Item:Dusty tapestry cloak with a compass clasp
|dusty tapestry cloak with a compass clasp|
|Look:||Closer examination of the surface reveals a large map of the realms. Several apparent flaws are immediately evident as the towns and other significant landmarks seem randomly placed and not in their proper positions. The needle on the golden compass spins randomly, never seeming to indicate a true north.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 2,100,000 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||? length x ? width x ? height|
|Sources:||Source is Hollow Eve Festival 417/Auction|
- This is what is known as a Huldah cloak. It allows the user to randomly teleport to a new location every 48 anlaen (OOC: 24 rl hours). These locations can be dangerous, so it should be used only by true adventurers!
- See teleportation item for additional notes.
On studying the tapestry cloak, you feel that you might be able to FOCUS or INVOKE the cloak. You also feel that you could probably CLEAN, GLARE, HUG, JUMP, PULL, SHAKE, SMILE, TAP and TOSS the tapestry cloak.
You focus your magical senses on a dusty tapestry cloak with a compass clasp. The tapestry cloak has a definite magical pattern, which apparently is an enchanted item. You recognize the pattern as a manifestation of Elemental magic. It seems to involve Air Manipulation and appears to involve movement. You feel that you could use the tapestry cloak again about a day from now. Roundtime: 20 sec.
Sweeping your cloak quickly around yourself, you begin to spin rapidly causing a spindle of dust to envelop you. As you squeeze your eyes tightly shut, you feel yourself lift off the ground and the sensation of being airborne. After a few moments, you are flug free from the twisting gust, bouncing several times before sitting up, coughing in a cloud of dust. You glance around and see...
- CLEAN: You flick a few bits of lint from your cloak, grabbing the collar with a crisp tug in an attempt to look more presentable.
- Others see: Avaya flicks some lint from his tapestry cloak, then grabs the collar and gives it a crisp tug in an attempt to look more presentable.
- GLARE: You glare and your tapestry cloak ripples and snaps violently, as if to reflect your mood.
- Others see: Avaya glares and his tapestry cloak ripples and snaps violently.
- HUG: You snuggle into the folds of your tapestry cloak, confident it will provide you ample warmth in the current weather.
- Others see: Avaya wraps his tapestry cloak around himself and sighs in contentment.
- JUMP: You leap forward into the air and hover for a moment before landing lightly on your feet, ready for action!
- Others see: Avaya leaps forward into the air and hovers for a moment before landing lightly on his feet, ready for action!
- PULL: Noticing that your cloak is wrinkled, you make a chopping motion downward with both hands. The tapestry cloak snaps taut and then relaxes, leaving the cloak looking neatly pressed.
- Others see: Avaya studies his wrinkled cloak for a moment before making a chopping motion downard with both hands. The tapestry cloak snaps taut and then relaxes, revealing a cloak that looks neatly pressed.
- SHAKE: You shake your tapestry cloak, releasing a small cloud of dust from its folds.
- Others see: Avaya shakes his tapestry cloak, releasing a small cloud of dust from its folds.
- SMILE: You cunningly smile and the end of your tapestry cloak undulates gently.
- Others see: Avaya cunningly smiles and the end of his tapestry cloak undulates gently.
- TAP: A light breeze seems to blow past you for a moment before dying away.
- Others see: A light breeze centers itself on Avaya for a moment before dying away.
- TOSS: You toss your head back and stare into the distance, your tapestry cloak billows behind you, as if caught on an imperceptible breeze.
- Others see: Avaya tosses his head back and stares into the distance, his tapestry cloak billows behind him as if caught on an imperceptible breeze.
[Vykathi Hive, Air Tunnels] A strong wind howls through this cavern, its occasional shifts through other vents and chimneys creating an unearthly aeolian music. Dust and sand sting the eyes and erode the stone walls.
[Shard, Opal Street] A cart filled with apples and manned by a cheery-faced Halfling with a striped smock on awaits all who pass over the Bridge of Wrens to the southeast either arriving to or leaving from Opal Street. The roof of the Temple of Light can faintly be seen to the south, while southwest the Great Tower captures the eye with its bright gleam.