The teleportation tattoo system introduced during Su Helmas: Seeds of Entropy (2019). They are unlimited use, require a moon to be up, and have a twenty roisaen cooldown. Most of the these tattoos are enchanted with fixed destinations, though a version with a resettable destination was also released. With all permutations, there is a small chance that you may be teleported to a random location.
You can have only one tattoo, either a cosmetic, magical or teleportation type, however the effects of the magical & teleportation tattoos can be applied to a cosmetic tattoo in order to preserve your preferred design. All tattoos can removed at tattoo shops or with a variation of the dirty inkpot.
- APPLY to wear a teleportation tattoo
- FOCUS TATTOO to check the target location in the tattoo and other relative info.
- RUB or TOUCH TATTOO to activate the teleport.
- Unlimited use with a 20 roisaen (10 minute).
- Will remain with you thru death.
Removing and Storage
If you have an existing magical tattoo, you can APPLY one of the blank/dirty/etc. inkpots to remove your existing tattoo along with the magical spell and store it in the inkpot. The inkpot will then be stored with the spell that was contained in your tattoo. You can now safely apply a different tattoo if you choose to, however keep in mind there is a 30 RL-day cooldown on reapplying a removed tattoo, so as not to allow people to constantly swap between magical tattoos. These are meant to be a real choice, not something that can be willy nilly swapped like spell scrolls.
Some other things to keep in mind:
- When replacing a previously removed tattoo, the tattoo description for the inkpot will overwrite whatever the previous tattoo was. For example if you have a blank inkpot that has a tattoo of "trailing silvery-blue sigils", but your old tattoo was "a white hammer covered in verdant runes"... if you store your tattoo in that inkpot the next time you APPLY the tattoo from the inkpot (after 30 days has elapsed) the tattoo will now be "red wavy lines" - the old tattoo is lost.
- Tattoo's bought from other shops and special custom tattoos are not removed when using these. Only tattoos that were applied from the inkpots. If you have a rune tattoo stored in a custom or non-Droughtman's tattoo design only the spell will be stored in the inkpot. Your old tattoo will be safe and secure.
Variations of removal inkpots include:
- STUDY before application:
- Upon opening the lid, you see instructions detailing how to APPLY a tattoo of four great bridges providing passage to a prodigious crystal spire to your left palm. This tattoo will allow you to interact with it to teleport between locations, after being applied.
- You believe if you were to APPLY the ink contained within the inkpot, you would imbue your existing tattoo, instead of following the instructions.
- STUDY after application:
- You lightly trace a finger around the outline of your unique tattoo, closely inspecting it. Searching your mind, you recall Shard, East Bridge where you last rubbed your tattoo.
- [The tattoo is certainly magical, and you think you might be able to RUB or TOUCH it.]
- APPLY: You carefully remove the lid of the inkpot. Ignoring the the instructions on the lid, you trace your tattoo with the included needle. After a little work, you discard the inkpot.
- TOUCH TATTOO:
- You brace yourself as you touch your tattoo.
- The world grows blurry and indistinct for a moment. You look around and find yourself at...
- Will immediately arrive at the destination (target or random), and will have a 20 second RT before you can move.