Eyst/Inquiry Forest of Night/Event Log 2

From elanthipedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Event Name: Offering to the Forest
Event Instance: Prime
Real Date: 2021-09-25
Game Date of Event: 439-06-05
Point of View: Eyst
You say, "Evening to you all, let's see.. it's just about time. I'll explain a bit of our endeavor tonight."

Soul Surgeon Zynell just arrived, leading her group.

Alchemy Master Lilustra just arrived.

Lilustra glances up at the sky.

Sothios smiles at Ruea.

Yvela glances up at the sky.

You say, "Many of you were at the last gathering so you likely know the general idea of what we'll be attempting. We're seeking knowledge of the forest from the Dryads, and to win their aid an offering will be made to both them and the Nyads."

Carnage Darling Dantia just arrived.

Sothios just hugged Elurora.

Elurora looks at Sothios and blushes.

Sothios smiles.

Elurora hugs Sothios, who wraps his arms around Elurora with a warm smile.

Elurora grins at Sothios.

Dantia smiles.

Elurora quietly asks Sothios, "Have you met my friend, Bel?"

Ruea raises an eyebrow.

Elurora points at Claribel.

Sothios pulls Dantia to him in a tight hug.

Elurora bows to Dantia.

Dantia pulls Sothios to her in a tight hug.

Jindala waves to Dantia.

Betlind bows to Dantia.

Sothios asks, "Bel?"

Sothios says, "Nope."

Dantia beams at Claribel!

You say, "These offerings consist of pure water taken from a stream within the region, but well away from the blighted area, along with earth and plants that I've collected."

Sothios just took the hand of Claribel and gently kissed the back of it.

You say, "And wonderfully, several of you have offerings of your own."

Sothios says, "Sothis."

Sothios says, "Sothios even."

Sothios says, "Its a pleasure."

Dantia smiles at Madigan.

Dantia curtsies to Ruea.

Elurora grins at Hebion.

Kintryn curtsies to Ruea.

You say, "Don't worry though, there should be plenty to go around if you'd like to participate in the offerings themselves."

Ruea whispers something to Dantia.

Dantia grins at Claribel.

Ruea curtsies gracefully.

Claribel nibbles her lip thoughtfully.

Hebion studies the faces around him.

Ruea smiles at Kintryn.

Kintryn waves to Betlind.

Betlind smiles at Kintryn, revealing the dimples in her cheeks.

Zynell adds Kolja to her group.

Dantia grins at Ruea.

Claribel nods emphatically at Dantia.

Elurora nods to Sothios.

Sothios grins at Elurora.

[Endrus Forest, Crossroads] A stand of lofty ironwood trees chokes the winding road which narrows to barely a wagon's width. Thick, bulbous roots snake over the earth, and gnarled branches twist overhead nearly blotting out the sky. Odd noises and beastly grunts drift from the malevolent shadows, lending truth to the bardic myths of a haunted forest along the trade route. Also here: Kintryn, Carnage Darling Dantia, Alchemy Master Lilustra, Mastermind Telamont, Sothios, Soul Surgeon Zynell who is emanating a bright holy aura, Life Tender Jindala, Sir Madigan, Kolja, Philomath Miskton, Shield Maiden Betlind, Ruea, Researcher Nsar, Sir Hebion, Gardener Claribel, Squire Elurora and Philosopher Yvela.

Obvious paths: southwest, northwest.

Betlind smiles at Dantia, revealing the dimples in her cheeks.

Ruea whispers something to Dantia.

Dantia nods at Betlind, obviously agreeing with her views.

Kintryn says, "Kaelie got them earlier Dantia."

You say, "Now, as far as our goals. Studying the forest and other such areas has been a job of mine and the purpose of making contact with the dryads is that they share important knowledge with us."

Elurora slowly says, "Since I see a number of Paladins, is there anyone who might not be able to stand up to the creatures within if attacked? It might not hurt to offer them protection before we go in if so."

Dantia says to Kintryn, "I suppose I can allow it this once."

High Wizard Dasheek just arrived.

Dasheek waves.

You say, "So, should we make contact I believe questions relating to the forest and its curse should be paramount. If it's possible to learn more, all the better."

Dasheek says, "I been excited about this one since I heard about it.."

Dasheek nods to you.

Dantia curtsies to you.

You say, "Well then, anyone not already ready to move into the forest please follow me."

Newswoman Navesi just arrived.

Navesi nods politely.

You say, "Please avoid picking any fruits and be wary of any thorned vines on our way to the first location."

Jindala says, "Ack. I just got called back up north for an emergency. I'm so sorry."

Jindala exclaims, "Really really sorry. I hope it all goes well and I can help next time!"

Navesi says, "Excuse me a moment."

You say, "Alright, here we go."

Dasheek says, "How's everyone doin'..."

[Forest of Night, Sheltered Cove] The murky waters of the river eddy here, making it a pleasant place to simply sit and relax. A large piece of driftwood found its way here in some distant time, and is now covered nearly halfway with silt and mud, leaving it stuck firmly in place. Along with a few tangled roots that jut out of the river bank, they provide relatively dry resting spots. The long branches of willows bend toward the water, giving you the distinct impression of widows weeping for a lost love. Also here: High Wizard Dasheek, Ruea, Squire Elurora, Philosopher Yvela, Sir Madigan, Philomath Miskton, Sir Hebion, Shield Maiden Betlind, Kolja, Alchemy Master Lilustra, Soul Surgeon Zynell who is emanating a bright holy aura, Gardener Claribel, Carnage Darling Dantia, Kintryn, Sothios, Mastermind Telamont and Newswoman Navesi. Obvious paths: out.

You say, "No blood-thirsty Nyads, that's a good sign I suppose."

Claribel looks over her shoulder nervously.

Researcher Nsar just arrived.

Ruea whispers something to Dantia.

Kolja casually observes the area.

Dasheek nods in agreement.

Dasheek says, "Those always did scare me somethin' awful.."

The blood nyad flows up suddenly from the ground.

The blood nyad flows up suddenly from the ground.

The blood nyad flows up suddenly from the ground.

The blood nyad flows up suddenly from the ground.

The blood nyad flows up suddenly from the ground.

You say, "Oh dear."

Miskton says, "Ah."

Elurora says to Claribel, "Don't worry, I'm guarding you."

Elurora positions herself to intercept the blood nyad's strike against Claribel!

Madigan says, "Shield on Kolja."

You say, "I'd hope we don't need to resort to violence."

Kolja says, "Thank you. I rather not.. fight them. Heh."

Betlind nods to Hebion.

Kolja says, "They seem to like me regardless..."

Dasheek says, "Very much so."

Yvela says, "I don't expect they'll stop outside of special means, unfortunately."

Hebion says, "Useless council spell."

Dasheek asks, "Anyone got some special means?"

Kolja asks, "Should we banner?"

  • Madigan hurls himself in front of Kolja, taking the brunt of the blood nyad's blow against his ceremonial aegis!

Elurora positions herself to intercept the blood nyad's strike against Claribel!

Navesi asks, "Shall I calm them?"

You say, "We may have to go on to the other area if we can't calm them."

Telamont gestures at a blood nyad.

A crackling stream of energy flies at a blood nyad!

A large bubble erupts on the skin of its left arm, but it quickly puckers up and splits in the center sending bits of unidentifiable ooze spluttering through the air.

The blood nyad is stunned!



[An unfortunate amount of dead Nyads later]



Miskton says, "I could try to magically convince them to leave, but not as efficiently as a bard."

Navesi says, "They're calm now, unless you attack them."

Madigan praises Navesi.

Claribel quietly says to Elurora, "Thanks, miss."

You say, "Well, not exactly the opening note I wanted for the venture but perhaps we can make it up to them."

Navesi smiles at Ruea.

Telamont says, "Sorry its habbit."

You say, "Our first offering will be that of water."

You say, "I have hear a number of chalices for those wishing to take part."

Dasheek exclaims, "Nice!"

Miskton says, "I brought a bit of water as well, myself. From a bit far afield, as I'm not sure how their preferences might run."

You say, "Much appreciated, avail yourselves of the chalices or navesi's."

Elurora giggles at Betlind.

Nsar leans against a large piece of driftwood.

You say, "Now then, let's see if we can get the Nyads attention... in a good way, and convince them of our good intentions."

(Yvela sets her basin down not far from the banner.)

Yvela drops a basin.

Dantia smiles at Yvela.

Navesi nods to you.

Claribel giggles at Betlind.

Navesi says to you, "I brought a few instruments not made of wood, if you'd like any music."

Betlind's cambrinth calf emits a startled "moo!"

Claribel quietly exclaims to Betlind, "Didja name the calf? Might hafta!"

Lilustra gets some water from inside a small wooden barrel.

You say to Navesi, "That would be lovely. I recall what you mentioned about Faenella and hopefully it will ring true."

Navesi asks, "Where shall we place the offerings, first?"

(Miskton steps over and places his water down by the basin.)

Betlind says to Claribel, "Thinkin' somethin' along the lines of Moomer. He only gets talky in groups, of course."

You say, "Hold them for now."

You clear your throat.

Miskton says, "Ah."

Ruea smiles.

(Eyst plods over to the water's edge and gazes out over the murky cove. Raising his chalice slightly he begins to speak.)

Dantia observes you with fascination.

Ruea just nudged Navesi.

Navesi gets a darkstone temple drum embellished with shimmering rivertear charms from inside her watersilk bag.

Yvela folds her arms across her chest.

Zynell opens her prayer tome.

You loudly say, "I appeal to the Nyads of these waters to stay their hands and hear me! All those gathered here tonight come offering both good will and what we hope will be a small salve for your pain."

You loudly say, "We ask for safe passage as we travel beside your waters. We also seek wisdom from you and your cousins that we might better aid the Forest."

Something rustles in the foliage, the leaves shaking. A shadow leaps between a pair of nearby tree, too fast to follow.

Elurora gets a chalice from inside a small black-striped bag.

Elurora nods to Claribel.

Dantia gets a blue glass bottle with a crackled interior from inside a swirling eddy of incandescent light bound by a gold-striated coralite frame.

Dasheek winces.

(Eyst looks towards the group and waves a hand forward, "If you've an offering then please come forward. It might also be good for them to hear affirmations of our mission from others, should anyone like to.")

(Yvela glances up at something.)

(Navesi gently begins to beat a tattoo upon her darkstone drum.)

You catch a glimpse of a pair of eyes perched in a tree.

Lilustra gazes at her chalice.

Dasheek smiles and steps forward, chalice in hand.

Elurora gazes up at the sky.

Ruea smiles.

Dasheek holds a chalice high into the air for all to see.

Lilustra holds a chalice high into the air for all to see.

Betlind kneels down.

(Kolja fills up her chalice with water from the basin.)

Elurora glances at a chalice.

Claribel glances at Elurora.

Lilustra says, "I humbly hope this does ease some of your pain."

(Dantia takes a step forward and raises her chalice high into the air, mimicking the others.)

Dasheek exclaims, "We don't mean any harm, and most of us, well... I, for one, just want to reconnect with the forest. I know you need no help, destroyer of armies!"

Dasheek ducks his head.

Nsar asks, "You dont think blood would be a better offer to Blood Dryads and Blood Nyads?"

Nsar raises an eyebrow.

A bird call echoes through the area, followed by an... owl hooting? The calls sound strange.

Elurora casually observes the area.

Claribel holds a chalice high into the air for all to see.

You say, "I think they might have seen enough blood. But perhaps."

Kintryn smiles.

Nsar says, "Fair enough."

Nsar nods.

Claribel looks at Elurora and shrugs.

Dasheek nods at you, obviously agreeing with your views.

Yvela quietly says, "Watcher in the trees."

You hear a series of clicks.

(Eyst pauses a moment to let the music fill the area following the testaments of those gathered.)

Betlind stands up.

Miskton says, "Yes, hopefully this water is of some solace to you. I've brought some pure and clean, from a distant place, in case something new is pleasing to you."

Lilustra kneels down.

(Navesi keeps a simple, delicate rhythm upon the drum, gently creating a soft, ringing resonance by playing upon the sides as well as the drum skin.)

Dasheek bows.

You say, "Very good, let use continue then."

Elurora stands near Claribel.

You loudly say, "From the story we've been told your waters have been blighted for near a thousand years! I don't know if any memory remains among you of what this cove was like before that time. But the blight does not extend forever. Those of us not bound as you are can still find streams and coves of pure waters like those that used to flow here."

You loudly say, "We offer you a taste of what was, and what may be again."

Navesi's voice grows deeper, hovering at the edge of her register. As she completes each phrase the notes hang on the air, blending together in a wraith-like array of sound.

Dantia gives a slight nod.

(Eyst extends his chalice forward as part of his statement and motions to the others, "Now, if you please.")

An owl hoots again, closer. Something sounds off.

You pour all of your water from your chalice on the ground.

Dasheek pours some water from his chalice on the ground.

Lilustra bows.

Elurora pours some water from her chalice on the ground.

Dasheek puts his chalice in a small black-striped bag.

Claribel pours some water from her chalice on the ground.

Dantia pours some water from her chalice on the ground.

Miskton drops a glass of pure glacial water.

Kintryn begins pouting.

Kintryn pours some water from her chalice on the ground.

(Eyst tips his vessel forward with the group's, allowing his and the rest of the offerings to be absorbed by the dark waters below. A little less ceremoniously, he tips the barrel at the water's edge letting the reserves freely flow into the cove.)

A pair of antlers peak from behind a tree, worn like a crown atop a muddy face. The visage glances at you, then hides behind the tree again, vanishing.

Dasheek smiles and retreats slowly, bowing every few steps.

(Navesi punctuates each offering with a tiny flourish upon her drum, the simple singing of the instrument like raindrops upon a still pool.)

(Ruea gently draws the bouquet of violets from the jar and scatters the blossoms across the surface of the water silently.)

Yvela raises an eyebrow.

(Miskton glances sharply toward the trees.)

Claribel breathes in slightly.

Betlind searches around for a moment.

[Forest of Night, Sheltered Cove] The murky waters of the river eddy here, making it a pleasant place to simply sit and relax. A large piece of driftwood found its way here in some distant time, and is now covered nearly halfway with silt and mud, leaving it stuck firmly in place. Along with a few tangled roots that jut out of the river bank, they provide relatively dry resting spots. The long branches of willows bend toward the water, giving you the distinct impression of widows weeping for a lost love. You also see some water, a glass of pure glacial water, some water, some water, some water, some water, some water, a basin, a small wooden barrel, a small black-striped bag and a ghostly white banner. Also here: a calmed Squire Elurora, a calmed High Wizard Dasheek, a calmed Carnage Darling Dantia, a calmed Kolja, a calmed Ruea, a calmed Sir Madigan, a calmed Philomath Miskton, a calmed Shield Maiden Betlind, a calmed Alchemy Master Lilustra who is kneeling, a calmed Soul Surgeon Zynell who is emanating a bright holy aura, a calmed Gardener Claribel, a calmed Kintryn, a calmed Sothios, a calmed Mastermind Telamont, a calmed Newswoman Navesi, a calmed Philosopher Yvela, a calmed Sir Hebion and a calmed Researcher Nsar. Obvious paths: out.

Kintryn ponders.

Zynell drops some water.

Elurora asks Claribel, "Did you see that?"

(Miskton looks up nervously.)

You look around, trying to appear nonchalant.

Dasheek says to Betlind, "Good luck finding them. They ARE the forest.."

Claribel gives Elurora a slight nod.

Betlind begins chortling at Dasheek.

You ask, "You all saw something?"

Yvela nods to you.

Miskton says, "I didn't get a good look at that figure, but I've seen something like that before, in a vision."

Kintryn nods to you.

An orb of sticks and leaves rolls into the center of the gathering, and falls apart, scattering into foliage and debris.

Madigan stands near Dantia.

You pick up a small black-striped bag.

Dantia quietly says, "I have live my life pledged to protect the living. You will find no harm here."

(Yvela glances warily at the orb of sticks.)

Mazrian just arrived.

You say, "Interesting. Well, I'll take that as a good sign then. Perhaps we should rest a moment before continueing on."

Mazrian joins your group.

Dantia nods at you, obviously agreeing with your views.

You pick up a small wooden barrel.

Navesi smiles at Mazrian.

Betlind nods.

Lilustra stands up.

Betlind smiles, revealing the dimples in her cheeks.

Mazrian quietly asks, "Hope I'm not interrupting?"

Mazrian smiles at Navesi.

Dasheek says to Mazrian, "Doubt it. Long as you don't mean any harm."

Dasheek nods to Mazrian.

(Claribel holds Elurora's hand tightly, leaning into her side.)

You say, "Not at all, we've just completed an offering, but you're just in time for the next."

Elurora flashes a quick grin at Claribel.

(Dantia peers off into the trees in the direction she believes the orb of sticks and leaves came from.)

Miskton says, "In the vision, when I sa a man wearing a crown of antlers, he pulled me into a copse, covered my mouth and pointed upwards at... something."

Navesi whispers something to Mazrian.

Mazrian says to Dasheek, "No harm to anyone here, anyway."

Elurora gazes up at the sky.

Miskton gazes up at the sky.

Elurora glances at Miskton.

Navesi gazes up at the sky.

(Eyst gazes up towards the tree boughs.)

Dasheek gives a slight nod.

Mazrian rubs the back of his neck and looks around.

Betlind blinks.

Navesi glances up at the sky.

You ask, "Everyone here and accounted for... yes?"

Navesi softly says, "Well, it is a beautiful night."

Dantia glances up at the sky.

You say, "Well, moving on then I suppose. Do stay close."

Mazrian says to Navesi, "It is a beautiful night for this."

Elurora blinks.

You ponder.

Yvela says, "May wish to hold for a moment more."

Kintryn says, "Hmm."

Dasheek says, "Ya. I think that's probably a good idea."

(Dantia squints further into the forest, looking for movement.)

Yvela frowns in thought.

Elurora quietly asks, "Maybe we should talk more quietly?"

Dasheek says, "The antlered one apparently thinks so.."

(Navesi offers another little flourish of her music with Mazrian's water, the smooth notes reinforcing a calming presence.)

You say, "Be ready to move, anyone not already following."

Miskton says, "I suppose... he wants us to follow him. But perhaps quietly..."

Yvela nods.

Yvela says, "Seems so..."

You say, "Onward then."

You plod out, leading your group.

[Forest of Night, Outer Woods] Dark boughs and trunks hunch miserably over the path or against each other, some so warped that they have grown together in convoluted twists that make it hard to trace with the eye where one begins and the other ends. The ground that marks the trail has been pulled up and scraped away with surgical purity, leaving nothing but stark, packed black earth where the eldritch life of the forest once harbored its plants and took root. You also see a shadowed trail. Also here: a calmed Sir Hebion, a calmed Philosopher Yvela, a calmed Newswoman Navesi, a calmed Mastermind Telamont, a calmed Sothios, a calmed Kintryn, a calmed Gardener Claribel, a calmed Soul Surgeon Zynell who is emanating a bright holy aura, a calmed Alchemy Master Lilustra, a calmed Shield Maiden Betlind, a calmed Philomath Miskton, a calmed Sir Madigan, a calmed Ruea, a calmed Kolja, a calmed Carnage Darling Dantia, a calmed High Wizard Dasheek, a calmed Squire Elurora and a calmed Mazrian. Obvious paths: north, south.

You say, "Yes, this looks like the spot. I believe we're just outside the domain of the Dryad's we're seeking. Hopefully close enough to gain their attention without impinging on their grove."

You nod.

Mazrian says, "Mm."

Dantia glances up at the sky.

You say, "Now, I've managed to acquire quite an assortment of flora here. Flowers, cuttings, a couple saplings I believe... and earth from the same grove as the water. What with the dreariness surrounding us perhaps just the variety of colors might be enough to appease them."

You get a flimsy wooden apple crate from inside your tinker's pack.

Elurora quietly asks, "Would they want dead flowers?"

Elurora shifts her weight.

Dantia smiles at you.

You say, "They're quite alive... I believe."

In the apple crate you see an aldam lorma blossom, a spidery purple bloom, a blood-red adder's tongue bloom, a sprig of rosemary, a leafy hosta, a painted fern, a stalk of yarrow, a blooming yellow melilot, a sprig of cloudberry blossoms, a huge amethyst vine bloom, some dirt, some dirt, some dirt, some dirt, some dirt, some dirt and some dirt.

You drop a flimsy wooden apple crate.

(Eyst pats the large, open-topped crate he's standing beside. Its wooden sides mildly bent with the strain of holding in the dirt and plethora of growing things peaking out the top.)

Dantia rummages about her person, looking for something.

Elurora gets some dirt from inside her encompassing shadows.

Dasheek whispers something to Kintryn.

Dantia smiles at Claribel.

You say, "Please feel free to pull something up from the crate so we can begin transferring them. Or readying your own offerings, as I believe a few of us have them tonight."

Miskton says, "I wasn't sure what exactly dryads might care for... I went and acquired some healthy worms, as I understand that they are good for the health of the soil."

Mazrian gets some blue flowers from a pile on the ground.

Mazrian puts his flowers in a flimsy wooden apple crate.

Yvela gets a replenished khor'vela sapling from inside her black haversack.

Dasheek nods to Kintryn.

Dantia grins at Miskton.

Dasheek gets a blood-red adder's tongue bloom from inside a flimsy wooden apple crate.

You get a blooming yellow melilot from inside a flimsy wooden apple crate.

Zynell gets a huge amethyst vine bloom from inside a flimsy wooden apple crate.

You say, "Now, I'd attempt another speech like at the cove but I don't know that gardening and dramatics go quite hand and hand. Still we should announce ourselves."

Betlind gets a sprawling mass of creeping rosemary from inside a flimsy wooden apple crate.

Betlind bows.

Claribel gets a stalk of yarrow from inside a flimsy wooden apple crate.

You loudly say, "Dryads of the grove, hear and attend us! We gather here bearing a gift of a life and earth untainted by the Forest's blight."

Kintryn grins at Dasheek.

Madigan nods to Dantia.

Dasheek looks at Kintryn and shrugs.

You loudly say, "We seek your good graces and pray you might aid us in our quest to know more about the Forest and the curse that torments you and your grove."

Kintryn nods to Dasheek.

(Navesi continues to provide a backdrop of quiet, soothing rhythms, gentle tones pattering like rain.)

You loudly say, "We offer these gifts freely and make no demands. Should you be unwilling or unable to aid us we will leave you with this small garden as a token. From those of us with the privilege of such splendor, in the hopes that you might one day share in it as well."

Ruea ponders.

(Yvela glances up into the twisted boughs.)

You get a curved iron shovel from inside a swirling eddy of incandescent light bound by a gold-striated coralite frame.

Lilustra bows her head in acknowledgement.

You ask, "Now... who wants to do the shoveling?"

Dasheek drops a blood-red adder's tongue bloom.

Claribel gets a little windsteel gardener's shovel with a blunted blade from inside her silk backpack.

Dantia grins at you.

Claribel asks, "I, uhm. I brought one of my shovels?"

Elurora rubs her nose.

Lilustra gets a tapered steel shovel from inside her backpack.

Claribel says, "And... and earth from my garden. From where my pumpkins are coming along nice."

You tap a curved iron shovel that you are holding.

Claribel says, "And! I'm borrowing bit of this yarrow from the crate. Which is good, on account of yarrow representing love and healing."

(Miskton glances around, trying to spot anything moving behind the nearby trees.)

Navesi smiles at Claribel.

Navesi quietly says to Claribel, "You must be quite the gardener."

Claribel quietly asks you, "Though, how.. uhm. Do we.. are we plantin' or how?"

Claribel frets.

You say to Lilustra, "Thank you though, perhaps you could aid me in making a mound for our offer."

Claribel says to Navesi, "Tryin', it reminds me of home -- my little garden that is."

Lilustra gazes down at the ground.

(Nefis observes from a distance, attempting to not disrupt the ritual, a small smirk on his face.)

You say to Claribel, "Hm, much the way and garden is made I suppose."

Claribel says to you, "I can try that."

Claribel glances at a little windsteel gardener's shovel with a blunted blade.

Claribel casually observes the area.

Lilustra asks, "I fear I am not worthy of such an honor surely there is another to do this?"

(Eyst begins moving shovelloads of dirt from the crate into a roughly circular area.)

Betlind widens her eyes like a lunatic.

Kolja kneels down.

Dantia glances up at the sky.

Miskton says, "Hmm."

Yvela tilts her head to one side.

You frown.

(Claribel watches Eyst for a moment before stepping a few paces to the side and crouching down.)

Claribel kneels down.

Sothios gets a sprig of cloudberry blossoms from inside a flimsy wooden apple crate.

Claribel quietly says, "Can't hurt t'have more, more the merry."

Claribel gazes up at the sky.

Navesi quietly asks you, "Maybe not here?"

Yvela quietly says, "Not this? Or not here? Hm."

Claribel tilts her head up.

(Elurora trails over to stand at Claribel's back, watching the forest carefully.)

You ponder.

You hear bird call, fading into the distance. An owl hoots twice.

Claribel quietly says to Hebion, "No? Or..."

Claribel frets.

Miskton ponders.

Claribel quietly says to herself, "It's all just a bit odd here."

Mazrian whispers to your group, "Can be well meaning and incredibly dangerous at the same time."

Claribel leans back.

Miskton asks, "Further in, perhaps?"

You say, "Well. I suppose we could go further in."

Hebion says, "The Guardian seemed hesitant."

Lilustra stands up.

Claribel leaps to her feet!

Lilustra gazes down at the ground.

Claribel quietly says to Elurora, "Y'know, it's much easier in my own garden."

Claribel grins weakly at Elurora.

Elurora flashes a quick grin at Claribel.

Claribel gazes up at the sky.

Elurora quietly says to Claribel, "Probably safer too."

You ask, "I'd say we made a decent offering here regardless. There's still some dirt and plants to go around... is everyone in favor of going further in?"

Claribel says to Elurora, "Not always."

Yvela nods to you.

Navesi nods.

Elurora gives you a slight nod.

Miskton nods to you.

Dasheek gives you an emphatic nod.

Yvela says, "Whomever this is may want us somewhere particular."

You say, "Very well. There's a likely looking grove I believe the priestess use. Perhaps we might look there."

(Elurora crouches down to pat a little handful of clean dirt into the pile.)

Miskton says, "Possibly wants to show us something."

You ask, "Is everyone prepared to move?"

Mazrian says to Yvela, "They seemed to have something in mind."

Mazrian says, "Good to move."

You say, "Onward then."

[Forest of Night, Willow Valley] Opening up slightly into a haze-filled meadow, the area here is largely arranged around a broken altar. Large chunks of moss crawl across the surface of the altar, obscuring lumps on its surface. Small, recently planted khor'vela trees encircle the altar. Also here: High Wizard Dasheek, Ruea, Squire Elurora, Sir Madigan, Philomath Miskton, Shield Maiden Betlind, Alchemy Master Lilustra, Soul Surgeon Zynell who is emanating a bright holy aura, Gardener Claribel, Kintryn, Sothios, Mastermind Telamont, Newswoman Navesi, Philosopher Yvela, Sir Hebion, Carnage Darling Dantia, Mazrian and Arcanist Nefis. Obvious paths: north, northeast, northwest.

>look tree

Freshly tilled dirt is packed around the roots of the carnivorous tree, as if someone had transplanted it here not long ago.

You gesture at a khor'vela tree.

You say, "Incidentally these are the trees I mentioned before."

Dasheek whispers to your group, "Let's walk soft, too.. Seems like what the antlered one wanted."

Navesi says, "Just the normal activity here. I imagine we've caught the eye of one or a few in particular."



[A good amount of effort and scroll trying to get some Priestesses calmed down]



Mazrian nods to Ruea.

Lilustra says, "Thank you for your concern but I do not believe I am in danger."

You ask, "It's rather hectic... has anyone seen any glimpse of the thing we're following?"

Miskton says, "Haven't noticed seeing or hearing anything, but it has been a little chaotic."

Dasheek says, "This many skilled eyes.. I doubt we'd ALL miss it.."

Dantia says, "Same, I did not see our antlered friend."

You ask, "Does anyone have thoughts where else he might have been trying to lead us?"

Navesi says, "Well, there is an altar here."

>look altar

Unidentifiable stains can be seen along the uncovered areas while small piles of what looks to be bone chips litter the area nearby.

You nod to Navesi.

Miskton asks, "Any other places of note in the forest that come to mind?"

Navesi says, "It seems a likely enough place to try, and perhaps we will spot our guide again."

Yvela asks, "Hm, a moment or two more here, maybe?"

Yvela says, "The dryads have gone away, I notice."

Dantia asks you, "Perhaps you could voice your question to him or her?"

You say, "AH, so they have."

You see Kolja touch a broken moss-covered altar with odd-shaped lumps.

Jindala examines a broken moss-covered altar with odd-shaped lumps.

You say, "Well, I'll pose our question then."

You loudly say, "If there is some entity out there willing to aid us, we seek knowledge that we might in term aid you and the forest."

You hear someone in the shadows say something. The words are so malformed you swear they were speaking with no mouth!

Elurora furrows her brow.

Dantia frowns.

Claribel tilts her head to one side.

Mazrian blinks.

Yvela frowns quickly.

Navesi cocks her head.

Navesi traces a curving sigil in the air.

Dasheek asks, "Anyone with Tongues?"

Navesi gestures.

A myriad of disjointed sounds seem to linger aimlessly in the air for a few moments before they blend together into phrases you quickly recognize.

You feel your mind sharpen further under the power of Navesi's spell.

Navesi quietly says, "We now all have the Aura of Tongues."

You loudly say, "Tell us of the curse you suffer under, tell us of the one who placed it on you, tell us whatever you believe we need know."

(Yvela gingerly sets her khor'vela sapling down near the altar.)

Yvela drops a replenished khor'vela sapling.

Dasheek says, "Please."

Dasheek ducks his head.

You nod.

You say to Dasheek, "Indeed."

Elurora shifts her weight.

Madigan pats Dasheek on the back.

(Navesi's gentle music continues with the same quiet insistence as the rains falling, the wind blowing, the daily patter of sounds amongst the forest.)

You ponder.

You ask, "Antlers... I don't suppose anyone has ever seen a dryad with antlers?"

Yvela glances up at the sky.

Elurora shakes her head at you.

Zelenti just arrived.

Ruea quietly asks, "Why do you think that's a dryad?"

You nod in agreement.

Dasheek nods to Madigan.

You ask, "To the question I was about to pose. That if it's not a dryad, then what exactly is it?"

Miskton says, "Haven't gotten a good look at this figure, but it does seem much like the vision I saw, and the figure wearing a crown of antlers was a man in that."

Zynell reaches toward a khor'vela tree, but stops before she touches it.

Mazrian points at a replenished khor'vela sapling on the ground.

Navesi nods to Miskton.

Dasheek says to Miskton, "You mentioned it pointing up..."

Zynell examines a khor'vela tree.

Dasheek points up.

You ponder.

>climb tree

You can't climb that.

Yvela folds her arms across her chest.

Lilustra gazes up at the sky.

Miskton says, "He pulled me into a copse of holly, covering my mouth. Then held a finger to his lips and pointed upward."

Dasheek says, "It's been a while, but I don't remember any good climbing trees around here.."

Elurora gazes up at the sky.

Miskton says, "The vision faded as I started to look up."

Yvela glances up at the sky.

Dasheek glances up at the sky.

Elurora quietly asks, "Is there holly around here anywhere?"

Jindala smiles hesitantly and glances around, then quietly lays a two-tone acorn with a few leaves still attached and a handful of rich, brown soil by the altar.

Dasheek points at Elurora.

Zynell gazes up at the sky.

You say, "I believe I might know of one tree."

Kintryn says, "This tree looks freshly transplanted."

Navesi says, "A good thought."

Madigan says, "The tree is freshly planted."

Miskton says, "I will at least leave my worms here for the dryads, though. Hopefully they can make use of them."

Elurora quietly asks, "Should we send Sir Hebion there first to make it safe?"

Navesi nods to Elurora.

Navesi says, "I would recommend it."

Hebion says, "Just let me know where I should make safe."

You focus your magical senses on a khor'vela tree.

The khor'vela tree has no discernible magical pattern.

Madigan nods.

Claribel quietly says to Miskton, "That's a good idea, I think? Worms are real helpful creatures."

Betlind softly says, "Just follow the hooting..."

You ask, "Shall we visit the tree then?"

Jindala asks, "I'm trying to remember my trees... Aren't those carnivorous?"

You say, "Unless someone knows where that copse of holly may be."

Hebion says to Betlind, "You haven't spent much time around ranger women if you trust hooting."

Elurora quietly says, "Miskton's vision seems to imply we should."

Mazrian nods to Elurora.

Yvela whispers something to Navesi.

Dasheek asks, "Something tried to communicate with us.. We all heard that, yes?"

You nod.

Dasheek asks, "Maybe it was telling us to be elsewhere?"

Jindala says, "I don't have any mice on hand like Certain People do, but maybe it's hungry, poor wee thing."

Miskton says to you, "Pormithius looking for you."

You say, "Onward then."

Claribel says to Jindala, "They are carnivorous, and real interesting plants."

Jindala says to Claribel, "And share part of a name with our dear Vela."

Navesi whispers something to Mazrian.

Navesi shivers.

Navesi gives Yvela a slight nod.

Mazrian whispers something to Navesi.

Dantia smiles at Jindala.

Yvela nods to you.

Kintryn smiles at Ayrell.

Sir Hebion goes north.

Yvela says to you, "Aye, I'll leave the sapling here. Seems the best place for it to flourish."

You nod.


[Some further looking around the forest happened but nothing else of note was seen]