WO for level within the guild I believe might vary by either skillset, a function of average ingots per task, or number of crafters. Having completed ~3x as many blacksmithing WOs as armorsmithing, I am now higher prestige in armorsmithing than in blacksmithing. --Hithrael 16:25, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
- Because of their high material use, I think armor may give more per item than blacksmithing. -Moderator Caraamon Makdasi(talk) 19:07, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
Blacksmithing WO's Required
- Renowned attained: 0 Easy, 14 Challenging and 164 Hard Blacksmithing work orders.
- Noteworthy Attained: 1 Easy, 129 Challenging and 38 Hard Blacksmithing work orders. Mostly small (<5 vol/item) orders.
Armorsmithing WO's Required
- Noteworthy attained via armorsmithing WOs. Most were completed as master crafted.
- 0 Easy, 16 Challenging and 103 Hard Armorsmithing work orders.
- Renowned attained via armorsmithing WOs. Most were completed as master crafted.
- 0 Easy, 16 Challenging and 137 Hard Armorsmithing work orders.
Weaponsmithing WO's Required
- Noteworthy attained via weaponsmithing WOs. assume all master crafted, 95%+ at 6 items
- 1 Easy, 0 Challenging and 136 Hard Weaponsmithing work orders.
- Renowned attained via weaponsmithing WOs. Most hard/masterwork/6
- 1 East, 0 Challenging, and 176 Hard Weaponsmithing work orders.
Main Page Numbers Very Approximate
Just as a heads up, but those metrics on the main page for the number of WOs needed seem pretty off. It took me 130 challenging and 130 hard to get to renowned with a minor amount of decay. —TEVESHSZAT 23:59, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
- What type of WOs? Armor, Weapon, Blacksmith, or Carving? And roughly what amount master-crafted? --Hithrael 00:55, 25 August 2011 (UTC)
- Blacksmith. I'd say half were masterful. I was doing a lot of platinum jobs before the prestige system itself was released (even though we were gaining prestige without our knowledge) so a lot of the stuff I did was outstanding. I also don't have a career, instead just a hobby, so my bonus wasn't great enough to masterful things I had techs for without problems. —TEVESHSZAT 03:53, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
I'll add some numbers and try to keep them updated. I'm an empath with Armorsmithing as a career. With the exception of the first 2 challenging ones I did, they've all been masterfully crafted bronze items.
- Just hit familiar with the following:
- 0 Easy, 6 Challenging and 3 Hard Armorsmithing work orders. --Khelek 03:44, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
- 0/45/26 (Note, this is with some prestige loss from decay)
I noticed my numbers differ greatly from the front page - Weaponsmithing
I'd say most of the work orders were master crafted and I marked every weapon crafted after I got my stamp was marked. (About 200 work orders)
--Callahaan 00:57, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- I'm pushing 300 hard WOs myself with similar caveats. Still renowned. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to confirm results like yours. --Hithrael 02:05, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Just hit Prominent with 0/0/384, and no marking. Actually might have been prominent for a while, I only check occasionally.--Antendren 22:06, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
- Hit honored at 0/0/669.--Antendren 21:33, 24 December 2011 (UTC)
- Finally got acclaimed at 0/0/1328.--Antendren 23:14, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
- Prominent at 1/2/317 Weaponsmithing (started using basic stamp as soon as I got it, and missed maybe a handful of stamps due to repairs) I may have gotten it earlier since I don't check the boards after every WO. I may have moved to intricates (low volume Knuckles) at around 260 WO. --Niaura 09:04, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone know if prestige decay affects ability to use a Mark?--Leito 03:51, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Hit Acclaimed at 6/3/1250 yesterday --Achilles 13:25, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
reached Recognized in alchemy with only 16 challenging WO's and 6 Easy's - even if they were even it would only be 22, which is less than the table says it takes 25 challenging. --Homikrin 06:04, 15 October 2013 (UTC)
Data point. 148 WOs to renowned from zero prestige when using a basic makers mark on every item crafted. -- Maskofnite|Illimin 14:24 13 November 2013 (UTC)