A collection of star maps, charts, calculations and algorithms, together they are used by Moon Mages to divine the future. Most often used by those of the Celestial Compact, the charts take an unusually logical and direct approach to fortunetelling. By studying the current positions of heavenly bodies and plotting out their course, mages are able to determine how the movements of the stars will affect the immediate future.
The content of the charts, combined with astrological observations, are used by a prophet to calculate the imminent future. In broad terms, the prophet seeks deviations from the expected lay of the stars caused by resonance with the Plane of Probability. Once found, these perturbations are ultimately placed into context by relative positions of the planets.
Many prominent members of the Celestial Compact claim that the rigid, mathematical nature of celestial charts make them uniquely suited for foretelling the arcane arts. As might be expected, this claim is hotly disputed by the other sects though the empirical evidence seems to be on the Compact's side.
- Sect Affinity: Celestial Compact.
- Domain: Magic. Charts grant a slight bonus to potency and duration when predicting on the Magic skillset.
- Prediction Affinity: Duration. Divination charts have a slightly higher base physical quality for duration than other tools.
Note: Divination charts are very easy to decipher for all aspects of prediction, and so are recommended for anyone who only wants to dabble in prediction or doesn't want to bother with the more complicated messaging of other tools.
The following table includes all known reliable (or semi-reliable, in the case of auctions) sources of charts, with some example wares. Any other wares from the same source will be of the same quality as the example(s). The quality listed in the table is overall craftsmanship, so take care to shop around. In particular, The Future is Now is known for offering charts that are strong on one quality and weaker on others.
|Dwarf||Leth Deriel||rolled vellum charts||5000||Kronars||1) Below Average|
|Celestial Garden Shop||Crossing Moon Mage guild||Celestians||pristine white vellum charts inked in silver||250000||Kronars||2) Average|
|The Future is Now||Hollow Eve Festival||festival||black celestial charts foiled with brass||5000000||Dokoras||3) Above Average|
|4) Very Good|
|The Future is Now||Hollow Eve Festival||festival||opulent celestial charts sprawled with metallic diagrams||50000000||Dokoras||5) Spectacular|
Note:See Prediction for complete details on the general process of prediction. Only details specific to divination charts will be covered here.
- A set of charts that have been INVOKEed to bond them to you.
- REVIEW CHARTS to perform a prediction on yourself.
- REVIEW CHARTS WITH <TARGET> to perform a prediction on another player.
Physical quality is indicated by the condition of each chart. Potency damage is determined by the condition of the "Zodiac Map," duration damage by the "Table of Astronomical Algorithms," alignment damage by the "Anomalous Discourse," and polarity damage by the "Diagram of Configurations." All four charts use the same messaging for their condition:
- The "<chart>" is a very good example of its kind.
- The "<chart>" is a good example of its kind.
- The "<chart>" is a mundane example of its kind.
- The "<chart>" is an unspectacular example of its kind.
- The "<chart>" is marred by several minor creases.
- The "<chart>" is dog-eared.
- The "<chart>" is folded and tattered.
- The "<chart>" is starting to tear along the folds.
Bond quality is indicated by the how experienced you are with the chart. Potency bond is determined by your experience with the "Zodiac Map," the duration bond by the "Table of Astronomical Algorithms," the alignment bond by the "Anomalous Discourse," and the polarity bond by the "Diagram of Configurations." All four use the same messaging for your experience with them:
|You are completely inexperienced with the "<chart>"||0|
|You are quite inexperienced with the "<chart>"||1-3|
|You are inexperienced with the "<chart>"||4-7|
|You are somewhat experienced with the "<chart>"||8-11|
|You are experienced with the "<chart>"||12-15|
|You are very experienced with the "<chart>"||16-19|
|You have a budding mastery of the "<chart>"||20-23|
|You have partial mastery of the "<chart>"||24-27|
|You have near total mastery of the "<chart>"||28-29|
|You have complete mastery of the "<chart>"||30|
Age and construction qualities
These are identical for all types of tools. See Prediction for a list of both.
- The "Zodiac Map" is dog-eared.
- The "Anomalous Discourse" is dog-eared.
- The "Diagram of Configurations" is dog-eared.
- The "Table of Astrological Algorithms" is marred by several minor creases.
- The charts are at least a couple of years old.
- They appear to have seen some use.
- The overall craftsmanship is below average and the charts should prove slightly susceptible to damage.
- Recognizing the investiture as your own, you cautiously probe the charts with your prophetic talent.
- You are quite inexperienced with the "Zodiac Map."
- You are completely inexperienced with the "Anomalous Discourse."
- You are quite inexperienced with the "Diagram of Configurations."
- You are quite inexperienced with the "Table of Astrological Algorithms."
These charts have been used a small amount and are not in great condition, nor were they likely well-made to begin with. Each of the charts is rather below average in quality, which means they are not as likely to grow your experience with them any further. Your experience with them is almost nothing, meaning the charts will not perform as well at predicting.
Potency is indicated by the severity of the anomaly when comparing the "Zodiac Map" with a constellation. The more severe the anomaly the greater the potency. The constellations appear to be random.
Disclaimer: The power cap is known to be 20% of the ranks of the predicted skill. However, beyond that all ranges listed are estimates only.
- Comparing the "Zodiac Map" with your own recent observations you note a <anomaly> within the <constellation>.
- Comparing the "Zodiac Map" with your own recent observations you note a convergence of the <constellation>, the <constellation>, and the <constellation>.
Unlike most tools, divination charts give an exact duration in roisaen/minutes when viewing the "Table of Astrological Algorithms."
- With the aid of the "Table of Astrological Algorithms" you conclude this event will hold sway for .
The "Anomalous Discourse" chart will in most cases quite clearly list the skill affected.
- Consulting the "Anomalous Discourse" you discover that this occurrence holds sway over your <skill phrase>.
|Brigandine||maneuverability in brigandine armor|
|Defending||ability to defend yourself|
|Chain Armor||maneuverability in chain armor|
|Light Armor||maneuverability in light armor|
|Parry||ability to parry|
|Plate Armor||maneuverability in plate armor|
|Shield Usage||skill with shields|
|Alchemy||skill with alchemy|
|Appraisal||ability to assess objects and people|
|Engineering||skill with engineering|
|Forging||skill with forging|
|Mechanical Lore||skill with mechanical devices|
|Outfitting||skill with outfitting|
|Performance||ability to perform|
|Bardic Lore||Bardic skill|
|Trading||ability to turn a profit|
|Arcana||aptitude with magical devices|
|Attunement||aptitude for channeling mana|
|Augmentation||aptitude for augmentation magic|
|Debilitation||aptitude for debilitation magic|
|Primary Magic||aptitude for magic|
|Targeted Magic||aptitude for targeted magic|
|Sorcery||aptitude for blending different mana types|
|Utility||aptitude for utility magic|
|Warding||aptitude for warding magic|
|Theurgy||ability to call on the Immortals|
|Bow||accuracy with bows|
|Brawling||ability to brawl.|
|Crossbow||accuracy with crossbows|
|Heavy Thrown||accuracy with heavy throwing weapons|
|Large Blunt||skill with large blunt weapons|
|Large Edged||skill with large blades|
|Light Thrown||accuracy with small throwing weapons|
|Melee Mastery||ability with melee weapons|
|Missile Mastery||accuracy with ranged weapons|
|Offhand Weapon||ability to wield an offhand weapon|
|Polearms||skill with polearms|
|Slings||accuracy with slings|
|Small Blunt||skill with small blunt weapons|
|Small Edged||skill with small blades|
|Staves||skill with staves|
|Twohanded Blunt||skill with twohanded blunt weapons|
|Twohanded Edged||skill with twohanded blades|
|Expertise||his expertise in combat|
|Evasion||ability to evade attacks|
|First Aid||your medical skills|
|Locksmithing||skill with locks|
|Outdoorsmanship||ability to survive in the wild|
|Skinning||ability to skin game|
|Stealth||ability to conceal your actions|
|Backstab||ability to ambush others|
|Scouting||ability to scout his/her surroundings|
Polarity is determined by the planet that is the dominant influence when referencing the "Diagram of Configurations." Planets closer to the sun indicate a bonus and the planets further from the sun provide a curse. The only exception is Dawgolesh, the 12th planet, which provides a bonus. This is the only aspect of divination charts the requires a bit of extra deciphering, and can easily be circumvented by using EXP MODS to determine polarity.
- Referencing the "Diagram of Configurations" you determine that <planet> is the dominant influence.
- Bonus: Durgaulda, Dawgolesh, Estrilda, Penhetia, Verena, Yoakena
- Curse: Ismenia, Merewalda, Morleena, Szeldia, Er'qutra, Amlothi
Special messages usually indicate either damage to a physical quality or an increase to a bond quality, although it can also indicate a polarity inversion or a prediction averaging.
- The threads of prophecy respond sluggishly to your efforts, as if already strained.
- You already have a prediction on that skill. Your two predictions are now averaged.
- You feel this prediction has enhanced your understanding of the "<chart>".
- The bond strength of the chart has increased.
- Unfortunately you notice some new wear on the "<chart>".
- Damage to the given chart.
- Critical success. All bond qualities have a chance to increase slightly, and guaranteed to be a potent bonus.
- Critical fumble. All physical and bond qualities have a chance to decrease slightly, and guaranteed to be a nasty curse. Capped bond values are immune.
- You hesitate a moment, mentally correcting a calculation before referencing the "Diagram of Configurations."
- Polarity inversion prevented due to prediction pool.
- Referencing the "Diagram of Configurations" you notice a past correction on the chart which you almost forgot to account for. Given this, you determine that <planet> is the dominant influence.
- Polarity inversion prevented due to polarity bond.
- Comparing the "Zodiac Map" with your own recent observations you note a modest anomaly within the constellation of the Cow.
- Consulting the "Anomalous Discourse" you discover that this occurrence holds sway over your skill with small blades.
- You hesitate a moment, mentally correcting a calculation before referencing the "Diagram of Configurations" you determine that Estrilda is the dominant influence.
- With the aid of the "Table of Astrological Algorithms" you conclude this event will hold sway for twenty-one roisaen.
- Unfortunately you notice some new wear on the "Zodiac Map".
This is a moderately weak positive prediction on the Small Edge skill that will last for twenty-one roisaen. The "Zodiac Map" was damaged as a result of this prediction. There was a polarity inversion from a bonus to a curse that was prevented by the observations in your prediction pool.
- Everyone: BEAM, BLINK, BREAK (destroys the charts), EAT, GASP, PAT, ROLL, SCREAM, SHAKE, TRACE, TURN, UNROLL, and WAVE.
- Celestians: ARRANGE, CLENCH, HUG, HUM, READ, and STARE.
- Note: While ROLLed up most verbs act differently, and the charts cannot be used to predict.
Creation of divination charts is not yet possible. Presumably it will use the Enchanting skill.
Note: Due to a technical error with the site, the following list may also contains some mundane charts or star charts and be missing some divination charts.