Item:Tenor steelpan made of iron with a braided leather strap
|tenor steelpan made of iron with a braided leather strap|
|Look:||The round instrument has flat sides like a wheel, but its main feature is a deep bowl bearing several shallow indentations used for the various tones. Long and sturdy, the neck strap allows the musician to wear the steelpan while performing, proving particularly useful during energetic numbers. A pattern of delicately wrought starfish decorate the broad outer rim.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 22.500 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||4 length x 3 width x 2 height|
|Sources:||Source is Joys of Noise (4), Joys of Noise (3)|
- The tenor steelpan appears to be a percussion instrument.
- You are certain that the tenor steelpan is crafted from iron or steel.
- You are certain that the tenor steelpan is finely made.
- You are certain that the tenor steelpan needs a hammer to be played.
- It appears that the tenor steelpan can be worn around the neck.
You search your mind for what you know of the tenor steelpan...
The tenor steelpan is a chromatically pitched percussion instrument made from steel that has been stretched into a bowl shape, and then the note pattern is marked onto the surface, with notes of different shapes and sizes being used to create the pitch of the specific steelpan as well as the notes it produces. The steelpan is then played by being struck using a pair of hammers.