Revision as of 00:34, 10 May 2016 by FLINT-TIPPED
|Look:||The jalbreth balm is of a bluish grey color, highlighted with a faint silvery shimmer when beams of light strike it.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 12 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Alchemy (old)|
- CRUSH FISH in a mortar with a pestle to get guts
- CRUSH GUTS in a mortar with a pestle to get pulp
- Put fish pulp, prepared catalyst (store bought Dracon crystal from Chizili's Alchemical Goods crushed into dracon powder) and holy oil into any closable container that accepts multiple items at once
- SHAKE <CLOSED CONTAINER>
- NOTE: With low ranks in the Mechanical lore skill, it may take multiple shake attempts.
Alternate preparation (longer roundtime)
- Put fish pulp, dracon powder and holy oil into any container that accepts multiple items at once (e.g. a large jar)
- Using a stick, MIX <CONTAINER> WITH STICK (NOTE: any "stick" will work, including mixing sticks, parry sticks, and foraged sticks)
- APPLY BALM TO <YOURSELF>
- You carefully anoint your forehead with a bit of the jalbreth balm.
- SMELL BALM
- You sniff at the balm, inhaling a scent of fish oil.
- EAT BALM
- You eat a portion of some jalbreth balm. The balm tastes fishy.
- Jalbreth means "fish" in Gamgweth
- Jalbreth balm is used solely as an ingredient in conjuction with Eluned's second commune (see commune for usage)
- Only fresh fish can be used to create jalbreth balm. Seafood dishes, including salted or smoked fish, cannot be used.
- If you do not want to go fishing, you can purchase fresh lake perch from Net and Bait in Langenfirth
- Jalbreth Balm only requires 1 part holy oil. However, any and all holy oil in the container will be consumed in the creation process.
- Jalbreth Balm only requires 1 part dracon powder. Only 1 part will be consumed in the creation process allowing you to put combined powders into your container and leave them for multiple balms.
- It appears that when using large amounts of dracon powder only 1 part is used. When using smaller amounts of dracon powder the recipe will randomly require 2 or 3 parts, perhaps related to the size of the dracon powder or RNG.
- Currently only Dracon crystals purchased from Chizili's Alchemical Goods in Crossing and crushed into dracon powder are compatible with this recipe