|Agates at a Glance|
|Colors||Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Grey, Orange, Red, White, Yellow|
|Required for Alterations||No|
- Varieties of Agate
- carnelian agate - has reddish hues.
- fire agate - iridescent, internal flash or "fire" resulting from a layer of clear agate over hematite.
- lace agate - lace-like pattern with forms such as eyes, swirls, bands, or zigzags. Typically red and white or yellow and grey.
- moss agate - exhibits a moss-like pattern and is green.
- mountain agate
- plume agate - Inclusions of smoke-like or plume shapes in a variety of colors from blue, red, orange, green, brown, white, grey, black, and yellow.
This material is not required for alterations.
Raw Material Sources
Related Forum Posts