Dane Family Dergati Vigil

From elanthipedia
Jump to: navigation, search


This article has been tagged for wikification.
In other words, the format needs a bit of cleaning up and wikicode added to it.
Check Articles for wikification for more articles needing wikification.


Dergati Vigil (long log) · on 9/15/2010 05:09:03pm 8413
Valkri looks up and sighs, smiling.

Valkri puts her bottle in her leather rucksack.

Valkri gets some sacramental wine from inside her devotional pouch.

Terra recites:

"The altar has been cleaned, does anyone wish to make an offering?"

You say into the darkness in Ilithic, "It does have a point."

A deft turn of phrase keeps each passing note of Terra's singing delicate and airy, spoken only lightly.

Valkri puts her wine in her devotional pouch.

Nerezza whispers something to Sebastienne.

Vahlissa tucks a piece of hhr'lav'geluhh bark into the scroll and parchment compartment of her spellbook case.

Sebastienne gets a pale silver prayer bead chain from inside her nightsilk haversack.

Valkri gets a slitted blood-red eyeball from inside her leather rucksack.

Sebastienne moves a pale silver prayer bead chain to her left hand. Sebastienne moves a wood shrike bead to her right hand.

Sebastienne offers Nerezza a wood shrike bead.

Nerezza accepts Sebastienne's shrike bead.

Alyseanna gets a smudged parchment from inside her silk longcoat.

Sebastienne offers Ceich a wood shrike bead.

Nerezza curtsies to Sebastienne.

[Ker'Leor, Zindalyi Lyba] A rough chunk of stone rises from the floor as though it grew from the mountains themselves. Closer inspection reveals careful chiseling and subtle carving to create a flat-topped altar. This part of the tunnel is hushed, the stone floor clean, the walls spotless, but thrums with power. Someone -- or something -- keeps the altar in good repair. Small bits of bone and feathers are arranged behind the altar, holding meaning known only to those who laid them there. Also here: Guard Commander Aaiyaah who is surrounded by a shadowy magma red ethereal shield, Inferno Redeth who is surrounded by a shadowy magma red ethereal shield, Emerald Knight Linessa who is surrounded by a shadowy magma red ethereal shield, Muse Terra who is shining with a pale green glow, Heartbreaker Mahone who is surrounded by a shadowy magma red ethereal shield, Elementress Jaxilynn who is surrounded by a shadowy magma red ethereal shield, Colonel Somniumvisum who is surrounded by a shadowy magma red ethereal shield, Vahlissa who is surrounded by a shadowy magma red ethereal shield, Elemental Bloodbath Starlear who is surrounded by a shadowy magma red ethereal shield, Arcane Mistress Fyrelace who is surrounded by a shadowy magma red ethereal shield, Perfect Storm Sebastienne, Ceich, Dame Nerezza, Sacrificer Alyseanna, Saranari, Senior Commander Gwenddolyn, Maniac Torgrailian, Ascendant Flowers, Commander Draeya, Lieutenant Falila, Spirit Dancer Valkri who is shrouded in ghostly flames, Shark Aeviona, Raider Ogdaro, Renegade Silvwyn, Cined, Observer Miskton and Ysselt. Obvious exits: southeast, southwest.

Ceich accepts Sebastienne's shrike bead.

Aaiyaah nods to Gwenddolyn.

Alyseanna gets a parchment shrike primer from inside her spidersilk backpack.

Valkri asks, "Does anyone need an eye or bead?"

Miskton gets a wolf spider eye from inside his thigh bag.

Cined says, "Sure, why not."

Cined nods to Valkri.

Torgrailian raises his hand.

Starlear fidgets nervously.

Valkri offers Cined a slitted blood-red eyeball.

Gwenddolyn chuckles.

Cined accepts Valkri's blood-red eyeball.

Valkri gets a slitted blood-red eyeball from inside her leather rucksack.

Valkri offers Torgrailian a slitted blood-red eyeball.

Torgrailian accepts Valkri's blood-red eyeball.

Terra gets a wolf spider eye from inside her music satchel.

Linessa raises her hand.

Terra offers Linessa a cream lace agate worry stone etched with Albreda's dove.

Valkri gets a slitted blood-red eyeball from inside her leather rucksack.

Ceich says, "I'd like to make an offering."

Linessa accepts Terra's worry stone.

Terra moves a wolf spider eye to her right hand.

A sound like that of a groaning mountain reverberates throughout the tunnel.

Linessa nods to Terra.

Ceich points at himself.

Valkri offers Ceich a slitted blood-red eyeball.

Terra offers her spider eye to Linessa in exchange for Linessa's worry stone.

Gwenddolyn bows her head and chants a prayer.

Ecologist Dunrook just arrived.

Ceich points at a wood shrike bead he has.

Flowers asks, "Can I offer my sister?"

Ceich declines Valkri's offer.

Valkri offers Alyseanna a slitted blood-red eyeball.

Linessa accepts Terra's spider eye and Terra accepts Linessa's worry stone.

Alyseanna accepts Valkri's blood-red eyeball.

Redeth asks, "Does anyone have a log or a torch, so we can see who's speaking?"

Gwenddolyn closes her leather backpack.

Aaiyaah holds a crude cambrinth amulet in both hands and closes his eyes in concentration.

Terra puts her stone in her music satchel.

Gwenddolyn says, "I do nae need a torch with my light glyph going."

Linessa puts her eye in her oilcloth rucksack. Ceich kneels down.

Aaiyaah seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Shadow of Fate Aysta just arrived.

Terra recites:

"When the time is right, please recite or chant your prayer and offerings."

Linessa gets a star-shaped black flint from inside her oilcloth rucksack.

Redeth touches a blackened torch with a glowing finger and it quickly catches fire!

The blackened torch glows brighter until it begins to burn steadily.

The air around Aaiyaah shimmers with a weak yellow light that quickly disperses.

Aaiyaah seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Ceich reverently places a wood shrike bead atop the stone altar.

Amorphous shapes with hollow eyes flit along the sides of the squarish altar. On the side nearest the back wall is carved an exotic, three-eyed beauty in flowing robes, a shrike perched on her outstretched arm.

Valkri says, "If I may....I have a prayer to the goddess."

Gwenddolyn picks up a blazing blackened torch.

Terra says, "We will get to it very shortly."

Nerezza glances at Torgrailian.

Ceich says, "Oh."

Saranari gazes upward.

Valkri casually observes the area.

Terra recites:

"We are here to venerate the All-Seeing, the unraveller of souls."

Valkri says, "I feel....a presence."

Vahlissa looks over her shoulder nervously.

Cined says, "I've felt it for a time."

Gwenddolyn nods to Valkri.

Terra recites:

"They call Dergati the unraveller of souls because she kills with slow effenciency and death by her means no resurrection. We gather here today, in hopes that our offerings will be enough to placate the Goddess and escape her divine wrath. Valkri will be leading us in prayer."

Miskton says, "With so many people moving around in the dark this close to one another, it would be odd to not get the feeling of someone close by."

Valkri gets a timeworn leather-bound prayer book trimmed in tarnished silver with the faded image of a thirteen-pointed star tooled on the cover from inside her leather rucksack.

Vahlissa gestures at a piece of hhr'lav'geluhh bark.

You hear someone chant an obscure mantra.

Vahlissa tucks a piece of hhr'lav'geluhh bark into the scroll and parchment compartment of her spellbook case.

Valkri clears her throat.

Valkri quietly says, "A Prayer to Dergati....as written by Father Risden."

You hear someone chant an obscure mantra.

(Valkri faces the altar and raises her hands in benediction)

Valkri chants:

"Dark goddess of dreams and night,
We honor thee at this darkest hour.
Far away from the cursed sun,
That blinds us with its burning light."

Tiakim gets an oaken icon of the goddess Dergati from inside his cambrinth pack.

Vahlissa seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Tiakim gently rubs the Dergati icon, brushing away any dust and grime.

Valkri chants:

"All-seeing goddess you know our worth.
You peer from your home in the shadows
Seeing all, Judging all, Bearing witness.
We pray we are worthy of your tolerance."

Valkri chants:

"Spare us your savage vengeance Dergati.
Instead take up our enemies to your embrace.
Fill them with the dread of secret nightmares,
Unravel their souls, devour their lives."

Tiakim kneels down.

Tiakim kneels down.

Tiakim just kissed a blackened stone altar!

Valkri chants:

"Dark goddess of dreams and night,
We honor thee at this darkest hour.
Know that in our hearts we serve thee.
Reward our devotion in our dreams."

(Valkri lowers her arms and bows her head as she steps back slowly from the altar)

Valkri just kissed a timeworn leather-bound prayer book trimmed in tarnished silver with the faded image of a thirteen-pointed star tooled on the cover!

Terra recites:

"Thank you Valkri."

Punisher Gronten just arrived.

The sapphire-eyed lizard on Gwenddolyn's shoulder suddenly raises its head, then bobs it several times in quick succession.

A faint trail of gleaming air follows in the wake of each of Draeya's reflective stars as they circle her head, the only visible sign of their imbued magic.

Terra recites:

"I have spent the past couple of months studying what I could from the Cult of Dergati and have found a bit of information that I think will help us to call down Her attention."

Gwenddolyn dimples at Terra.

Tiakim gets a slender blood-red brass sistrum in a fluted ebonwood frame from inside his cambrinth pack.

Terra recites:

"I will be following Valkri's prayer with a common dance performed by the cult of the goddess, using their favored instrument. "

Valkri raises her palms and face to the heavens.

The opaque outline of a spectral bird roars into view, folding its fiery wings protectively around Valkri. Its presence soon fades, although a fiery aura of light still emanates from around her.

(Terra steps close to the altar, allowing enough space to perform the ritual dance around her. Shrugging off her mantle, she slips out of her robe, leaving the mantle on the ground and quickly stowing away her robe.)

Draeya moves over to guard Valkri.

Terra drops a ceremonial mantle of mottled black silk fastened with a ghostly white moonstone.

Gwenddolyn gets a S'kra indakar rattle from inside her leather backpack.

Gwenddolyn seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Tiakim says, "I bring an artifact of old to this vigil."

(Terra steps forward, in clothing less restrictive to dance.)

The flames surrounding Fyrelace blaze high in a hellish inferno!

Tiakim shows Terra his brass sistrum.

Gwenddolyn shakes a S'kra indakar rattle at herself. A soft white nimbus ebbs toward Gwenddolyn, melding with her luminous aura.

Terra nods to Tiakim.

Terra takes off a floor-length robe crafted from variegated Musparan silk.

Terra puts her robe in her music satchel.

Terra taps something inside her music satchel.

Terra gets a vividly painted ritual mask with a serpent's heart ruby set at its center from inside her music satchel.

Terra puts a vividly painted ritual mask with a serpent's heart ruby set at its center on her head.

Tiakim kneels down.

Terra gets a slim hammered bronze sistrum in a bloodwood frame from inside her music satchel.

Your eyes ache from something in the air, and you find yourself wishing to be rid of them and blissfully blind.

Gwenddolyn gets a Bone Elf shaman's rattle decorated with colorful beaded feathers on leather thongs from inside her leather backpack.

Tiakim kneels down.

Terra gets a slim hammered bronze sistrum in a bloodwood frame from inside her music satchel.

Your eyes ache from something in the air, and you find yourself wishing to be rid of them and blissfully blind.

Gwenddolyn puts her rattle in her leather backpack.

Gwenddolyn gets a Bone Elf shaman's rattle decorated with colorful beaded feathers on leather thongs from inside her leather backpack.

A blazing blackened torch dims drastically.

(Terra frowns into the darkness but shakes her head. She pulls a startlingly beautiful ritual mask from her satchel and places it carefully on her head, a bright serpent's heart ruby the dominant feature in the center amid vivid brush strokes.)

Terra inhales a great swallow of air. Terra slowly empties her lungs.

Terra stops performing her enchante. The pale green glow surrounding Terra fades.

Terra begins her performance for her audience.

Nefarious harshly asks, "Who seeeeeks me?"

Aaiyaah gestures.

Terra stands silently in the center of a circle of open space, her sistrum in her hand and her eyes closed. Slowly, her arms and hands begin to undulate in a rhythmic pattern, causing the numerous metal rings on the sistrum to vibrate slowly, creating a low metallic drone that fills the air.

Aysta joins Valkri's group.

A blazing blackened torch flutters slightly.

Vahlissa gets a tear-shaped star sapphire from inside a glittering black metal egg.

Starlear ponders.

Flowers fidgets nervously.

Valkri gestures.

Valkri's eyes flare with a brilliant white radiance.

Terra slowly lowers her body into a crouch, turning carefully in a half-circle as she does. Ascending from her lowered position, her body jerks upright as she slaps the sistrum against her free hand to create a musical stacatto that sends her hips rocking back and forth.

Nefarious is suddenly pulled toward the altar like iron to lodestone, smashing his head on the stone with enough force to make the floor slightly tremble.

* Nefarious is slain before your eyes!

Cined laughs!

Miskton glances at Nefarious.

Valkri says, "That is the will of the goddess."

The ghostly laughter of Nefarious echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.

Sebastienne says, "And that is why we remain respectful in Dergati's place."

The substance of Nefarious's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

Cined says, "I suppose that's what happens to impersonations."

Terra reaches for the sky with the fluid motions of a skilled dancer, her arms beseech the divine for their attention. Her hips rock back and forth in rapid syncopation with the music shaking from her sistrum. - a motion that seems oddly detached from her slowly undulating torso.

Sebastienne says, "Speaking of which, the constant spellcasting, while it may not be angering her, is certainly distracting the rest of us."

Terra shakes her hammered bronze sistrum!

Tiakim begins a haunting lullaby on his brass sistrum.

Tiakim bends his head over his brass sistrum as a haunting lullaby continues to fill the air.

Terra seems completely lost in her ritual, half-open eyes glazed over as she undulates. The dance is mesmerizing, each movement seemingly driven from pure instinct, but appearing too precise to be random. The music ebbs, her hips slowing to a rhythmic gyration that matches the slower tempo her torso has been keeping all along. She holds her arms before her, as if offering something, shaking the sistrum rapidly with an urgency that was previously absent.

Terra executes two rapid turns, sending her hair whipping behind her in a sheet of pale gold. Her arms once again reach to the sky, hips shaking in beat with the sistrum as her feet stomp counter clockwise in a circle. As her feet pound the soft ground, the noise magnifies until a loud thumping and the jangle of discs is all that can be heard.

Tiakim leans foward as the tricky passages fly from his brass sistrum with quiet pride.

Terra beats the sistrum fiercely with her free hand, creating a rattling cacophany of sound that all but drowns out everything else. Sweat beads form at her temples as she continues to dance and spin around the altar, her feet a blur of motion as she seeks the attention of the All-seeing.

Tiakim begins a haunting lullaby on his brass sistrum.

Tiakim continues praying.

Tiakim continues to play a haunting lullaby on his brass sistrum. The music wafts through the air and your soul.

Tiakim leans foward as the complex rhythm wafts from his brass sistrum with quiet pride.

Terra turns several time in rapid succession, shaking the bloodwood sistrum with desparation. Just as the pounding begins to overwhelm the senses, it is following by the deafening absence of noise which soon fills the clearing. Terra has stopped dancing, her eyes locked ahead on something beyond the here and now. With a nearly imperceptable shake of her head, she seems to return to the moment. An involuntary shiver runs obviously down her spine, but she quickly composes herself.

Redeth looks over his shoulder nervously.

Terra moves a slim hammered bronze sistrum in a bloodwood frame to her left hand.

Terra gets a wolf spider eye from inside her music satchel.

Terra puts her sistrum in her music satchel.

Terra gets a wood shrike bead from atop a blackened stone altar.

Terra reverently places a wolf spider eye atop the stone altar.

Terra offers her eye to the gods in homage of their greatness.

Terra ends her performance.

Valkri smiles at Terra.

Vahlissa smiles at Terra.

You feel fully rested.

Flowers gazes at Terra in awe.

Terra recites:

"Now, who would like to begin with an offering?"

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "A beautiful dance, Terra."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "I would like to offer my eyes to the goddess."

The flames surrounding Fyrelace blaze high in a hellish inferno!

Sebastienne moves a pale silver prayer bead chain to her left hand. Sebastienne moves a wood shrike bead to her right hand.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Thankye Terra."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "As a g'nar pehtian, i have no use for them."

Tiakim adjusts his velvet blindfold into place.

Sebastienne offers Ceich a wood shrike bead.

Ceich accepts Sebastienne's shrike bead.

Terra nods politely.

Sebastienne puts her chain in her nightsilk haversack.

Valkri gets a modestly embellished quizzing eyeglass attached to a thin moonsilk ribbon from inside her leather rucksack.

Tiakim gets an oaken icon of the goddess Dergati from inside his cambrinth pack.

Tiakim gently rubs the Dergati icon, brushing away any dust and grime.

Tiakim begins to pray.

Terra gets a wolf spider eye from inside her music satchel.

Valkri gets a wood shrike bead from inside a tri-colored banded leather bead sack embroidered with the symbols of the deities.

Terra offers Valkri a wolf spider eye.

Tiakim stands up.

Alyseanna gets an anloral shrike pin from inside her silk longcoat.

Valkri grins.

Alyseanna puts on an anloral shrike pin.

Valkri rubs a wood shrike bead.

Valkri reverently places a wood shrike bead atop the stone altar.

Gwenddolyn grins at Valkri, her dimples flashing into view.

Tiakim kneels down and begins to pray.

Terra gets a wolf spider eye from inside her music satchel.

Valkri gets a wood shrike bead from inside a tri-colored banded leather bead sack embroidered with the symbols of the deities.

Terra offers Valkri a wolf spider eye.

Tiakim stands up.

Alyseanna gets an anloral shrike pin from inside her silk longcoat.

Valkri declines Terra's offer.

Small flying insects dart about your new-found field of vision.

Valkri grins.

Alyseanna puts on an anloral shrike pin.

Valkri rubs a wood shrike bead.

Valkri reverently places a wood shrike bead atop the stone altar.

Gwenddolyn grins at Valkri, her dimples flashing into view.

Tiakim kneels down and begins to pray.

Valkri kneels down.

Tiakim gently rubs the Dergati icon, brushing away any dust and grime.

Valkri begins to pray.

Valkri's offering is consumed in a blinding flash of light. When your vision clears, a glowing Dergati orb rests in its place upon the altar.

Valkri gets a glowing Dergati orb from atop a blackened stone altar.

Terra reverently places a wolf spider eye atop the stone altar.

Valkri bows reverently to a blackened stone altar.

Tiakim gets a dark grey shrike prayer-feather from inside his thigh bag.

Terra kneels down.

Terra begins to pray.

Tiakim reverently raises his shrike prayer-feather above his head, pointing its tip to the heavens.

Terra prays fervently.

Valkri says, "Thank you goddess."

Terra prays fervently.

Tiakim sweeps his shrike prayer-feather out before him in a gentle arc.

Terra offers her eye to the gods in homage of their greatness.

Tiakim gently slides his shrike prayer-feather into his hair, tying it securely to a strand.

Terra recites:

"Who is next? Tiakim, you had something?"

Tiakim accepts Terra's shrike bead.

Tiakim bows to Terra.

Tiakim rubs a wood shrike bead.

Tiakim says, "I wish to offer my eyes to the goddess Dergati."

Tiakim says, "As a G'nar pethian i have no use for them."

Tiakim adjusts his velvet blindfold into place.

Tiakim reverently places a wood shrike bead atop the stone altar.

Tiakim begins to pray.

Tiakim gets a wood shrike bead from atop a blackened stone altar.

The sense of danger in this haunted place grows ever so slightly. Irregular thoughts not of your own become aswirl in the back of your mind, obtruding upon you.

Valkri says, "Mmm."

Starlear shivers.

Terra frowns.

Nerezza nods at Saranari, obviously agreeing with her views.

Redeth rubs his left eye.

Terra recites:

"Who else had an offering?"

Redeth rubs his right eye.

Valkri says, "Symbolic of blood, we offer this wine..."

Nerezza says, "I did."

Ceich raises his hand.

Several trios of glowing eyes blink in the darkness behind Alyseanna.

Nerezza raises an eyebrow.

Valkri pours some of her wine onto the altar. Oddly, the liquid seems to turn into a pale mist as it touches the altar. Valkri takes a deep, long breath, and sighs. Valkri looks up and sighs, smiling.

Terra recites:

"Ceich, if you will."

Ceich reverently places a wood shrike bead atop the stone altar.

Terra nods to Nerezza.

Ceich begins to pray.

Jaxilynn shifts her weight.

Ceich prays fervently.

Ceich prays fervently.

Ceich's offering is consumed in a blinding flash of light. When your vision clears, a glowing Dergati orb rests in its place upon the altar.

Valkri praises Ceich.

Ceich recites:

"Thank you Goddess of Nightmares, for allowing us to praise you here."

Nerezza reverently places a wood shrike bead atop the stone altar.

Nerezza kneels down.

Nerezza begins to pray.

Tiakim frowns.

Nerezza prays fervently.

Nerezza prays fervently.

Nerezza recites:

"Dergati please accept this offering as a show of my gratitude. I hope that your omnipotent gaze always finds pleasure in my ventures."

Gwenddolyn smiles broadly as she grasps your lesson, encouraging you.

Nerezza's offering is consumed in a blinding flash of light. When your vision clears, a glowing Dergati orb rests in its place upon the altar.

Nerezza stands up.

Nerezza smiles.

Nerezza gets a glowing Dergati orb from atop a blackened stone altar.

Valkri praises Nerezza.

Saranari smiles at Nerezza.

Nerezza smiles and steps back from the altar.

Tiakim reverently places a wood shrike bead atop the stone altar.

Tiakim begins to pray.

Tiakim prays fervently.

Tiakim prays fervently.

Tiakim's offering is consumed in a blinding flash of light. When your vision clears, a glowing Dergati orb rests in its place upon the altar.

Alyseanna recites:

"Accept this offering as a symbol of my continued devotion."

Alyseanna offers her eyeball to the gods in homage of their greatness.

Alyseanna begins to pray.

Alyseanna offers her eyeball to the gods in homage of their greatness.

Alyseanna begins to pray.

Alyseanna stands up.

Starlear shivers.

Terra recites:

"The All-Seeing seems to have given us a gift here today. I believe that she is indeed watching, on at least some level."

Valkri gets some burnt incense from inside her leather rucksack.

Valkri drops some burnt incense.

Nerezza whispers something to Saranari.

Flowers unconsciously mimics some of what you just taught her, thereby urging you on to greater teaching feats.

Valkri puts her incense in her leather rucksack.

Valkri puts her knife in her weapon harness.

Saranari nods at Nerezza, obviously agreeing with her views.

(Terra walks around the altar, surveying the area carefully with calculating dark eyes peering from beneath the featureless bone mask.)

Valkri says to Terra, "If you wouldn't mind...I'd like to dance for the goddess myself."

Terra recites:

"Would anyone else like to make an offering before we finish with one final offering?"

Miskton nods to Terra.

Terra says, "Oh, please do."

Starlear nods to Terra.

Miskton reverently places a wolf spider eye atop the stone altar.

Miskton begins to pray.

Terra says, "Starlear, if you would please."

Terra gets a wolf spider eye from inside her music satchel.

Terra offers Starlear a wolf spider eye.

Saranari whispers something to Nerezza.

Starlear accepts Terra's spider eye.

Starlear says, "I would like to offer something in addition to the eye."

Starlear says, "That represents a personal connection on some level to the goddess."

Terra says, "Oh, of course. You do not need to offer the eye if it is not your wish."

Starlear nods.

Starlear reverently places a wolf spider eye atop the stone altar.

Nerezza whispers something to Saranari.

Starlear grumbles.

You see Muse Terra Jaal'alyin, Lore Keeper of Velaka, an Elf. Terra has elegant arched eyebrows, pointed ears and thick-lashed dark eyes. Her ash-blonde hair is very long and thick, and is worn pulled back by silk ribbon and allowed to flow over the shoulders. She has fair skin and a lithe figure. She is a bit over average height for an Elf. She appears to be an adult. She has a tattoo of wide, pronounced rays feathered out across her eyelid that bloom into a stylized sunburst before gently trailing down in a tapered point on her right cheekbone. She is in good shape.

She is wearing a vividly painted ritual mask with a serpent's heart ruby set at its center, a soft leather music satchel, a serpentine silver neithrel band binding a stylized sun within its chains, an intricate knotwork wedding ring cradling a radiant zenith spinel, a dull onyx signet ring and a flowing white loincloth fastened at the hips with silver filigreed clasps.

Starlear says, "Anyhow."

Starlear says, "I have been for many years now, haunted by terrible nightmares of things that happened in my youth."

Starlear says, "Mostly involving my mother."

Terra gazes at Starlear.

Flowers unconsciously mimics some of what you just taught her, thereby urging you on to greater teaching feats.

The field of silver-blue light dissipates from around Falila.

The sounds of nature become more intense and vibrant as you experience sounds you've never heard before.

Starlear says, "These ashes are a portion of what I have left of her. I hope that on some level, this offering will bring me personal closure and perhaps understanding of the dreams I have had."

Starlear says, "These ashes are a portion of what I have left of her. I hope that on some level, this offering will bring me personal closure and perhaps understanding of the dreams I have had."

Starlear gets a wolf spider eye from atop a blackened stone altar.

Starlear reverently places some pale grey ashes atop the stone altar.

Starlear gives a slight nod.

Starlear begins to pray.

Starlear picks up some pale grey ashes.

Starlear says, "Well. Perhaps not."

Vahlissa casually observes the area.

Starlear reverently places a wolf spider eye atop the stone altar.

Starlear begins to pray.

The shadowy magma red ethereal shield fades from around Redeth.

Terra recites:

"I think we can take that as a sign that you should seek close in some other fashion."

Flowers fidgets nervously.

Starlear gives a slight nod.

Starlear puts his ashes in his white haversack.

Starlear's offering is consumed in a blinding flash of light. When your vision clears, a glowing Dergati orb rests in its place upon the altar.

Starlear gets a glowing Dergati orb from atop a blackened stone altar.

Terra says to Starlear, "I am sorry you did not find what you sought here today."

Nerezza whispers something to Saranari.

Terra gets a wolf spider eye from inside her music satchel.

Terra offers Aeviona a wolf spider eye.

Aeviona accepts Terra's spider eye.

Aeviona smiles a bit timidly and approaches the altar.

Aeviona recites:

"As one who continues to seek favor from another God that has a hunger for blood and vengeance, I hope you'll accept this offering, Mistress of the Dark."

Aeviona reverently places a wolf spider eye atop the stone altar.

Aeviona begins to pray.

Aeviona prays fervently.

Gwenddolyn smiles at Aeviona, revealing the dimples in her cheeks.

Aeviona's offering is consumed in a blinding flash of light. When your vision clears, a glowing Dergati orb rests in its place upon the altar.

Aeviona gets a glowing Dergati orb from atop a blackened stone altar.

Valkri praises Aeviona.

Aeviona stands up. > Aeviona bows reverently to a blackened stone altar.

Aeviona says, "Thank you."

Aeviona stands near Ogdaro.

Flowers reaches towards Vahlissa's right eye but she instinctively flinches back to avoid her.

(Vahlissa glances at Flowers, clearly annoyed.)

Terra smiles at Aeviona.

Jaxilynn shifts her weight.

Aeviona smiles at Terra.

As Miskton starts to place his Dergati orb on the altar it leaps from his hand and suddenly glows brightly, hovering just above the altar before it bursts into a flash of excruciatingly beautiful light which instead of dissipating, streaks around the area as tendrils of light representing every color of the rainbow.

Then, an instant later, the multicolored lights gather around Miskton and mix together, forming a white mass of brightness which completely obscures him from sight. Slowly, it appears to seep into Miskton, until all the light is gone and Miskton appears somehow changed.

Terra gazes silently at Valkri.

Miskton slowly empties his lungs.

Sparkles follow the reflective stars as they zip by Draeya's head.

Valkri nods to Terra.

Terra gives a slight nod.

Terra gnaws on her lip.

Flowers fidgets nervously.

Terra taps something inside her music satchel.

(Valkri steps toward the altar, smirking slightly)

Torgrailian rubs a portion of a slitted blood-red eyeball on himself.

Valkri chants:

"For you goddess, and for your sister"

Valkri pulls a stylized sterling starburst haircomb set with tiny emerald chips from her hair, letting it fall to its normal style.

Valkri runs her fingers through her hair.

Valkri takes a deep breath.

Valkri begins to dance, her eyes tightly shut and her head thrown back.

Valkri shivers suddenly, seeming less secure.

Valkri dances, seeking the attentions of her deity.

Valkri dances; a perfect, beautiful creation that ends with deft grace. Valkri looks up and sighs, smiling.

Terra gets a wolf spider eye from inside her music satchel.

Terra offers you a wolf spider eye. Enter ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

Mahone stops listening to Fyrelace.

Terra gazes at Valkri in admiration.

Gwenddolyn smiles broadly as she grasps your lesson, encouraging you.

Terra says, "Very well done, Valkri."

Valkri kneels down.

Valkri bends forward and kisses a blackened stone altar. Valkri looks up and sighs, smiling.

Gwenddolyn nods in agreement.

Valkri stands up.

Valkri bows reverently to a blackened stone altar.

You accept Terra's offer and are now holding a wolf spider eye.

(Valkri steps back)

Valkri arranges her hair until it is worn in a deceptively careless-looking arrangement of upswept locks held in place by a stylized sterling starburst haircomb set with tiny emerald chips.

Terra says, "Celitha will be making an offering and then I believe..Lady Dane has something to offer as well."

Sebastienne smiles.

You kneel down upon the ground.

You begin to pray, kneeling before the empty altar. A sense of peace and tranquility fills you as you murmur softly.

Aeviona smiles at Sebastienne.

As you utter your prayer, you are filled with a deep feeling of purpose. Your spirit is lifted.

As you utter your prayer, you are filled with a deep feeling of purpose. Your spirit is lifted.

You stand back up.

The sense of peace and tranquility you felt when praying a short time ago slowly diminishes, leaving you oddly unfulfilled.

You say into the darkness in Ilithic, "I would like to say that nightmares serve several purposes." Valkri seems to be concentrating intently on something.

As Starlear starts to place his Dergati orb on the altar it leaps from his hand and suddenly glows brightly, hovering just above the altar before it bursts into a flash of excruciatingly beautiful light which instead of dissipating, streaks around the area as tendrils of light representing every color of the rainbow.

Then, an instant later, the multicolored lights gather around Starlear and mix together, forming a white mass of brightness which completely obscures him from sight. Slowly, it appears to seep into Starlear, until all the light is gone and Starlear appears somehow changed.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "She says that nightmares serve several purposes."

Valkri raises her palms and face to the heavens.

The opaque outline of a spectral bird roars into view, folding its fiery wings protectively around Valkri. Its presence soon fades, although a fiery aura of light still emanates from around her.

Aeviona gets a simple blue compendium from inside her sharkskin backpack. > A lullaby floats through the air and your head as Tiakim continues to play his brass sistrum.

You say into the darkness, "I would like to say that nightmares serve several purposes, they warn use of danger, and help us to appreciate the positive nocturnal delusions we call dreams more fully."

You reverently place a wolf spider eye on the stone altar.

You begin to pray, kneeling before the altar. A sense of peace and tranquility fills you as you murmur softly.

As you utter your prayer, you are filled with a deep feeling of purpose. Your spirit is lifted.

Your fervent prayers are met with a sense of peace and security.

A lullaby drifts through the air and your head as Tiakim continues to shake his brass sistrum.

You stand back up.

Aysta gestures.

An overwhelming sense of contentment fills you as your offering is consumed in a blinding flash of light. When your vision clears, a glowing Dergati orb rests in its place upon the altar.

You say into the darkness, "That is all, thank you."

You get a glowing Dergati orb from atop a blackened stone altar.

Terra gazes thoughtfully at Sebastienne.

Tiakim finishes playing a haunting lullaby on his brass sistrum.

Sebastienne clears her throat.

Nerezza smiles at Sebastienne.

(Sebastienne approaches the altar. She moves with apparent confidence, her head high and her back straight, but her eyes betray her uncertainty.)

Sebastienne kisses her fingers, then touches her shrike pin reverently.

A shadowy orb rippling with silver arcs of light floating around Valkri suddenly grows very dim. An eerie, whispered sigh echoes around Valkri.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Oh Dergati, I feel such bitter irony when they call me a heretic."

From the darkness you hear a soft voice say, "I can barely remember my life before you."

Aeviona puts her compendium in her sharkskin backpack.

Sebastienne kneels down.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "For seventeen years now I have chased your prize, and I have sacrificed all that you showed me I would..."

Somniumvisum's cloak flutters softly in the breeze.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "My parents, killed by my own hand. I miss them so much. But I am glad they can not see what I have become. They would not understand."

Sebastienne says, "My name, which will forever be a curse in the mouths of the world. May they all choke when they say it."

You see a faint glow from your rucksack.

(Sebastienne reaches up to her neck and allows her fingertips to barely graze the brand there. Even this slight touch seems to cause her intense pain.)

Sebastienne painfully says, "My beauty, ruined by this wretched THING on my neck."

Sebastienne sighs.

Sebastienne says, "You have been such a strong but distant presence in my life. I have never had answers to my questions, and I have never sought them out because my progress was steady. I could always tell when I passed another milestone on my quest."

Sebastienne says, "But this mark is not where I was shown it should be. I think that means I have wandered astray. I am so afraid that it is too late to correct my course, but still you grant me your favor. And I know in my heart that you are why I did not walk the Starry Road that day in the Red Buzzard. There must be a reason for that."

Terra rubs her neck.

Terra casually observes the area.

Sebastienne says, "I can not do this unguided anymore. And so soon I will seek answers to the questions I have had for so long. But tonight, right now, I seek only to reaffirm my commitment to you and to the path I have walked for seventeen years. I have come to offer another sacrifice."

Sebastienne draws forth a viciously-honed briquet with a sinuous blade.

Sebastienne says, "This is my favorite blade. Customized for my hand and magically bonded to me, it has tasted an ocean of blood. Innocent and guilty, male and female, young and old. Every one of the eleven races has felt its bite. I have never hesitated."

Sebastienne says, "It has served me well for many years, and I hope you will accept it. I offer it gladly, with reverence, and with the promise that my next blade will spill far more."

Sebastienne reverently places a viciously-honed briquet with a sinuous blade atop the stone altar.

Sebastienne gets a fine-grained lemonwood shrike totem from inside her nightsilk haversack.

Sebastienne raises her shrike totem and kisses it respectfully. A brilliant white flash surrounds her!

(Sebastienne closes her eyes and says nothing more.)

Valkri gazes at Sebastienne.

Valkri kneels down before Sebastienne.

Valkri places her hand on the forehead of Sebastienne and chants a prayer.

A faint susurration comes from Valkri's direction, "All honor and reverence be given unto Dergati, that she may be patient with our foolishness and spare our souls from her vengeance."

Vahlissa tilts her head down.

Valkri stands up.

(Terra lets her gaze drift idly between Sebastienne and the altar, with all it's bone and feathers attached.)

Redeth glances at something on top of a blackened stone altar.

Jaxilynn fidgets nervously.

Miskton glances at a blackened stone altar.

On the stone altar you see a briquet.

Terra recites:

"Thank you for your offering, Lady Dane."

Terra gets a slim hammered bronze sistrum in a bloodwood frame from inside her music satchel.

Redeth gazes upward.

Valkri kneels down.

Valkri reaches out and touches a blackened stone altar. Valkri shivers slightly.

Terra says, "Before we move our position here. I want to play a traditional hymn to Dergati."

Terra effortlessly begins a masterful hymn on her hammered bronze sistrum, her eyes sparkling with pride at her hard-won skill.

Valkri stands up.

Black, mole-like animals begin to crawl, roll and hop blindly out of the shadows. They seem to duck out of sight whenever you look at them, but you can hear many of them amassing around you. Yeowch! One just bit your ankle!

Twinges of cold pain corkscrew through your body as you are assailed by a sensation that could only be described as... fraying.

Falila falls down! Falila stops listening to Fyrelace. Falila's in shock and dying!

Jaxilynn stops listening to Fyrelace.

* Jaxilynn is slain before your eyes!

Jaxilynn's cambrinth armband falls to the ground.

Sebastienne's eyeballs suddenly explode like ripe plums stamped by a mammoth!

Sebastienne falls down! Sebastienne's in shock and dying!

Nerezza falls down! Nerezza's in shock and dying!

Saranari falls down! Saranari's in shock and dying!

Flowers falls down! Flowers stops listening to you. Flowers's in shock and dying!

Terra performs a traditional hymn to Dergati, rapidly tapping the frame of the sistrum.

Aaiyaah works carefully at tending his wounded left leg.

As Ysselt begins to sing, a gentle arpeggio of the enchante's opening notes segues into a softly melodic introduction of "Hodierna's Lilt".

Aaiyaah seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Spectral grey wisps depart from your body, drawn to a confluence of pure darkness above the altar. There the spirit-bits meet with those being extracted from everyone else at the same time, spinning in a wide radius and forming a screaming gyre.

* Saranari is slain before your eyes!
* Flowers is slain before your eyes!

You cannot help but stare at the burgeoning vortex, and a gift of the goddess issues forth to refill the hole that was just scooped in your soul. For several long minutes, you are made to endure a realistic vision of Alyseanna being devoured alive by the gaggle of vicious mole-beasts still lurking all around.

Miskton falls down! Miskton's in shock and dying!

Terra performs her hymn to Dergati, through the pain in her leg.

Aaiyaah joins Valkri's group.

Somniumvisum joins Valkri's group.

Nerezza stands up.

Gwenddolyn says, "They were spirit deaths."

Nerezza kneels down before Sebastienne.

Gwenddolyn seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Alyseanna brushes her hand against her devotion ring, which emits a soft glow at her touch, a symbol of steadfast faith and devotion.

Bleeding

Area Rate
left leg slight

Silvwyn says, "Why would you need PFE? If it's her will that you're taken, then so be it."

Ceich begins to pray.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger.

Nerezza begins to pray.

Nerezza prays fervently.

Terra quietly says, "Be careful what you wish for...Talorc warned that we may find what we came for and more here today."

Nerezza begins to pray.

Terra shudders.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger.

Terra says, "The chrysalis will suck your soul if you lay your hands on it."

Alyseanna says, "We are your humble servants, Mistress of Nightmares. Our fate is your will."

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger.

Tiakim unwraps his bandages.

Vahlissa looks with concern at Terra.

Alyseanna begins to pray.

Redeth says, "Speak for yourself."

As Aeviona starts to place her Dergati orb on the altar it leaps from her hand and suddenly glows brightly, hovering just above the altar before it bursts into a flash of excruciatingly beautiful light which instead of dissipating, streaks around the area as tendrils of light representing every color of the rainbow.

Then, an instant later, the multicolored lights gather around Aeviona and mix together, forming a white mass of brightness which completely obscures her from sight. Slowly, it appears to seep into Aeviona, until all the light is gone and Aeviona appears somehow changed.

Alyseanna pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Sebastienne sits up.

Aaiyaah holds a twisted cambrinth armband in both hands and closes his eyes in concentration.

Nerezza rubs Sebastienne gently, massaging her muscles.

Ogdaro pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Terra says, "What do we do with it? It has sucked nearly all of my spiritual energy away."

Sebastienne kneels.

Terra gazes thoughtfully at Sebastienne.

Alyseanna grows deathly pale!

* Alyseanna is slain before your eyes!

You continue to instruct your student on Targeted Magic.

Gwenddolyn says, "Another spirit death."

Aeviona pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Ogdaro glances at Aeviona.

Terra fixes Aeviona with a serene, lofty stare.

Aeviona smiles at Ogdaro.

Unimpeded by hair, a drop of sweat glides smoothly down Torgrailian's head.

You see a wisp of white vapor leave Alyseanna's body.

Miskton rises to a kneeling position.

Terra joins Valkri's group.

Miskton coughs.

Nerezza pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Miskton gets a jadice flower from inside his thigh bag.

Draeya rests her hand on Flowers's arm with a soft smile.

Valkri gestures at Alyseanna. A shaft of pure white light pools in Valkri's hands and streaks out toward Alyseanna, bathing her in its radiance.

The substance of Alyseanna's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Starlear begins to pray.

Tiakim peruses a moldering scroll.

Miskton blanches.

Redeth peruses a piece of hhr'lav'geluhh bark.

Terra asks, "Does someone dare focus or perceive the chrysalis?"

The substance of Saranari's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Miskton pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Tiakim seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Draeya screams and falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!

Draeya rests her hand on Flowers's arm with a soft smile.

Redeth says, "It doesn't help."

Redeth says, "It just drains your spirit."

Cined says, "I'm afraid me doing so wouldn't do any good."

Redeth says, "I tired."

Miskton shudders.

Redeth says, "Tried, rather."

Ogdaro says, "Mebbe it jus' needs ta be fed 'nuff."

Aeviona pats Ogdaro on the back.

Ceich says to Sebastienne, "I think she noticed you."

Nerezza smiles at Sebastienne.

Terra says, "Feel free to gaze into its depths if you wish to feed it."

Valkri asks, "Shall I raise the bodies of the dead...or will that anger her?"

Starlear fidgets nervously.

Silvwyn begins to pray.

Terra says, "I think the chrysalis needs to be fed spiritual energy."

Tiakim pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Torgrailian blinks.

Nerezza begins to pray.

Redeth says, "Then, Followers of Dergati please do volunteer yourselves."

Ceich pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri appears downtrodden.

Sebastienne says, "Ceich, Nerezza, I can not see. Please help me find it."

Ogdaro grows deathly pale!

* Ogdaro is slain before your eyes!

Redeth asks, "Is this not why you came, to offer yourself to your Goddess?"

Ceich just tried to take Sebastienne's hand, but she politely pulled away.

Redeth says, "Continue forth and please her."

You see a wisp of white vapor leave Ogdaro's body.

(Nerezza takes Sebastienne by the hand and slowly moves her towards the Chrysalis)

Your spirit feels less drained. The soothing music nearby eases your spirit.

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

The substance of Ogdaro's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

Valkri glances at Sebastienne.

Torgrailian pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

The bandages binding Torgrailian's left leg become useless and fall apart.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Have me then, if it is your will." (Probably Sebastinenne, my beseech just dropped, but I can usually guess based on content, who it is)

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Starlear pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Linessa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Ysselt stops performing her enchante.

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Draeya gestures.

The bandages binding Draeya's left leg soak through with blood as it begins bleeding again.

Falila says, "Thank you, Commander."

You continue to instruct your student on Targeted Magic.

Sebastienne grows deathly pale!

* Sebastienne is slain before your eyes!

Falila smiles at Draeya.

Draeya rests her hand on Falila's arm with a soft smile.

Nerezza pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Ceich pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Nerezza continues to fumble slightly as she hums a quiet minuet.

You see a wisp of white vapor leave Sebastienne's body.

Redeth says, "That's not enough, the Goddess requires more sacrifice."

Nerezza grows deathly pale!

* Nerezza is slain before your eyes!

Ceich pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

The bandages binding Aeviona's left leg soak through with blood as it begins bleeding again.

Raider Ogdaro just arrived.

The substance of Sebastienne's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Torgrailian pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Ceich pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

The substance of Nerezza's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Ceich pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Redeth says, "Feed the chrysalis, Followers of Dergati. Only then will your Goddess be pleased."

Torgrailian grows deathly pale!

* Torgrailian is slain before your eyes!

Torgrailian's blood-red eyeball falls to the ground.

Ceich grows deathly pale!

* Ceich is slain before your eyes!

Tiakim pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Miskton begins to pray.

Miskton pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Redeth says, "More.... more."

You see a wisp of white vapor leave Torgrailian's body.

The substance of Ceich's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

Miskton shudders.

A thin silver nimbus surrounds Torgrailian. A thin silver nimbus surrounds Jaxilynn. A thin silver nimbus surrounds Flowers.

Aaiyaah nods to Valkri.

Linessa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Ysselt works carefully at tending her wounded right leg.

The substance of Torgrailian's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

Flowers ghostly says, "I fear she will take us all."

High, pure notes fly from Falila's silverwillow lyre as she continues to play, each tone ringing with crystalline clarity. Tiakim says, "Dont fear."

Silvwyn says, "Maybe that's what she wants."

Redeth says, "Continue to feed your spirits to her and she will be pleased enough to release her nightmare among the realms."

Miskton says, "If she wanted to, I'm sure she could. But she's giving us the opportunity to make willing sacrifices."

Linessa grows deathly pale!

Linessa stops listening to Fyrelace.

* Linessa is slain before your eyes!

Redeth says, "The Goddess requires your sacrifice as well, Bardess."

Redeth says, "Only then can the ceremony be completed."

Aeviona asks, "Which Bardess?"

Aeviona chuckles.

Terra asks, "Who is speaking?"

You see a wisp of white vapor leave Linessa's body.

Vahlissa frowns.

You say into the darkness, "Redeth was."

You say into the darkness, "I am Celitha."

Redeth shakes his head.

A strident theme keeps Falila's enchante lively, skipping from note to note with the stern rapidity of a beating heart.

The substance of Linessa's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Vahlissa shakes her head at Terra.

Terra pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Vahlissa frowns.

The humanoid-sized chrysalis adheres to the tunnel ceiling directly above the altar. Its cocoon strands consist of a thick substance that somehow appears both cottony and ambery at the same time. One end of the strands parts slightly as you watch, letting you glimpse Flowers's face on the creature lying there for a moment before it is concealed again.

Aeviona grows deathly pale!

* Aeviona is slain before your eyes!

Tiakim pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Nerezza continues to fumble slightly as she hums a quiet minuet.

The substance of Aeviona's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Terra recites:

"Sebastienne, what do think? "

Redeth says, "Bardess if you were willing enough to bare you body to the Goddess, now bare you soul and complete the ritual."

You get the feeling that the chrysalis focuses on you! A strange, almost thankful purr echoes in your mind as a large portion of your spirit is sucked away. Roundtime: 9 sec.

Silvwyn pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Terra pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

A haunting moan permeates the area, causing your skin to crawl!

Sebastienne says, "I wish I knew Terra. But whatever is happening here is not done yet. I think we have to feed it more."

Silvwyn pales and lurches away from the chrysalis. Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Silvwyn pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Vahlissa asks, "Who is saying that?"

Silvwyn pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Stilva bows her head and chants a prayer.

Silvwyn grows deathly pale!

* Silvwyn is slain before your eyes!

Nerezza peers quizzically at Alyseanna.

Sebastienne grows deathly pale!

* Sebastienne is slain before your eyes!

Starlear pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

The glowing aura fades from around Stilva.

You see a wisp of white vapor leave Silvwyn's body.

You see a wisp of white vapor leave Sebastienne's body.

The humanoid-sized chrysalis adheres to the tunnel ceiling directly above the altar. Its cocoon strands consist of a thick substance that somehow appears both cottony and ambery at the same time. One end of the strands parts slightly as you watch, letting you glimpse Torgrailian's face on the creature lying there for a moment before it is concealed again.

Nerezza pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

The substance of Silvwyn's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

The substance of Sebastienne's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Terra says, "I have been offering my spirit, but my life is my own."

Aaiyaah just hugged Valkri.

Nerezza grows deathly pale!

* Nerezza is slain before your eyes!

Valkri claps her hands together, causing a spectacular shower of sparks to fly forth. Drawing her hands slowly back apart, a glowing ball of energy begins growing between them, crackling and snapping with barely harnessed power.

The substance of Nerezza's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Falila asks, "Could someone fissure maybe, please?"

Vahlissa peers through the Moongate.

Redeth says, "Then you are not willing to do what must be done."

A blue Moongate collapses in on itself.

Redeth nods.

The melodic introduction of "Hodierna's Lilt" drifts from Falila's silverwillow lyre.

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

The opaque outline of a spectral bird roars into view, folding its fiery wings protectively around Valkri. Its presence soon fades, although a fiery aura of light still emanates from around her.

Ceich pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Redeth seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger.

Sebastienne says, "I am giving her one more."

Terra pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Ogdaro lets out a hearty cheer for Terra!

Aeviona pats Terra on the back.

Sebastienne says, "Ceich, Nerezza, you do not need to."

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Terra pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri's eyes flare briefly and the blue-white hue intensifies.

Valkri seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Valkri appears downtrodden.

Terra says, "I'm sorry Vahlissa. I will be okay. Have faith."

Vahlissa says, "Indeed."

Terra slowly empties her lungs.

Terra pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Saranari shakes her hair out.

Saranari gazes down at the floor.

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri gestures at Flowers. Flowers is outlined by a silvery corona for a moment.

As Valkri chants a dispirited requiem for Flowers to Aldauth, her hands begin to glow faintly silver. She reluctantly extends a glowing hand towards the body of Flowers. Dark crimson bands of light flow about the body of Flowers, pulsating with a heartbeat rhythm. Silvery-grey tendrils twine around the dark crimson bands, seeping into the corpse. As the last tendril vanishes from view, the bands explode with a brilliant flash and Flowers blinks dazedly, wobbling on her feet. Valkri drops to one knee.

Valkri appears downtrodden.

Flowers beams at Valkri!

Terra says, "I still live, but I feel devoid of life."

Falila pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Sebastienne grows deathly pale!

* Sebastienne is slain before your eyes!

Vahlissa went through a blue Moongate.

Somniumvisum just went through a blue Moongate, dragging Jaxilynn's body with him.

Vahlissa came through a blue Moongate.

Guard Commander Aaiyaah went through a blue Moongate.

You get the feeling that the chrysalis focuses on you! A strange, almost thankful purr echoes in your mind as a large portion of your spirit is sucked away. Roundtime: 9 sec.

Cined pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Terra grows deathly pale!

Terra stops listening to Fyrelace.

* Terra is slain before your eyes!

The substance of Sebastienne's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Flowers peers through the Moongate.

Ascendant Flowers went through a blue Moongate.

A slitted blood-red eyeball slip through Terra's fading form as she departs and fall to the ground.

The substance of Terra's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Draeya peers through the Moongate.

Tiakim pales and lurches away from the chrysalis. > Ceich peers through the Moongate.

Nerezza says, "If a cleric is able and willing, a vigil would be nice."

Nerezza peers through the Moongate.

Valkri says, "You'll have to chant for one."

Terra joins Falila in performing the Hodierna's Lilt enchante.

Miskton peers through the Moongate.

Terra bows to Vahlissa.

The substance of Starlear's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

Vahlissa smiles at Terra.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger.

Stilva appears downtrodden. Nerezza appears stronger.

Perfect Storm Sebastienne just arrived, leading her group.

Terra appears stronger.

Redeth says, "Do not relent, Followers of Dergati.... you will be rewarded."

Sebastienne kneels down.

Tiakim pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Alyseanna gazes silently at Redeth.

Gwenddolyn moves into position to cover Valkri from harm.

The soothing music nearby eases your spirit.

Redeth pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Stilva appears downtrodden. Nerezza appears stronger.

Alyseanna says to Redeth, "I question your motives."

Valkri says to Gwenddolyn, "I believe I am in the least amount of danger here."

Valkri appears downtrodden.

Miskton inhales a great swallow of air.

Miskton slowly empties his lungs.

Vahlissa says, "So the unkown voice from the darkness says."

Sebastienne says, "Ceich, Nerezza, kneel with me please. I want you both close."

The soft white glow fades from around Vahlissa.

The bandages binding Tiakim's left leg soak through with blood as it begins bleeding again.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger. Nerezza kneels down before Sebastienne.

Ceich kneels down.

Sebastienne holds hands with Ceich.

Sebastienne holds hands with Nerezza.

Aeviona smiles at Sebastienne.

Miskton wobbles, looking a bit faint.

Vahlissa glances at something on top of a blackened stone altar.

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Redeth says, "The opportunity to please your Goddes is here now, and yet you all fall short. More of your spiritual energy is needed."

Nerezza pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Vahlissa asks, "Who is saying that?"

Terra pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Cined says, "Redeth is."

Vahlissa asks, "When did Redeth become so holy and knowing?"

Redeth says, "It's obvious what needs to be done."

Ysselt says, "Possibly after the gender swap."

Ceich pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Cined laughs!

Saranari laughs!

Vahlissa says, "Hah."

Redeth says, "Your here to sacrifice yourselves, don't get scared now."

Valkri says, "Redeth, though I respect the goddess...Dergati is not my patron. I belong to Aldauth."

Vahlissa says, "There is a difference between stupidity and being frightened."

Vahlissa says, "Especially from a self proclaimed expert."

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Tiakim pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger.

Silvwyn pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Sebastienne says, "More, then."

Valkri says, "Please be uplifting and supportive...no need for criticism here."

Alyseanna says, "This is the same man who suggested I speak for myself when I offered our spirits to Dergati's will. I'd hardly pay attention to him now."

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Redeth pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Nerezza pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger.

Terra chants in a mezzo-soprano voice:

"Great Goddess, unraveller of souls
You have unravelled the souls of nearly all here
Give us a sign, show us what you require from us."

Sebastienne grows deathly pale!

* Sebastienne is slain before your eyes!

The substance of Sebastienne's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

  • Sebastienne is slain before your eyes!

You continue to instruct your student on Targeted Magic.

Your spirit feels less drained.

Small flying insects dart about your new-found field of vision.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger.

Ogdaro pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

The substance of Sebastienne's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Sparkles follow the jawless skulls as they zip by Valkri's right forearm.

You get the feeling that the chrysalis focuses on you! A strange, almost thankful purr echoes in your mind as a large portion of your spirit is sucked away. Roundtime: 9 sec.

Miskton pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Terra says, "I think we can gleam from what the object is, what will happen."

Miskton grows deathly pale!

* Miskton is slain before your eyes!

Cined says, "I prefer to thinkexp."

Ogdaro grows deathly pale!

* Ogdaro is slain before your eyes!

Your spirit feels less drained.

You get an ebonwood rattle with a string of feathers dangling from the handle from inside your leather rucksack.

The substance of Ogdaro's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

The substance of Miskton's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

You shake your ebonwood rattle. Your soul feels much stronger!

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger.

You put your rattle in your leather rucksack.

Aeviona pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Aeviona pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Stilva appears downtrodden. Nerezza appears stronger.

Cined says, "Thank goodness for anonymity."

Aeviona pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Starlear pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Aeviona pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Aeviona grows deathly pale!

* Aeviona is slain before your eyes!

Tiakim pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

The substance of Aeviona's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Terra pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Terra says, "Everyone who has not offered, perhaps if you just gazed at the chrysalis one time."

Vahlissa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Perfect Storm Sebastienne just arrived.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger.

Your spirit no longer feels drained.

You continue to instruct your student on Targeted Magic. Gwenddolyn unconsciously mimics some of what you just taught her, thereby urging you on to greater teaching feats.

Ceich asks Valkri, "You're a cleric. Now what?"

The brilliant colors swirl in and out of focus as you strain to listen.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Terra appears stronger.

Stilva appears downtrodden. Nerezza appears stronger.

Ceich peers quizzically at Valkri.

Sebastienne says, "Ceich, Nerezza, no more if you were thinking about it."

Nerezza frowns.

Sebastienne says, "Therengia is getting a little tense."

Redeth shakes his head.

Sebastienne says, "And we do not seem to be making any headway with...whatever this is."

Valkri says to Sebastienne, "Lady Dane..."

Ysselt says, "Perhaps that's ulterior motive of the person who keeps chanting for more deaths, to discredit."

Terra recites:

"The path before us is clear. The spirit energy has formed a chrysalis, which in itself is a symbol of transformation. Like a butterfly, when this has the resources it needs, it will hatch. But I am afraid to find what it will hatch to."

Nerezza joins Sebastienne's group.

Observer Miskton just arrived.

Ogdaro says, "Gonna let m'soul recover 'fore I sacrifice m'self again, dun wanna be makin' empty sacrifices."

Nerezza appears downtrodden. Stilva appears stronger.

Stilva takes a sip of her blood.

Terra's skin turns a pasty shade.

Coenrad says, "If you think that thing is going to hatch any time soon you are fools."

Redeth asks, "Perhaps it's the coming of the Goddess, wouldn't that be splendid?"

Vahlissa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

The brilliant colors swirl in and out of focus as you strain to listen.

Silvwyn pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

You continue to instruct your student on Targeted Magic.

You get the feeling that the chrysalis focuses on you! A strange, almost thankful purr echoes in your mind as a large portion of your spirit is sucked away. Roundtime: 9 sec.

Ceich says to Sebastienne, "It's a chrysalis. You used to have a butterfly. I think it's still an answer."

Ceich nods to Sebastienne.

Ysselt rubs her nose.

Redeth says, "Everytime you look at the Chrysalis, there's a different face."

Terra recites:

"All of our spirits are intertwined through this...chrysalis."

Vahlissa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Torgrailian pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Tiakim pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Sebastienne holds hands with Ceich.

Alyseanna says, "Not too far of a stretch. I wouldn't be shocked if there were a connection."

Terra pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Sebastienne appears stronger.

Redeth says, "I personally believe that it requires different souls, rather than the same ones repetetively."

The humanoid-sized chrysalis adheres to the tunnel ceiling directly above the altar. Its cocoon strands consist of a thick substance that somehow appears both cottony and ambery at the same time. One end of the strands parts slightly as you watch, letting you glimpse Aeviona's face on the creature lying there for a moment before it is concealed again.

Terra says, "Some people seem unwilling."

Sebastienne says, "I believe we must keep feeding it spirit. I feel like something is thanking me everytime I touch it."

Nerezza pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Ceich pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Ogdaro says, "More spirit, but mebbe less deaths."

Redeth says, "The different faces on the creature, reflects the soul power it has already stemmed off of."

Starlear pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Ceich says, "I doubt She minds the deaths."

Sebastienne says, "Yes, I think dying does not make any difference."

Falila pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri nods to Sebastienne.

Saranari asks, "Do you all have any idea what youre talking about or are you all just guessing?"

Vahlissa asks, "Assumptions. How could it be anything more?"

Alyseanna asks, "It's all guessing, of course. Who are we to know the true will of Dergati?"

Sebastienne says, "Oh I am most definitely guessing."

Ogdaro says, "I ain't sat down ta chat wi' th' goddess recently, so I's jus' postulatin'."

Tiakim pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Tiakim begins to pray.

Tiakim pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Sebastienne says, "But I know what I feel when I touch it."

Terra says, "Something larger is at work here, anyone who thinks otherwise is a sad and foolish person."

Ogdaro pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Sebastienne appears stronger.

Alyseanna pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri says, "I doubt anyone here would disagree that there is a divine presence here."

Aeviona's voice soars into the high reaches of the spectrum, each note ringing purely as she continues to sing her enchante.

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Vahlissa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Terra says, "How much spirit energy it must require, such a sickening amount."

Ceich pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

The shadowy orb of light hovering near Valkri pulses, as if alive.

The soothing music nearby eases your spirit.

Vahlissa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

You get the feeling that the chrysalis focuses on you! A strange, almost thankful purr echoes in your mind as a large portion of your spirit is sucked away. Roundtime: 9 sec.

Aeviona points at Ogdaro and blames him for all her problems.

Nerezza pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Nerezza says, "It seems to be taking more with each touch. At least from me."

Alyseanna says, "Indeed."

he substance of Nerezza's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later she fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where her body had once lain.

Sebastienne frowns.

Aeviona's voice soars into the high reaches of the spectrum, each note ringing purely as she continues to sing her enchante.

Starlear pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri says, "Lady Dane, I think it would be best to keep your group here instead of letting them go to Theren."

Valkri asks, "Perhaps they shouldn't touch the chrysalis?"

Vahlissa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Sebastienne says, "I am not going to tell them to stop taking part in what is clearly some kind of religious experience."

Sebastienne says, "I understand Coenrad's concerns but I think we have proven that we are not here to cause any harm by now, and escort was never part of the agreement. No side trips certainly was, but we can hardly call our death and rebirth a side trip."

Aeviona pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Miskton pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Ogdaro pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Aeviona's voice soars into the high reaches of the spectrum, each note ringing purely as she continues to sing her enchante.

Tiakim pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Vahlissa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri says, "The chrysalis is blessed."

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Vahlissa says, "I wonder if vigil could be casted on it."

Stilva meekly says, "It can not."

Aeviona pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri asks, "Can any spell be cast on it?"

Valkri says, "I could try."

Dame Nerezza just arrived.

Nerezza casually observes the area.

Sebastienne holds hands with Nerezza.

Nerezza says, "Sorry I got a bit lost."

Nerezza flashes a wide grin.

Torgrailian asks, "Whatis it?"

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis. > Ogdaro nods to Aeviona.

Aeviona grows deathly pale!

* Aeviona is slain before your eyes!

Ogdaro pats Aeviona on the back.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Sebastienne appears stronger.

Sebastienne rubs Aeviona gently.

Your spirit feels less drained. The soothing music nearby eases your spirit.

Valkri gestures. The glowing aura fades from around Valkri. A glowing aura surrounds Valkri.

A faint susurration comes from Stilva's direction, "All honor and reverence be given unto Dergati, that she may be patient with our foolishness and spare our souls from her vengeance."

The earth around Aeviona's body seems to awaken, opening up and curling around her, pulling the lifeless form downward, covering her until all that is left is a slowly fading gravesite.

Valkri appears downtrodden. Sebastienne appears stronger.

Valkri kneels down.

Valkri bends forward and kisses a blackened stone altar. Valkri looks up and sighs, smiling.

Valkri reaches out and touches a blackened stone altar. Valkri shivers slightly.

Valkri stands up.

Nerezza nods to Ceich.

Terra pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Linessa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Saranari gazes down at the floor.

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

You say into the darkness, "I wonder why I killed some initially, but not others."

Small flying insects dart about your new-found field of vision.

Valkri says, "STronger spirits."

Vahlissa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

You say into the darkness, "It."

Sebastienne sighs.

You cough.

Terra gazes upward. Sebastienne appears downtrodden. Valkri appears stronger.

Starlear grows deathly pale!

* Starlear is slain before your eyes!

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Valkri grows deathly pale!

* Valkri is slain before your eyes!

A dancing aura of spectral flame begins to waver about Valkri's lifeless body. The glowing aura fades from around Valkri.

The substance of Starlear's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Vahlissa works carefully at tending her wounded left leg.

The faint outline of a spectral bird rises from the flame surrounding Valkri's corpse, spreading its wings wide as it raises its head to the heavens and calls out with a keening cry!

Valkri's body is fully engulfed in a funeral pyre of insatiable, roaring flame!

Ogdaro asks, "Annabody know th' story on them mole-thin's what showed up?"

Torgrailian pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Terra says, "They vaguely resembled shrews, I thought."

Miskton says, "There was an actual baby mole wandering around earlier, before most people showed up."

The faint outline of a spectral bird rises from the flame surrounding Valkri's corpse, spreading its wings wide as it raises its head to the heavens and calls out with a keening cry!

Valkri's body is fully engulfed in a funeral pyre of insatiable, roaring flame!

Amid the swirling fervor of the sweltering flame, Valkri shudders once and her eyelids snap open. She fixes her gaze unflinchingly upward, yielding to the feverish fire that devours and nurtures her. Her chest rises and falls with renewed, instinctive breath.

The spectral bird stretches out its wings, held aloft in the air by the pyre of flame.

Ogdaro says, "Hrm, interestin'."

A serene expression crosses Valkri's face as she stands amid the blazing pyre, staring past you, as if seeing something of divine importance in the beyond. The flames continue to dance and swirl about her, but she seems to take comfort in their presence.

Miskton says, "Or at least, it looked like a mole."

Ogdaro pats Aeviona on the back.

Miskton pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Draeya says, "Maybe it is meant to stay here so that others may travel here to gaze upon it."

Terra says, "Maybe we are just approaching this wrong."

Terra finishes humming a masterful minuet.

Terra asks, "Has anyone focused on it?"

Valkri says, "Yes."

Terra asks, "And?"

Valkri says, "Sucked out my spirit."

Terra asks, "Did you try charging it?"

Ogdaro grins at Aeviona.

Vahlissa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "It's not a device, so ....no."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Maybe it just isn't time yet. You can't force a caterpillar to become a butterfly overnight."

Ogdaro winks at Aeviona.

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Aeviona grins at Ogdaro.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Charging it? Seriously? Why dont you set it on fire while youre at it."

Nerezza holds her hand up before her mouth and begins to cough, her shoulders shaking. Hope it's not contagious!

From the darkness you hear a voice ask, "Has anyone tried to place it on the altar?"

From the darkness you hear a voice ask, "And offer it up?"

>get chr You get the feeling that the chrysalis focuses on you! A strange, almost thankful purr echoes in your mind as a large portion of your spirit is sucked away. Roundtime: 9 sec.

From the darkness you hear a voice ask, "Can we touch it?"

Stilva yawns expansively.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "If you have a better idea, we're all ears over here. It's pretty amusing how brave people get when they know that nobody knows who they are."

You say into the darkness, "No."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Even if one could actually touch it, I don't think that would be viewed kindly."

You say into the darkness, "At least I cannot."

From the darkness you hear a voice ask, "Nobody knows who they are?"

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "My name is Saranari. And I advise against setting it on fire as well."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Some people can tell who's speaking, don't worry."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "I can see just fine."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Th' offerin' blade's still on th' altar. S'pose someone could try usin' it ta cut th' chrysalis open."

Tiakim deftly removes the Dergati scythe-blade from his raekhlo.

Terra deftly traces an arcane pattern as a subtle breeze begins to swirl around her. You recognize the spell as Strange Arrow.

Sebastienne says, "I think cutting it is a terrible idea."

Valkri says, "A chrysalis is something unfinished or changing."

Sebastienne says, "It does seem that Dergati does not want my weapon, however."

Ogdaro says, "I ain't known fer ma great ideas, but it were an idea."

Valkri says, "I don't think we should disturb it."

Stilva puts her blood in her spidersilk bag.

Vahlissa grins at Terra.

A viciously-honed briquet with a sinuous blade suddenly leaps from a blackened stone altar and flies toward Sebastienne! Sebastienne catches the briquet easily in her right hand.

Vahlissa just hugged Terra.

Torgrailian says, "Might want to remove it."

Terra pulls Vahlissa to her in a tight hug.

Sebastienne sighs.

Terra pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Tiakim says, "Aw i was gonna put mine next to it."

Sebastienne sheathes her briquet.

Tiakim grins.

Vahlissa works carefully at tending her wounded left leg.

Tiakim rubs a curved nightmare black Dergati scythe-blade with shrikes flowing down the blade.

An uplifting lilt colors Aeviona's voice as she continues to sing her enchante.

You're unable to call your companion for some reason at the moment.

Nerezza pats Sebastienne on the back.

Gauntlet Champion Sneeky just arrived.

Tiakim hangs his Dergati scythe-blade from his raekhlo. It rattles against the ironwood nightstick hanging from his raekhlo, and he adjusts them.

Alyseanna pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Terra says, "I tried to charge the chrysalis and it did indeed take something, but just my spirit."

Stilva sighs.

Tiakim says, "Even if you appraise it."

Tiakim says, "It still takes spirit."

Torgrailian picks up a slitted blood-red eyeball.

Torgrailian ponders.

Torgrailian drops a slitted blood-red eyeball.

rgrailian says, "Ow."

Saranari whispers something to Nerezza.

Alyseanna begins to pray.

Torgrailian grows deathly pale!

* Torgrailian is slain before your eyes!

Terra picks up a slitted blood-red eyeball.

Vahlissa pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Alyseanna prays fervently.

The substance of Torgrailian's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

Alyseanna's offering is consumed in a blinding flash of light. When your vision clears, a glowing Dergati orb rests in its place upon the altar.

Valkri gestures over the Dergati orb, muttering tones of enchantment! Crackling blue essence swirls over her hands.

Aeviona's voice soars into the high reaches of the spectrum, each note ringing purely as she continues to sing her enchante.

Alyseanna gets a glowing Dergati orb from atop a blackened stone altar.

You ask into the darkness, "How about praying to it, or having a familar get it?"

Dunrook pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Sebastienne pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Miskton says, "I'm sure it would be interesting to watch. And quite unpleasant for the familiar."

Starlear pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Miskton pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

You ask into the darkness, "Maybe glyphing it?"

Valkri asks, "Who's mantle is that?"

[Ker'Leor, Zindalyi Lyba] A rough chunk of stone rises from the floor as though it grew from the mountains themselves. Closer inspection reveals careful chiseling and subtle carving to create a flat-topped altar. This part of the tunnel is hushed, the stone floor clean, the walls spotless, but thrums with power. Someone -- or something -- keeps the altar in good repair. Small bits of bone and feathers are arranged behind the altar, holding meaning known only to those who laid them there. You also see a translucent black chrysalis and a ceremonial mantle of mottled black silk fastened with a ghostly white moonstone. Also here: Gauntlet Champion Sneeky, Elemental Bloodbath Starlear, Spirit Dancer Valkri, Shark Aeviona, Dame Nerezza, Ceich who is kneeling, Ecologist Dunrook, Observer Miskton, Perfect Storm Sebastienne, Raider Ogdaro, Sacrificer Alyseanna who is kneeling, Muse Terra, Vahlissa, Renegade Silvwyn, Emerald Knight Linessa, Phantom Stilva who is radiating a glowing aura, Saranari, Lieutenant Falila, Judge Tiakim, Senior Commander Gwenddolyn, Commander Draeya and Ysselt. Obvious exits: southeast, southwest.

Ogdaro says, "Terras."

Terra picks up a ceremonial mantle of mottled black silk fastened with a ghostly white moonstone.

Terra puts her mantle in her music satchel.

Sebastienne nods to Saranari.

Starlear grows deathly pale!

* Starlear is slain before your eyes!

Valkri scans the area briefly.

The substance of Starlear's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

Tiakim embraces his worry stone lightly and slowly caresses it with his thumb in a gentle, circular motion. He seems to visibly relax with every deliberate, rhythmic movement.

Stilva meekly says, "The tribulation upon yeh soul is it's own reward. To expect, let alone demand more than such is foolish indeed..."

Sebastienne says, "Terra. Whatever we have started here, I do not think it is going to resolve itself tonight."

Terra ponders.

Sebastienne says, "Nothing we have done has changed a thing. A chrysalis needs time."

Valkri says, "I am inclined to agree with that."

Terra says, "That is certainly a possibility.. so much has already happened."

Sebastienne says, "And while the events of this evening were far from what I expected or hoped, I believe it is a positive thing. I believe she has noticed me. And I believe she will allow me to take the next step soon."

Terra says, "A chrysalis does need time, but I might be afraid to leave it and wait for some... monster to find me later."

Terra says, "Or anyone else, for that matter."

Sebastienne says, "I will be ecstatic if whatever is in here finds me when it hatches."

Aeviona asks, "Was the chrysalis already here before the vigil?"

Valkri says, "No."

Terra says, "Most defintely not."

Ogdaro says, "Whate'er 'tis is divinely appointed. Wha' it does, it does, an' let th' Immortals be praised."

Valkri says, "Lady Dane it's up to you."

Sebastienne says, "I think we should leave it be. We have done all we know to do and we are only going to try Dergati's patience if we keep trying silly things."

Stilva pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Miskton says, "Well, whatever happens, it would be a shame if no one is here to observe it. This is a fascinating occurrence."

Alyseanna says, "I'll be staying, for a while at least." Valkri asks, "Who is staying?"

Tiakim strikes a heroic pose.

Valkri nods to Tiakim.

Sebastienne says, "Alyseanna was the one who spoke."

Miskton says, "I intend to stay for some time."

Alyseanna says, "I am. Alyseanna. I'll stay with it for a while."

Sebastienne says, "Miskton as well."

Valkri says, "Lady Dane's party will need leave the province."

Ogdaro pales and lurches away from the chrysalis.

Sebastienne says, "Miskton as well."

Valkri says, "So long as that is understood."

Stilva meekly says, "This is my second home, it would do me well to linger for some time still."

Sebastienne says, "Will you escort us to the bank? The new bodies did not come with coin."

Stilva kneels down.

Stilva bends forward and kisses a blackened stone altar. Stilva looks up and sighs, smiling.

Nerezza gazes at Valkri.

Valkri asks, "Shall I walk us out to the light?"

Sebastienne says, "Please."

Valkri says, "Nerezza, please mind yourself."

Nerezza asks, "I'm sorry have I done something to offend you?"

Tiakim asks, "Would you like me to gate?"

Stilva giggles.

Valkri asks, "Can you?"

Terra says, "Please."

Tiakim says, "Anywhere."

Valkri says, "Back to town would be best."

Tiakim asks, "Just back to theren?"

A gypsy scout just arrived.

Tiakim raises one hand in a sharp gesture, chanting an obscure mantra.

A gypsy scout chuckles.

Tiakim gestures at a gypsy scout.

Valkri says, "Yes, so they can get coin for the journey out of the province...oh."

Ogdaro glances at a gypsy scout.

Tiakim blinks.

Miskton glances at a gypsy scout.

Stilva stands up.

Aeviona just tried to flirt with a gypsy scout!

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Saw that one on the way in."

A gypsy scout says, "Outlanders."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Scout, we are leaving the area."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Good eve Gypsy."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "You are not to harm the scout, I hope this is understood."

>l scout You see a gypsy scout. The gypsy scout is in good shape. It is wearing a cloak, a chain shirt. It is carrying some smooth rocks, a rapier, a sling.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Let your King know, we will be on our way."

A gypsy scout asks, "What foolishness have you woken here?"

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "We are on Gypsy land so be respectful."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "There is no foolishness here."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Only a goddess and her followers."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "We have incited the goddess Dergati."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Ain't no foolishness, this's divine will."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "And a new chrysalis."

A gypsy scout says, "Only will in the ker'Leor is Talorc's."

Sneeky chortles softly at some secret joke.

A gypsy scout says, "I will pass on your messages and actions."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Yer king places 'imself above th' gods? I wish 'im well in tha'."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "No disrespect is meant to the king."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Perhaps he would know what to make of this thing."

A gypsy scout says, "Only outlanders would fling themselves to so many deaths with nothing to show for it."

From the darkness you hear a voice ask, "Everyone, please hold your tongue and let us get that moongate out of here?"

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "To the High King you mean."

From the darkness you hear a voice ask, "Who says we have nothing to show for it?"

From the darkness you hear a voice ask, "Who leads?"

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Valkri."

Tiakim joins Valkri's group.

A gypsy scout chuckles.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Take me to some sky."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Join valkri."

A gypsy scout just went southwest.

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "Did."

From the darkness you hear a voice ask, "How long till the moongate?"

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "I neeeed sky for a gate."

From the darkness you hear a meek voice say, "Foolish..."

From the darkness you hear a voice say, "This is ridiculous. Just walk."

Valkri chants:

"Ok, we are moving"

Starlear says, "I was sort of hoping that the Chrysalis would wake up and eat him."

Starlear says, "Alas."

This message was originally posted in Events and Happenings : Therengia, by Lerasha on the play.net forums.