A family of lunar mages who research traditional lunar magic, the Web of Fate, the Plane of Probability, Elven history, time, shadows, dreams, darkness, and are rumored to research and perform all types of Sorcery. It is said that their personal library contains theoretical treatises that question many traditional views held by the Moon Mage guild. Aaoskar claims that their research rivals that of the Crowthers, but this rumor has not been confirmed.
Treatises rumored to be in the Moonbender Library
The following discussions and events occurred in game, but they are not established in-game lore. They are the views of Aaoskar though he is not the sole creator of any of the ideas. Read them with caution. At times, the ideas may sound contradictory. This is because many ideas have evolved over time.
Many talks from many mages contributed to the following. A special thanks to everyone at the urn and especially to Lenaea, Reyael, Elabela, Atazai, Rafano, Agalea, Aerathor, Traim, Brennarose, Elfverhan, Skaen, Miskton, Mozzik, Pathian, Ilveric, and many others. Though I am certain that I am missing many people whose conversations influenced or contributed to these works. It is impossible to name them all. If anyone feels left out, just get in touch with me sometime. These events and discussions are put on epedia to be a reference of different ideas and events relating to Moon Mages, primarily so that the ideas not get lost.
1. Group Predictions.
2. A History of the Guild, Part 1: A Justification for Group Predictions
3. The Necessity of Group Predictions: A Moral Argument
4. Visionary Precautions.
5. The Theory of Prophecy through Stillness.
6. The Theory of Temporal Shadows.
7. A Radical Theory of Elven Heritage
8. The Sacrifice.
9. Communication with Extra-Planar Entities: An Attempt To Promote Understanding and to Avoid Future Conflict.
10. A Theory of Planar Instability caused by Lunar Magic.
11. The Complexities of Extra-Planar Relations.
12. Frediwyn's Diary.
13. The Theory of Binding Infinite Probability into Finitude: Part 1, Teleportation
14. The Theory of Binding Infinite Probability into Finitude: Part 2, The Naming Ritual
15. Aaoskar's Indictment of Silence
16. Grazhir: The Cosmic Pendulum and its Influence on Astral Travel
17. Dream Theory
18. Dance for the Spirits, Lecture II
19. The Dichotomy of Time
20. Piercing the Temporal Veil
Logs of Events
1. Astral Plane Group Prediction
2. The Log of Communication with Extra-Planar Entities: An Attempt to Promote Understanding and to Avoid Future Conflict
3. The Log of The Complexities of Extra-Planar Relations.
4. The Log of A Plan to Consult Nera
5. A Curious Anomaly
6. Lunar Experiment and The Arbiter's Stylus
7. Plans for Talking to Nera
8. The Log of the attempt to speak with Nera
9. The Log of Grazhir: The Cosmic Pendulum and its Influence on Astral Travel
10. The Log of Dream Theory: To Dance with the Spirits, Part 1
11. The Log of Dichotomy of Time
12. The Log of Piercing the Temporal Veil
13. The Log of Dance with the Spirits, Part II
14. The Log of Dance with the Spirits, Part III
We tracked the moons for about 1 elanthian year. These are made available in the hope that they can help other people. They may be of particular use to Moon Mages or Rakash.