Item:Strange clockwork potato
|strange clockwork potato|
|Look:|| A mess of little gears, levers, handles, dials and knobs stuck haphazardly onto a potato-shaped wooden frame, the clockwork potato looks like the product of a Gnomish nightmare. The perpetual odor of naphtha wafts from the contraption. Amid the confusing gears and levers is a small plaque engraved with the phase "I AM A POTATO" in bold letters.|
You don't think the clockwork potato is activated right now. A big START button looks like you can TAP it.
|Appraised Cost:|| 6,250 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||3 length x 2 width x 2 height|
|Sources:||Source is Crazy Gnomish tinker|
- Once 3 or more people have TAPed the potato, one of the players can POKE it to begin the game.
- The player that has poked the potato will be randomly given 2 possible maneuvers. Once completed, that will automatically send the potato to another of the players, who will have 2 choices, etc. The game will continue on until the timer has run out at approx. 60 seconds. The last person holding the potato when time runs out gets the prize.
- needs confirmation: The more passes the potato gets before the timer is up, the better quality the reward.
- In most cases, the players can expect to get some serious wounds and vitality loss, up to and including death.
- Possible maneuvers include:
- On the last charge of the potato, once a prize has been awarded, the player holding it should TOSS or DROP it to avoid the explosion.
- You think that this contraption plays a rather dangerous game of "hot potato". The clockwork potato is fiddled with and passed around until it explodes. Last person standing wins a special item.
- The clockwork potato is not currently active. You think you could TAP it to get started, then GIVE it to someone and have them TAP it to join the game, then POKE it again to start the game.
- TAP with 1 or 2 players joined: You tap the big green button on the front of the clockwork potato that says "START". A timer pops up, indicating that you have thirty seconds to GIVE it to someone to get them to join your game of hot potato.
- TAP 3 or more players joined: You tap the large green button that says "JOIN" on the front of the clockwork potato. A dial turns, showing that you have thirty seconds to pass it to someone else. Alternately, you can POKE the clockwork potato to start the game.
- GIVE you see:
- You invite <player2> to play a game of hot potato.
- You offer your clockwork potato to <player2> , who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
- GIVE others see:
- <player1> invites you to play a game of hot potato. To join the game, ACCEPT the potato and TAP it in the next sixty seconds.
- A large WARNING note reads, "Handling the potato may and probably will be harmful or fatal."
- <player1> offers you a strange clockwork potato. Enter ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.
- POKE with 1 or 2 players joined: You need at least three people participating to start passing the clockwork potato around.
- POKE 3 or more players joined:
- You turn the large knob on the top of the clockwork potato, and an odd whirring noise comes from it. Gears inside start grinding away, and the faint smell of naphtha wafts from a small opening.
- You think that you can <maneuver> or <maneuver> the potato to delay the next explosion.
- brass wolf ring
- ghostly grey cow bracelet
- Hollow Eve tickets x25
- scorched Elf pendant
- scorched panther bracelet
- seaglass Barbarian bauble
- zircon diviner charm
While there are numerous variants for the jewelry found, each will have the following verbs:
- STUDY: You think that you can TURN, HUG, PULL, ROLL, RUB and KISS it.
- TURN: You slowly turn your <adjective> <jewelry type>, admiring its intricate craftsmanship.
- HUG: Holding the <jewelry type>, you cradle its <adjective> figurine lightly in your hand.
- PULL: You pull lightly at the <adjective> figurine on your <jewelry type>, letting go after a moment. It swings back and forth on the <jewelry type>.
- ROLL: You roll your <adjective> <jewelry type> lightly between your fingertips, showing off the detail in the tiny <adjective> figurine.
- RUB 1st time: You vigorously rub your <jewelry type>, scrubbing away the last traces of naphtha on it.
- RUB additional times: You gently rub your fingertips against the <adjective> figurine on your <jewelry type>.
- KISS before rub:
- You raise your <jewelry type> to your lips and give the <adjective> figurine a little kiss.
- It has a faint taste of naphtha clinging to it.
- KISS after rub: You raise your <jewelry type> to your lips and give the <adjective> figurine a little kiss.