This is one very large beast. It has an extremely thick coat of course white hair and a long snout with a black nose at the end. Small icicles hang off the ridge of the mouth and chunks of snow are embedded everywhere in the fur. Of course the predominate features are the large sharp teeth and huge claws attached to the paws. Most likely used to dig into the ice or tear its current prey apart easily.
The frostweyr bear is very large compared to its mundane kin. It has an extremely thick coat of course white hair and a long snout with a black nose at the end. Small icicles hang off the ridge of its mouth, and chunks of snow are embedded everywhere in the bear's fur. The author seems to have taken especial care in rendering the large sharp teeth and huge claws. In one corner a note indicates that the roar of the bear can freeze the breath in the throat of its prey, resulting in suffocation.
Roar (AOE, Missile)
The bear roars loudly and the air itself vibrates! The temperature grows noticeably colder and colder, as your nose and mouth begin to freeze.
Successful dodge messaging:
You slowly and carefully inhale a breath.
Swipe (Knockback, Melee)
Throws you out of the room, and leaving you prone and stunned. Can easily hit you even if you are well above the bear's abilities.
The bear sits back on its haunches and then faster than the eye can blink it quickly springs, taking a powerful swipe with its paw!
- Note: Defense based on Stamina and Evasion. You need the evasion to dodge it and the stamina to resist it. With a courage on, swipes went from knocking me from room to room, to just knocking me down with a small stun.
- Hard caps at ~270 ranks.
- Evasion and armor slow down heavily at 226.
- Weapons really start to slow down just shy of 200.
- Skinning still training crazy good at 270 skinning.
- Tactics hard caps at 250.