Fire Ball (2.0)
|Valid Spell Target:||Others, Critters|
|Description:||The Fire Ball spell launches a ball of fire at a target which explodes on impact. If fed with great amounts of power it can be devastating, potentially injuring a great number of individuals around the initial target unless they are protected by an Ethereal Shield.|
|Example Messaging:||A large ball of flame flies at a giant thicket viper!|
The fireball blasts into its belly, nearly tearing it in half!
- Does impact and fire damage.
- This spell is affected by the weather.
- With fireballs described as "large" and above (18 mana or greater), a concussive blast accompanies a hit. This blast can hit both players and other creatures that are at melee with the target. Similarly, if the creature is at pole (or missile) range to the caster, other creatures and players at pole (or missile) range to the caster are also at risk. Ethereal Shield protects from this.
- The concussive blast is a TM contest.
- Fireball ignites Naphtha, but not the concussive blast.
- Compatible with the Pattern Hues cantrip, though it cannot alter the color of the flame itself.
Related forum posts