Item:Antiqued platinum compass on a leather fob
|antiqued platinum compass on a leather fob|
|Look:||Patina has been added to the once-bright metal, giving it a timeworn appearance. The compass features a hinged lid faintly embossed with interlocking alchemical and mathematical symbols. A braided grey leather chain loops through the large metal ring piercing the top of the tool.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 100,000 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Gear Shop (5), Gear Shop (4), Gear Shop (3), Gear Shop (2)|
- STUDY: As you study the compass, you think you could probably TURN, PUSH, TAP and NIBBLE it.
- TURN: You turn your compass, trying to get the needle to stop moving. It doesn't.
- Others see: <Person> turns <his/her> compass this way and that, but doesn't seem to be having any luck.
- PUSH: You point your compass until the needle lines up with north. Now you know which way north is!
- Others see: <Person> points <his/her> compass until its needle lines up with north. <He/She> appears pleased with herself!
- TAP: You tap your compass, causing the needle to spin wildly. How will you find your way now?
- Others see: <Person> taps <his/her> compass, causing the needle to spin wildly. Hopefully, no one left <him/her> in charge of directions.
- NIBBLE: In a moment of true exasperation, you try biting the compass when nothing else works. That doesn't work either, except now your teeth hurt.
- Others see: <Person> bites down on <his/her> compass, looking exasperated. <He/She> then winces in pain, looking like <he/she> didn't accomplish much.