|Look:||With an appearance not unlike a tiny caterpillar, the odd insect is slightly less than half an inch long. Vibrant hues of red along its back fade into orange at the edges of its exoskeleton, and it has a complex chewing mouth with tiny mandibles. Six tiny, almost vestigial legs poke out from very near the creature's hard front, while the back is almost worm-like. Strangely, the creature seems to have no eyes at all, but tiny stalks where the eyes should be. It's not moving.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 138,580 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Weevil Basket, House of the Revenant Fang 422/Incidental loot|
- Each weevil has the chance to allow you to learn a spell temporarily (like a spell scroll).
- You can possibly die from eating these or receive varying degrees of physical damage.
- There is also a chance that you will use the weevil. It will unlearn any temporarily memorized spell and render you magically inert. (Uncurse to remove)
There is a good chance you do not learn spells from your own Guild spellbook. So Empath's would not have a chance at an Empath spell, Paladins's at a Paladin spell, etc. (needs to be confirmed by more than 2 sources, 2014)You do have a chance to learn a spell from your own spellbook. (2015)
STUDY: You believe you could CRUSH, EAT, LICK, LISTEN to or SMELL the weevil but you're not sure which, if any of those, are a good idea.
- It's a gamble what the weevil will do: It can potentially make you learn a spell, forget a spell, or it might even kill you. The actions are not not always accurate.
- CRUSH will destroy the weevil.
- LISTEN & SMELL can give you alternate messages to consuming the weevil and learning a spell (eew!).
- NOTE: Listen also can cause you to consume the weevil and temp learn a random spell rather than give you alternative messages. - NOTE: Smell also can cause a head bleeder, a long stun, no alternate messages and change a temp spell you learned to another random spell.
- more information is needed on this color of weevil, including if analogous spells are included.