|Missing or Incomplete Creature Information Needed|
|To add any of the missing information listed above, use THIS FORM.|
Composed of rock, the gargoyle is a statue come to life at the hand of an ambitious mage. Mostly irate at the world and grumbling to itself about anything from the state of the Elven nation to the weather, the gargoyle does not look so much inclined to fight as it is to curl up in a corner and look frightening. Still, it knows its task as a protector of its creator's domain, and will do its best to keep invaders from treading on its turf.
General Advice: Pick crossing gargs over Shard gargs; the Shard area is also filled with snowbeasts, which are lower level.
- Defence: Parry, Shield, and Evasion training very slowly at 128. 95s are sufficient to handle 2, but not for 3 or 4.
- Armor: Dabbling at 128; stops training at 132.
- Weapons: Still training well at 120.
- TM & Debil: Won't move past dabbling at 133.
- Skinning: (full arrange) still locking at 200
- Tactics: Hard cap at 162 with no soft cap - (34/34) at 161; (0/34) at 162.
- Locksmithing: Using mainly "quick" at 133 (Nov. 2014) still locking at 160 (Jan. 2016)
- Stealth starts to slow down around 157, and hard caps at 182 ranks.
- Still locking skinning at 197 ranks with a full arrange, take roughly 30 minutes to fill my backpack with boxes and i lock during this time.
Gargoyles have a charge attack. If they miss, they will rush themselves out of combat.(see discussion)
- Additionally, should you die while hunting them, they will always immediately stomp your head into a pulpy mess. Just something to keep in mind! (see discussion)
- APPRAISE CAREFUL info: The gargoyle appears immune to cold and fire.
- Strength - is about 20
- Agility - is about 20
- Discipline - is somewhat less than 20
- Reflex - is about 20
- Stamina - is somewhat less than 20
- it is wearing nothing.
- it is carrying nothing.
- 140 Locksmithing / 170 Perception / 20 Agility: (3) trivially constructed - (5) should not take long
- 150 Locksmithing / 190 Perception / 20 Agility: (2) laughable matter - (4) simple matter
- 160 Locksmithing / 220 Perception / 20 Agility: (2) laughable matter - (3) trivially constructed
I am able to open boxes carefully with 60 ranks in lockpick and disarm. Agility: 20. Perception: 165 (Syllanthis)
Locking with full backpack (17 Boxes) using analyze and harvest for every trap at 145 locksmithing with 27 agility. (Ramiyah)
- ARRANGE INFO: The gargoyle can be arranged to produce a skin.
Skin (stone grey hide)
- Unarranged max value: 154 Dokoras. High Quality (70) - work loose a sterling example of a stone grey hide
- Arranged max value: 169 Dokoras. Perfect Quality (99) - retrieve a perfect hide
- Spawn: A loud stomping sound fills the air as a granite gargoyle comes clomping in.
- Entrance: Muttering fills the air as a granite gargoyle stomps in.
- Exit: A granite gargoyle stomps <direction>, muttering to itself.
- Death1: A granite gargoyle grumbles and falls over with a *THUD*.
- Death2: A granite gargoyle grumbles and goes still.
- Decay: A granite gargoyle's statuesque form turns to dust and fades away.
Reflecting on the granite gargoyle, you recall that you once heard that creatures are the product of magical experiments to create non-living servants.
They are not known to cast any recognized spells.
They are known to carry loot in locked boxes.