Item:Giant trinket

From elanthipedia
Jump to: navigation, search


giant trinket
Look: You see nothing unusual.
Weight: 5 stones
Appraised Cost: 37500 Kronars
30,000 Lirums
27,060 Dokoras
37.5 LTBpoints
37.5 Tickets
37.5 Scrips
Dimensions: 1 length x 1 width x 1 height
Sources: Source is Drathrok's Assemblage (5), Drathrok's Assemblage (4), Drathrok's Assemblage (3)

>study my trinket

You are not currently bonded to the trinket. You must first RUB it to become attuned.

>rub trinket

You rub your hand over the surface of the giant trinket and feel it grow warm at your touch. Roundtime: 15 sec.

>study my trinket

To summon your giant, push the trinket. To dismiss your giant, shake the trinket. To remove your bond to the trinket, BREAK it. [The giant trinket is bonded to you without charges.]

>push trinket

As you push the button on your giant trinket, a booming voice comes from within, "STAND CLEAR!" You hear a clap of thunder as something streaks down from the sky toward you. It crashes down violently and quickly bounds up before you as it takes on the shape of a giant clockwork monstrosity. Roundtime: 6 sec.

SUMMONS: a lumbering clockwork giant

>look giant

About half the size of a sky-giant, the machine is made entirely out a variety of gears, cams, wires, and a series of other unexplainable gizmos. Long limbs resembling arms balance the creature when it, along with a loosely attached sphere resembling a head, begin to sway too far in one direction. An uncomfortable looking seat is wedged between a series of levers and several dangerously close gears.

>study giant

Knowing the clockwork giant as you do, you're confident you could do the following:

 HUG
 WAVE
 POINT
 

>hug giant You go over to the giant and attempt to make a gesture of good will. As it moves to return the favor, it clumsily knocks you over with the back of its hand, leaving you prone. You hastily scramble to your feet.

>wave giant

You wave at the giant. With a horrible metallic screech, it turns toward you and waves back, knocking a passing bird from the air.

>point giant

You point at the clockwork giant, and it points back! Right into your head! Dazed, you find yourself some distance from the giant and climb back to your feet.

>shake trinket [DISMISSING THE GIANT]

You give the giant trinket a good shake and something rattles around inside. The giant turns toward you and begins to bound in your direction. Accompanied by a loud crack of thunder, it leaps in the air and disappears in a blur! Roundtime: 7 sec.

>break trinket [BREAKING THE BOND - MOUNT MUST BE SUMMONED TO DO THIS]

You give the giant trinket a good shake and something rattles around inside. The giant turns toward you and begins to bound in your direction. Accompanied by a loud crack of thunder, it leaps in the air and disappears in a blur! Though there's no visible sign, you sense your bond to the giant trinket shatter.

>break trinket [FAILED ATTEMPT TO BREAK THE BOND, SEE ABOVE]

Your mount must be summoned to break the bond with it. [If your mount is summoned, stand in the room with it and try again.]

>mount giant

You make a quick leap toward the giant, and barely manage to catch a few rungs of the ladder mounted to its arm as it lumbers about. You quickly scamper through a series of wires and gears almost losing a finger or six. Like a crazed spider-monkey, you finally fling yourself into the relative safety of the pilot's chair.

>look <rider's name>

<Rider's name> is mounted on a lumbering clockwork giant.

>MOVING A DIRECTION

You squeeze the giant's sides with both your legs to signal the animal to walk <direction>.

ATMO MESSAGES:

The clockwork giant raises its arms up and begins to shake them threateningly. Suddenly, you hear the sound of something breaking! A few springs fly out and the giant's arms return to its side.

A few putters come from the giant as it seems to die down. With a blast of coal-black smoke and few bursts of fire it seems to come alive again.

The clockwork giant reaches up with a limb to pick its nose. As its finger drives into its head, the head tilts back on a giant spring and bobs back and forward wildly as the giant pulls back some imaginary brass booger.

A few loud *BANG*s come from the giant as it begins to shake violently. It begins to glow brightly, before dying down just shy of some catstrophic explosion.

The clockwork giant screeches as it twists, looking for something. You feel a forceful draft as its huge limbs swing just clear of your head!

A few random scraps of metal and blow out gear parts shake free from the clockwork giant as it shambles about.