Holy Weapon quest
|This article reveals in-game secrets, spoilers, walkthroughs, or other information not intended for general knowledge in-game.|
Starting the Quest
- Go to the Guildleader's Den in Hibarnhvidar. Other guildleaders might be able to give you this quest.
- ASK DARIUS ABOUT HOLY WEAPON, and wait until he says, "Good luck to you, and the gods keep you safe."
- Go to Genevive's Sweet Tooth in Shard.
- ORDER NUT BREAD for 36 Dokoras. (Other bread might also be acceptable, but this definitely works.)
- Find Sentinel Lyle. He may be on the New South Bridge or in the Great Tower.
- ASK LYLE ABOUT QUEST
- ASK HRIANA ABOUT LYLE, and wait until she says, "I am grateful to him if the truth be known. He has never been anything but a gentleman, occasionally bringing people like you to listen to my tale. Lyle has never been rich, and I have never had true greatness. But I am thankful for the roof over my head and that at least there is some food within the cabinets."
- OFFER BREAD TO HRIANA
- Go to the Guildleader's Office in the Tower of Honor.
- ASK SNOW ABOUT HRIANA, and wait until she asks, "You will, won't you?"
- NOD TO SNOW
- Go to Fiona's Fine Swords and Shields.
- ORDER LION-EMBLAZONED SHIELD for 4,059 Dokoras. (If you order the wrong shield, Cleworth won't accept it.)
- Go to Castellan's Office in Theren Keep.
- GIVE SHIELD TO CLEWORTH (the one you bought in Shard)
- ASK CLEWORTH ABOUT HOLY WEAPON, and wait until he says, "If you truly want to know more, I'm afraid you will have to speak to her."
- Go to Lady Avant's Office in the Paladins' Guild.
- ASK AVANT ABOUT HOLY WEAPON
- ASK AVANT ABOUT STTIEJAL, and wait until she concludes, "He is probably out roaming the city if you'd like to find him. I need to get back to work here, I'm afraid."
- Find Sttiejal. (He wanders but might be found on Gull Circle.)
- ASK STTIEJAL ABOUT TOWER
- ASK STTIEJAL ABOUT PORTAL
- Pursue Sttiejal to the next room, and ASK STTIEJAL ABOUT PORTAL again.
- Wait until he "presses a small key into your hand and nods in the direction of the guild."
- Go to the Paladins' Guild, and find the Hallway with the locked door. (The room description ends with "A lone door sits in the far northwest corner." From the Entrance, go door, go arched passageway, go gate, climb steps.)
- While holding the key that Sttiejal gave you, UNLOCK DOOR WITH MY KEY.
- You should find yourself in a Small Room with a footlocker. This room has a box with a combination lock. TURN GOLD DIAL ON BOX and TURN PLATINUM DIAL ON BOX to change the combination. PUSH BUTTON ON BOX to attempt to open the box.
- When you find the right combination, "a portal you hadn't seen before" will appear. GO PORTAL.
- You will find yourself in the Glade of Dreams. Follow the Shady Lane until you find a room where "Two hulking cyclopses guard an arching trellis." GO TRELLIS.
- Keep walking until you find a Secluded Garden with "a large granite boulder." GLYPH EASE BOULDER.
- PUSH BOULDER and GO STEP to enter a Darkened Stairwell.
- Go DOWN as far as you can until you find the "massive wooden door" in the Underground Cavern. (You may encounter bony fylgjas and grey death spirits. These cannot be killed without a blessed weapon, but killing them is not necessary to complete the quest.)
- UNLOCK DOOR, OPEN DOOR, and GO DOOR.
- You should be in a room with an altar. PUT [DESIRED HOLY WEAPON] ON ALTAR. You should "sense a bonding between you and the weapon."
- You will find yourself back in the Small Room with Sttiejal. Listen to his speech until "Sttiejal fades away." If you've done everything right up to this point, you should see "You have also obtained the Glyph of Renew," when you type GLYPH, and you should see, "Your [weapon] is barely glowing with holy power," when you look at your weapon.
Charging Your Holy Weapon for the First Time
Do not attempt to use your new holy weapon before you charge it. If you use it when it is out of charges, it will lose its power, and you'll have to charge it twice before you can use it again.
Note: you cannot charge your holy weapon while it has a weapon strap tied to it.
- Go to the Chapel in Shard's Tower of Honor.
- PRAY CHADATRU (Your hands must be empty, and it's normal to "feel your head is not cleared enough to pay proper respect to Chadatru.")
- Wait there for five minutes. When it says, "After clearing your thoughts, you pray deeply toward Chadatru. A warm, soothing sensation washes over your soul," you're ready to charge your weapon.
- While holding your holy weapon, GLYPH RENEW [WEAPON].
- When you look at your weapon, it should no longer just be "barely glowing with holy power."
You can now use your holy weapon. Repeat that procedure at any charging location to recharge it.