Post:The Bizarre Case of the Suw Bizar - 11/05/2014 - 23:50

From elanthipedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The Bizarre Case of the Suw Bizar · on 11/05/2014 11:50 PM CST 2484
This article has been tagged for wikification.
In other words, the format needs a bit of cleaning up and wikicode added to it.
Check Articles for wikification for more articles needing wikification.


(Sorry, quite a bit wordy. Weren't sure what to edit out, everything seemed important one way or another!

This all happened a few days ago. The bizar have attacked Crossing twice since then, with Guyatheas showing people how to feed them...)

~ ~ ~

Guyatheas says, "I sat outside the gate killing them invaders for long time too they taught my defense but not weapon skill." You ponder. You meekly ask, "What kind of invaders?" Guyatheas says, "The bizars." Guyatheas says, "There were hundreds of them." Guyatheas says, "They are still there." Whiteburn asks, "Even now?" Guyatheas says, "They just keep coming." Whiteburn's tail stands rigid against her back, the scales along it lifting to form an alarmed, serrated edge. Guyatheas says, "Yes." Whiteburn says, "I did not know there were invasions around here..." Whiteburn frowns. You blink. Guyatheas says, "Right outside north gate." Whiteburn says, "I have been spending most of my days either in Crossing or Haven..." You meekly say, "I would like to see them..." Whiteburn nods. Whiteburn says, "Me too." Guyatheas says, "I can stab some." Guyatheas nods. You glance at Whiteburn. Her features are hard to make out. You beam!

(And so...)

[Southern Trade Route, Road to Shard] Wyvern Mountain towers far into the sky to the southwest, a monument to time and myth. East of it reclines Shard, a shimmer of light against the omnipresent darkness of the glowering peak. You also see a muddy trail, a suw bizar and a suw bizar. Also here: Guardsman Guyatheas and Scofflaw Whiteburn. Obvious paths: northeast, east, south.

> look biz You see a suw bizar. The suw bizar is in good shape. It is wearing some soggy leather armor. It is carrying a curved dagger.

You peer quizzically at a suw bizar. The suw bizar begins to advance on Guyatheas. The suw bizar begins to advance on Whiteburn. The suw bizar begins to advance on you!

> app biz You are certain that the suw bizar is healthy. You are certain that the suw bizar has an incredible spirit that is healthy. You are certain that it is definitely weaker than you are. You are certain that it is definitely less agile than you are. You are certain that it is quite a bit less disciplined than you are. You are certain that it is definitely less quick to react than you are. You are certain that it is significantly less conditioned than you are. Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a white target shield and a white-lacquered parry stick with embroidered white straps, you are certain that the suw bizar is definitely less skilled. Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with your fists, you are certain that the suw bizar is a creature completely beneath your notice.

Whiteburn stares blankly at a suw bizar. You ponder. Whiteburn says, "Interesting.." Guyatheas chuckles.

> describe bizar Looking like some sort of deformed octopus, the suw bizar is little more than a collection of water contained within a thin membranous lining. Several tentacles branch out from its bulbous head, each laden with smaller sprouts that may one day become tentacles themselves. Though clearly a creature of wet environs, its muscular tentacles look adept for pulling it over dry land when necessary.

A series of watery spikes protrude from a suw bizar but vanish just as quickly as they appeared. A suw bizar gestures. A weak clap of thunder booms through the area, rattling the teeth in your jaw. Though the noise is loud and jarring, you are unaffected.

A suw bizar's tentacles beat the air wildly as it sways to and fro.

Whiteburn glares. Guyatheas lands a heavy strike that pokes the thrusting blade into the bizar's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!). A suw bizar loses its cohesion, fading to an inky blotch upon the ground. The shimmering ethereal shield fades from around an inky blotch. With calm movements you prepare your body for the Innocence spell. Working deftly, Guyatheas skillfully removes a stubby tentacle from the remains of an inky blotch. Guyatheas carefully fits a stubby tentacle into his bundle. A swirl of air dries the inky blotch, causing it to fade away completely. You meekly say, "Silly little things." Whiteburn gestures, muttering a quiet riddle. A pair of immense ghostly hands sweep forward to grasp a suw bizar in a translucent embrace! The ghostly hands interlock their wispy fingers, locking themselves tightly around a suw bizar. Guyatheas nods. Whiteburn exclaims, "No magic!" You gesture. Tapering ribbons of soft yellow extend across the area, pausing to dance in swirls and eddies. A suw bizar loses all track of harmful intention toward you and disengages. A suw bizar stops advancing upon you. A series of bubbles erupt on the surface of a suw bizar as it oozes back and forth. Guyatheas says, "They like to thuderclapp." Guyatheas nods. A suw bizar glowers as it makes a series of gestures. A waterball quickly forms in the air before the bizar. Before it can do anything with the waterball, it loses its shape and rains back downards. The suw bizar grunts. You meekly say, "I am going to see what else is going on at the other gates..." You wander south.

(And so... Nakori comes across Gordorack, just as he is done fighting them further south down the bridge.)

[Shard, Diamond Street] Shops and homes rise up on either side of the street. Warm, time-polished glass cobblestones bubble up along the street, glinting and reflecting the light. Elothean children race by, canvas bags filled with books and papers banging against their backs. In the distance, toward the nexus of the city, the top of a glittering tower of silver brushes up against the clouds. You also see a hickory frame cottage with a gnarled oak tree growing at the side, a cozy brown brick dwelling, a cedar frame hall, a sturdy oak-trimmed house and a stone block cottage. Also here: Gordorack who is emanating a bright holy aura. Obvious paths: north, south.

You lightly touch Gordorack, barely brushing his skin. You feel the transfer beginning as a cold stillness settles in the center of your being and you steel yourself for the impending explosion of pain.

You meekly ask, "What are these?" Gordorack shrugs. You ponder. Gordorack says, "Something to do with the fest." Gordorack chuckles. You meekly ask, "Is anyone else fighting?" Gordorack says, "Something that splats from the sky other than jellyfish but actually attack." You meekly say, "Very strange..." Gordorack says, "Very very low level.. funny watching them land tho." You nibble your lip thoughtfully. You giggle. You meekly say, "I wonder if they will shock me..." You get a steel cutlass with a sharkskin hilt from inside your burlap baldric. Gordorack ponders. You breathe very slowly and deliberately, calming yourself. You wave to Gordorack. You meekly say, "Be safe..." The lingering effects of your Innocence spell fade away. You spin around! You wander north.

(And so...)

[Shard, North Bridge] To the north of this opulent bridge, the Dragon Spine Mountains span the horizon and exhale a dense forest known simply as the Dragon's Breath. The North city gates stand close by, guarded by sharp-eyed soldiers on the city wall. You also see a suw bizar, a suw bizar, a suw bizar, some copper coins and a suw bizar. Obvious paths: north.

You begin to advance on a suw bizar. You close to melee range on a suw bizar. You swing a steel cutlass with a sharkskin hilt at a suw bizar. A suw bizar dodges. The cutlass lands a hard hit to the bizar's right leg.

Pain blossoms within you, your delicate empathic senses singing with agony. You feel the wound to the other life essence almost before it happens, your empathy focusing and magnifying the pain you have caused. You draw back instinctively, your empathy recoiling, leaving you briefly stunned.

You put your cutlass in your burlap baldric. You retreat back to pole range. You retreat from combat. With calm movements you prepare your body for the Innocence spell.

(And then...)

[Southern Trade Route, Road to Shard] Wyvern Mountain towers far into the sky to the southwest, a monument to time and myth. East of it reclines Shard, a shimmer of light against the omnipresent darkness of the glowering peak. You also see a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar and a muddy trail. Also here: Guardsman Guyatheas and Scofflaw Whiteburn who is emanating a malevolent holy aura. Obvious paths: northeast, east, south.

You meekly say, "Well, they do cause shock..." Whiteburn gestures at a suw bizar. You sense the arrival of a dark presence. A suw bizar shudders inwardly, growing rather pale. The suw bizar is stunned! Whiteburn's tail lashes fitfully as she utters a low trill at you. Whiteburn asks, "You tried...?" You nod. Whiteburn winces. Whiteburn asks you, "Are you alright?" You meekly say, "I didn't think them being made of water would make them... living..." Whiteburn asks, "Fighting them has no point... what are they doing here?" Whiteburn's tail undulates in an agitated fashion. Whiteburn asks, "And what do they want?" Guyatheas says, "They wana die." Guyatheas nods. Whiteburn shakes her head. You meekly say, "Gordorack was fighting some... I still need to see the other gates..." Whiteburn balls up her fists stiffly at her side. You wave.

(And so...)

(Meanwhile, Whiteburn:)

You yell, "Who are your masters?!" Guyatheas says, "They stop on crossroad that heads towards east gate." Guyatheas says, "Other gates been clear all day." You say, "They will just be slaughtered... for no reason." You slap the tip of your tail angrily against the ground.


(...nothing happens with Nakori's scouting. She returns.)

You shrug. You meekly exclaim, "Nothing east or west!" You hear the voice of Guyatheas say, "Aye." You meekly ask, "Are they of Drogor?" Guyatheas says, "They just here." You hear the voice of Guyatheas say, "And they keep coming." Whiteburn says, "I do not know... they come from the water, but they may come from fresh water." Guyatheas says, "60 skins gets ya 1 plat dok." Guyatheas nods. You meekly say, "That is a lot of skins." You frown. Whiteburn says, "Perhaps they too are His children... then I may not kill them." Whiteburn retreats from combat. You meekly say, "Eh! All you things, shoo." You wave to a suw bizar. Whiteburn yells, "Be gone! There is nothing but death here...!" The suw bizar waves it tentacles about defensively as it surveys the shadows. The suw bizar lashes a tentacle at Guyatheas's hiding place, forcing him from hiding! The suw bizar discovers Guyatheas, ruining his hiding place!

A suw bizar flails its tentacles hypnotically, and you get the impression that it is trying to communicate with you.

Guyatheas blinks. Guyatheas asks, "It tried to comunicate with me?" Whiteburn stares blankly at a suw bizar. Whiteburn fixes a suw bizar with a calculating stare, her tail growing quite still. You meekly ask, "It did?" Guyatheas says, "Yes." Guyatheas says, "Raised its tentacle trying to comunicate." You meekly exclaim, "How strange!" Whiteburn says, "Stop attacking them, they may be trying to tell us something..." Guyatheas retreats from combat. Whiteburn kneels down. A suw bizar frowns. You meekly exclaim, "Hello! Little slimy water things! How are you!" The suw bizar begins to advance on Guyatheas.

Guyatheas exclaims, "Stop advancing on me or I will stab you squid!" Guyatheas retreats from combat. Guyatheas exclaims, "Your funeral!" You notice Guyatheas slip into a hiding place. Whiteburn snarls. Guyatheas leaps from hiding and ambushes a suw bizar! Guyatheas lands an extremely heavy hit that pricks the bizar's back (Get your needle work out!), lightly stunning it.

The suw bizar continues to flail its tentacles about in an oddly purposeful manner. The longer that you look at it, the more convinced you become that its presence is meant as a sign. Whiteburn stands up. Guyatheas says, "Its trying." The suw bizar waves it tentacles about defensively as it surveys the shadows. Guyatheas chuckles. Whiteburn says, "..."

The flailing suw bizar suddenly becomes encompassed in a net of marine-hued lightning!

From your hiding place you meekly exclaim, "Oaw!" Whiteburn yells, "Children of Drogor, what have you come here for?!" From your hiding place you meekly exclaim, "That's Drogor's lightning!" Whiteburn says, "Aye..." Whiteburn's pupils dilate as she glances around quickly, her tail twitching into a slight "U" shape. Guyatheas exclaims, "Stop trying to kill me or I'll kill you back!" Whiteburn asks you, "These are indeed His beasts, but why is He sending them to Shard?" You meekly say, "Did they get loose? That lightning looked like a net..." Whiteburn rubs her scalp in agitation. Whiteburn says, "Maybe."

The lightning passes, almost as if the creature absorbed it into its body. The suw bizar smacks the ground with all of its tentacles, gestures toward Shard, and then rejoins the fray.

Guyatheas asks, "You all seeing this or is just me?" You meekly say, "I see it..." Whiteburn says, "I am seeing it..." You meekly ask, "Is it... telling us to go to Shard?" You meekly say, "Let's see..." You wander south.

(And so...)

[Shard, Diamond Street] Shops and homes rise up on either side of the street. Warm, time-polished glass cobblestones bubble up along the street, glinting and reflecting the light. Elothean children race by, canvas bags filled with books and papers banging against their backs. In the distance, toward the nexus of the city, the top of a glittering tower of silver brushes up against the clouds. You also see a hickory frame cottage with a gnarled oak tree growing at the side, a cozy brown brick dwelling, a cedar frame hall, a sturdy oak-trimmed house and a stone block cottage. Also here: Gordorack who is emanating a bright holy aura. Obvious paths: north, south.

You meekly say, "They are trying to talk..." You motion to Gordorack. You wander north.

[Shard, North City Gates] The massive gates of the city of Shard rise up to the north. The twin doors of steel-braced ironwood give access to the North Bridge across the Lake of Tears. Somber guards watch on the battlements above. You also see a Shard sentinel, the Sentinel Esharis, a prominent warning sign and a ladder to the top of the wall. Also here: Guardsman Guyatheas and Scofflaw Whiteburn. Obvious paths: east, south, west.

Guardsman Guyatheas came through the North city gates.

Whiteburn wildly exclaims, "The bridge is crawling with monsters! Do something about it!"

Whiteburn flails her arms about. Whiteburn gives the Sentinel Esharis an irritated look, lashing her tail at the air. Whiteburn mutters something into the air about useless guards. Scanning the shadows with her deep eyes, Sentinel Esharis maintains a relaxed demeanor. Guyatheas chuckles. You nibble your lip thoughtfully. The Shard sentinel murmurs something about "criminals everywhere" as he searches the shadows. Guyatheas says, "That is the first time I saw any of that." Guyatheas chuckles. Guyatheas says, "Before they just attack." You meekly say, "You see lots of ... strange things when you spend time with Whiteburn." You glance at Whiteburn. Her features are hard to make out. Whiteburn says to Guyatheas, "These are no mindless creatures." You meekly say, "Drogor... favours her... And I think, if they are his, they know her..." You scratch one ear, feeling bemused. Guyatheas asks, "Mayby they're trying to escape?" You glance up at the sky. Driving rain falls in fierce sheets, stinging like a thousand lashes! Whiteburn glances up at the sky. You meekly ask, "Hey... Let them in?" You peer quizzically at the Sentinel Esharis. The Sentinel Esharis closes her eyes for a moment and goes still. You meekly say, "...well, we are not going to figure out what they want in here..." You pass by the sharp gaze of the Sentinel Esharis who is guarding the city gate. She says, "Farewell, Madam Nakori. Safe journeying!."

[Shard, North Bridge] To the north of this opulent bridge, the Dragon Spine Mountains span the horizon and exhale a dense forest known simply as the Dragon's Breath. The North city gates stand close by, guarded by sharp-eyed soldiers on the city wall. You also see a suw bizar, a suw bizar, a suw bizar, a suw bizar, a suw bizar and a suw bizar. Obvious paths: north.

Scofflaw Whiteburn came through the North city gates. You meekly ask, "Hello! I am Nakori! What is your name?"

Several membranous tentacular creatures fall from the sky in a series of soggy SPLATs! The suw bizar begins to advance on Whiteburn. The suw bizar begins to advance on Whiteburn.

You curtsy to a suw bizar. Guardsman Guyatheas came through the North city gates. Whiteburn flinches. Whiteburn gazes at a suw bizar. You trill at the bizar. You meekly ask, "Can you speak?" (Whiteburn holds out her arms) Guyatheas points at the North city gates. Whiteburn asks, "...You want to go inside, correct?" Whiteburn's eyes darken with thought, and her tail grows very still. Whiteburn asks, "Can you understand...?" Whiteburn points at a suw bizar. Whiteburn points at the North city gates. You meekly say, "They won't let you in here..." You frown. Guyatheas asks, "You speakky common?" A suw bizar frowns. You meekly ask in Prydaenese, "Do you speak Prydaenese?" You tilt your head with a curious expression. Whiteburn mutters to herself. Guyatheas says, "I even try sign language." You meekly say, "Try S'Kra."

A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears Guyatheas's facial features for a few moments before returning to its own.

Whiteburn says to you, "You think EVERYTHING can understand Prydaen, don't you..." Whiteburn scoffs. You blink. Whiteburn says, "I doubt it." Whiteburn says, "...but..." Whiteburn clears her throat.

A suw bizar gurgles to itself as it oozes about.

You meekly say, "There! It... is trying to look like him..." You peer quizzically at Guyatheas.

A suw bizar burbles and makes sloshy noises.

Whiteburn says something in S'Kra. ("Hello friends. Children of Drogor. I come in peace... I want to help you.") Guyatheas asks in Prydaenese, "Hellos?" You smile at a suw bizar. Whiteburn frowns. A suw bizar frowns. Whiteburn says, "...this is a problem." Whiteburn glances up at the sky. You meekly ask, "Good morning, isn't it? It is very wet. Do you like the rain?" Whiteburn flatly says, "I'd hope so." You giggle.

A suw bizar burbles loudly.

You babble at a suw bizar. Whiteburn makes a strange gurgling noise. A suw bizar frowns. Whiteburn glances at a suw bizar and makes a strange gurgling noise. You wince. You direct a suspicious chirrup at a suw bizar. Whiteburn frowns. A suw bizar frowns. You meekly exclaim, "Come on, you can try harder!" Guyatheas smiles at a suw bizar. Whiteburn exclaims, "I am trying!" You meekly exclaim, "Stop flailing at us... No, I mean them!"

A suw bizar makes a strange gurgling noise in return. Does it understand or is it just mimicking?

You meekly say, "If they want to talk, why are they trying to hit us still? Like they are under orders..." You tilt your head with a curious expression. Guyatheas dances mockingly around a suw bizar! Whiteburn says to you, "Perhaps that is all they know how to do." Whiteburn frowns.

A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears Whiteburn's facial features for a few moments before returning to its own.

Whiteburn's eyes darken with thought, and her tail grows very still.

A suw bizar burbles loudly and flails its tentacles.

Whiteburn hisses at a suw bizar. You meekly exclaim, "That one! It looked like you!" You giggle at Whiteburn. A suw bizar frowns. Whiteburn asks, "Me?" You meekly say, "Yes... it tried to take your face..." A suw bizar gestures. A weak clap of thunder booms through the area, rattling the teeth in your jaw. A suw bizar gestures. A weak clap of thunder booms through the area, rattling the teeth in your jaw. A suw bizar gestures. A weak clap of thunder booms through the area, rattling the teeth in your jaw. You cover your ears with your hands. You meekly say, "Stop making thunder! It's too loud..." Whiteburn hisses in frustration. Whiteburn gestures, muttering a quiet riddle. A pair of immense ghostly hands sweep forward to grasp a suw bizar in a translucent embrace! The ghostly hands interlock their wispy fingers, locking themselves tightly around a suw bizar. Whiteburn hisses at a suw bizar. You meekly say, "I am sorry I tried to cut one of you..." Whiteburn balls up her fists stiffly at her side. Whiteburn takes a deep breath. You slink back and forth, like a restless predator on the prowl. Guyatheas says, "I'm sorry I killed alot of ya but ye dont say nothing and you try to kill me." Whiteburn points at a suw bizar. You point your thumb at a suw bizar. The ghostly hands binding a suw bizar slip away and vanish.

A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears your facial features for a few moments before returning to its own.

Whiteburn says, "... I am sorry, Children of Drogor. I should not have reacted with violence before knowing your intent..."

A suw bizar burbles and moves its tentacles it what almost seems to be a collective shrug.

Whiteburn looks at a suw bizar apologetically, curling her tail to one side. A suw bizar frowns. A suw bizar gurgles to itself as it oozes about. You meekly ask, "Do... do you want a hug, maybe?" You fidget nervously. Whiteburn gawks at you. Guyatheas says, "That one transformed into nakori." You meekly exclaim, "I really don't like hugs!" You blink. Whiteburn says to Guyatheas, "They are doing that to all of us." You meekly say, "Oh..." Whiteburn's tail undulates in an agitated fashion.

> look in bowl In the speckled food bowl you see a mug of black coffee, a flagon of Prydaen bloodwine, a flagon of Prydaen bloodwyne, a flagon of Prydaen bloodwine and some skeleton-shaped taffy. Guyatheas exclaims, "Stop attacking me!!!!" You get some skeleton-shaped taffy from inside a lime-green speckled food bowl labeled "Nakori" which is in your journey pack. You meekly ask, "Are you guys hungry?" Whiteburn flails her arms about. You drop some skeleton-shaped taffy. You beam!

A suw bizar makes what sounds almost like a happy gurgle.

Whiteburn ponders. You gasp! Whiteburn gawks at you. Whiteburn asks, "They ... like candy?" You straighten your ears up with a sense of inborn pride. Whiteburn says, "Hmm." You meekly exclaim, "Don't go anywhere! I will get more food!"

(And so...)

[Genevive's Sweet Tooth] The heavenly scent of baking sweets floats through the air on a gentle breeze coming from the oven in the store's backroom. Metal trays stacked on shelves along the walls hold a wide assortment of finished edibles waiting to be purchased. Genevive, the woman who single-handedly runs the bakery, runs back and forth from the kitchen to the front room, bringing forth the latest delight. You also see a well-scrubbed table with several things on it and the baker Genevive. Obvious exits: out.

Genevive selects a soft marshmallow rabbit from a shelf and smiles brightly as she hands it to you. Genevive selects a jellied taffleberry fish from a shelf and smiles brightly as she hands it to you. Genevive selects a fresh strawberry turnover from a shelf and smiles brightly as she hands it to you.

(Meanwhile, Whiteburn:)

You get a broken shark's tooth from inside your mastiff skull. You drop a broken shark's tooth. You say, "What about this...? Does this mean anything to you?" You flick the tip of your tail at the air, gesturing at a broken shark's tooth.

One suw bizar moves toward the shark's tooth, covering it with its body.

You grin. Guyatheas gets a sungrown cigar from inside his duffel bag. Guyatheas asks, "Want a cigar?"

The suw bizar shudders, and the tooth absorbs into the creature.

A deep, contented trill rumbles in the back of your throat.

(And then...)

[Shard, North Bridge] To the north of this opulent bridge, the Dragon Spine Mountains span the horizon and exhale a dense forest known simply as the Dragon's Breath. The North city gates stand close by, guarded by sharp-eyed soldiers on the city wall. You also see a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield and some skeleton-shaped taffy. Also here: Guardsman Guyatheas and Scofflaw Whiteburn. Obvious paths: north.

Guyatheas puts his cigar in his armor pack. You drop a soft marshmallow rabbit. You meekly say, "Here's a nice rabbit..." Whiteburn says, "It ate my tooth." You meekly say, "And a lovely fish..." Guyatheas says, "It absorbed that tooth." You meekly say, "Ooh." Whiteburn says, "...not MY tooth, the shark one." You drop a jellied taffleberry fish. You ponder. Guyatheas asks, "Mayby there is something inside shard they want?" Whiteburn nods to Guyatheas. Whiteburn asks, "But only from this side, right?" Whiteburn glances at you. You nod. Guyatheas says, "Aye." You meekly say, "I did not check the south gate."

Several of the suw bizar look up at the sky in unison, then look back at you.

You glance up at the sky. Driving rain falls in fierce sheets, stinging like a thousand lashes! You meekly ask, "Maybe they don't like the rain at all...?" Guyatheas glances up at the sky. You meekly ask, "Do you have more shark teeth?" Guyatheas says, "I don't." Whiteburn gets a coarse shark's tooth from inside her mastiff skull. You drop a fresh strawberry turnover. Whiteburn drops a coarse shark's tooth. Whiteburn says, "Here you go, friends..." You beam! Guyatheas says, "They want shark teeth."

The suw bizar shudders, and the tooth absorbs into the creature.

Whiteburn frowns at a suw bizar. Guyatheas nods. A suw bizar frowns. A suw bizar gurgles to itself as it oozes about. Whiteburn says, "...they are kind of cute." You meekly say, "I would not mind one as a nice pet..." > touch bizar A suw bizar avoids your touch. Whiteburn gets a shabby shark's tooth from inside her mastiff skull. You meekly say, "They will not hold still, though..." Whiteburn nods. Whiteburn drops a shabby shark's tooth. You trill at the bizar.

A suw bizar makes what sounds almost like a happy gurgle.

Whiteburn says, "Grow stronger, my little friends." Whiteburn says, "Take the power of His Teeth of the Deep."

One suw bizar moves toward the shark's tooth, covering it with its body.

The suw bizar shudders, and the tooth absorbs into the creature.

Guyatheas gets a venison banger from inside his duffel bag. You meekly say, "Zenrya... came back from the festival with some sharkskin... I wonder..." Guyatheas asks, "You wana banger?" Whiteburn says to you, "That's a good idea." A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears Guyatheas's facial features for a few moments before returning to its own. Guyatheas taps a venison banger that he is holding. Guyatheas drops a venison banger. You meekly ask, "Do they want bodies?"

A suw bizar makes what sounds almost like a happy gurgle.

Whiteburn asks, "... I wonder if that's why they're here. What better moment to attack then when everybody is away?" Whiteburn glances at you. Whiteburn says, "..." Whiteburn glances at Guyatheas. Whiteburn rubs a spiked ball and chain with a tempered head. A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears Whiteburn's facial features for a few moments before returning to its own. You peer quizzically at Whiteburn. You meekly say, "I don't like that look." Whiteburn kneels down. You point at Whiteburn. Whiteburn asks, "You like blood, little ones?"

A suw bizar makes what sounds almost like a happy gurgle.

You edge away from Whiteburn. Whiteburn stands up. Whiteburn says, "Of course you do." You get a flagon of Prydaen bloodwine from inside a lime-green speckled food bowl labeled "Nakori" which is in your journey pack. You drop a flagon of Prydaen bloodwine. A suw bizar frowns. Guyatheas asks, "Why are you attacking me?" Guyatheas peers quizzically at a suw bizar.

A suw bizar makes the happy-seeming gurgling noise again, and flails its tentacles about.

A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears Whiteburn's facial features for a few moments before returning to its own. A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears Whiteburn's facial features for a few moments before returning to its own. Whiteburn says to Guyatheas, "Either you or me, Prydaen." You meekly say, "They like Whiteburn's face..."

One suw bizar moves toward the bloodwine, covering it with its body.

You perk up your ears happily. Whiteburn glances at you. Whiteburn says, "It likes it..." You meekly say, "I have more..." You get a lime-green speckled food bowl labeled "Nakori" from inside your journey pack. Guyatheas exclaims, "It like our alcohol!" You get a flagon of aged Prydaen bloodwyne from inside your speckled food bowl. You drop a flagon of aged Prydaen bloodwyne. You get a flagon of Prydaen bloodwine from inside your speckled food bowl. Whiteburn says, "Bloodwyne." You drop a flagon of Prydaen bloodwine. Guyatheas says, "Maby I have more in me bag let me look." You meekly exclaim, "Eat!" Whiteburn gets a knobby shark's tooth from inside her mastiff skull. Whiteburn drops a knobby shark's tooth. You meekly say, "...there is bloodwine in us too. Maybe that is why they attack you so much."

The suw bizar shudders and absorbs the entire container!

You beam! In the speckled food bowl you see a mug of black coffee. Whiteburn says, "Hungry." You get a mug of black coffee from inside your speckled food bowl. Whiteburn's tail undulates in an agitated fashion. A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears your facial features for a few moments before returning to its own. Whiteburn says, "I'm sure they would have liked a nice boiled egg."

The suw bizar shudders, and the tooth absorbs into the creature.

Whiteburn says, "If only I'd picked up more." You meekly say, "Oooooh..." Guyatheas gets a tiny yellow bloodstone from inside his gem pouch. Guyatheas drops a tiny yellow bloodstone. Guyatheas asks, "Blood gems?" You meekly say, "Coffee? Maybe not... But..." You drop a mug of black coffee. You put your bowl in your journey pack. Whiteburn's tail sways slightly as she rumbles a low, contented trill at you. You hear the voice of Guyatheas say, "I duno."

Several suw bizar move in unison toward all of the offerings on the ground, covering them all with their bodies. One by one, the items are absorbed by the creatures, though several make odd faces as they do so.

You pick up a fresh strawberry turnover. You gasp! You drop a fresh strawberry turnover. You meekly say, "Sorry.." Whiteburn throws her head back and howls, "The enemies of Lord Drogor shall drown as the sharks tear them apart limb from limb, and their blood shall feed the lightless depths!" You squint. You hear the voice of Guyatheas ask, "You want more gems?" Whiteburn exclaims, "Lord Drogor, may your Children be strengthened!" You meekly ask, "They are so cute... they cannot be as mean as eels and sharks if they are stronger, surely...?" Whiteburn asks Guyatheas, "... can you cut me just enough so that I bleed?" Guyatheas blinks. Guyatheas asks, "You wana feed um yer blood?" You ponder. Whiteburn nods. Whiteburn flatly asks, "Unless you'd rather do the honors?" You twitch an ear nervously. Guyatheas says, "Not me."

A suw bizar makes what sounds almost like a happy gurgle.

Whiteburn nods. Guyatheas asks, "Where ya want me to hit ya?" Whiteburn says, "Either one of my hands, then." Guyatheas begins to advance on Whiteburn. You hear the voice of Guyatheas say, "Right hand ill try." You meekly say, "Be careful..." Guyatheas leaps from hiding and ambushes Whiteburn! You cover your eyes. You lay your hand on Whiteburn's arm. You sense nothing wrong with Whiteburn. Guyatheas chuckles. Whiteburn frowns. Guyatheas says, "Nay I can not hits ya."

A suw bizar shrugs its tentacles, seeming uninpressed.

Whiteburn holds hands with Guyatheas. Whiteburn says, "Come with me, then." Scofflaw Whiteburn drifts north, leading her group. You meekly say, "Ah... be good... I will see what they are doing..." A suw bizar frowns. You wave. You meekly ask, "Don't hurt anyone else, okay?" You beam!

(And so...)

[Hangman's Noose, Main Bar] Crossed headsman's axes hang on the fieldstone wall behind the bar, the blades inlaid with carnelian to resemble spatters of blood. To the south, burly patrons cluster about a private table, while the noise from the east makes it easy to identify the location of the common room. A stairway leads up to the second floor. You also see a menu. Obvious exits: east, south.

The publican places a plate of rotworm gizzards on the bar. You pay her 20 dokoras for it. The publican places a mug of Bloodtog Grog on the bar. You pay her 40 dokoras for it.

(Meanwhile, Whiteburn:)

[Southern Trade Route, Road to Shard] The well-tended trade route bears signs of both old and recent travel, from scraps of worn leather and clothing tossed aside, to an ancient waystation standing beside the path, as it most likely has for countless years. Also here: Guardsman Guyatheas. Obvious paths: southwest, northwest.

You put your ball and chain in your rucksack. Your target shield fades away into nothingness. You say, "Let's try again... one moment." You take a deep breath. Guyatheas nods. Guyatheas puts his blade in his weapon harness. Guyatheas slings a thin blue-black crossbow off from over his shoulder. Guyatheas loads his blue-black crossbow with a crossbow bolt. You nod. You say, "Try now." Guyatheas appears to be aiming at you with his blue-black crossbow. You take a deep breath. Moving with powerful grace, Guyatheas fires a crossbow bolt at you. The crossbow bolt lodges itself shallowly into you! You exclaim, "Good!" You say, "Stop now." Guyatheas nods. Guyatheas slings a thin blue-black crossbow over his shoulder. Guyatheas puffs out his chest and struts around! You glance around nervously as your pupils dilate, trying to take in your surroundings quickly. You say, "Very good." You skillfully remove the crossbow bolt from your hand leaving the wound no worse than it was before. Guyatheas has accepted your offer and is now holding a crossbow bolt. Guyatheas puts his bolt in his thigh quiver. You work carefully at tending your wound. Guyatheas nods. You say, "One moment... I'm gonna need a breather before I let them have at it." You wheeze, trying to catch your breath. Guyatheas nods. In a fiery blaze, a scintillating tower shield appears in your left hand. Guyatheas says, "Least I hit da right spot." Guyatheas nods. You say, "You certainly did." You wince. You drift southwest, leading your group.

(And then...)

[Shard, North Bridge] To the north of this opulent bridge, the Dragon Spine Mountains span the horizon and exhale a dense forest known simply as the Dragon's Breath. The North city gates stand close by, guarded by sharp-eyed soldiers on the city wall. Also here: Guardsman Guyatheas. Obvious paths: north.

With a raspy growl, a suw bizar drags itself into view. Your jaw drops. You say, "Ah there you are." You ask, "Where did the rest go...?" You say, "I have gifts for you..." You yell, "Children of Drogor! Attend me!" Sticky Fingers Nakori came through the North city gates.

(And then, Nakori:)

Whiteburn yells, "All beasts of the deep to the sound of my voice!" You drop a plate of rotworm gizzards. Whiteburn kneels down. You drop a mug of Bloodtog Grog. You ponder. You peer quizzically at Whiteburn.

You see Scofflaw Whiteburn, a S'Kra Mur. A draping uaro's'sugi of lustrous aubergine shadesatin is folded to obscure Whiteburn's face, hiding all but a narrow strip of white scales around her eyes. She is short for a S'Kra Mur. She has a lean figure and a straight tail. A luminous orb of coruscating rainbowed light hovers like a will-o-wisp, following her diligently.

She has a severely swollen and deeply bruised right hand compounded by deep cuts across the right hand.

She is wearing a sparkling target shield dimmed by the shadowy hues shrouding a silvery-grey shrike, some padded ebon gloves, some shapely platinum-framed sun goggles with darkened lenses, a petite blacktip reef shark with cloudy sea glass eyes, a crude mistwood longbow, a golden trident accented with tiny seed pearls, some richly shaded locksmith's robes belted with a thick sash of nightsilk, some black leather elbow wraps affixed with dagger blades, a locksmith's toolbelt fashioned from darkened leather, a pair of black shadesatin slippers and an etched steel parry stick with black leather straps.

You meekly say, "Ah."

(Whiteburn holds out her arm and waits, drops of blood pattering against the ground.) You grimace. You trill at the bizar. Whiteburn says, "Feed, grow stronger..." Guyatheas comes out of hiding.

Several suw bizar make gurgling noises and run their tentacles over the blood dripping onto the ground, oddly it doesn't seem to absorb so much as coat them.

You meekly say, "That... is strange..." You glance at Whiteburn. Her features are hard to make out. Guyatheas says, "Crazy." Whiteburn sprinkles some holy water on herself. Whiteburn says, "Hmm.."

The suw bizar wave their tentacles about in a hypnotic fashion. Are they showing off the blood they're wearing?

You applaud a suw bizar, cheering it on! Whiteburn snickers. Guyatheas says, "Their blood crazy." Guyatheas chuckles. Whiteburn says, "They are still cute." You meekly say, "Blood is delicious." You nod in agreement. Guyatheas nods. You meekly exclaim, "They have good taste!" Whiteburn asks, "I am out of teeth...?" Whiteburn says, "There is one more..." Whiteburn gets a giant shark tooth from inside her mastiff skull. You meekly say, "Ooh... A big one..." Whiteburn takes a deep breath. Why in the world would you want to kiss the bizar! You giggle a little oddly. You think to Gordorack, "You should come out the gate and see this..." You project your thoughts to Gordorack. You observe Whiteburn with fascination. Whiteburn drops a giant shark tooth. Whiteburn grows quiet, an intense look of introspection overtaking her features as her tail lowers slightly and stretches into stillness. Whiteburn continues praying. You ponder. You wander north.

[Shard, North Bridge] The elegance of Elven architecture spills over onto the north bridge from the city proper as evident in the crystal inlay and carefully carved wooden trestles. The wooden planks and marble supports do not show any indications of time's passage. You also see a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield. Obvious paths: north, south.

You meekly say, "Hey, come join your friends." There is a rumbling clap of thunder from the south. You beam! You wave to a suw bizar. You wander south.

[Shard, North Bridge] To the north of this opulent bridge, the Dragon Spine Mountains span the horizon and exhale a dense forest known simply as the Dragon's Breath. The North city gates stand close by, guarded by sharp-eyed soldiers on the city wall. You also see a giant shark tooth, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a plate of rotworm gizzards, a mug of Bloodtog Grog, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield and a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield. Also here: Guardsman Guyatheas and Scofflaw Whiteburn who is kneeling. Obvious paths: north.

A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears Whiteburn's facial features for a few moments before returning to its own. Guyatheas gets a tiny clear beryl from inside his gem pouch. Guyatheas drops a tiny clear beryl. Guyatheas gets a tiny chartreuse beryl from inside his gem pouch. Guyatheas drops a tiny chartreuse beryl. Guyatheas gets a tiny cerise beryl from inside his gem pouch. Guyatheas drops a tiny cerise beryl. A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears your facial features for a few moments before returning to its own. Guyatheas gets a tiny brass-colored beryl from inside his gem pouch. Guyatheas drops a tiny brass-colored beryl. You sit down. You stretch your arms. Feels great! Whiteburn seems to be waiting for something. You glance up at the sky. Driving rain falls in fierce sheets, stinging like a thousand lashes!

Several suw bizar make the happy seeming gurgling noises again. First they roll about in some of the remaining blood, then, the largest of them move towards the tooth, covering it up.

You just feel so pleased with yourself, you can't help letting out a hearty cheer. Whiteburn flashes a wide grin.

They shake and shudder, and the shark's tooth disappears amongst them.

You ponder. Whiteburn says, "Aye, little friends, have at it! Plenty for all..." You attempt to empathically manipulate a suw bizar's feelings towards you to be those of a friend. You extend your will and empathically manipulate a suw bizar to consider you friend, not foe. A fast, thrumming purr roars up in your chest. You stand back up. A suw bizar avoids your touch.

Several suw bizar gurgle and roll around in the dribbled blood.

Whiteburn draws forth a steel misericorde. You meekly say, "Awwww! Adorable..." > tail tickle biz Umm...nah. Whiteburn nods to you. Whiteburn makes a chirring noise in the back of her throat. You meekly say, "Do you guys want more bloodwine? I think there is still some more at my home..." You twitch an ear at Whiteburn nervously. (Whiteburn presses the tip of the blade against her sliced hand, coaxing more blood to drop in front of the bizars. A mix between a grimace and a grin flashes across her face...) You frown at Whiteburn. Whiteburn nods to you. Whiteburn says, "Anything that you can find... I am out of teeth." You meekly say, "Okay..." You give a slight nod.

(And so... Nakori goes to get the last bottle of bloodwine on the wall of her home.) (Meanwhile, Whiteburn:)

Suddenly, the largest of the suw bizar look up again to the sky and tilt their tentacles into curious positions. They seem almost to nod their heads, and start to wander away.

You blink. You ask, "Had enough?" You hear the voice of Guyatheas ask, "They are leaving?" You say, "Hmm..." You nod. You say, "Curious creatures."

(And then, Nakori:)

[Shard, North Bridge] To the north of this opulent bridge, the Dragon Spine Mountains span the horizon and exhale a dense forest known simply as the Dragon's Breath. The North city gates stand close by, guarded by sharp-eyed soldiers on the city wall. You also see a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar that is surrounded by a shimmering shield, a suw bizar, a plate of rotworm gizzards, a mug of Bloodtog Grog, a tiny cerise beryl, a tiny chartreuse beryl, a tiny clear beryl, a tiny brass-colored beryl and a tiny silver nugget. Also here: Guardsman Guyatheas and Scofflaw Whiteburn who is kneeling. Obvious paths: north.

Whiteburn's tail curls into a small, cautious curve. You meekly say, "Ah... it is our last..." You drop a flagon of Prydaen bloodwine. Whiteburn says to you, "It seems like they're leaving... little by little." Whiteburn sheathes her misericorde. You meekly ask, "Oh...?" Guyatheas nods. Your ears droop for a moment. Guyatheas says, "There are no others around excpet for these now." Whiteburn says, "Looked at the sky, wiggled about..." You meekly say, "Aww..." You meekly exclaim, "But we were just becoming friends!" Whiteburn asks, "Perhaps we should follow them?" Whiteburn nods to you. A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears your facial features for a few moments before returning to its own. You meekly ask, "Follow them...? Into the sky?" Whiteburn stands up. A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears Whiteburn's facial features for a few moments before returning to its own.

One of the smaller suw bizar move towards the bloodwine, covering it with its body.

You perk up your ears happily. You meekly say, "Drink up, little fellow..." Whiteburn says, "Ah some of them still hunger." Whiteburn utters a deep, contented trill from the back of her throat. You lay your hand on Whiteburn's arm. You feel the burning fire of pain and suffering building slowly as you instinctively draw out the truth behind Whiteburn's injuries. You meekly ask Whiteburn, "Are you feeling okay...?" Whiteburn works carefully at tending her wounded right hand. A suw bizar frowns. You nibble your lip thoughtfully. You kneel down upon the ground. You stretch out a hand to a suw bizar.

The suw bizar shudders, and absorbs the bloodwine.

Whiteburn asks, "Where do you go to, friends?" You meekly say, "Hey... I would feed you my blood, but I really do not like getting hurt..."

One suw bizar glances up at the sky and burbles.

You glance up at the sky. Driving rain falls in fierce sheets, stinging like a thousand lashes! The following heavenly bodies are visible: Dense clouds completely obscure your search. Katamba is below the horizon. Xibar is below the horizon. Yavash is below the horizon. Whiteburn glances up at the sky. You stand back up. Whiteburn says, "Would you like more blood? There is plenty to be had elsewhere..." Guyatheas says, "Crossing is loaded with blood."

The remaining suw bizar do not seem to be moving to leave, for now.

Guyatheas nods to a suw bizar. You giggle. You take in a great breath of air. You meekly say, "...okay." Whiteburn asks you, "Are you out of bloodwine?" You stretch out a hand imploringly to Whiteburn. You meekly say, "Yes..." Whiteburn draws forth a steel misericorde. Whiteburn frowns. You nod to Whiteburn. Whiteburn nods. You meekly say, "Just... a little cut..." Whiteburn stumbles dazedly, faltering in her attempt to engage you. You let your concentration lapse and feel the spell's energies dissipate. The lingering effects of your Innocence spell fade away. You meekly say, "Sorry..." You giggle. Whiteburn flails her arms about. Whiteburn begins to advance on you! You whimper. You cover your eyes. Whiteburn exclaims, "Think of how happy they will be!" Whiteburn closes to melee range on you! Whiteburn beams! You meekly exclaim, "I'm trying!"

  • Whiteburn draws a steel misericorde at you. You barely fail to parry with a white-lacquered parry stick with embroidered white straps.

The misericorde lands a good strike to your right hand.

A strong briny scent fills the area, and you are overtaken with the idea that the creatures who left have done so because the one who sent them is pleased.

A suw bizar relaxes its membrane and dissolves into a puddle. When it reforms, it wears your facial features for a few moments before returning to its own. You twitch an ear nervously. Whiteburn utters a deep, contented trill from the back of her throat. The misericorde lands a good strike to your right hand. You whimper. The misericorde lands a good strike to your right hand. You meekly say, "A...again..." You grit your teeth. The misericorde lands a good strike that draws a light scratch across your right wrist. Guyatheas shivers. You rapidly suck in air through your teeth in pain. A tear runs down your face. Whiteburn growls ferociously! Whiteburn hisses at you. Guyatheas just tried to pull a suw bizar. You meekly exclaim, "I'm sorry!" The misericorde lands a good hit that raps you sharply across the knuckles. You meekly exclaim, "I don't like bleeding!" The misericorde lands a good strike that raps you sharply across the knuckles.


Guyatheas slings a thin blue-black crossbow off from over his shoulder. Guyatheas loads his blue-black crossbow with a crossbow bolt. You pull off some padded forest-green gloves from your hands. Whiteburn shakes her head. You nod to Whiteburn. Whiteburn says, "Don't, you may hurt her too much." You meekly say, "Again..." The misericorde lands a hard hit that raps you sharply across the knuckles. The misericorde lands a powerful strike that rips free two fingers from the right hand, stunning you. Whiteburn nods. You meekly say, "Owwww..." Gordorack came through the North city gates. Whiteburn nods. Whiteburn throws her head back and howls, "The enemies of Lord Drogor shall drown as the sharks tear them apart limb from limb, and their blood shall feed the lightless depths!" You kneel down upon the ground. A suw bizar burbles and makes sloshy noises. Whiteburn sheathes her misericorde. The bandages binding Whiteburn's right hand soak through with blood as it begins bleeding again. Whiteburn unwraps her bandages. A suw bizar frowns. (Nakori holds out her paw, letting her blood spill recklessly all about. She clenches her eyes shut and tries not to watch.) Whiteburn works carefully at tending her wounded right hand.

In turn, each suw bizar rolls itself through the pooling blood.

Whiteburn praises you. You whimper. Guyatheas shivers. Guyatheas says, "I like my blood." You nod in agreement. You meekly say, "But it makes them so happy..." You rapidly suck in air through your teeth in pain. Whiteburn nods. Whiteburn says, "These are children of the divine... if we can do anything to please them, we should." Whiteburn fixes Guyatheas with a cold, reptilian stare. You meekly say, "They have stopped attacking..." You meekly ask, "Or is it just me?" Whiteburn says, "Just you..." Guyatheas assesses his combat situation. Whiteburn grins at you. Whiteburn says, "A sign, perhaps..." Your eyelids droop as you give voice to a brief but warm contented trill.

In turn, each suw bizar rolls itself through blood once more.

You stand back up.

The suw bizar just went north. The suw bizar just went north.

You meekly say, "There they go..." You perk up your ears happily. Guyatheas scans the area briefly. The suw bizar just went north. Whiteburn grins happily. The suw bizar just went north. Guyatheas says, "Good they don't need me blood." Guyatheas shivers. Whiteburn says, "Farewell, friends... and good hunting." You grin at Guyatheas. Whiteburn kneels down and touches her lips with the tips of her fingers. You close your eyes, drawing all your thoughts inward, and then slowly reach out to sense the life essences of those around you... You sense: The presence of Gordorack. The presence of Guyatheas. The presence of Whiteburn. You sense (N) from your current position: A relatively healthy presence nearby. Guyatheas scans the area briefly. You meekly say, "One more..." Whiteburn stands up. Whiteburn says, "They are all gone." You take note of all the tracks in the area, so that you can hunt anything nearby down. You were unable to locate any followable tracks. Guyatheas scans the area briefly. Whiteburn scans the area briefly. Guyatheas nods. You nod. Guyatheas says, "All gone." You lay your hand on Whiteburn's arm. You feel the transfer beginning as a cold stillness settles in the center of your being and you steel yourself for the impending explosion of pain. With calm movements you prepare your body for the Blood Staunching spell. You wheeze, trying to catch your breath. You collapse, your body wracked with pain from the terrible injuries to your right hand wounds and internal right hand wounds. Whiteburn winces. Whiteburn kneels down. Whiteburn works carefully at tending your wounded right hand. With calm movements you prepare your body for the Heal spell. You nod to Gordorack. Whiteburn glances at Gordorack. Whiteburn stands up. You meekly say, "Well..." The bandages binding your right hand become useless and fall apart. You meekly say, "Why can't we do that with the ogres and rock guardians that try to come into Crossing? They were only hungry." Whiteburn says, "Maybe we should..." Guyatheas says, "There were orcs at haven earlier also." Guyatheas says, "But orcs I've never seen." You tilt your head with a curious expression. You meekly ask, "Oh?" Whiteburn says, "But these creatures are soldiers of the Divine. I think... they are smarter than a marauding beast." Guyatheas says, "Veteran skirmishes and archers." Guyatheas says, "And they travel in formation." Guyatheas nods. Whiteburn says, "Ah..." Whiteburn flinches. You angle your ears forward, gazing curiously at Whiteburn. Gordorack trudges north. You ponder. You meekly say, "I suppose they only like things that are blood-coloured." You point at a tiny cerise beryl on the ground. Guyatheas says, "Well that was kinda crazy." Guyatheas nods. Whiteburn asks, "What about that?" Whiteburn flicks the tip of her tail at the air, emphasizing a mug of Bloodtog Grog with a sharp gesture. Guyatheas says, "I took it from them earlier I will leave it there." You nod. You meekly ask, "I wonder why not the grog?" You sniff at the Grog. Guyatheas says, "Stinky tog's on on it." Guyatheas nods to you. You nod in agreement. You meekly say, "Prydaen bloodwine is much more refined. They have good taste." You grin. Guyatheas nods. Whiteburn nods. Guyatheas says, "Well that was very intersting." Whiteburn says, "...even I must admit that you are right." Guyatheas says, "They were here all day." Guyatheas says, "And a little blood and they go away." Whiteburn folds her arms and lifts her head, a proud gleam in her eye and her tail resting firmly against the ground. Whiteburn darkly says, "Nobody ever seems to simply... ask them what they want." Whiteburn says, "They only want to kill." You nod. You meekly say, "I would ask the sharks, but they would kill me too fast..." You ponder. Whiteburn nods. You meekly say, "And by 'they' I don't know if I mean the sharks or the Crossing militia." You sigh. Whiteburn asks, "Perhaps not, next time... maybe the bizars talk with them?" You meekly ask, "Who do we tell...? Who will believe us?" You glance at Guyatheas. His features are hard to make out. Whiteburn flatly says, "No one." Guyatheas shrugs. You meekly say, "No one listens..." Whiteburn nods to you. Guyatheas says, "I wouldent of belived it." Whiteburn says, "That is why... I did not tell them to go to Crossing." Whiteburn says, "They would be slaughtered." Guyatheas says, "If i did not see it." Whiteburn says to you, "And so would we." Whiteburn says, "I know they will kill me if they see me." Whiteburn takes a deep breath. Your ears droop for a moment as you gaze sadly at Whiteburn. Whiteburn says to Guyatheas, "Many are like you." Whiteburn says, "But.. not." You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs. Whiteburn says, "Even in the face of miracles they continue to fight against the heavens..." Whiteburn sighs. Guyatheas says, "I am not one of the divine would of never guessed." Guyatheas says, "Maby I should go get more favor." Whiteburn beams at Guyatheas! You nod at Guyatheas, in complete agreement with his views. Whiteburn praises Guyatheas. You meekly ask, "Oh... do you still have, um... skins, from them...?" Guyatheas says, "I do." Guyatheas frets. You nibble your lip thoughtfully. Guyatheas takes a lumpy bundle off from around his waist. Guyatheas carefully removes a stubby tentacle from his bundle. Guyatheas begins to weep softly. You meekly say, "I never have seen anyone skinning a shark or eel before." Whiteburn casts a curious glance at you, uttering a brief octave-climbing trill. Your ears droop for a moment as you gaze sadly at Guyatheas. Whiteburn's eyes darken with thought, and her tail grows very still. Whiteburn nods to you. Whiteburn ponders. Whiteburn shakes her head. You pat Guyatheas on the back. Whiteburn asks, "No... they've searched the eels for those eggs, didn't they?" You meekly say, "They never tried to talk..." Guyatheas asks, "What should I do with them?" Guyatheas asks, "Offer them back to altar?" Guyatheas carefully fits a stubby tentacle into his bundle. You nod. Whiteburn nods to Guyatheas. Guyatheas says, "Could ye show me where the altar is ? I have never been." You meekly ask, "I... have to wonder... were these Drogor's, or...?" Guyatheas frets. Whiteburn says, "Offer your praises to Lord Drogor along with them... as He takes life, He also looks over life..." Whiteburn says to you, "I think so, but I still do not know if they come from the sea or from fresh water." Whiteburn says, "Before today I... I had never seen such things before." Whiteburn says, "Not even heard of them." You meekly say, "Drogor took over the altar... maybe He controls the rivers now, too." You shrug. Whiteburn says, "... perhaps." Guyatheas says, "I'm afraid I have alot of tentacles..." Whiteburn's tail undulates passively just above the ground. Your ears droop for a moment. You meekly say, "Poor Lemicus..." Whiteburn says to Guyatheas, "If you would come with me back to the Crossing I can take you to His shrine in the Eyes of the Thirteen." Whiteburn says, "I think it may be the closest." Guyatheas nods. You meekly ask, "Is there not one in Shard?" Guyatheas says, "I will." Whiteburn says, "The temple of Darkness is fickle when it comes to accepting offerings." Whiteburn's tail undulates in an agitated fashion. You meekly say, "Ah..." Guyatheas shows you a lumpy bundle. Guyatheas shows Whiteburn his lumpy bundle. You chuckle. Guyatheas frets. Guyatheas's tail undulates lazily through the air. You meekly say, "They are happy now... the ones that survived." Whiteburn says to you, "Lemicus might have pulled Her favor away from those who did not protect Her altar." Whiteburn nods to you. You meekly say, "Hmm... I see... maybe it is so." Whiteburn says, "..or perhaps the storms and the sea water are weakening Her powers." Whiteburn says, "The Albatrosses that She sent were unable to do much." You nod. You ball up your fists stiffly at your side. Guyatheas kneels down. Whiteburn glances at you. Guyatheas carefully removes a stubby tentacle from his bundle. Guyatheas drops a stubby tentacle. Guyatheas prays fervently. You meekly exclaim, "I told them to stop! When the albatross started to die, I said, this isn't working... stop making them help, you are sending them to their deaths!" You sigh. Whiteburn nods to you. Whiteburn quietly says, "I am sure they did not listen." Whiteburn sighs. Guyatheas continues praying fervently. Guyatheas continues praying. Whiteburn gets a stick of fragrant incense from inside her rucksack. Guyatheas prays fervently. Whiteburn drops a stick of fragrant incense. Guyatheas picks up a stubby tentacle. Whiteburn gets a piece of black flint from inside her rucksack. Whiteburn draws forth a steel misericorde. Guyatheas carefully fits a stubby tentacle into his bundle. Guyatheas nods. Whiteburn strikes a piece of black flint against a steel misericorde, causing a shower of sparks over the fragrant incense which smolders, then bursts into flames.

The tentacle disappears in a flash of marine-hued lightning!

Whiteburn gasps! You glance at Guyatheas. His features are hard to make out. Guyatheas carefully removes a stubby tentacle from his bundle. Guyatheas drops a stubby tentacle. Your ears straighten up smartly as you gaze at Guyatheas with pride. Guyatheas continues praying fervently. You nod. Whiteburn trills at Guyatheas, her tail undulating up and down. Whiteburn puts her flint in her rucksack. Whiteburn sheathes her misericorde. Whiteburn gets a chalice from inside her rucksack. Whiteburn gets some holy water from inside her chalice. The fragrant incense on the ground glows faintly as it burns down. Whiteburn puts her chalice in her rucksack. Whiteburn sprinkles some holy water on herself. Whiteburn picks up a burning fragrant incense. Whiteburn waves some fragrant incense over herself. A wisp of smoke settles around Whiteburn, surrounding her with the scent of smoke. Guyatheas continues praying. Whiteburn drops a burning fragrant incense.

The tentacle disappears in a flash of marine-hued lightning!

You pick up a mug of Bloodtog Grog. Guyatheas says, "I will pray over each tentacle." Whiteburn chants in a soprano voice:

"Lord Drogor, I consecrate this land in Your honor! Praise be to You! "

You meekly say, "That may take a while..." Whiteburn takes a deep breath and then raises her hands, murmuring prayers under her breath. A strong white light fills her, exploding outward and blinding you momentarily. When the light fades Whiteburn is lying on the ground, looking exhausted but happy. You sit down. You sniff at the Grog. You grimace. You put your Grog in your journey pack. Tears stream down Whiteburn's cheeks as she clutches her eyes. Whiteburn stands up. Whiteburn sniffles. Whiteburn takes a seat. Whiteburn nods to Guyatheas. Guyatheas says, "It will." Guyatheas nods. Guyatheas carefully removes a stubby tentacle from his bundle. Guyatheas drops a stubby tentacle. Guyatheas prays fervently. Guyatheas continues praying fervently. You glance up at the sky. Driving rain falls in fierce sheets, stinging like a thousand lashes!

The tentacle disappears in a flash of marine-hued lightning!

Whiteburn glances up at the sky. Guyatheas says, "I took them 1 by 1 I'll will return them 1 by 1." You trill softly at Guyatheas. Guyatheas carefully removes a stubby tentacle from his bundle. Guyatheas drops a stubby tentacle. Guyatheas prays fervently. Whiteburn adds to Guyatheas's praises. Guyatheas prays fervently. Guyatheas continues praying fervently. The tentacle disappears in a flash of marine-hued lightning! Guyatheas carefully removes a stubby tentacle from his bundle. Guyatheas drops a stubby tentacle. Guyatheas continues praying fervently. Guyatheas prays fervently. Guyatheas continues praying. The tentacle disappears in a flash of marine-hued lightning! Guyatheas carefully removes a stubby tentacle from his bundle. Guyatheas drops a stubby tentacle. You purr happily at Guyatheas. Guyatheas continues praying fervently. Guyatheas prays fervently. Guyatheas prays fervently. Whiteburn gets a jasper-eyed troll skull damaru from inside her rucksack. Whiteburn begins a quiet lament on her troll skull damaru with only the slightest hint of difficulty. Guyatheas prays fervently. You effortlessly begin to hum a quiet lament, your heart swelling in pride at your hard-earned skill. You reach out and touch a stubby tentacle. You meekly say, "I hope you're in a better place now, little strange water beastie..."

The entire bundle disappears in a flash of marine-hued lightning!

You beam at Guyatheas! Whiteburn says, "I am sorry for slaying you without even asking your intent... forgive me, Lord Drogor..." Whiteburn bows her head, raising her arms with palms facing entreatingly upward and her tail curling humbly about her left ankle. Guyatheas asks, "They took the entire bundle mayby they are pleased?" You meekly say, "I hope so." Whiteburn nods to Guyatheas. Whiteburn utters a deep, contented trill from the back of her throat. You nibble your lip thoughtfully. You kneel. Guyatheas continues praying fervently. You beseech your god for mercy. Whiteburn quietly says, "May they rest well..." Whiteburn finishes playing a quiet lament on her troll skull damaru. Whiteburn looks up and sighs, smiling. Guyatheas stands up. Whiteburn kneels. You continue praying for guidance. Whiteburn prays fervently. Guyatheas glances up at the sky.

You see Worshipper Guyatheas Eldara, a Prydaen.

You cannot make out all of his features with the clothing he is wearing. He is in good shape.

He is wearing some insulated fine burlap gloves with fitted seams, a thin blue-black crossbow, an insulated fine burlap mask with fitted seams, an insulated fine burlap hood with fitted seams, an insulated fine burlap hauberk with fitted seams, a silver kyanite gwethdesuan, a silver jadeite gwethdesuan, a pair of sturdy grey trollskin boots trimmed with a dark blue fringe, a bronze-plated knife adorned with crystals along the narrow crossguard, an etched silver vial strung from intricate chain mesh, an iron-banded parry stick with brown leather straps, a thigh quiver dyed in a brown and green camouflage pattern, a rugged leather thigh quiver, some baggy black trousers with a crookedly embroidered leather patch at the knee, a locksmith's toolbelt fashioned from darkened leather, a platinum-hued armor pack shot through with narrow strands of steelsilk, a coal-black duffel bag embroidered with a dagger, a dark jade weapon harness adorned with a pewter dragon, a dark red spidersilk shirt, a gold eyebrow ring, an albredine crystal ring, a dark oiled leather cape edged with an elaborate serpentine pattern, a pair of bezel-set sky blue thealstone cufflinks, a darkly painted lockpick case depicting a pair of emerald-eyed panthers, a dragon's heart ring, an ebony leather gem pouch clasped with a carved ivory dragon and a mail-clad leather fletching pouch with a bronze dragon buckle.

Guyatheas says, "The have blessed me favor."

Iliyana just arrived, dragging the body of Kirumatt behind her. Guyatheas smiles. Iliyana just went through the North city gates, dragging Kirumatt's body with her. You beam at Guyatheas! You meekly say, "Ah." You glance at the North city gates. Whiteburn stands up. Whiteburn's slit pupils flare with happiness as she trills at Guyatheas. Whiteburn exclaims, "That is wonderful, marvelous!" Whiteburn says, "You are blessed..." Whiteburn puts her damaru in her rucksack. Guyatheas says, "I will not attack another water creature." Whiteburn glances up at the sky. You stand back up. Whiteburn makes a chirring noise in Guyatheas's direction. You meekly say, "I am... still very, very sorry I tried... I did not think they had souls, or anything--I thought they might be constructs of water..." You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs. Whiteburn says, "I thought they were just... monsters..." Whiteburn gazes down at her tail. You trill softly at Whiteburn. Whiteburn sighs. Guyatheas says, "Me also I walked into them and got attacked so I thought...." Whiteburn kneels down and touches her lips with the tips of her fingers. Guyatheas says, "It does not matter it will not happen agin." Whiteburn glances up at the sky. Whiteburn stands up. Whiteburn beams at Guyatheas! You nod in agreement. Whiteburn nods emphatically. Guyatheas bows to Whiteburn. Whiteburn says to Guyatheas, "I wonder where that body came from... hunting out there maybe." Guyatheas says, "Thank ye for showing me." Whiteburn's slit pupils flare with happiness as she trills at Guyatheas. You meekly ask Whiteburn, "Did they ask for an Empath?" Whiteburn says, "You seem different than before... I am... I am so happy." Whiteburn's tail rolls up and down in a smooth undulation. Whiteburn says to you, "No... they have not spoken." Guyatheas says, "I am a worshiper now no more guardsmen." Whiteburn grins ear-to-ear. Whiteburn sprinkles some holy water on Guyatheas. Whiteburn touches Guyatheas's forehead, and he shivers, a vibrant blue nimbus enfolding his body. Guyatheas bows. Whiteburn nods to Guyatheas. Guyatheas gazes up at the sky. Guyatheas says, "That was very enlightling." Guyatheas nods. Guyatheas says, "I fear I have much research to do to learn their ways." Guyatheas nods. You nod in agreement. Whiteburn says, "Do not fear... even I am still learning." You meekly say, "I hope they come back! They are too cute. Oawoo." Guyatheas says, "But i will use my skills to hunt down their enemies." Whiteburn says, "To share moments with the Immortals... to think upon them and to visit their shrines and temples... that in itself is a joy. To be able to learn more of them is an honor." Whiteburn nods to Guyatheas. Whiteburn says, "I will too." Whiteburn says to you, "And I hope so, too." Whiteburn makes a chirring noise in the back of her throat. Whiteburn pets the petite body of her shark affectionately. Whiteburn says, "They didn't seem to like the gems, much..." You meekly say, "Just the bloodstone." Whiteburn nods to you. Guyatheas nods. Guyatheas says, "I took them from them so I will leave them here." Whiteburn exclaims, "If only I could open this thing...!" Whiteburn snorts, loudly. You peer quizzically at Whiteburn. Guyatheas asks, "Wich thing?" Whiteburn says, "My gem pouch... I would return mine as well, but it's already tied up." Whiteburn begins pouting. You nod. Your ears droop for a moment. You meekly say, "Mine, too. I don't even know what's in it. It will burst into a big mess if I try." Whiteburn says, "....." Whiteburn removes a nightsilk gem pouch from her belt. Whiteburn drops a nightsilk gem pouch. Whiteburn kneels down. Whiteburn continues praying. Whiteburn prays fervently. You blink at Whiteburn. Whiteburn says, "Lord Drogor... please forgive me... I struck out blindly." You gaze down at your tail. Whiteburn sprinkles some holy water on a nightsilk gem pouch. Guyatheas gets a lyre from inside his duffel bag. Whiteburn sighs. Whiteburn takes a seat. Guyatheas says, "Psalm on lyre." Guyatheas says, "If i can manage." Guyatheas struggles to begin a quiet psalm on his lyre. Guyatheas pulls off some insulated fine burlap gloves with fitted seams from his hands. Guyatheas's song comes to an end. Guyatheas puts his gloves in his armor pack. Guyatheas says, "Im afraid im just not skilled enough." Guyatheas puts his lyre in his armor pack. Your ears droop sleepily as you let out a huge yawn. Whiteburn gazes at you. Guyatheas nods. Whiteburn gives a slight nod. Guyatheas says, "Me allso." Whiteburn asks, "Is there anyplace you would like me to take you to?" You meekly say, "My home is nearby..." Whiteburn nods. Guyatheas says, "I am going to go sleep in undershard." Guyatheas nods. You meekly exclaim, "That's a dangerous place!" Whiteburn says to Guyatheas, "I thought I was living dangerously sleeping in a hole in the ground." Guyatheas says, "I like the dark." Guyatheas nods. Whiteburn's slit pupils flare with happiness as she trills at Guyatheas. You meekly say, "Oh no." You meekly ask, "I'll tell Padhg to find a rose, shall I?" You grin like an idiot. Whiteburn says, "You are truly... wonderful. It is no wonder you have recieved Drogor's blessing." Whiteburn gives you an irritated look, lashing her tail at the air. Whiteburn says to Guyatheas, "Perhaps one day I will show you my home.. I, too, love the dark." Whiteburn nods to you. Whiteburn says, "Let's go then." Guyatheas waves. Whiteburn bows to Guyatheas. Guyatheas says, "I will see you around." Guyatheas nods. Guyatheas bows. Whiteburn says, "Be well, Drogor be with you." Guyatheas says, "And with ye." Whiteburn smiles. Guyatheas waves to you. Guyatheas waves to Whiteburn. You wave to Guyatheas. You curtsy gracefully.

This message was originally posted in Events and Happenings in DragonRealms' Elanthia \ General Discussions - Events in General (OOC), by JIGGERS on the play.net forums.