Prydaenese is the native language of Prydaens.
Prydaenese Language Books
- ai: long I as in "eye"
- aa: long A as in "fate" or short A as in "bat"
Grammatical Structure and Sentence Setup
- yr before vowels
- y before consonants
- a/an - a
- one - mal
- some - ara
- few - kovuda
- many - chichafai
- none - gamil
- not - gonivi
- Used to denote the tense of a verb or on their own. These are used BEFORE a verb to denote when it is happening.
Pluralization of Nouns
Performed with a suffix of en. If the noun ends in e, only the n is added.
- Wolf - grotane
- Wolves - grotanen.
Verb - Subject - Object
Sentence structure and modifications happen at the beginning of the sentence rather than at the end of a word to indicate some grammatical features.
- Rather than modifying the verb, Prydaenese makes use of modification verbs to describe the tense of the action. The same setup would be used if the verb were running rather than runs.
|The woman runs.
||Ao hafaba y yilma.
||Is run the woman.
- Here, we have two subjects. Keep the same structure in the order of intention.
|The fruit is not a boot
||Ao a pahoka gonivi a ranaba.
||Is a fruit not a boot.
- Fairly simple break down here. We have the pluralization of the noun with suffix "en" and "my" is the modifer to the subject, so it comes before it.
- Using future tense, we modify the verb and the introduce the subject, then follow it with each modification that applies to the next subject, and so forth.
|I will hunt the brown deer and the black wolves.
||Chryea gecha ez y vigiyo rerataien grur y yuguru grotanen.
||Will be hunt I the brown deer and the black wolves.
- 1-10, 100, 1000, 10,000, and 100,000 are represented by their own words.
- Multiples of ten are created by combining the single number with "ten"
- Example: 30 - (three)(ten) - faiveg
- For 11-99, adding a a number of the one's place is done with "grur" (and). The order follows the same grammatical order of Prydaenese where the number is described essentially backwards.
- Example: 32 (two and (three)(ten)) - riz grur faiveg
Number Reference Table
||mal grur veg
||mal grur rizveg
|one hundred twenty seven
||chru grur rizveg daiv
|two hundred twenty seven
||chru grur rizveg rizdaiv
|one thousand twenty seven
||chru grur rizveg vil
|two thousand twenty seven
||chru grur rizveg rizvil
|nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine
||jio grur jioveg jiodaiv jiovil