nauseating range of unnatural speeds. Faces present themselves to you, clouded and distorted as if viewed through a pane of imperfect glass. Many look but fail to see. Others look and see and avert their eyes, refusing to acknowledge a hard truth. One face returns time and again, her handsome face framed with sleek black locks. Jade eyes haunt you.
The final face is that of a bald Human, his features shivering between two disparate states tanned and in good health, with amber eyes, and emaciated and unshorn with frozen white eyes.
He is the last thing you behold before everything is obliterated in incandescence.
Reality shatters around you.
With a start, you find yourself drawn back to the reality of the here and now.