Post:(Long Post) Votary Hhstin attempts to meddle with the Obelisk on Taisgath - 02/20/2013 - 05:56

From elanthipedia
Jump to: navigation, search


This article has been tagged for wikification.
In other words, the format needs a bit of cleaning up and wikicode added to it.
Check Articles for wikification for more articles needing wikification.


(Long Post) Votary Hhstin attempts to meddle with the Obelisk on Taisgath · on 02/20/2013 05:56 AM CST 1229
First is a log of what my familiar saw and said


You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . You concentrate on the vision of your familiar... [Dunes of Despair, Dune Crest] The dune slopes down to the west and east, providing a precarious perch. Waves of unrelenting heat roll off the unending dunes of sand, blurring the horizon. Also here: Votary Hhstin. Obvious paths: north, northeast, south, southwest. > Hhstin slowly lowers his tail to the ground.

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Beast? " > Hhstin asks, "Did I not make myself clear the first time?" > Votary Hhstin just went southwest. > You sense your white lynx stand back up. > You sense that your familiar has caught up with Hhstin and you concentrate on its vision... [Tavayon, Water's Edge] Numerous spires of obsidian jut around the rim of the crater and smaller fragments speckle the terrain, ranging from mere pebbles to colossal boulders taller than a Gor'Tog. Meager plant life struggles to eke out an existence in this bleak landscape, growing marginally more abundant as it approaches a brackish oasis to the north. Also here: Votary Hhstin. Obvious paths: north, northeast, northwest.

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "My master has been informed you meddle with objects of great power. I shall not 'begone'." > Hhstin says, "It's no business of yours what I do." > You sense your white lynx sit down. > The armadillo bursts out of the ground in a surprise assault! The desert armadillo leaps from hiding and ambushes Hhstin! Moving like a striking snake, an elder desert armadillo growls lowly and swings at Hhstin. Hhstin fails to evade, moving directly into the blow. The sharp claws lands a very heavy hit that barely punctures the skin on the upper chest causing a slight welt, lightly stunning him! > Driving in like an unbeatable force, an elder desert armadillo growls lowly and swings at Hhstin. Hhstin fails to dodge, failing miserably. The sharp claws lands a powerful strike that rips a small chunk of flesh from his left forearm! > Hhstin tries to back out of combat but is unable to get away from an elder desert armadillo! > The desert armadillo begins to advance on Hhstin. > Hhstin tries to back out of combat but is unable to get away from an elder desert armadillo! > Hhstin tries to back out of combat but is unable to get away from an elder desert armadillo! > The desert armadillo closes to melee range on Hhstin. > Hhstin tries to back out of combat but is unable to get away from an elder desert armadillo! > Hhstin tries to back out of combat but is unable to get away from an elder desert armadillo! > Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, an elder desert armadillo slices wide at Hhstin. Hhstin fails to dodge, moving directly into the blow. The sharp claws lands a powerful strike that rips skin and exposes bloody cartilage under the left kneecap!

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Apparently the armadillo agrees." > The armadillo bursts out of the ground in a surprise assault! The desert armadillo leaps from hiding and ambushes Hhstin! Moving as one fluid extension of power, an elder desert armadillo swipes at Hhstin. Hhstin fails to evade, moving directly into the blow. The barbed tail lands a very heavy hit that drives his thumb over backwards to parallel the forearm for a short moment, lightly stunning him! > The armadillo bursts out of the ground in a surprise assault! The desert armadillo leaps from hiding and ambushes Hhstin! Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, an elder desert armadillo growls lowly and swings at Hhstin. Hhstin fails to dodge, failing miserably. The barbed tail lands an extremely heavy hit that blasts clean through the right leg with a well-placed swing that throws blood and bone splinters everywhere! > Hhstin slowly tips over and falls down. > Driving in like an unbeatable force, an elder desert armadillo lurches forward and slashes at Hhstin. Hhstin attempts to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The sharp claws lands a hard hit that just barely penetrates the skin to nick the stomach ('Tis but a scratch!)! >

Hhstin's in shock and dying!

> Moving like a striking snake, an elder desert armadillo growls lowly and swings at Hhstin. Hhstin fails to evade, failing miserably. The sharp claws lands a very heavy hit that pierces straight through the breastbone to lodge the sharp claws in the heart!

* Hhstin was just struck down!
* Hhstin is slain before your eyes!

> The armadillo burrows into the ground for a short time, becoming nearly invisible. > The armadillo burrows into the ground for a short time, becoming nearly invisible. >

The substance of Hhstin's body shimmers, as if covered by a veil of crystal tears. A moment later he fades away, leaving nothing but empty air where his body had once lain.

> The armadillo burrows into the ground for a short time, becoming nearly invisible. > You sense your white lynx stand back up. > An elder desert armadillo shuffles northwest. > An elder desert armadillo shuffles north. > You sense that your familiar has caught up with Hhstin and you concentrate on its vision... [Fala Inisharon, Upper Slopes] Along its way down the gentle slope, the stream widens into quiet pools as if for some sylvan ritual. It curves to the southwest, gliding through a forest cathedral dappled with beams of light lancing from the forest crown high above. The scent of balsam sweetens the air, and even the birds seem hushed in quiet reverence. Also here: Votary Hhstin who is lying down. Obvious paths: east, southwest. >

You sense your white lynx sit down. > Hhstin says, "Topology is destiny."

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "And avoiding large animals certainly extends ones time to find one's destiny." > Hhstin says, "Your jovial guardian stripped me of my protections." > Hhstin takes a seat.

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Protections from what? "

Hhstin snorts, loudly. > Hhstin presses his hands together, his eyes sliding shut as he concentrates. > Hhstin slowly empties his lungs.

You concentrate on projecting your thoughts. > You notice as a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes looks upward negligently. > Hhstin says, "From wildlife, in this case." > Hhstin says, "Though furious Elves were what I had in mind, when I wove them."

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Well. My master somewhat amusedely wonders if a bit stronger protection might be in order for your next attempt?" > Hhstin says, "I'd like to see you do better against this particular furious Elf. No matter." > Hhstin says, "I learned most of what I needed to know." > You notice as a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes looks upward negligently. > Hhstin asks, "It cannot be always watched. Some other time, hmm?" > High overhead a steady honking signals the passing of a flight of geese.

> Hhstin smiles. > You notice as a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes sniffs the ground.

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Master cautions you. Generally he doesn't particularly care for the affairs of those on the islands, but harm has come to Magic recently. No threat is implied, but sometimes one's goals can bring unintended consequences." > Hhstin says, "Ahh, you condescend to caution me? Fascinating." > You notice as a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes looks upward negligently. > The tip of Hhstin's tail makes lazy circles in the air. > You notice as a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes sniffs the ground. > You notice as a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes looks upward negligently.

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Condescend? No that is not what I feel in his emotions. Concern. Not for you, he has no reason to be concerned for you. Amused perhaps, but not concern. Concern for what might happen next if some uninformed fool meddles with the fabrics of magic again." > Hhstin says, "I would be better served by advice on animal taming, it seems."

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Move faster."

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Don't give them time to stalk you." > Hhstin smirks.

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Bring bait." > Hhstin says, "I did not come here by choice, alas."

Hhstin says, "And the only bait...well. I am sure you'd object."

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Indeed I can relate to that." > You notice as a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes looks upward negligently. > The tip of Hhstin's tail makes lazy circles in the air. > Hhstin stands up. > Hhstin turns his gaze to the sky for a few moments. > Hhstin raises his arm skyward, chanting.

You notice as a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes looks upward negligently. > Hhstin gestures. Hhstin's cambrinth armband emits a loud snap. > Hhstin raises his arm skyward, chanting. Hhstin says, "Consequences."

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Indeed." > Hhstin muses, his lips curling in amusement. > Hhstin gestures. Hhstin's cambrinth armband emits a loud snap. > Hhstin flicks the tip of his tail toward the ground sharply. > Hhstin raises his arm skyward, chanting. > Hhstin says, "I suppose Lomtaun will not pay to have my robes mended." > Hhstin gestures. Tendrils of blue-white light silently shimmer into view and wrap around Hhstin, covering him in a barrier forming a lattice of geometric shapes.

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "And who or what is Lomtaun?" > Hhstin raises his arm skyward, chanting. > Hhstin says, "He's the fellow who arranged my transport to this lovely place." > Hhstin says, "Rent all my spells, shoved me through a rift." > You notice as a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes looks upward negligently. > Hhstin asks, "Consequences there shall be. But for whom?" > Hhstin gestures. Hhstin's cambrinth armband emits a loud snap.

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Well. Probably for you in the short term?" > Hhstin asks, "Indeed. But I am not without friends. It's good to have friends, wouldn't you say?"

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "My Master certainly agrees." > Hhstin presses his hands together gently, gazing out in the forest pensively. > Hhstin raises his arm skyward, chanting. > Hhstin says, "And here I must leave you. Perhaps we will meet again some other day." > Hhstin's tail undulates in an agitated fashion. > Hhstin gestures. The air around Hhstin begins to shimmer oddly.

You hold your talisman tightly as you concentrate . . . The white lynx growls, "Perhaps." > You sense your white lynx stand back up. > You sense that your familiar is traveling. > > The guard searches the area with a wary eye. > think Karui according to him, Lomtaun sent him to do something which he failed to accomplish.

You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.


Log of the thoughts:



Karui: Oh. Hell. You hear your mental voice echo, "Eh?" Karui: Someone, a young S'kra Mur, is messing with one of the obelisks! You hear your mental voice echo, "Light him on fire. I find that usually solves most problems." Vaskor: Well, smack him upside the head and chop off his tail. Karui: I have no idea where he is. If anyone can, get to the obelisk down...by... Karui: Um. Which of the immortals is a represented by a shrew? Karui: Someone. Need to check the obelisk by shard Jhaason: Kerenhappuch Danoryiel: hrm, I want to say Kerrenhaupach. You hear your mental voice echo, "It is. It is one of the aspects of Meraud. I'm jumping down." Strais: Pray forgive my ignorance, but what's the significance of this obelisk? You hear your mental voice echo, "Damnit, the moon isn't up." You hear your mental voice echo, "Guess I'm walking down" Karui: These obelisks are relics of ancient lunar magic that control the barrier between the Plane of Abiding and the Plane of probality Karui: Taisgarth! Go. To . Taisgarith! You hear your mental voice echo, "Anyone have a beam down there before I take the long walk/?" You hear your mental voice echo, "Damnit That's in Qi now that I think of it. That's where it is Karui?" You hear your mental voice echo, "He's on M'riss" You hear your mental voice echo, "And he's threatening my familiar. " You hear your mental voice echo, "HAHA. A dillo is killing him." Gybrush: there for a moment i swear i thought you said something other than 'dillo' and couldnt help but think 'wow thats a crappy way to die' You hear your mental voice echo, "Well, apparently the armadillo killing him stirpped him of some protection which he's attempting to restore. he is not at all amused with me." Your mind hears Deadringer thinking, "<to you>" " who you trying to kill?" Leanris: Anybody is selling a cambrinth armband? I lost mine. Thanks Acynarian: I have a spare, Leanris. Ye at the guild? Erraness: if you aren't going to use the other mind if I get it back? Acynarian: Erraness I have one fer ye, too, if ye need. Erraness: Oh no I just like using the ones I have You hear your mental voice echo, "Well apparently he was sent by someone else." Karui: Crossing. Be on the lookout for a S'kra Mur male by the name of Hhstin. Guildleader Lomtaun, leader of the Moon Mage's guild on Taisgarith, has repeled his assault You hear your mental voice echo, "I was in communication with him." Karui: Hhstin is a member of the dangerous group known as the Children of Kalestraum. You hear your mental voice echo, "Karui according to him, Lomtaun sent him to do something which he failed to accomplish." Vaskor: Why isn't Kssarh treatin him like a young loonie? Karui: I cannot speak for what may have or may have not happened. All I know is that I felt the...ripples of what Hhstin was doint to the Obelisk on Taisgarith from here. You hear your mental voice echo, "I understand that. I can't speak to the truth of his actions. I only know that he threatened my familiar and I saw him decimated by an elder armadillo. He made comments to the effect of wondering if Lomtaum would pay for the damage to his clothing." You hear your mental voice echo, "Oh I see. Apparently Lomtaum stopped him, destroyed his protection spells and shoved him through a rift to dillos. Heh." Karui: And to be blunt, anything to do with those Obelisks is Bad News. Empasis on the Bad News part. You hear your mental voice echo, "I agree. I tried to make it clear to the S'kra about what happened the last time someone messed with the Planes." You hear your mental voice echo, "I'm preparing a summary of what my familiar saw and said." Karui: And I too shall chronicle what I witnessed today

This message was originally posted in Events and Happenings in DragonRealms' Elanthia \ Qi Events, by ELRIIC on the play.net forums.