Weapon:Wheaten-hued staff incised with myriad runes
|wheaten-hued staff incised with myriad runes|
|Look:||Affixed to the top of the wooden shaft by a blackened steel ring is a mass of amulets strung upon sturdy metal chains.|
|Force of Impact:||soundly (8/17)|
|Construction:||highly protected (13/18)|
|Appraised Cost:|| 375 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||19 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Sleeping Dragon Corn Maze 425/End loot, Sleeping Dragon Corn Maze 421/End loot|
- STUDY: You recognize that the staff is a ritual focus. It's a tool that assists in harnessing the mana required to cast ritual spells, if it is invoked while the spell is being prepared.
- In particular, this directly assists in harnessing mana. When activated, the staff will accumulate energy from mana streams that pass through it, stored within a core of specially enchanted cambrinth. The enchantment is designed for fluid discharge rather than lifespan, so the magician must skillfully direct the spell energy within moments of reaching the desired charge.
- The mana manipulation done through ritual foci are crude and often sharply limited by the design of the enchantment. Most ritual foci are limited to being useful only to a specific book of magic, though foci designed with incredible skill can be more broadly useful. No known ritual focus is fine enough to work at a level above the blunt strokes of empowering a ritual, much to the relief of their users' job security.
- FOCUS: You focus your magical senses on a wheaten-hued staff incised with myriad runes.
- The wheaten-hued staff has a definite magical pattern, which is apparently a ritual focus.
- The focus has been enchanted with sublime care and reinforced with an Analogous Patterns sub-enchantment. It should be compatible with any ritual.
- While the magical nature of the focus is clear enough, you will need to study it more carefully to recollect how they function.