See Post:Significant Magic Changes (Magic 3.1) - 11/13/2013 - 23:03 for details. It will coincide with Combat 3.1 updates.
Any bugs or comments should be directed to the Magic 3.1 Comments page.
- All bonuses to skills and stats (other than crafting) have been changed to an uncapped 20% boost (15% for out of SOI).
- Bonuses to crafting skills are half that -- 10% or 7.5%.
- These numbers are for max mana. Casting at lower mana results in a proportionally smaller boost.
- There is a minimum of +10 ranks, or + 2 stat points on successful casts of a buff spell. As you go up in spell power from skill ranks and spell potency you get closer to the buff's cap for SOI.
- Addition of the Research/Symbiosis system for extending the training of spells.
- Cyclic spells that are not TM or debilitation will have changed their teaching process. They will begin teach low, rise to a moderate level, then slowly taper off to nothing. To continue learning, they must be activated again.
- Spell and ability slot progression will cease at 150th level for all guilds.
- Ease Burden/Strange Arrow - Intro spells, no preqs.
- Lay Ward/Manifest Force/Seal Cambrinth/Burden - Basic spells, req either Ease Burden or Strange Arrow.
- Dispel/Imbue - Advanced spells, req any two AP spells.
Multishoe AOEs will now start at 1 attack per target and scale up to 3 with additional mana. In addition, it will hit up to 6 random targets at the specified range, regardless of the number of valid targets.
- Targeting Foci are planned, but not in time for 3.1