A traveling toy maker. Mentioned being cast out by his town and family because of his legs and the assumption it would prevent him from achieving anything.
First appeared as a tinker, travelling around the realms selling dolls. Later these dolls became animated and attempted to steal the limbs of their owners.
Was likely involved in the creation and rampage of the bone amalgams, as they appeared not long after his dolls animated.
Was involved in the lead up to Hollow Eve Festival 396.
You see Artisan Hobglup, a Dwarven Tinker.
He has a square-jawed face with faint laugh lines and keen steel grey eyes. His raven-black hair is shoulder length and thick, and is worn neatly combed back from his forehead. His pale, leathery skin is almost the color of fresh wax.
A shaggy black beard and mustache have been knotted around a thick chunk of plain ivory, its end reaching to the knees of his stubby and malformed legs, each of which has been carefully strapped to the small platform in front of his wheeled chair.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a scuffed tinker's pack, a simple leather tunic, some ragged trousers and some ill-fitting leather boots.
Current Description (10/27/2009)
You see Madman Hobglup, a Dwarven Bonetinker.
His once square-jawed face droops at the edges and his steel grey eyes gleam with mad ferocity. Wispy white hair hangs in tangled clumps across the brilliant ivory pieces grafted to his face and forehead.
A shaggy white beard hangs in tangled, greasy mats while the tips are tied around tiny bone beads that continually drum against the thighs of his malformed legs. He is held aloft by a platform sporting six additional bone legs, leaving his natural, deformed pair dangling uselessly below. The ivory legs are an amalgam of animal and humanoid bones, each fused solidly to the next.
- Giggling madly, Hobglup gestures in a wide arc about him. After a very brief moment of nothing happening, many pairs of ivory hammers fly from his tinker's pack!
- Clattering forward on their oddly segmented ivory handles, the hammers jerk about in an almost elegant serpentine dance. As they come within a few feet of you, they launch themselves directly at your head, causing the heavy bone to crash against your head, bludgeoning you unconscious.
- Giggling madly, Hobglup gestures in a wide arc about him. After a very brief moment of nothing happening, a multitude of sharpened ivory forks explode from his tinker's pack and start to charge!
- Clattering forward on their gleaming ivory tines, the forks jerk about in an almost elegant dance of flashing white. As they come within a few feet of you, they launch themselves directly at your face, the sharpened spikes leading the way as they savagely lodge into the soft flesh!
- * Moving with grace, Hobglup throws an ivory-handled file at you. You evade.
- The ivory-handled file lands nearby!
Hobglup slowly folds in on himself, the pale skin of his body drying and shriveling. The bone structure attached to his body shudders violently, each individual piece losing cohesion to fall in a lifeless heap. What little is left of the Dwarf slowly crumbles to a fine dust that is blown away by the frigid winter breeze.