Category:Progeny of Tezirah
The Progeny of Tezirah is a sect of Moon Mages focusing on shadow magic, politics, and magical research. The Progeny of Tezirah is an offshoot of the original sect known as the Saesordian Cabal, which was founded by a magess named Tezirah. Tezirah lived during the time of the Empire of the Seven-Pointed Star and was found guilty of practicing sorcery. She was said to have been executed near the site of the present-day city of the Crossing, but it's believed by many that she escaped into the plane of probability just as she was executed.
Alicia Crowther, the sixth signatory of the Lunar Accord, was the one responsible for creating the modern day sect known as the Progeny of Tezirah. Historically the Progeny of Tezirah is a matriarchy and has always been headed and represented by the Crowther family. The Crowthers are well respected, and few doubt their abilities. Like many Tezirites, the Crowthers are known for their skill and artistry with shadow magic. The Progeny of Tezirah maintains a sound political presence in Ilithi and is one of the keystones of the Moon Mage Guild.
More information can be found in:
- A Study of the Progeny of Tezirah by Lorethew Arkelli Feirgetha
- A Brief History of the Guild of Moon Magic by Kssarh T'kinnirii, Apprentice to Guildmaster Tiv
- Shadows, Symbolism, The Matriarchy, and The Divide by GM Armifer
Sect Representative Speech
A scarlet-robed mage leans forward and speaks to you about this sect. "The Progeny of Tezirah was originally formed by a magess named Tezirah Eilsina. During the times of the Empire, any slightly questionable act of magic was dubbed as 'sorcery,' and shamefully, Tezirah was accused. Officially, she was executed near the present day city of the Crossing, but many believe she managed to cast one final spell of vengeance on her would-be murderers, escaping into the Plane of Probabilty.
"Some distastefully claim that it is Tezirah who attacks Moon Mages as they tap the Plane of Probability via prediction, appearing in the form of a bat-winged skull.
"Historically, the Crowther family has always represented the Progeny of Tezirah on the Council of Moon Mages, beginning with Alicia Crowther, the sixth signatory of the Lunar Accord. The Crowthers are well respected, and few doubt their abilities. Like many Tezirites, the Crowthers are known for their skill and artistry with shadow magic."
- Delicate stitchery along the edges of the sash display the words “Our Method, Evolution.”
Other Common Symbols
- The symbol of Tezirah, what looks like a stylized, upturned Q
- Scrying Mirror
- A bat-winged skull
Tezirites are known for being masters of shadow and darkness. They earn their titles based on Arcana and Stealth.
Their first title is granted upon entry into the Progeny, while two are prediction based, and four are based on the aforementioned Arcana and Stealth.
Affiliation title requirements are unknown, but likely circle based. Speak with the sect representative to gain access to the affiliation title.
- Master of Shadows / Mistress of Shadow
- Sibowen (appear):
- With Shadows cast, no stun Teleport to a Katamba moonbeam and leaves you in hiding. Also has several descriptive unhide casts.
- Shaderald (shade):
- Creates a Shaderald to announce arrival.
- Sibo Nijare (blade):
- Changes look of a Moonblade with small stat modification.
- Veiled Identity (face):
- Changes the appearance of your face.
Speak with the sect representative to gain access to this sect spell preparation.
Unknown requirements, possibly circle based.
Requires the Alternate Preparations feat to use.
- With a sly smile, an innocent Tezirite murmurs a tenebrous phrase.
You close your eyes and hold the ironwood casket in both hands, focusing your thoughts solely on the object. When you feel adequately centered, you mutter a cryptic phrase and open your eyes. Shadows spider-web their way out from your hands and encompass the ironwood casket, obscuring it from view. The sound of wood splintering issues forth from the shadows and you hold your focus just long enough before you allow the shadows to recede, revealing your now empty hands.
- Lady Erzebet Crowther-Devare is credited with perfecting the Shadows spell, and single-handedly creating the Shadow Servant, and Shadow Court Spells.
Sect Hall - Banister Mausoleum
- The Progeny of Tezirah maintains a sound political presence in Ilithi and the Crowther family in particular is said to be very proud of the gardens surrounding Shard's Great Tower. It is no secret at all that their personal Elven landscapers have nearly [sic] a free hand in that city, and among their finest works are the impeccably grown trees and shrubbery.
Seord Sanuso Hall
- "Seord Sanuso" translated from Gamgweth means "Dark Diviner".
- Tezirite only housing is located within this hall.
Related Forum Posts
- Player Progeny - Players that associate their characters with the Progeny of Tezirah
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Player Progeny of Tezirah (5 P)